• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ps3 or Ps4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

raycat27_2003

Awards
It's just gonna make a lot of people bonkin' mad if we have to wait longer than we're already waiting for KH3 no matter what system it's on. I got my PS3 for KH3 and I know I'll be pretty upset if I bought it for nothing.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
If I recall correctly, Sony and Microsoft mentioned that they were aiming for 2014 to release their next generations consoles... so based on that and the fact Nomura's team should be well versed in the PS3's mechanics now, it'll more than likely be on the PS3.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
KH3 in 2014? Hopefully before. I hope for 2013. KH2 was released in 2005/2006. Nine years waiting for the next game of the series is very long.

...That is a complete and utter possibility. That means that KH3 would only get a year or less of development time. If they rushed it out that quickly, it'd be another Sonic 06

And I really hate it when people say "we've been waiting for KH3 since 2006" No you weren't. In 2006, the secret ending was for BBS. So you waited four years for the next main title, Birth by Sleep. And after Birth by Sleep, you've been waiting for KH3D.

Why in the world do people always ignore every game and say they are insignificant compared to KH3? That'd be like if Legend of Zelda fans said "Screw Skyward Sword! Give me Zelda 3!"
Honestly the ONLY difference that making KH3 will have is that it will contain a III on its logo. That's literally the only thing that separates KH3 from any other Kingdom Hearts game.

...anyway, with my typical nerd rage set aside... I'm very certain that we'll get a KH game on the PS3 before making one for the next Sony consolet. After all, the PS2 was still having games developed for it even when the PS3 was released.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
For the most part, I don't want them to rush anything with KH3. If that means it ends up going onto the PS4, then so be it. At the same time, I don't believe it will end up on the PS4, especially, with all the work they have been putting on Versus XIII.

As much as I want KH3 to happen, I'd rather wait as long as it takes for them to develop the game. (Of course, not in Versus XIII standards, but I doubt it should ever go through that process)

I don't think SE can afford to rush on this game at this point. Considering people are whining that they "have been waiting since 2006" even though that is not even close to the case, every detail of the game is going to be over analyzed, and if people aren't completely satisfied with the game, they aren't going to call it just a fluke, they are going to berate the game and this could potentially nearly kill the image of KH to the casual fanbase o_O

Digs

PSVita. Just sayin.

I don't think Kingdom Hearts's style warrants or would look particularly good in HD.
I've always imagined Kingdom Hearts 3 being on par with the visuals of the Ratchet and Clank Future games, hopefully better, but for the cartoonish style the game has it's just a matter of art over polygons. Which the Ratchet and Clank games carried over incredibly well to the PS3. KH3 will probably be closer to the pre-rendered cutscenes than it's original games had.

Arkrend

PSVita. Just sayin.

I don't think Kingdom Hearts's style warrants or would look particularly good in HD.
I'm with Shamdeo on this one. I actually think Kingdom Hearts might stay on handhelds. I can see them releasing the HD release on the PSP Vita, and maybe the 3DS.

I wonder if Dream Drop Distance will ever be ported to PSP Vita? I get that the game is meant for 3D and all, but maybe they will want all main games on the same system.

Dream Drop Distance is a main entry to the series so if they released Birth By Sleep v.2 on PSP Vita then released the HD trilogy on PSP Vita then we'd be missing an important part of the series.

Maybe they'll port Kingdom Hearts 3D to PSP Vita and just change the title to Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance for the PSP Vita version. I'm not sure what the cover will be, but maybe 3D will say, "Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance" instead of, "Kingdom Hearts 3D (Dream Drop Distance)."

Maybe they're going to surprise us later by announcing Dream Drop Distance will also be on the PSP Vita. For those who say they can't because it's built for 3D just remember that 3D is just an optional feature. They can release a non-3D version that doesn't have the AR card features. The 3DS version would just have a couple of extra features.

I actually think it would be a good idea if the last Kingdom Hearts games were for the Vita. They could use the same engine for all three games (BBS v.2, HD releases, and Kingdom Hearts 3) without having to change dev kits to the PS3. It would also make things more organized if the last games were on the same system instead of scattered around.

So far to play through the main series you need a PS2 (Kingdom Hearts, Re:Chain of Memories, and II), and a PSP (Birth By Sleep).

I now hope Dream Drop Distance, Birth By Sleep v.2, and Kingdom Hearts III all come out on the 3DS and PSP Vita.

You would have every entry to the main series on two systems.

Of course in order for that to work out seamlessly Dream Drop Distance would need to be ported to Vita. Not many features would be lost other than the 3D mode, and some AR features.

Digs

Even though I don't support the idea of the main series staying handheld I will add that AR features wouldn't need to be sacrificed, Vita has an AR mode for games like the Eyepet and such. I wouldn't take much for Square to port it other than whatever Nintendo has in their contract for the game. Though, honestly I think DDD wouldn't be up to snuff for the Vita, the handheld is a slightly lower poly PS3. 3DS is a powerful system but it's not quite up there with the Vita and I believe it'd show.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I'm with Shamdeo on this one. I actually think Kingdom Hearts might stay on handhelds. I can see them releasing the HD release on the PSP Vita, and maybe the 3DS.

No.

