• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Red Travels The Farthest **Critics Welcome** **Please NO flaming**

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
First of all i must say that looks pretty damn good. Again on MS paint was it? Im very impressed. Is Axel really that skinny? His arms look very skinny. But i must say i do like it.

XxRemnantxX

First of all i must say that looks pretty damn good. Again on MS paint was it? Im very impressed. Is Axel really that skinny? His arms look very skinny. But i must say i do like it.

*laughs* Indeed he is very skinny. His arms are very bony. Here's a reference picture of him that you can look at. He is pretty skinny.
Yes this was, again, done on MS Paint. Think it's about time I convince my dad into getting me Photoshop, ne? :D Thank you for your comment!

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
*laughs* Indeed he is very skinny. His arms are very bony. Here's a reference picture of him that you can look at. He is pretty skinny.
Yes this was, again, done on MS Paint. Think it's about time I convince my dad into getting me Photoshop, ne? :D Thank you for your comment!
Lol so he is, damn he needs to start eating more.
Yep you should, your very good on Paint, i think you will be able to master PS, go for it. :thumbup:

Raiko

Come break me down
Thats quite good.but the one of the arm bothers me though and yep the arms a teeny bit skinny....good i must say...keep up the good work!!!and im happy now!!!yay!

Ashley

| P |
Website
ashley425.deviantart.com
Think it's about time I convince my dad into getting me Photoshop, ne?

Definitely. Especially if you want to further your drawing capabilities. Photoshop, Open canvas, and Corel Painter are all exceptional programs to look into.

Trying to imitate Nomura's style isn't exactly the best idea. He creates his characters very skinny. So when others try to copy his style, it usually ends up very odd looking xD I would suggest trying to create the character in your own style so that you don't have to rely on making sure portions are skinnier here and there.

Just keep practicing and I hope you find a way to get photoshop! Good luck! :]

XxRemnantxX

Thats quite good.but the one of the arm bothers me though and yep the arms a teeny bit skinny....good i must say...keep up the good work!!!and im happy now!!!yay!

Yes I think what might be bothering you is his arm is a tad too long. That might be it. I'll edit that right away.

Trying to imitate Nomura's style isn't exactly the best idea. He creates his characters very skinny. So when others try to copy his style, it usually ends up very odd looking xD I would suggest trying to create the character in your own style so that you don't have to rely on making sure portions are skinnier here and there.

Just keep practicing and I hope you find a way to get photoshop! Good luck! :]

Haha, I only wish I could draw like Nomura. I am not trying to imitate his drawing style though. I have my own. ^_^ I'll have to upload more of my pictures some time. I actually do not draw all of the people in my pictures skinny like that. I give them a healthy body figure. The reason I drew Axel like this, is because I think the "skinny" just fits who he is for some reason. I can't see him being very muscular or his arms being any thicker. But thank you for the advice. :D I think I might thicken his arms just a bit though.

Secret Revealed: Axel is Anorexic.

but, overall, it's pretty darn good.
nice job.

Oh noes Axel. ;_; ...XD Thank you! ^_^

And to everyone, thank you for all of the advice and critique. This is exactly what I need. ^_^ Good critics to judge my work. I am definitely going to talk to my dad about getting me a new program. I know we used to have Corel draw, so I might go for that or Photoshop. (Though I'll most likely go for PS. I've tried it before and it seems pretty easy to navigate through and work. But I don't know yet.) Again, thank you!!! *smiles*

-Arcana-X-

I can see right through all your empty lies
LOL I could imagine you persuading your dad right now...

And wow. You're so good on paint. I can only make sloppy happy faces.
The only thing annoying me is how straight the posture is, like a ruler. And the ear seems like it's cut off literally.
Otherwise, everything is perfect. Your color theory is correct by putting together warm colors. Also the detail of Axel's hair is amazing. OMG Axel...
And don't copy someone else's style. It's ok to gain experience from them, like I used to do reference pictures from looking at manga. But then I evolved my drawing to my own style.

