• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

religious or not

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Religious or not?

• Religious

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • atheist/agnostic

Votes: 30 51.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
What I mean is my grandparents, my parents, and basically my entire family are all Christians and thus, I would be one too, however I am not religious and do not believe in God.

Ah okay. So your family is of the religion. Okay. :)

I just don't believe in a God-like being out there watching us and deciding our fate.

Yeah, well, what we do every day, our own choices, that is what makes our own fate.

And once again, sorry if this offends anyone.

Didn't offend me :p

Shade737

Silver Member
What I mean is my grandparents, my parents, and basically my entire family are all Christians and thus, I would be one too, however I am not religious and do not believe in God.

There might be a God out there, there might not. I don't know.

I just don't believe in a God-like being out there watching us and deciding our fate.

And once again, sorry if this offends anyone.

I doubt it since you said I don't know and I don't believe which is neutral and an opinion.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
But do you think criminals can, with a lot of devotion?

This is what I believe, I believe that only 144,000 all through history after Jesus death, as seen in Revelation 7, are chosen to go to heaven. These are also known as those anointed by holy spirit.

Now, if God chose a person that had a criminal background, then that's fine. God does not look back at forgiven wrongs and wrongs are only forgiven if a person is TRULY and honestly repentant.

It is not my hope to go to heaven, and God does not mean for it to be everyone's hope to go to heaven.

Now if you ask me if God will bless or reward those who turn around and repent, have a honest heart condition, and follow God's ways, then yes, I do believe people can change and receive God's approval ONLY if they continue in that direction of righteousness.

Last edited:

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
Well everyone can repent. If they follow a moral path from the moment of their forgiveness then they should be fine. With God anything is possible.

Let’s not just debate the topic of God just by bring up things from one Holy book. The Bible is the most notable one but there are others if you haven't noticed.

We can dissect the bible until we die but if that is the only thing you base your spirituality off of than you won't ever get true enlightenment. Studding only the bible blinds you of the good values and practices of other religions.

Where the bible can at sometimes be confusing and contradicting the teachings of Buddha or Muhammad can give you an answer. See what life is like when you have an open mind. So many people shut themselves off from other's opinions because they are so confident that they are right.

I have accepted that there may not be a God and if that is so than that's just okay with me. God doesn't make you, you. You chose to be what you want to be. Gates of white, fire and brimstone, or worms digging through your skull, be appreciative to how your life is and share that joy with others.

If God exists than he will get his follower when you die. Faithful or not. I personally am starting to look into Tibetan Buddhism. The idea of reincarnation, heaven, hell, and their walk through the afterlife is simply amazing.

If you were meant to be any differently than God would have made you that way.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
<.< Everyone goes to hell. Everyone that dies that is. Hell is just a grave =O
Looks like someone has the various definitions of the various punishments of God, (Gehanna, Sheol, Hades, Tartarus) mixed up.

Atheist. I personally find religion to be an excuse for morality.
Yet without religion, you have no foundation for morality.
Without religion, all you have is a bunch of stupid humans who come up with rubber-band definitions of what each one thinks is "good" and "evil" that is not a constant throughout. And then, they eventually all die.

I am technically a Christian, but I am not religious in any way, shape or form. In all my fourteen years, not once have I had to go to church or listened to the Bible. Now, I'm not saying there isn't a God out there. Who knows? There may very well be a God or a God-like figure out there, watching over us and protecting us, deciding our fates and such. I, however, do not believe in this being. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, but that simply is my opinion.

Then hate to break it to your confused, adolescent understanding of the definition of "Christian", but you are not one.
You are not Christian by heritage, association, what your parents think, because your best friend is Christian, or whatever. You are Christian because you choose to believe that there is a God, that his Son came to earth to save humanity from their sins, and you agree to live a life for God/Jesus because he died for you, including reading and following the Word of God (the Bible) which commands the believer to congregate in fellowship with other believers (church) to study and interpret the scriptures.

