• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ps3 or Ps4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I don't see Kh3 being on the ps4,it's not like Kh3 is going to benefit more by being on the ps4,this series isn't known for pushing the hardware to the limits unless it's on a handheld.

All that time working on versus,getting used to the system only to put it on a next gen system seems like a waste really..

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
A KH title on this current home gen consoles? IDK. Though it's been stated for a while that there's still a bit of life left in the PS3 and 360, at least until late 2013 or early 2014, however, looking at Square Enix's track record, we could expect the next major game in the KH franchise to be on the next gen consoles. Remember, FF13 was planned for last gen, however, the development cycle extended passed the PS2 era, and they opted for next gen. The scenario looks the same. Who can say the Kingdom Hearts team won't be pressed to start looking at PS4, WiiU, or Xbox 720 (assumed name) specs after they've finished Versus?
Well the team that will be working on KH3 has been getting familiar with the PS3 technology for years not to mention rumors that the CT Engine was being optimized for the PS3.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
This isn't true. Slim PS3s don't have PS2 compatibility, but they do have PSOne compatibility. Heck, PSP has full PSOne compatibility (though, obviously, no CD player to run the games from directly -- hacked PSPs will play any PSOne ISO just fine, though).

PSOne games on PSN are basically just ISO rips with digital manuals anyway, so they couldn't get rid of the full emulation even if they wanted to. =P

Well I have been disproved, everywhere I looked, and plus the guys who sold me my PS3, said that it wasn't backwards compatible.

I know PSP's can play PS1 ISO's. But I wasn't fully sure about PS3 playing anything besides PS3 games, and stuff downloaded from PSN.
Then again, I've never downloaded anything from PSN onto my PS3. It can't go on the internet, it's not able to do that, it's a demo model.

Sora3000

Awards
I happen to have a PS3 that can play both PS1 and PS2 games. And how? It needs at least 80 GB.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I happen to have a PS3 that can play both PS1 and PS2 games. And how? It needs at least 80 GB.

You must have one of those earlier models. Also, current PS3s can still play specific PS1 and PS2 games, so if you have a newer model (all slims, and some fats) then you can still only play CERTAIN PS2 games...

Shadow Key

Depends when they decide to even release and/or announce the PS4 and when they decide to release and/or announce KHIII.

Amazing

Not to derail the thread or anything but WTF?

We do not need a goddamn PS4 Sony. -_-

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Why would they be making a PS5 already considering that hte PS3 hasn't even hit its half way mark of life yet.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Too late. They've began development of the Playstation 4 and Playstation 5.

Wut? Why would they begin development on a PS5? Seriously? XD I mean, I know they're planning to do a PS4 soon, like 2014.... but why would you develop a PS5 now when the technology will obviously be inferior by the time it's released? CHUMAN WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Okay I don't know about the PS5, but I'm certain their already hard at work on PS5. It's already been almost 6 years since PS3 was released. Plus they also gave us a prototype model of the PS3 back in E3 05. I'm certain this upcoming E3 with the Wii U already being announced last year that Sony and Microsoft will both announce their upcoming consoles.

I will go on a say I don't have proof but I'm just looking back at Sony's and other console makers track records is all.

As for which console well my money is on the PS3 they'd be stupid to put this on PS4. When I think of games that will make me buy a brand spanking new console this is very far from the list.

pumpkinhead

Awards
Website
last.fm
I'd say PS3, but I'm 99.9% sure they'll release a new PS by the time KHIII is announced (I'm calling 2-3 years). Like Shinjuku said, it's been 6 years since PS3's release. They did do an updated one yes, but I don't think it was necessary seeing that I can't play my PS2 games on it anymore~

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I'm thinking it might be released on the PS3, in some humdrum area of time and space slightly before a 'PS4' is released to the public. However, should development on KH III not begin by at least late 2012, I would expect it to be on the PS4.

Even then, I don't own a PS3. Would I get it for only KH III? Perhaps, but I would much rather get the PS4 instead of the PS3, if solely for a longer lifespan, amongst other things. I didn't/haven't bought a DS or 3DS (or even played CoM on the GBA original or PS2 remake), but I got a used PSP in March of '10 - if I recall - and got BBS in September :3

:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back