• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Regarding the Special Announcement

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

(Something tells me I will regret making this thread...)

Originally posted on the Main Site (Here)

As you have most likely surmised by now, the upcoming "special announcement" announced by Nomura was an April Fool's Joke. The joke was a partnership between KHInsider and HeartStation. We realize this probably disappointed you, and we know that through a certain member's vigilance, the joke was spoiled for many of you.

We do want you to realize though, that the April Fool's Joke was never going to be just the announcement of an announcement. We are fully aware of how lame of a joke that would be. No, we were going to do something much bigger. We had actually planned to reveal what the special announcement was, but due to ramifications in our personal lives, we were unable to complete it in time. We apologize.

But I want to share the process, and amount of thought put into the full, real April Fool's Joke. We hope that you can, at the very least, appreciate the amount of thought, and time, we put in and I'd like to show you what we did manage to get finished in time.

I'm sure you can tell by the image at the top of this article, but the "Special Announcement" was going to be the revelation of Kingdom Hearts III. We were going to make a fake logo, "official" character art, screenshots, and a Nomura interview regarding it. Essentially, we were going to make a complete and fully detailed, realistic magazine scan.

But for us to want it to seem believable, we knew that we couldn't simply make the announcement + scan appear out of nowhere on March 31st-April 1st. This was why we added in the additional interview question to the last Nomura interview that was released, so that we could set-up for the joke a good week ahead and therefore make it more believable.

We were then going to release the fake scan on a Japanese Blog called Junon. We then planned on e-mailing major sites such as FF7ACReunion, KHU, KH-Vids, etc. about the scan, in hopes that they would post about it before we did. The next day, HeartStation would release the translations for the Nomura Interview. On April Fools, we planned to then reveal the truth.

We believe this could have been a well executed, and high-quality April Fool's joke, but, life is unexpected, and our personal lives took over. We apologize that we couldn't finish the April Fool's joke for you, and hope that you will enjoy the content that we did have finished for it below.
(Note: Additional content may be added during the day as it become available).

Fake Interview Question:
---Thank you so much for your time. Is there anything else to add?
Nomura: I’m very excited in the direction these titles are moving in. Next week, we plan on making a special announcement regarding the Kingdom Hearts series - please look forward to it.

Fake Interview Regarding KHIII (Unfinished)
---The announcement of Kingdom Hearts III came as a surprise...
Nomura: [smiles] Yes. I wanted to hold off until the three Kingdom Hearts games were closer to release before we made the announcement. With 358/2 Days releasing May 30th, and Coded to begin releasing new episodic content over the Mobile Portal Site, I thought of this as a good time.

---What can you tell us about the new title? Will Sora be returning as the main character?
Nomura: I can't reveal too much, since it's heavily connected with the three Kingdom Hearts games, but I can tell you that it takes place where Coded will leave off and Sora is the main character.

---The official artwork for KHIII - it appears the three heroes from Birth By Sleep are present!?
Nomura: While I can't go into detail just yet, I will say that they are deeply involved. Kingdom Hearts III continues on Birth By Sleep's theme of "inevitable fate" and the connection of hearts - it is something to look forward to.

---Earlier you spoke of ways that the three Kingdom Hearts titles could tie-in with Kingdom Hearts III. Have these connections been realized?
Nomura: They have, in a number of ways actually. Realizing how the three games are intertwined with Kingdom Hearts III is part of the charm of the game and I believe fans will enjoy that aspect quite a lot [smiles].

---Is it required to play the three hand-held Kingdom Hearts games in order to understand the plot of Kingdom Hearts III?
Nomura: Hmm. I have said that Coded is much like CoM in the sense that it bridges two games. But, as it was with CoM, playing the three games are not required in order to understand Kingdom Hearts III. I believe one could enjoy Kingdom Hearts III even if it was their first experience with the series, but for those fans who play the three games - they will get something more out of Kingdom Hearts III.

---Can we discuss the new logo for a minute? It seems to have taken a much darker look this time?!
Nomura: [laughs] With the three Kingdom Hearts games, we were steering the series into a darker, more serious tone. The logo is meant to reflect that new feeling and direction that we plan on continuing with Kingdom Hearts III.

MULTIMEDIA:
-High-Quality Version of Kingdom Hearts III Logo
-Unfinished "Official" Character Art - Sketch
-Unfinished "Official" Character Art - Sora
-Fake Japanese Blog - Junon

We have seen how upset you, the fellow members, have gotten over the revelation that the Special Announcement was a joke. And we just want to remind you that April Fool's day is not a day to be taken serious. It's a day of good-natured tom foolery, and we hope that everyone can look at this event with a sense of humour and appreciation.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Oh Audo you.

