• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

religious or not

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Religious or not?

• Religious

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • atheist/agnostic

Votes: 30 51.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

samwdg

Im Seventh Day Adventist and have been my whole life but only as of late that i have been really practicing it.

very differentiable
Awards
I didn't intend to debate the origins of universe, start another thread if you want. I just wanted to know how religious this board is and also reasons why they are.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Im Seventh Day Adventist and have been my whole life but only as of late that i have been really practicing it.

Hmm interesting. Is that you personally? Or you and your family? Just curious because it's rare to find someone who was brought up a certain faith and never really practice it, practice it in their young adulthood. If it is a personal choice, what made you do it now? Just curious =p

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I was baptised Anglican. I know it's a denomination of Christianity, but as to what it entails I have no fucking clue. As my parents were deaf, I grew up never having been to church. But I did go along for the ride as a good little boy does. And then I got older and whatever faith I had just kind of waned out of existance. The life I enjoy doesn't allign itself to any kind of religion and so that's where I find myself.

I would say I'm along the lines of an Agnostic. That I just don't know and don't think we can know, but I also just don't care because I'm going to do whatever I want because I enjoy doing it and no kind of higher power will have any influence over any choices I make.

However, over the last few years, I find if I'm entertaining the idea of God, I'm more inclined to think of him as a force and not this big great man lounging around in the heavens. I think that's utterly ridiculous.

BirthByMom

I'm somewhat religious. I'm a Lutheranist (or something like that) like pretty much every finn is.
I'm not thinking as if I wasnt one but I don't feel like I'm exercising the faith in any way since my religion differs from the 'basic' christians as the religion that doesnt really care.. or something.. I'm a normal christian but I've never been into church at sundays.. I think I've been in church for like 5 times in my whole life :D It just doesnt belong to Lutheranism in.. almost any way to exercise the religion ^^

samwdg

Hmm interesting. Is that you personally? Or you and your family? Just curious because it's rare to find someone who was brought up a certain faith and never really practice it, practice it in their young adulthood. If it is a personal choice, what made you do it now? Just curious =p

Well iv always went to church and stuff all my life, but around the last few yrs i didnt really feel like i had a relationship with God. I was pretty much playing online games 24/7 and my life had no point if you understand what i mean. Now im seeking God and i feel closer to him. In my earlier post, practising might not have been the right word to use, more like church was getting more like a boring routine which i was getting sick of, but yeah its not like that now.

EarMedicine

don't know i cant call my self religious because i don't pray never have probably never will, but i have to admit that the bible's version of creation has a much better plot than the "scientific"- (if thats how it's written) creation of life.. but i don't see anything when i look up to the sky, i see the sun the clouds abd that bird... sigh...

now thats done i shall go and abuse children... thats what my god wants....yes indeed ...

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
I'm really not liking that athiest and agnostic are in the same choice.
Big difference.

I'm baptized and confirmed as an Episcopalian but I'm still having a bit of wavering faith.
At the most I think I'm a hopeful agnostic.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I'm really not liking that athiest and agnostic are in the same choice.
Big difference.

She has a bit of a point.

You can be religious AND agnostic after all.

very differentiable
Awards
Nice to see people still posting.

An agnost is just an atheist without balls. Read that somewhere and that's a bit crude but they have something in common. An atheist thinks there is no god or whatever vague concept you throw at it. Likewise an agnost just doubts, he isn't sure or doesn't care. They fit pretty much into the same group, religion needs you to be convinced of there to be a god. Religion has it's own practices, atheists and agnosts don't have those, at least not based on their world view.

Garth

Change soul, set.
Website
www.garthtv.blogspot.com
An agnost is just an atheist without balls.

Mhm. I disagree with this statement. I am Agnostic, and it's not because I, to quote whomever said that, "don't have balls". But rather, it's because I have the common sense to admit that I am ignorant in the matters of the afterlife, and that I have no humane idea whether or not there is a God, or what will happen to me after I die. Therefore, I have the logic to say that either could very well be true, but either could very well be false (Atheism vs Creationism; or Religion A vs Religion B).

So instead of "taking a side", I just remain neutral, and admit that I do not know and will not know until I either die, or become aware of some type of evidence that leans towards one side.

very differentiable
Awards
I thought that people would see sarcasm when it hits them in the face but alas it does not. Of course i wasn't serious which you could conclude when reading at least the whole post.

Awards
Mhm. I disagree with this statement. I am Agnostic, and it's not because I, to quote whomever said that, "don't have balls". But rather, it's because I have the common sense to admit that I am ignorant in the matters of the afterlife, and that I have no humane idea whether or not there is a God, or what will happen to me after I die. Therefore, I have the logic to say that either could very well be true, but either could very well be false (Atheism vs Creationism; or Religion A vs Religion B).

So instead of "taking a side", I just remain neutral, and admit that I do not know and will not know until I either die, or become aware of some type of evidence that leans towards one side.

This.

Some people choose to put their faith into the existence of a God, and they can't prove their beliefs to be accurate. I choose to put my faith into the believe that there is no God, and I can't prove that I'm right either -- I can certainly support my position, but ultimately truths like that lie outside the realm of human comprehension, and I will probably never have the answers to questions like "How was the universe created?" and "What happens to a person when they die?" Religions that claim to know these things are dishonest.

I'm not open to the idea that there's a higher power at all -- I think it's a crock of shit. I do, however, concede that there's no empirical way for a mankind to prove or disprove the existence of a deity. It's a stalemate.

very differentiable
Awards
When there is no proof for it, i won't believe it, so if someone presents a theory they need to provide proof for it. And that's exactly why i'm atheist and also why i'm pretty scientifically inclined. But not everyone is like that and i'm prefectly fine with that. So i don't mean to be rude or anything, it suddenly came to mind.

Aetheus

I'm an agnostic/atheist. That is to say, I don't personally believe in all this supernatural stuff, and I doubt it can be proved/disproved. Only real way to find out would be to die; and honestly, I'm too young to die.

I was born a Buddhist/Taoist/Confusionist (long story cut short; Chinese people tend to mix up local religions). My parents were kinda like bigots towards people of other faiths - they particularly disliked Christianity. They told me to distance myself from my friends should any of them ever try to "brainwash" me. I'm not proud of it, and I really regret having mirrored their views when I was younger. Ironically, my mother herself would convert to Christianity in her later life. She even had the nerve to try and convert me, telling me to "save myself before its too late" (no, I'm being serious, she really did say that).

By the time she did, I was already sick of religion and all the strings attached to it. It only ever complicates matters, in my case. Heck, I knew a fellow when I was a kid who told me I'd "burn in the fiery pit of hell" if I din't believe in God - and he was seven years old! Seven years old!

I don't like to judge people by their religions, and I generally dislike talking about religion in real life because its such a touchy subject. And I really do get annoyed when people start getting persistent on "saving me" (I live a wonderful life, eh?)

Last edited:

very differentiable
Awards
Aetheus, is a confusionist confused all day? Or am i just wrong?

Malevolence

Raw Life
I am religious and I believe in god and I have respect for athiest's and there's nothing wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back