• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

religious or not

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Religious or not?

• Religious

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • atheist/agnostic

Votes: 30 51.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Meh, I'm agnostic, but I am completely open to others opinions. I dunno, I'm utterly and completely lost right now.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
I'd consider someone who has no idea what they believe (where they are) and are just as confused about what to choose (where they're going) to be lost. Very lost, in fact.

VampiricVirus

Website
vampiricvirus.deviantart.com
creation has a much better plot than the "scientific"- (if thats how it's written) creation of life..

are you saying that you don't believe in evolution/the big bang theory because the creationist story is more entertaining? if not please reword that.

Science is my tool and God is my light.

You sound like my religion teacher (i go to a catholic school). He's a cool guy.

Agnostic BTW

XxRebel_GirlxX

I'm catholic
But sometimes I have my doubts in my religion since one time that I REALLY needed God I prayed so much to him and he never listened to me. I was pretty upset at him since I needed help and he did not help me. So now I go to church
and everything but I just never pay attention so its like if i dont even go to church.

Muse

you look atrocious
I am technically a Christian, but I am not religious in any way, shape or form. In all my fourteen years, not once have I had to go to church or listened to the Bible. Now, I'm not saying there isn't a God out there. Who knows? There may very well be a God or a God-like figure out there, watching over us and protecting us, deciding our fates and such. I, however, do not believe in this being. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, but that simply is my opinion.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
I'd consider someone who has no idea what they believe (where they are) and are just as confused about what to choose (where they're going) to be lost. Very lost, in fact.

This just means that you haven't seen a true test of faith yet. There will come a time when you will need help and you will ask God. How you view the events after that test will determine what you will believe.

Keeping faith is like filling a glass of water. When you're a kid the glass is small and it doesn't take much water to fill, but as you get older the glass gets larger and more water is needed.

There will be some things along the line that will affect the glass (Your faith). You could take a new kind of glass and fill it with a new kind of liquid (You convert to another religion) or you may choose to shatter the glass and end your faith.

I live life by a saying ''Meet God halfway'' This means if I want something I'll work my hardest for it and when it comes down to the wire, God takes over. For example if I have a test or fencing match coming up I study and train. Then when it comes time to apply it God is there to help me.

To get something you must first give something. God is not someone you go to help when you don't want to do the work. He is someone that helps you if you help yourself first. Do all the work and he will make sure you get there. This is one of the benefits of being a faithful. It’s not just getting Heaven or whatever when you die, but having that one person who is always there looking out for you.

Granted people die and suffer for stupid reasons but things like that happen. Life wouldn't be life if everything was laid out perfect. We must realize that others need help and it's your job as a person you has more to lend a hand and care for them.

All God wants of you is to be a good person of your own freewill. If you do good deeds as a way to get into Heaven then that’s not doing things because they're the right thing to do; you’re doing them so you can get ahead. Helping others because you want to is what makes a good person and what makes God smile. Believing in him has nothing to do with it.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
I don't believe in god...

I use to, but when I started to learn about evolution and more about advanced science, I realized things that I thought were miracles, like love or compassion, can be explained by science.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
I'm really not seeing what's so impossible about having science to explain physical things and religion to explain the spiritual.

It's not like a one-or-the-other type of thing, unless you take everything super-literally.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
Science is a super-literal phenomenon.
It is precise and unmistakable.

None of that "stop thinking" crap please. It's like telling someone to be stupid for the sake of complacency.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
Science is a super-literal phenomenon.
It is precise and unmistakable.

None of that "stop thinking" crap please. It's like telling someone to be stupid for the sake of complacency.

That's the big thing here. Religion and science have nothing to do with each other.

Science like everything else in the world is imperfect. It must be tried countless times to ensure a consent similar outcome and even after that it may be changed with the acquiring of new data.

God much like a scientific theory is founded on one big thing. No evidence against it has been found as of yet so the information can be seen as fact until a proof arises that says otherwise. Theories are like the flavor of the month. They can change or be proven wrong altogether.

Accepting evolution as science fact doesn't prove that there is no God, just that normal belief about the creation of humanity is wrong. Atheists often use the story of Adam and Eve as an argument saying that there is no possibility that we are all related to each other.

That is not entirely true. It’s accepted that in earth's past there was a large volcanic eruption that caused a large majority of human life to be killed off. This also gives a reason for why the human gene pool does not have much verity.

Humans are exactly the same except for the few genes that did not bind. This is called junk DNA and is what dictates how tall we will be, our possibility of birth defect, and appearance.

I'm not saying that this eruption proves that the story of Adam and Eve is true only that it is possible that a small (Small is used lightly in this context) amount of people made up our entire civilization.

Don't bring God into the debates of science just morality. Let science govern the world and let God govern your spirituality. I firmly believe that spirituality is needed in humanity. It helps us become more in tune with ourselves and the events around us.

God helps us explain ourselves and our nature, and science helps us explain everything else in the universe.

Einstein’s greatest goal was to simplify the entire universe into a 1 inch long equation.

Holy men and women's greatest goals are to show the world to be accepting, encouraging of others, and sympathetic.

I don't see any reason why we can't fulfill both

Garth

Change soul, set.
Website
www.garthtv.blogspot.com
That's the big thing here. Religion and science have nothing to do with each other.

Science like everything else in the world is imperfect. It must be tried countless times to ensure a consent similar outcome and even after that it may be changed with the acquiring of new data.