I wonder if Dream Drop Distance will ever be ported to PSP Vita? I get that the game is meant for 3D and all, but maybe they will want all main games on the same system.

Not a chance.

Dream Drop Distance is a main entry to the series so if they released Birth By Sleep v.2 on PSP Vita then released the HD trilogy on PSP Vita then we'd be missing an important part of the series.

Not really sure what you mean.

Maybe they'll port Kingdom Hearts 3D to PSP Vita and just change the title to Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance for the PSP Vita version. I'm not sure what the cover will be, but maybe 3D will say, "Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance" instead of, "Kingdom Hearts 3D (Dream Drop Distance)."

DDD was entirely made for the 3DS and a port would be very difficult. There's a better chance of it getting on the PS3.

I actually think it would be a good idea if the last Kingdom Hearts games were for the Vita. They could use the same engine for all three games (BBS v.2, HD releases, and Kingdom Hearts 3) without having to change dev kits to the PS3. It would also make things more organized if the last games were on the same system instead of scattered around.

I think that would piss more people off than it would excite them.

You would have every entry to the main series on two systems.

I feel like you're just repeating everything in your post~

sdr08

Why are people so obessed about KH3 being on consoles anyway I would be ok about it being on Vita

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Why are people so obessed about KH3 being on consoles anyway I would be ok about it being on Vita

wouldnt the consoles be able to process more and have more functions? i got a ps3 for black ops but my main hidden purpose was for future KH games and if we dont get the next main title on a console (preferably ps3) it would disregard tradition and just be stupid

and im already gonna have to buy a vita for bbsv2 if thats what it will be for, a ps4 release would break my heart.

Digs

The Vita does offer some interesting possibilities with a Multi touch screen and a touch pad on the back, it would just limit a major title like KH3 way too much.
The cartridge size and non HD graphics alone would make KH3 a flop. While the cartridge size isn't known yet there's no way it could match the PS3's 50gb+ blurays, the more they push the games length the more sacrifices they'd have to make in other aspects of the game. I don't know about you but these less than 10 hour outings on the handhelds just aren't cutting it. Plus some of us just enjoy some games on their HDTVs and quality sound systems.

Rohan

While we are on the subject of KH3, did you know that Square announced a special edition of the game? All I can say is that I'm buying it.

Oh, if anyone wants the name of said special edition, it is

Kingdom Hearts 3: Duke Nukem Forever Edition

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
Kingdom Hearts 3 will have a similar misfortune to FF13,it will begin on the PS3 only for the new Console generations to arrive,they would switch to the PS4.

Next gen consoles are closer than you think,the PS3's ten year plan doesn't mean that Sony will release PS4 on the tenth year.But rather release it in it's 6-7th year and continue supporting it until the tenth year.Just like the PS2.

sdr08

wouldnt the consoles be able to process more and have more functions? i got a ps3 for black ops but my main hidden purpose was for future KH games and if we dont get the next main title on a console (preferably ps3) it would disregard tradition and just be stupid

and im already gonna have to buy a vita for bbsv2 if thats what it will be for, a ps4 release would break my heart.

I got a Ps3 for KH and Final Fantasy and I hope it comes out for PS3. but if Nourma stays true to the "one KH game per year" that would shoot for a 2014 release, and seeing Versus is not done yet, I find 2014 for KH3 hard to believe. I say give KH3 to the Osaka team, and once Versus is done, Have the main KH team help Osaka team to finish it.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I got a Ps3 for KH and Final Fantasy and I hope it comes out for PS3. but if Nourma stays true to the "one KH game per year" that would shoot for a 2014 release, and seeing Versus is not done yet, I find 2014 for KH3 hard to believe. I say give KH3 to the Osaka team, and once Versus is done, Have the main KH team help Osaka team to finish it.

The problem is that the Osaka team isn't really used with working on the PS3, while the main team by working on Versus is. However, I'm really sure they're already working on tiny bits of KH3, there is always stuff they can do beforehand and like I said, keeping in mind that Nomura seems to like having several projects to work on and Versus now being the only one left (excluding KH DDD), it seems pretty realistic to say he'll be working on tiny bits of KH3 already.

Digs

The problem is that the Osaka team isn't really used with working on the PS3, while the main team by working on Versus is. However, I'm really sure they're already working on tiny bits of KH3, there is always stuff they can do beforehand and like I said, keeping in mind that Nomura seems to like having several projects to work on and Versus now being the only one left (excluding KH DDD), it seems pretty realistic to say he'll be working on tiny bits of KH3 already.
Even if the team isn't used to the PS3 framework having a pre-made engine (FFvXIII engine) to even build the ground work for KH3 could be possible, putting the cornerstones into place could give the main team a running start at development.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Even if the team isn't used to the PS3 framework having a pre-made engine (FFvXIII engine) to even build the ground work for KH3 could be possible, putting the cornerstones into place could give the main team a running start at development.

Yeah, that's one of the things I said that can be done beforehand but for them to actually develop the game already and the main KH team to join'em after that isn't gonna happen but preparing everything and do little stuff to make future work run much faster and easier, that's something I can see that they'll do. But I'm pretty sure that for KH3, every team that has already worked on KH will join development to fasten development, especially the Osaka team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back