Since you do none of those things, under God's eyes, you are not a Christian.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Religion is more of a sign of hope for people. It allows people to believe things, and could help those at the end of death. I was religious I guess, but I cannot say I am much for religion now. Now will I turn atheist? Hell no. I think as humans we have to believe in something and not some BS about us coming from the roots of trees or something. The human race most likely came from years of evolution which of course would mean that a God didn't create us. The idea of a God creates numerous thoughts like if there is a god who create it and then who created the thing that created god and so on. Being religious to me is about just having a belief. Beliefs inspire hope and innovation.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
It is precise and unmistakable.
Oh man that is a laff.
Science has always changed and adapted to new theories and ideas.
Scientific "facts" of today are absolutely different from what people thought was true 100 years ago, and the same goes for in the future.
Even scientists acknowledge the fact that science is study, not divine perfection.

The human race most likely came from years of evolution which of course would mean that a God didn't create us. The idea of a God creates numerous thoughts like if there is a god who create it and then who created the thing that created god and so on. Being religious to me is about just having a belief. Beliefs inspire hope and innovation.

Regardless of what you think, in the beginning, something came from nothing, and something must have caused that.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
Religion is more of a sign of hope for people. It allows people to believe things, and could help those at the end of death. I was religious I guess, but I cannot say I am much for religion now. Now will I turn atheist? Hell no. I think as humans we have to believe in something and not some BS about us coming from the roots of trees or something. 1 The human race most likely came from years of evolution which of course would mean that a God didn't create us. 2 The idea of a God creates numerous thoughts like if there is a god who create it and then who created the thing that created god and so on. Being religious to me is about just having a belief.3 Beliefs inspire hope and innovation.

1. Yes indeed, but the creation of life is still a mystery. I think God created the spark of life.

2. True that does spark interesting thoughts. Monotheists (people who believe in one God) believe that God always was and was not created.

3. YES YES YES!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER! Some else gets it. ^_^

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Regardless of what you think, in the beginning, something came from nothing, and something must have caused that.
Uh duh. But this doesn't mean there is a god. It means that something was sparked from nothing and either this created the universe anad so on, or this spark was the universe and beyond. The Idea of God is that he created Earth and nothing more. So if there is a God that created Earth, then who created all the other planets and moons? Or how do we know whether or not the universe because there is not beginning of time and the planets were created from million of years of evolution of both surface and creatures?

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
Uh duh. But this doesn't mean there is a god. It means that something was sparked from nothing and either this created the universe anad so on, or this spark was the universe and beyond. The Idea of God is that he created Earth and nothing more. So if there is a God that created Earth, then who created all the other planets and moons? Or how do we know whether or not the universe because there is not beginning of time and the planets were created from million of years of evolution of both surface and creatures?

Who's the most popular God? See the Holy Hit Parade!

See for yourself if you want to pursue the idea of multiple gods.

We will most likely never know for sure what created the universe. Science can go only go so far back in the history of the universe. But God being the thing that caused the universe does not seem all that ludicrous to me.

Muse

you look atrocious
Then hate to break it to your confused, adolescent understanding of the definition of "Christian", but you are not one.
You are not Christian by heritage, association, what your parents think, because your best friend is Christian, or whatever. You are Christian because you choose to believe that there is a God, that his Son came to earth to save humanity from their sins, and you agree to live a life for God/Jesus because he died for you, including reading and following the Word of God (the Bible) which commands the believer to congregate in fellowship with other believers (church) to study and interpret the scriptures.

Since you do none of those things, under God's eyes, you are not a Christian.

Okay, okay, okay! Sorry! My bad! It's just I used to be Christian up until the point where I lost my faith and religion and no longer believe in a God! Sorry I keep calling myself a Christian! It's just a force of habit.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I'm religious (a Christian). I follow it because, well, it makes logical sense to me. Therefore, I believe it to be true.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
The Idea of God is that he created Earth and nothing more.
Wow, said who?

Okay, okay, okay! Sorry! My bad! It's just I used to be Christian up until the point where I lost my faith and religion and no longer believe in a God! Sorry I keep calling myself a Christian! It's just a force of habit.
It's okay :D

I'm religious (a Christian). I follow it because, well, it makes logical sense to me. Therefore, I believe it to be true.

Cool. Agreed.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Looks like someone has the various definitions of the various punishments of God, (Gehanna, Sheol, Hades, Tartarus) mixed up.

