• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Resident Evil 2 | January 25th for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Curious to see how this will turn out to be a Resident Evil game. I am getting a cannibal hillbilly vibe.

I feel like they watched a marathon of The Walking Dead while drunk and that idea turned into this. And added ghosts to it? I hope it's not heavy on ghosts and includes some form of zombies or the use of a virus.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I feel like they watched a marathon of The Walking Dead while drunk and that idea turned into this. And added ghosts to it? I hope it's not heavy on ghosts and includes some form of zombies or the use of a virus.

Some sort of virus is definitely present, given the growths forming on Jack Baker's face. The second figure, assuming it is the wife, sounds infected and the very brief shot of her face is telling. It is just the matter of how this virus has affected this family and what kind of strain it is. Definitely need to see some of the actual game to determine more of the story.

Last edited:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Some sort of virus is definitely present, given the growths forming on Jack Baker's face. The second figure, assuming it is the wife, sounds infected and the very brief shot of her face is telling. It is just the matter of how this virus has affected this family and what kind of strain it is. Definitely need to see some of the actual game to determine more of the story.

I don't really think that ghost girl was his wife. It's hard to tell since the ghost's flashes are literally for only a second, but she's wearing what looks like a white gown of sorts with really long black hair. She doesn't really match the photo of Marguerite above the fireplace. But yeah, you're probably right that it'd have to be some form of virus for the growth. Must be similar to the virus from RE4 than the more zombie-like virus since he seems to look human mostly aside from seemingly gone crazy.

But I definitely think the player character could be their son (not the camera man from the vhs tape, he was clearly named Clancy, but the guy from the present day). Though they did say the character we played as in the demo wouldn't be who we control in the main game. But if it was the son, then he'd definitely show up in the main game then. I really like they're not revealing much at all about it, hopefully we get another trailer though closer to launch but nothing more.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I don't really think that ghost girl was his wife. It's hard to tell since the ghost's flashes are literally for only a second, but she's wearing what looks like a white gown of sorts with really long black hair. She doesn't really match the photo of Marguerite above the fireplace. But yeah, you're probably right that it'd have to be some form of virus for the growth. Must be similar to the virus from RE4 than the more zombie-like virus since he seems to look human mostly aside from seemingly gone crazy.

But I definitely think the player character could be their son (not the camera man from the vhs tape, he was clearly named Clancy, but the guy from the present day). Though they did say the character we played as in the demo wouldn't be who we control in the main game. But if it was the son, then he'd definitely show up in the main game then. I really like they're not revealing much at all about it, hopefully we get another trailer though closer to launch but nothing more.

I was talking about the figure at the very end of the demo, which presumably kills Clancy. It is definitely a woman and the only other character we know from the demo itself is Marguerite. As for the ghost girl, I want to believe Re7's song Aunt Rhody is about her. A sort of "hidden daughter" locked away and might be Patient Zero. She only appears in the VHS section of the demo and virtually does nothing to hinder you. The house is notorious for ghost sightings so maaaaybe if she turns out to be benevolent, that she is trying to scare people away to protect them from the Family.

I, too, was thinking that the main character will be Lucas, given the whole "family" feel and the "welcome home" messages. He is the only character that is missing from the demo. Only Lucas makes sense because why would anyone else go to that house, aside from our open kill participants? Certainly no STARS member, since this seems to be a very closed off outbreak.

At least the "Resident" part of RE is back in full force. I am hoping the parallels to Silent Hills Homecoming stop here.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I was talking about the figure at the very end of the demo, which presumably kills Clancy. It is definitely a woman and the only other character we know from the demo itself is Marguerite. As for the ghost girl, I want to believe Re7's song Aunt Rhody is about her. A sort of "hidden daughter" locked away and might be Patient Zero. She only appears in the VHS section of the demo and virtually does nothing to hinder you. The house is notorious for ghost sightings so maaaaybe if she turns out to be benevolent, that she is trying to scare people away to protect them from the Family.

I, too, was thinking that the main character will be Lucas, given the whole "family" feel and the "welcome home" messages. He is the only character that is missing from the demo. Only Lucas makes sense because why would anyone else go to that house, aside from our open kill participants? Certainly no STARS member, since this seems to be a very closed off outbreak.