I like the look of the fake logo though, very much.

Dark - Roxas

Though i am disapointed that there is no new news, I have to say i like effort you guys put into this. It would have been great if you could have pulled it off. Better luck next time.

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
I wanted to see what the fake official cover art looked like in its final form. Too bad.

A

Audo

You mean the official character art?
Well, bittermeat was working on that, so, she might have a version that has progressed farther than the one i posted, but i don't think she managed to get it finished completely. =/

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
Boooo bad joke.

Actually, if I wasn't so excited at the idea of KH3, then I would have probably enjoyed it. Pretty good idea.

Rikuswish

I figured you guys probably had something planned that was the real joke. But I think the"announcement of the announcement" was really unnecessary. Instead of you guys trying so hard to fool us, you guys should of just gone for the laughs afterwards.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I KNEW IT! lol how lame of you guys to do that but whatever its april first so I have to say you got me! lol.

A

Audo

I figured you guys probably had something planned that was the real joke. But I think the"announcement of the announcement" was really unnecessary. Instead of you guys trying so hard to fool us, you guys should of just gone for the laughs afterwards.
To each his own.

DaisyDuck

Aww that's too bad. It would have been epic if you'd have pulled it off. I think you could have managed it using what you did have ready.

That logo is pure win.

R

Rigetzu

Gosh, I'm so disappointed! >: If you are doing some sort of april joke, you have to do it when it's the right day (April fool's day). The special announcement (from six days ago) was stupid now that I'm thinking of it. I can say that I'm a very big KH fan and I really do wait some news about KH3. Please, don't do things like this anymore...

Arrr, I'm so angry now! And also very frustrated...

A

Audo

Gosh, I'm so disappointed! >: If you are doing some sort of april joke, you have to do it when it's the right day (April fool's day). The special announcement (from six days ago) was stupid now that I'm thinking of it. I can say that I'm a very big KH fan and I really do wait some news about KH3. Please, don't do things like this anymore...

Way to take something too seriously.

UnnamedPerson

Awards

Dude, It was an awesome Joke. One worthy of being recorded down somewhere. Too bad it was spoiled though :(
Don't take it so hard 'K

R

Rigetzu

Well, sorry! I just said my opinion.

And, I'm not that mad to you guys as you think I am. I'm just disappointed right now. But don't worry, this won't bother me any longer.

Last edited:

TheFreeshooterII

This all Ill be Saying on the Matter and Nothing Else so dont Fear More Outbursts this will be the only one...
What You Did was just plain rude,Tampering with peoples emotions is wrong i was so excited for this 2special anouncement" i really donot care how much work you put into it
Please dont do anything like this again....god i hate april fools

Dnize

I think the way that a certain member of these forums reacted when he/she figured out it was a joke was not appropriate. It wasn't right for him/her to curse at people to try to get your point across. And it wasn't fair that he/she wasn't punished at all, if I would have done such a thing, the mods probably would have banned me for sure just because I'm not as well known as him/her on these forums. But thats just my opinion, it shouldn't really matter. :31:

anyways, my hopes were quite high for the special announcement, but of course like many others, I was spoiled. I'm sure if I wasn't spoiled I would have had a good laugh. :lol:

Also, I really want to see those fake pics you did for KH3 finshed, they look pretty awesome. :tongue:

Awards
Dude!!!

I love the fake special annoouncement.

That's genius i tells ya, and would've been awesome had it worked out.

the logo looks soooo cool!

You should finish the "official" art anyways because it's looking like the best kh fanart ive seen in a long time!

Secret_Riddle

This would have been cool if it were real.

I like the logo and everything, but the announcement still did get me pretty excited a week BEFORE April fools..which is why when Monkey ruined it..it was actually pretty disappointing to here that you guys would go so far to fool a bunch of KH fans.

But with that being said, the logo you guys came up with is really cool, and you guys should finish the art you were making.

A lot of good effort went into this I can see..It seems so convincing that I'm not sure if I'm glad Monkey spoiled it or not. It would have been cool to think that KH3 was coming..and this would have convinced me..but the revelation of April Fools would have made me go FUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Good job though.

AnsemsApprentice

I'll just go play through KH1 again crying my eyes out until I fall asleep and dream of a real special announcement. *runs away*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back