So yeah. If your dad's there, tell him you're going to be an excellent artist in the future and you need the tools to be one. ;)

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Anatomy, learn it first before attempting a full CG ever.

It might you know, help.

XxRemnantxX

LOL I could imagine you persuading your dad right now...

And wow. You're so good on paint. I can only make sloppy happy faces.
The only thing annoying me is how straight the posture is, like a ruler. And the ear seems like it's cut off literally.
Otherwise, everything is perfect. Your color theory is correct by putting together warm colors. Also the detail of Axel's hair is amazing. OMG Axel...
And don't copy someone else's style. It's ok to gain experience from them, like I used to do reference pictures from looking at manga. But then I evolved my drawing to my own style.

So yeah. If your dad's there, tell him you're going to be an excellent artist in the future and you need the tools to be one. ;)

Thank you. ^_^ I think I will change his posture a bit. And fix his ear. XD I just noticed...his ear doesn't seem to be quite right. Looks like it's too far off from his head...hmmm~I will definitely fix that.

Oh, can someone please explain to me how I would be copying Nomura's style? o_O I really and honestly don't see how I am. I am not trying to copy him at all. So it's kind of confusing me...

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Arcana doesn't know what she's talking about :v

Only mods can delete posts.

Last edited:

Raiko

Come break me down
i just woke up...morning or afternoon or good day to you all*sigh* you double posted?? anyways, arms still a bit creepy O.O . yeah study abit of anatomy then...you should be fine..

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Hmm...Jay Chou...not to be rude or anything but could you please not post in my thread? Thanks.
Unless you give me 3 valid reasons why I shouldn't, then I won't.

And yes, it has to be from this thread.

tl;dr it won't be happening anytime soon.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Jay also has a definite point, anatomy is key in art, and you definetely don't have it down. That's probably why you've been accused of copying Nomura, his signature style includes skewed anatomy and abnormally skinny, girly characters :\/

To clarify, this is what a typical human being should look like from a side perspective. Your drawing of Axel does not. That's not to say it's bad to draw outside of anatomical guidelines if it's for the sake of style, it's just, uh, you don't have a style yet, and therefore you're ignoring anatomy for the hell of it. Don't mistake this for me lasthing out at you, it's just clear that there are a number of basic physical traits to you seemed to overlook or distort that could be fixed were you to understand exactly what you're drawing.

So, I'm gonna tell you what I told your friend. Get a picture of a person and DRAW HIM. It helps. A lot.

Last edited:

XxRemnantxX

Unless you give me 3 valid reasons why I shouldn't, then I won't.

And yes, it has to be from this thread.

tl;dr it won't be happening anytime soon.

Now you are just being stubborn. Oh, my three valid reasons has to be from THIS thread? Really now? Maybe I just dislike you for the person that you are and I don't want you commenting on my artwork. You, and the other high and mighty people here in this fan art section. I do not need three reasons. I have one and that is all I need.

I do not ignore criticism. I take it, and I make use of it. Thank you to the other people who gave me advice. I will study anatomy more. Fyi~I do study anatomy as it is. My mother works in x-ray and has anatomy books all over the place and I make use of them.My only excuse is I am so f*ing busy, I can't friggin pick up the books to study anymore. But I will have to make time if I am to improve, hm?

As to being accused of copying Nomura's style...the only reason I drew Axel skinny is because that is the way I see him. That is the way I want to draw him. Nomura does not OWN the style of drawing people skinny. If I do not want to add muscle mass or fat on to my drawing, then that's my decision. But if the character does have muscle mass or is chubby, I do draw muscle on the character or fat. But as for Axel's character, fat or muscle mass, in my opinion, does not fit him. His skinny waist and skinny arms are like his trademark, as is his hips. (XD Hah.)

Vicodin

relative power
You can still make it look realistic with him being skinny.

Jay Chou has more knowledge than you, when it comes to this stuff. Seriously. So he knows what he's talking about, versus you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back