At least the "Resident" part of RE is back in full force. I am hoping the parallels to Silent Hills Homecoming stop here.

I'm almost positive that the girl at the end of the demo and the ghost girl are one and the same. If you pause the ending at the right moment, you can tell they have the same outfit/gown thing on. And the long black hair is a definite match too. That is interesting to note that she doesn't appear outside the vhs tape.

Wasn't STARS disbanded though? It'd be the BSAA now I think. Given it looked like the character was wearing a button down and not any kind of military uniform or whatnot, I'd say it was just a normal civilian.

It's definitely clever how they managed to link the international titles finally with Biohazard 7 having Resident Evil as its subtitle and vice versa. But I'm not so sure how I feel about having it similar enough to Silent Hill though, there was always a difference to them and they each had their own identity.

I don't know if you or anyone watched the analysis video I posted of the demo, but it's strange to note how we may end up dealing with ghosts which is something that's never really been done in Resident Evil aside from the RE4 beta before it turned third person camera.

Edit: Oh, this could explain the differences:

Resident Evil 7 written by a westerner, a first for the series

No wonder it'll surely feel different from the entire series.

Last edited:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I'm almost positive that the girl at the end of the demo and the ghost girl are one and the same. If you pause the ending at the right moment, you can tell they have the same outfit/gown thing on. And the long black hair is a definite match too. That is interesting to note that she doesn't appear outside the vhs tape.

Wasn't STARS disbanded though? It'd be the BSAA now I think. Given it looked like the character was wearing a button down and not any kind of military uniform or whatnot, I'd say it was just a normal civilian.

It's definitely clever how they managed to link the international titles finally with Biohazard 7 having Resident Evil as its subtitle and vice versa. But I'm not so sure how I feel about having it similar enough to Silent Hill though, there was always a difference to them and they each had their own identity.

I don't know if you or anyone watched the analysis video I posted of the demo, but it's strange to note how we may end up dealing with ghosts which is something that's never really been done in Resident Evil aside from the RE4 beta before it turned third person camera.

Edit: Oh, this could explain the differences:

Resident Evil 7 written by a westerner, a first for the series

No wonder it'll surely feel different from the entire series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_H...outube.com/watch?v=V_Hbr9ITvc0&has_verified=1

0:41 Just spam the space bar in that second. You can see a frail body in jeans and a sleeveless shirt. Further in the video and she ABSOLUTELY has a zombie face.

That is absolutely not the Ghost Girl. It isn't what Marguerite is wearing in the photo but I still want to think it is her, unless it is another new character. If we were to say those are the same character, then whatever the VHS tape is picking up is not a ghost at all.

But then, what if it was another character? Another family member? Further in the video, we see a table with five chairs set around it. One for Jack, one for Marguerite, one for Lucas, and then we have two extra chairs. We certainly are going to learn about more characters if this is a full length game.

I do think Ghost Girl will be a character, more than what we saw on the VHS tape. Same video, around the 2:08 mark. Assuming that is Jack, he is lugging you around and something over his shoulder. Someone wearing a pale white dress and long black hair. I do think that is Ghost Girl but clearly not a ghost. Maybe she is dead or maybe what we are seeing on the VHS tape is just not a ghost after all.

Then there is this weird fixation on black hair. Ghost Girl has it. Kill Girl has it. The shadowy figure has it. We've see a couple images of black haired women in the trailer. Hell, even the tendrils of the virus LOOK like strands of black hair.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_H...outube.com/watch?v=V_Hbr9ITvc0&has_verified=1

0:41 Just spam the space bar in that second. You can see a frail body in jeans and a sleeveless shirt. Further in the video and she ABSOLUTELY has a zombie face.

That is absolutely not the Ghost Girl. It isn't what Marguerite is wearing in the photo but I still want to think it is her, unless it is another new character. If we were to say those are the same character, then whatever the VHS tape is picking up is not a ghost at all.

But then, what if it was another character? Another family member? Further in the video, we see a table with five chairs set around it. One for Jack, one for Marguerite, one for Lucas, and then we have two extra chairs. We certainly are going to learn about more characters if this is a full length game.

I do think Ghost Girl will be a character, more than what we saw on the VHS tape. Same video, around the 2:08 mark. Assuming that is Jack, he is lugging you around and something over his shoulder. Someone wearing a pale white dress and long black hair. I do think that is Ghost Girl but clearly not a ghost. Maybe she is dead or maybe what we are seeing on the VHS tape is just not a ghost after all.

