• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rock Band

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Are you getting this Game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SSLaertes

Seeker of Darkness
TheLastKnight said:
heh, I was expecting something LIKE a real drumset.

just a little

the rest of them are cool

Actually, it gets pretty close to the real thing. Unlike the Guitar, most drummers can get right into expert like first try 0_0 My friend who plays drum said its like drum tab scrolling on the screen

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
For some reason, on the drums, I confuse the yellow pad with the drum pedal. I dunno why, but every time a yellow comes up, I press the pedal, and whenever the bar comes up, I hit the yellow. ;_;

SSLaertes

Seeker of Darkness
Uhh, it should be a no brainer. Walmart doesn't put out the step because you know someone will break it, it has already happened to several x-plorer guitars XD

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Yeah, people are complaining about the peripherals. . .

I can drum, somewhat, so I just go into expert.

It's still hard because I really suck. . .but I can do it!

SSLaertes

Seeker of Darkness
You must have really high expectation then, lol, because if they tried to make its an exact drum, it would piss several people off. Your thinking like 9 parts, which would be horrible, not only for a reaction time but also how much space it would take. What I am trying to say I guess is the drums they have for Rock Band is more practical for the gaming environment. =/

Stravos said:
Yeah, people are complaining about the peripherals. . .

I can drum, somewhat, so I just go into expert.

It's still hard because I really suck. . .but I can do it!
Yeah, I hear a lot of complaints about how well built some of the peripheral is. Some Youtube videos even show ppl taping up their drums because they are faulty and not tight with its making. Also, the old prototypes of the Rock Band Guitar's strum bar was easily broken, and hopefully they fixed it for the final release.

SSLaertes

Seeker of Darkness
*Bump.... again....*

I am bring a resurrection of this thread because i know several ppl got this game for Christmas... why this thread keeps dying is beyond me.

Just a few side notes to add...
1. Drums are a blast ppl, don't buy the game alone because it aint worth it!

2. Rock Band Special Edition (PS2) is incredible hard to find, and I know there are ppl out there that are still stuck with PS2. You might have to wait a few weeks till orders are filled again because it seems almost every store is sold out at store and online. [Amazon asking $250 for the set...]

Et Cetera

Bronze Member
I played Rock Band at my friends house, and it was blast. The drums are alot of fun. I love the free style drum breaks.

Guitar/Bass are pretty cool. At first, though, I had trouble with the HOPO's and rectangular notes. And i found it really hard to get my self to use the solo buttons.
The peripheral is mediocre IMO. The strum bar doesn't give that satisfying click that I'm used to, but has transplanted that noise to the frets. Which are flush, meaning that I often pass over the orange button. I also ended up holding down frets by accident since i wrap my thumb around the neck a little.

Vocals are more fun than I tought, once you get over being embarrassed.

mesmerized

I have it, its really awesome. I'm the drum player.. currently I'm in between medium and hard. I nail all the medium songs and the hard are just gahhhhh... the foot peddle screws me up. Anyone intrested in adding me as a friend and we can play together?? PM me if so :) [ps3]

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
I got it for Christmas too. I haven't had a lot of time to really sit down and drill into the game, but from what I played on Christmas with family, it's the best party game ever invented.

MosesMohs

I got it for Christmas too. I haven't had a lot of time to really sit down and drill into the game, but from what I played on Christmas with family, it's the best party game ever invented.

Well, if that isn't the truth I don't know what is.

It does seem like a very good family/party game.

:]

SSLaertes

Seeker of Darkness
Hmm I know there are mixed opinions about the difficulty in this game, but it seems the Guitar is easier than any Guitar Game Harmonix game made previously. GH2 was harder than most of these songs on Rock Band.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Maps? I'll have to check that one out. . .

I want to learn Welcome Home on guitar (real). . .

I loved that song, just didn't realise it til Rock Band.

Also didn't realise that I kinda like I'm so Sick. . .

SSLaertes

Seeker of Darkness
Flyleaf is awesome Stravos, I want to see some DLC for more Flyleaf =P

Awards
Actually, it gets pretty close to the real thing. Unlike the Guitar, most drummers can get right into expert like first try 0_0 My friend who plays drum said its like drum tab scrolling on the screen

Quote for truth. My dad is a drummer in real life, and a huge fan of Rush. The first song he ever played was Tom Sawyer on expert, and he got 95% while barely even paying attention to the notes on screen. Apparently he just memorized what each colored pad represented and played it the same way it would be played on a real drum set.

On the other hand, I play guitar in real life, and frankly it hasn't helped me at all in playing Rock Band. If anything it is a disadvantage because I am used to a bigger fretboard, the feeling of a string digging into the tips of my fingers, etc. etc. I usually only play on Medium or Hard because I simply can't keep up with the notes on screen. Yet all of my friends, who have never laid their hands on a real guitar in their lives, can play Expert with their eyes closed.

Anyway, I got this game for Christmas and haven't found a whole lot to complain about. Except for the peripherals. My guitar already broke, and my replacement package still hasn't arrived after ordering nearly a week ago.

And frankly I'm not crazy about the setlist. Flyleaf? Fall Out Boy? Make me gag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back