God much like a scientific theory is founded on one big thing. No evidence against it has been found as of yet so the information can be seen as fact until a proof arises that says otherwise. Theories are like the flavor of the month. They can change or be proven wrong altogether.

Accepting evolution as science fact doesn't prove that there is no God, just that normal belief about the creation of humanity is wrong. Atheists often use the story of Adam and Eve as an argument saying that there is no possibility that we are all related to each other.

That is not entirely true. It’s accepted that in earth's past there was a large volcanic eruption that caused a large majority of human life to be killed off. This also gives a reason for why the human gene pool does not have much verity.

Humans are exactly the same except for the few genes that did not bind. This is called junk DNA and is what dictates how tall we will be, our possibility of birth defect, and appearance.

I'm not saying that this eruption proves that the story of Adam and Eve is true only that it is possible that a small (Small is used lightly in this context) amount of people made up our entire civilization.

Don't bring God into the debates of science just morality. Let science govern the world and let God govern your spirituality. I firmly believe that spirituality is needed in humanity. It helps us become more in tune with ourselves and the events around us.

God helps us explain ourselves and our nature, and science helps us explain everything else in the universe.

Einstein’s greatest goal was to simplify the entire universe into a 1 inch long equation.

Holy men and women's greatest goals are to show the world to be accepting, encouraging of others, and sympathetic.

I don't see any reason why we can't fulfill both

I can agree with this.

very differentiable
Awards
Besides, do some of you believe that your god would punish people that do not worship him but have lived a good life helping others. So that someone who has never harmed someone and never caused much trouble will be punished if he didn't believe but murderers and rapists that turned extremely religious will not be punished?

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
Besides, do some of you believe that your god would punish people that do not worship him but have lived a good life helping others. So that someone who has never harmed someone and never caused much trouble will be punished if he didn't believe but murderers and rapists that turned extremely religious will not be punished?

The gates of heaven are opened by choosing to be a good person, showing true forgiveness, taking the blame for your more questionable actions, and asking for forgiveness.

You are not turned away to be sent to Hell because you don't believe in God. Those who could have done good but instead chose evil are sent to Hell.

If you are a good person because you want to be and not because you want some type of reward then you will go to Heaven.

The belief or lack of belief in God does not automatically get you in to Heaven or Hell. It is your actions and feelings for others that do.

If you are an atheist and you devote your life to helping others because you think it's the right thing to do than you should by all means get eternal bliss in Heaven.

God doesn't care if you believe in him or not just that you help your fellow man out of the goodness of your heart. He loves you no matter what you do and if you ask for forgiveness and truly mean it than you shall reap the same reward.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I'm catholic
But sometimes I have my doubts in my religion since one time that I REALLY needed God I prayed so much to him and he never listened to me. I was pretty upset at him since I needed help and he did not help me. So now I go to church
and everything but I just never pay attention so its like if i dont even go to church.

Sometimes we pray for things that and yes truly, God will not answer our prayers. Sometimes they are answered in a way that we don't expect, thus we may think our prayers were never answered. Other times, we may have an answer that we just don't want.

Check out this article if you'd like:

Does Praying Do Any Good?

God Does Answer Prayers

I am technically a Christian, but I am not religious in any way, shape or form. In all my fourteen years, not once have I had to go to church or listened to the Bible. Now, I'm not saying there isn't a God out there. Who knows? There may very well be a God or a God-like figure out there, watching over us and protecting us, deciding our fates and such. I, however, do not believe in this being. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, but that simply is my opinion.

How can you be Christian and not believe in God? >.> I keep hearing things like this and it confuses me.

I'm really not seeing what's so impossible about having science to explain physical things and religion to explain the spiritual.

It's not like a one-or-the-other type of thing, unless you take everything super-literally.

Exactly. Not only that, while the Bible is NOT a scientific text book, there are a lot of scientifically accurate things in the Bible.

It's all about the heart condition. We humans can not judge. However, I believe that God does deserves our exclusive devotion, and thus has the right to yes, punish those who deny or are against him.

Dantés de Divinity;3501921 said:
The gates of heaven are opened by choosing to be a good person, showing true forgiveness, taking the blame for your more questionable actions, and asking for forgiveness.

Not all good people go to heaven :/

You are not turned away to be sent to Hell because you don't believe in God. Those who could have done good but instead chose evil are sent to Hell.

<.< Everyone goes to hell. Everyone that dies that is. Hell is just a grave =O

If you are a good person because you want to be and not because you want some type of reward then you will go to Heaven.

Only God decides who goes to heaven. :/

God doesn't care if you believe in him or not just that you help your fellow man out of the goodness of your heart. He loves you no matter what you do and if you ask for forgiveness and truly mean it than you shall reap the same reward.

God DOES care if you believe in him or not. >.> The WHOLE issue at hand is God's eternal sovereignty and right to rule and be worshiped. Satan raised that issue in the garden of Eden, and that is what was emphasized all throughout the Bible. :/

very differentiable
Awards
And do you believe that criminals that turned extremely religious will go to heaven atlas?

Muse

you look atrocious
How can you be Christian and not believe in God? >.> I keep hearing things like this and it confuses me.

What I mean is my grandparents, my parents, and basically my entire family are all Christians and thus, I would be one too, however I am not religious and do not believe in God.

There might be a God out there, there might not. I don't know.

I just don't believe in a God-like being out there watching us and deciding our fate.

And once again, sorry if this offends anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back