Then there is this weird fixation on black hair. Ghost Girl has it. Kill Girl has it. The shadowy figure has it. We've see a couple images of black haired women in the trailer. Hell, even the tendrils of the virus LOOK like strands of black hair.

Oh huh, you're right, looks like she's wearing rolled up pants or something. Definitely a different outfit than the ghost girl. I saw the white top and jump the gun, but I couldn't find a good view of her pants. Looks like her teeth are fang-like sharp now too.

I think going by the chairs could be plausible, but if you look at the food plates or the tea cups, there are only two of each which could be just the mom and pop? That does leave it open for additional children or other relatives like an aunt as you said.

Before reading the rest of your reply, I was gonna reply with this photo but you already mentioned it being in the trailer lol. She totally looks dead, or at least unconscious, as she's being carried though, so it could be a haunting of sorts if that's the case. Yeah I totally agree, I think the ghost girl is gonna be an actual character to the story and have purpose (obviously). She wouldn't just be appearing for a second at a time here and there in only the vhs tape without any significance.

There definitely is a really strong The Ring vibe from the whole thing.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
You can go two ways with the "Family". First is that it is literal and in that all members of the family became infected over the course of time and we will be dealing with them. Second is to take what happens to Clancy, in that he was "welcomed" into the family. Perhaps other people who have investigated the house were captured in a similar fashion and "joined" the Family.

Can't wait for a new trailer so I can over analyze that. First Resident Evil game where the story might actually interest me since RE4.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I'm pretty sure the player outside the VHS tape isn't Clancy, it's a different character. Clancy never got 'welcomed' in, the other guy did. Clancy and Pete looked like they were tied up and kidnapped after discovering Andre's corpse in the basement, they most certainly weren't killed then and there. Family definitely can be taken those two ways though, unless our player character really was Lucas, I'm thinking it'll be more of the metaphorical sense. edit: not sure how accurate it could be, but the RE wiki states that the woman who stabs Pete at the end was Marguerite. No one has made a page about the ghost girl though, so it's probably safe to say there are not the same person.

Gotta say, I'm super intrigued too. I'm confused as to how this could possibly connected to the greater continuity of the mainline series (and if you look at the tape, it takes place in June 2017).

-

Oh and I beat RE0 yesterday, my God was that plot awful lol. It made me like Rebecca a bit more though, I'm glad she's gonna appear with Leon in the next cgi film finally. Guess Billy is never appearing again at this point. Definitely don't think I'll be getting the platinum. Beating it without saving? Eh, sure I guess no that I have infinite ammo unlocked. Beating it without healing items whatsoever? diddly that noise. I guess the only platinum I'll have for this series is RE6 lol and maybe REVII coming up or the RE2make possibly depending how that's handled.

Last edited:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I didn't think to think that there were two playable characters. Both are white and both are male. I just sort of assumed it was still Clancy since the demo sort of puts together a storyline. But perhaps the non VHS section never actually happens. The objects popping into view, the mannequins moving on their own, and the woman on the phone are all a bit weird to happen. Maybe that was just a set piece like how PT was just a set piece.

That said, the woman on the phone. Might be part of the story, might just be there for the demo. Hard to tell, but we can gleam something from the messages.

"You have the power to choose. But the outcome of that choice may not be what you expect."

Possible multiple endings confirmed?

"Memories hold the truth. Don't let appearances mislead you."

I think this sort of confirms Lucas. Who would hold memories of the Baker family? And misleading appearances could be reflecting to how the house changes, like Lucas misremembering information about his old home.

"You will have to say goodbye eventually. But will you be ready?"

Kill everyone, aight. Not easy if Lucas is going to be the PC.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Yeah, I'm pretty set on the fact that we control two different characters in the demo, a nameless character and Clancy during the VHS portion. I do think the VHS part happens, it's kinda suggested based on their interviews last week in how the demo takes place before the story. The thing about the VHS tape though, is the only thing paranormal in it is the ghost girl. The blair witch figures hanging in that room, the mannequins moving on their own, the phone call, those all take place outside the vhs flashback.

