• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Regarding the Special Announcement

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
I really don't understand why having news is so important. I mean, it's not as though having news is going to make it come any faster.

And, really, all news does is wet your appetite, making it seem even longer till you get the game.

Personally, not having news is a great thing to me. I'd rather not have news, and then the game just suddenly pops up, 'cuz I wasn't expecting it, than sitting by my computer and refreshing the main page, biting my nails, hoping for more information.

TheFreeshooterII

I really don't understand why having news is so important. I mean, it's not as though having news is going to make it come any faster.

And, really, all news does is wet your appetite, making it seem even longer till you get the game.

Personally, not having news is a great thing to me. I'd rather not have news, and then the game just suddenly pops up, 'cuz I wasn't expecting it, than sitting by my computer and refreshing the main page, biting my nails, hoping for more information.

I Love KH Im a Hardcore KH Fan
But who would Keep Refreshing the page lol Unless They Have No Life
i Check this site Twice a day....tops
and are you sure you woudlnt want any information? atall?

Lifes.Lover

Website
I'm a hardcore KH fan. I mean, the game means more to me than just passing the time.

But that doesn't mean that I have to have information. Afte all, I had the game for two years before I ever played it, and even then I didn't care about talking to other people about it until I joined this site.

Why should I care about news? The game will come when it comes. And if there isn't any news, then I'm not going to get hyped up and anxiously await for it to come. If I do that, it'll seem like the game will take forever to get here. Instead, I don't think about it.

Time passes much quicker in my head when I do that.

Oh, do not double post.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I really don't understand why having news is so important.

You can just stop coming to the site and surf the forums.

So no one thought that lulz and shizzles aside, there's a somewhat bigger picture?
No one thought for a moment our little forum bubble that doesn't give a shit isn't what was really affected by this whole thing, did they? :\ yeah, we know Audo pulls stuff out of nowhere and the staff's majority are so and so.
When other sites quote news this site fabricated, it's a problem.
It's a problem even when the majority of the people that were yes affected aren't even forum members so you can keep on pretending this is fine, since they're not posting here.

Is it that hard thinking for a moment there are still some naive people out there that for better or worse lack our cynicism and look at the site for reliable news?
Taking a game too seriously, huh.

You're posting in a KH related forum, in a KH based site. How is that not taking the game seriously?!

Or am I the only one not trying to make herself feel better by mocking others over this and just accept my nerdity and pathetic nature of existence?

TheFreeshooterII

I'm a hardcore KH fan. I mean, the game means more to me than just passing the time.

But that doesn't mean that I have to have information. Afte all, I had the game for two years before I ever played it, and even then I didn't care about talking to other people about it until I joined this site.

Why should I care about news? The game will come when it comes. And if there isn't any news, then I'm not going to get hyped up and anxiously await for it to come. If I do that, it'll seem like the game will take forever to get here. Instead, I don't think about it.

Time passes much quicker in my head when I do that.

Oh, do not double post.

Yeah Sorry Bout That DOuble Post Anyways
I Thinks It Good For The soul To get Excited for something! =P

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

You're posting in a KH related forum, in a KH based site. How is that not taking the game seriously?!

Just because you visit a KH site doesn't mean you'll kill yourself over an april fool's joke.

Lifes.Lover

Website
You can just stop coming to the site and surf the forums.

I don't really go the main site anymore.

So no one thought that lulz and shizzles aside, there's a somewhat bigger picture?
No one thought for a moment our little forum bubble that doesn't give a shit isn't what was really affected by this whole thing, did they? :\ yeah, we know Audo pulls stuff out of nowhere and the staff's majority are so and so.
When other sites quote news this site fabricated, it's a problem.
When the majority of the people that yes care about this thing aren't forum members, or even possibly quit being forum members over it, it's a problem.

Of course I have, Rain, you know me better than that. Of course the joke was done in poor taste, and of course there are others out there that do care about the news. However, I'm not going to get upset about it. It already happened. Ever heard of the saying, 'No use crying over spilled milk'? I'm not upset because there's no reason to be. What's done is done. There's no taking it back. We have learned from this, and perhaps we'll do better next year.

However, think about it. April Fool's Day is done for this exact purpose. We're supposed to trick and be tricked. The better the trick, the better the effect. There are people that can't take a joke, but that doesn't mean that thousands of site's weren't doing tricks and that millions of people weren't being rickrolled. That won't ever change.

Is it that hard thinking for a moment there are still some naive people out there that for better or worse lack our cynicism and look at the site for reliable news?

Or am I the only one not trying to make herself feel better by mocking others over this and just accept my nerdity and pathetic nature of existence?

I don't take the game seriously. I find it fun, and it means something. But I come to the site to talk to people who found the game interesting and enjoyed it. I don't come to it for news about the games, 'cuz I'll get the game when I get the game and getting news just makes me want it more, when I really do need to be thinking about other things.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
All i'm saying is that if your going to be KH site then be serious about the news because that is the job of the staff.

Alot of people depend on this site to report the latest in KH news and if this site does not take this seriously then it ruins their credibility. It's one thing to make a joke about somethng small but it's another thing to make a joke about something like a huge announcement.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
All i'm saying is that if your going to be KH site then be serious about the news because that is the job of the staff.

This just about sums up my opinion on the matter as well.

And on that note.

Tl;dr, thread kind of became redundant.

Special announcement was a prank for April Fools'.

Many don't care.

Many do.

Just because you don't care doesn't make it wrong for others to yes care, and vice versa.
Hopefully the next prank'll be better pulled off, and more cleverly planned, i.e. not announced a week prior.
There's grace in having people expect the fall, if you ask me, or did anyone else miss this thing being 10 pages long?

That's all for now, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back