• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Resident Evil 2 | January 25th for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
It's been confirmed that the entire game is first person and that you are a "regular" survivor. Takes place after RE6. So I'm guessing you run into the BSAA and stuff at some point. A bit like Raiden meeting Solid Snake in MGS2.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
[video=youtube;rxjOFd0YNo0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxjOFd0YNo0[/video]

Trailer up now.

I'll post thoughts on the demo if it ever appears in my store.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
[video=youtube;rxjOFd0YNo0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxjOFd0YNo0[/video]

Trailer up now.

I'll post thoughts on the demo if it ever appears in my store.

I'm waiting for it as well. No luck yet. Very interesting on how much that trailer drew from PT.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Jesus christ RE7 looks damn good. It'll probably give me a heart-attack, but I want it.

I can appreciate the change of character too, it'll be nice to not be an RE6 spin-kicker this time.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Still waiting on the demo =(

I feel like if I go to bed, the second I do it'll go live on the store. I just know it will.

NEVERMIND, JUST POPPED UP, LETS GO BABY WOO

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I gotta get my hands on the demo ffs...

Q1 2017 isn't bad either. It's a lot sooner than I was expecting.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Alright, well I played it. A little short, but hmm I'm not quite sure what to think of it.

Well first, I think it's nice that Capcom listened and went back to horror, but I think someone in the office got too captivated by PT and rolled with that phenomenon and slapped the Resident Evil tag on it. Those rumors that they hired that dev from PT are no doubt true now that we've seen this. It seemed more in line as a Silent Hill title. Where are the zombies? I might be okay with first person but a silent protagonist just seems weird for this series. At least for a mainline title. Even RE6 was closer to its roots than this is looking to be.

I think it'll be good, completely different from the series as we know, but I'll be cautiously optimistic for now, cause the dip back to horror is certainly a good sign. Hopefully we see more soonish. I'm seeing a lot of whiny comments on their facebook and youtube stuff, so not sure how Capcom plans to deal with that.

But for those who don't have PS+, here's a playthrough of the demo from Alpha I found, who's a huge RE afficionado:

[video=youtube;SViiBpb1Uow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SViiBpb1Uow[/video]

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Resident Evil doesn't need zombies to be Resident Evil though. There's a reason why it's called Biohazard in Japan and by the developers. I'm all for any kind of mutations. It's the execution that hasn't always been very good. Like RE5 and RE6.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Resident Evil doesn't need zombies to be Resident Evil though. There's a reason why it's called Biohazard in Japan and by the developers. I'm all for any kind of mutations. It's the execution that hasn't always been very good. Like RE5 and RE6.

Yeah I guess so, those two seemed to be infected by something in the house. But I think what most people were expecting for them going back to their roots would also include a more simple enemy being a zombie. And I guess another thing, being called Resident Evil here, we're back in a house lol. Guess it's super clever that they used each other's region titles for the full title. That just clicked for me.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
So it's been confirmed that the demo is not part of the game but still relevant to the proper game (which will still be first person). Considering everything in the house seems to date back to the early 80's, there's speculation that the demo is the start of a prequel to the entire series, around the time Umbrella started to experiment with viruses.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Yeah I'm really wondering how this whole thing is gonna tie into everything. It says it takes place after RE6, in modern day America. Which, as you pointed out, seems strange as the demo had some pretty dated tech. But the demo itself says something like 'this product does not reflect the final product' or along those lines. Probably just standard stuff for demos though.

One thing I found interesting was in the attic in the demo, I found a picture of a helicopter with what looked like an Umbrella logo on the side. It was kind of hard to tell.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
E3 2016: 13 Things You Should Know about Resident Evil 7 - IGN

And when I asked would we see any familiar faces – Chris, Jill, Leon – or the nefarious Umbrella Corp?

"Basically no. It’s a whole new set of characters and situations," said Kawata, who has worked on the franchise since 2005's Resident Evil 4.

=/

I'm actually really fascinated to see that this was in development before PT was a thing, back in early 2014.

Last edited:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
[video=youtube;CotBu7-RgSQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CotBu7-RgSQ[/video]

Worth the long watch.

On another note, I started playing RE0 for the first time yesterday. Super close to finishing it, but I've enjoyed my time so much. And aside from a few beyond stupid parts, it felt great without needing a guide for the game. Don't think I'll have it in me to get the platinum for RE0 and the REmake on PS4, but we'll see. I've gotten all the achievements for Dead Space series and such, but having control of the camera/aiming simplifies things without being cumbered by some arbitrary aiming system.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
RE0 is one of the worst games in the series, imo. Yes, it's pretty and looks like a classic RE game. But it still has a bad plot and the gameplay is tedious. Not to mention the enemy designs. At the time, I think most fans agreed that this was a clear sign that Capcom had run out of ideas and it also made people more open to the change of pace with RE4. Unfortunately, that game is now getting some hate simply because people blame it for RE5 and RE6. I firmly believe that if RE5 and RE6 had both been more like RE4, Lost in Nightmares and Revelations 2, people would think more fondly of modern RE and not glorify everything that predates RE4 - because RE0 is clearly not on par with RE1-3, or even Code Veronica (which I also think is a very mixed bag).

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
RE0 is one of the worst games in the series, imo. Yes, it's pretty and looks like a classic RE game. But it still has a bad plot and the gameplay is tedious. Not to mention the enemy designs. At the time, I think most fans agreed that this was a clear sign that Capcom had run out of ideas and it also made people more open to the change of pace with RE4. Unfortunately, that game is now getting some hate simply because people blame it for RE5 and RE6. I firmly believe that if RE5 and RE6 had both been more like RE4, Lost in Nightmares and Revelations 2, people would think more fondly of modern RE and not glorify everything that predates RE4 - because RE0 is clearly not on par with RE1-3, or even Code Veronica (which I also think is a very mixed bag).

Oh I can agree, the plot is pretty awful, I literally have no clue what's really going on (I even played those Chronicles games on Wii so I have something of an idea), but honestly nothing is really happening lol. But yeah the gameplay is tedious as shit, I got so frustrated at the part before activating the cable car when you had to split up. It's kinda clever in a way, but losing the item boxes was pretty lame. You really can start to see the shift in the series with 0 then transcending with RE4.

I'll agree with you too on if RE5 and 6 were handled with a more horror front and less hollywood 'splosions. I'll be frank though that I honestly enjoyed the shit out of 5 and 6 though. Kinda the same way that even though Dead Space 3 was the worst of the three main games, I still enjoyed the hell out of it too, despite its faults and changes to the series. Leon's campaign in RE6 was done well though, Chris' was easily the worst haha.

I've never played Code Veornica X though, just watched a let's play.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
RE5 is a pretty clear case of "it's not a bad game, it's just a bad [insert IP here] game". To me, Revelations 2 is the only proper sequel to RE4 in terms of direction. RE6 did a few things right, but too many things wrong. There is a funny video you can watch if you want to see a recap of everything that's wrong with it:

[video=youtube;95RnVxtx8jU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95RnVxtx8jU[/video]

Might already have shared it earlier in this thread, but it's definitely worth watching!

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
[video=youtube;neAOruo0OrQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neAOruo0OrQ[/video]

I saw this awhile ago and felt it had some strong points.

Back