I would bet that the woman's dialog over the phone would have importance. Multiple endings aren't new to the franchise, I think they only occurred in the first game though? I don't recall them taking place in any of the other games in the series.

I think the 'memories' line could be a reference to the departure of the third person perspective, at least if taken in a slight meta lens. I believe this one happens when you pick up the photo of the helicopter with the Umbrella logo on it, hence the content of the lines.

That last one is interesting in that, that line happens when you find the axe as well as find the secret room with the phone. Again, if looked at with a meta view, could be how none of our favorite characters are returning for this one, asking the player if they can be ready for that. I don't think these phone calls are meant to be looked at in-universe. Again I could be wrong, but this is what I think of the top of my head; and I think I should watch that analysis video again that I posted, I already forgot what that person thought on the phone calls haha.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
So has the community found a purpose for the axe and the finger yet?

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
So has the community found a purpose for the axe and the finger yet?

I've looked into it quite a bit lol but I haven't found anything nor have I found anything on the interwebs yet. The initial thought for the finger would be for a mannequin but the ones that have hands have all their fingers, and the ones that are stationary and can't be destroyed that turn around to look at you don't have their arms. I think the axe is merely to let us know there will be combat in the final game for those worried it'll be some Outlast/Amnesia/Soma clone where it's run and hide and that's it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
if you have a headset when the old man welcomes you to the family, you say "got ur nose" into the microphone. the PC will pull out the mannequin finger and the hillbilly will be captivated. you then hand him the axe and tell him he needs to cut firewood for the winter or Ma won't survive it. the fucking fool.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I've looked into it quite a bit lol but I haven't found anything nor have I found anything on the interwebs yet. The initial thought for the finger would be for a mannequin but the ones that have hands have all their fingers, and the ones that are stationary and can't be destroyed that turn around to look at you don't have their arms. I think the axe is merely to let us know there will be combat in the final game for those worried it'll be some Outlast/Amnesia/Soma clone where it's run and hide and that's it.

Capcom Germany says it's even a secret to them:

Capcom Germany said:
Frankly, we literally wanted a wolf for this item in the dump. We currently do not know what this subject is good. Or if he has any function. The same goes for the ax - though you can smash with her a mannequin, but then what?

Capcom Germany said:
We are currently trying to figure out for you, but in the same boat as you. Because the developers in Japan have some secrets hidden in the teaser that only they know themselves and do not even tell us. Some of you have already revealed some of the answers are also only arise after you finished the Resident Evil plays. 7 And some secrets were certainly not yet been revealed. We find it in any case great, how much enthusiasm and commitment shows her already in the demo and can not wait to uncover all the secrets with your help. Anyway, we stay together off Or let's put it in the words of the types which can not be you out of the house. Welcome to the family!
Rough translation via Google Translate. The mystery still lingers.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
if you have a headset when the old man welcomes you to the family, you say "got ur nose" into the microphone. the PC will pull out the mannequin finger and the hillbilly will be captivated. you then hand him the axe and tell him he needs to cut firewood for the winter or Ma won't survive it. the diddlying fool.

Cute. But headphones actually do appear on the table up the stairs at one point, so that could be a hint for speaking something just like what was needed in PT. Don't think that's been figured out yet.

Recon said:
Capcom Germany says it's even a secret to them:

Hmm, that's not surprising they wouldn't know actually. They're not the ones that develop it, only market the title for the territory, so makes sense I guess.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Tim > Manage Blog

Great read.

"Would you like to deliver a special message to the fans following the reveal of RE7?

Nakanishi-san: I want to give a reassuring message. I’ve seen from initial reactions of what we’ve put out that people are getting the impression that we’ve taken Resident Evil and turned it into some sort of supernatural, occult, ghost story. I think you can look at the trailer or the demo and get that impression, but don’t worry, we haven’t just thrown out Resident Evil as it exists and turned it into a ghost story. It will all make sense in the end. I know it’s frustrating holding back on what we can show fans, but this is really the best way to let you enjoy the game to the fullest when it finally comes out. We just have a trailer and a demo at this moment, but watch this space in the coming months and we hope you look forward to the game. We’re going to do our best to make the best game we can.
"

Alright, I'll give them that, I'm hooked now. It's sounding much more encouraging now, can't wait for January.

ALSO NO QUICK TIME EVENTS CONFIRMED.

Back