• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Regarding the Special Announcement

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
The site staff are reliable and professional for the most part. I agree this is one heck of a slip-up on their part, but I hope you won't lose faith in them completely.

Don't stick this on all of us. =/

JaymeeRaine

Awards
Well, they wouldn't have had to send it :\ it's enough that they posted it and other sites that look at this site for info took it on their own.

I think it said on the main page that they were intending to send the fake info to other big kh sites.

If you guys want to pull of an April Fools' joke with less people getting ticked off about it, do the reverse of what you did. If you say, for instance, that Nomura announced the cancelation of BBS, people will be RELIEVED when they find out it's a joke, rather than hugely disappointed.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

My apologies.
:heart:

If you guys want to pull of an April Fools' joke with less people getting ticked off about it, do the reverse of what you did. If you say, for instance, that Nomura announced the cancelation of BBS, people will be RELIEVED when they find out it's a joke, rather than hugely disappointed.

While it won't prevent the shit-fest and bitchings, I can certainly see the benefits.
Either way is bad though. :\

JaymeeRaine

Awards

Unfortunately, people look at a site like this as an entity, and if you're a part of that entity, you're going to get some of the brunt regardless, because you are a part of what represents that entity. I can understand how you feel though ><

Eh, I think I'm glad that I'm not disappointed. It shows that my life does not revolve around KH. What a relief.

Just because people are disappointed doesn't mean their life revolves around it =) It just means they really like the game and were excited, or really trust the site, or both.

Last edited:

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
I know that. However, what I said still stands. People just need to chalk it up as a joke and move on. Perhaps done in poor taste, perhaps a wonderful joke had it been pulled off correctly. Either way, it doesn't matter.

They put a lot of thought in time in it. Perhaps more than was neccessary, but still... it was a joke. Would have been a great one, too.

I mean, I love the KH series, and I'm perfectly fine with it being a joke. And KH is a big thing to me. But, since they weren't able to pull the joke off for various reasons, the joke didn't have the same impact if they had been able to do it all.

Kudos to them for at least trying something of this magnitude.

TheFreeshooterII

As Ive Said Before..
If They Only announced it Today Instead of a week before i would have been fine with it
the fact is i come to this site for the Facts
If i want jokes ill read a joke book
from now on just dont do a joke of this magnitude again....
Btw you should finish the sketches =)

Last edited:

Lifes.Lover

Website
But if it had been announced today, then the joke wouldn't have been so big. Everyone would have thought of it as an April Fool's Day joke. I come to this site for more than just facts. The fact that they did a joke shows to me that the people who run the site are, in fact, actual people. That means more to me than just a stupid April Fool's Joke.

Besides, today's the day for jokes. Even YouTube's done a joke.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
For those not wanting to go back and read the ast 4 or so pages, I'll Sum it up:

1. April Fools Joke could have fooled many People. (And apparently they worked very hard on putting together so-called "joke", because their showing us what could have been.)

2. Monkey spoiled the fun (which I enjoyed)

3. People complained

4. It was announced to be a joke

5. People complained

6. People need to learn to take a Joke

That about sums it up. Incidentally, what was the point of making this a thread when it's on the front page and we knew if was bogus from Monkey?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah, today. Since they know that people will expect it.
Which is why people took this thing seriously which is the problem here. The joke's awesome and all and they really put a lot into it.
It's because this actually had a chance to be right that makes this destructive.

That about sums it up.

Not really.

Incidentally, what was the point of making this a thread when it's on the front page and we knew if was bogus from Monkey?

If you ask me, and I already said as much, this was someone's way of trying to, if not set things right, then redeem himself.
Really. As much as these are forums and the internet and fun and shizzles, like LiLo said, we're dealing with real people here.
This works both ways.

Lifes.Lover

Website
I haven't really blamed Monkey for anything. He let the cat out of the bag early, sure, but either way, they didn't get it done on time, which means the joke wouldn't have worked even if Monkey hadn't told.

Also, in answer to your earlier question, YouTube's done this weird thing where the video pages are upside down. It looks really cool, actually. I've been watching everything upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back