Nope. Not really.

Hell is the english equivalent of the Hebrew she’ohl′ and its Greek equivalent hai′des.

All of which were recognized as the common grave for mankind.

The idea of a God creates numerous thoughts like if there is a god who create it and then who created the thing that created god and so on.

It's interesting, my mother and I were speaking of this the other day.

She pointed me to this. It has some good points.

Ps. 90:2: “Before the mountains themselves were born, or you proceeded to bring forth as with labor pains the earth and the productive land, even from time indefinite to time indefinite you are God.”

Is that reasonable? Our minds cannot fully comprehend it. But that is not a sound reason for rejecting it. Consider examples: (1)*Time. No one can point to a certain moment as the beginning of time. And it is a fact that, even though our lives end, time does not. We do not reject the idea of time because there are aspects of it that we do not fully comprehend. Rather, we regulate our lives by it. (2)*Space. Astronomers find no beginning or end to space. The farther they probe into the universe, the more there is. They do not reject what the evidence shows; many refer to space as being infinite. The same principle applies to the existence of God.

Other examples: (1)*Astronomers tell us that the heat of the sun at its core is 27,000,000 degrees Fahrenheit (15,000,000°*C.). Do we reject that idea because we cannot fully comprehend such intense heat? (2)*They tell us that the size of our Milky Way is so great that a beam of light traveling at over 186,000 miles per second (300,000 km/sec) would require 100,000 years to cross it. Do our minds really comprehend such a distance? Yet we accept it because scientific evidence supports it.

Which is more reasonable—that the universe is the product of a living, intelligent Creator? or that it must have arisen simply by chance from a nonliving source without intelligent direction? Some persons adopt the latter viewpoint because to believe otherwise would mean that they would have to acknowledge the existence of a Creator whose qualities they cannot fully comprehend. But it is well known that scientists do not fully comprehend the functioning of the genes that are within living cells and that determine how these cells will grow. Nor do they fully understand the functioning of the human brain. Yet, who would deny that these exist? Should we really expect to understand everything about a Person who is so great that he could bring into existence the universe, with all its intricate design and stupendous size?

The Bible says God created everything, in heaven (space, the universe, whatever else you want to call it) and earth. :/

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Which is more reasonable—that the universe is the product of a living, intelligent Creator? or that it must have arisen simply by chance from a nonliving source without intelligent direction? Some persons adopt the latter viewpoint because to believe otherwise would mean that they would have to acknowledge the existence of a Creator whose qualities they cannot fully comprehend. But it is well known that scientists do not fully comprehend the functioning of the genes that are within living cells and that determine how these cells will grow. Nor do they fully understand the functioning of the human brain. Yet, who would deny that these exist? Should we really expect to understand everything about a Person who is so great that he could bring into existence the universe, with all its intricate design and stupendous size?

Yeah, hi, just want to jump in for a second.

Are you implying that the scientists that accept the idea of unimaginable distances even though the human grasp cannot grasp them reject the idea of God because the human mind cannot grasp it? If your reasoning is correct, that makes little sense. If scientists rejected God on this alone, scientists would also reject the size of our galaxy.

Which is more reasonable—that the universe is the product of a living, intelligent Creator?

So... you reject this line of thought because your mind can't comprehend it?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Yeah, hi, just want to jump in for a second.

Are you implying that the scientists that accept the idea of unimaginable distances even though the human grasp cannot grasp them reject the idea of God because the human mind cannot grasp it? If your reasoning is correct, that makes little sense. If scientists rejected God on this alone, scientists would also reject the size of our galaxy.

^ The man has a point. Which is why I find it much more likely that they simply don't want to acknowledge a Creator (because that can lead to accountability and/or knowledge that we are not the greatest thing that we know of; a couple of things that don't sit too well with humans).

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I never was quite religious, but I did believe in God to some extent. However, over the years I began to doubt his existence.
Currently, I don't believe in God, as I don't see a reason to do so, in my opinion. I just don't need a god or a religion to help me dictate my life, I'll do fine letting my own morals shape my path. I trust in my own ability to do what's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back