• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ps3 or Ps4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digs

Yeah, that's one of the things I said that can be done beforehand but for them to actually develop the game already and the main KH team to join'em after that isn't gonna happen but preparing everything and do little stuff to make future work run much faster and easier, that's something I can see that they'll do. But I'm pretty sure that for KH3, every team that has already worked on KH will join development to fasten development, especially the Osaka team.
Ah, gotcha, I thought you meant the main dev team alone when I replied.
I wouldn't be surprised if a small portion of this was finished already with some of the down time FFvXIII has had. It's been in development fpr as long as the PS3 has been on store shelves, and while the game is practically finished it's still only just recently entered full production.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Ah, gotcha, I thought you meant the main dev team alone when I replied.
I wouldn't be surprised if a small portion of this was finished already with some of the down time FFvXIII has had. It's been in development fpr as long as the PS3 has been on store shelves, and while the game is practically finished it's still only just recently entered full production.

No prob, I probably didn't use the right words ;). Yeah I think so too, I mean, I'm sure they have worked already a looong time on Versus during these years of production but I don't really think that they didn't work on KH3 either, they're just keeping it secret because it would take away attention from Versus and other games.

Digs

No prob, I probably didn't use the right words ;). Yeah I think so too, I mean, I'm sure they have worked already a looong time on Versus during these years of production but I don't really think that they didn't work on KH3 either, they're just keeping it secret because it would take away attention from Versus and other games.
Five years at a part time pace on FFvXIII has the game with nearly every piece ready to fall into place and undergo polish. That's a lot in between for the devs, with Square scraping to pull in a profit from any possible source recently I'd doubt they'd just let a team sit around twiddling their thumbs.
I'm surprised they even announced KH3 was alive, like you said, it'd take away attention from other games, especially their smaller handheld games in the Kingdom Hearts series.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Five years at a part time pace on FFvXIII has the game with nearly every piece ready to fall into place and undergo polish. That's a lot in between for the devs, with Square scraping to pull in a profit from any possible source recently I'd doubt they'd just let a team sit around twiddling their thumbs.
I'm surprised they even announced KH3 was alive, like you said, it'd take away attention from other games, especially their smaller handheld games in the Kingdom Hearts series.

Yeah well, most people forget I think when saying 'begin with KH3 already!' that SE IS still a company and companies won't risk losing money and therefore time. Like you said, SE most likely already worked (whether or not tiny bits) on KH3.

Digs

Yeah well, most people forget I think when saying 'begin with KH3 already!' that SE IS still a company and companies won't risk losing money and therefore time. Like you said, SE most likely already worked (whether or not tiny bits) on KH3.
Hope FFvXIII strikes gold leaving a bigger budget for KH3. Judging by the gameplay trailer released at the beginning of the year, I can't imagine it flopping.
I was blown away by just alpha gameplay, seeing a Kingdom Hearts title in that engine would be a dream come true, especially with all those acrobatics.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
So true man, so true. And I really am curious on how it will look with better graphics, that alone makes me excited. People are saying that it will look weird but I don't think that at all, I mean, like I said before, who would've thought that Disney characters would look so good in a 3D game before KH was released? Nobody, at least, not many people. I'm sure they'll be able to pull it off again.

Digs

With FFvXIII being able to pull off photo realism to such a degree I can already see the Kingdom Hearts universe receiving an almost hand drawn look.
The characters already looked phenomenal, there's not much they could improve on.
They should really cash in on an HD re-release of the PS2 games, recently playing them on my PS3 with it's upscaling the game looked borderline HD, they wouldn't have to update much at all for a quick buck.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Yeah, I'm sure it'll look very good! Probably they'll improve the lightning also + special effects of special attacks will be probably phenomenal with that engine. I think when they'll make KH3, they'll make real subtle changes graphical wise to make it overall look better. It won't be cartoony but nowhere near realism.

Digs

They can't change too much or they'll lose the feel of Kingdom Hearts, with the line blurring between Squares trademark prerendered cutscenes and gameplay I can see a fine mix of the two. Myself though, I think KHDDD is about as far as I'd like the game graphically to go.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Yeah true, and hopefully they won't change that much but I do think it's possible to make it even better looking than KH DDD though, the changes will be subtle like adding more physics, clothing that moves realistically, that kind of stuff, make the lighning a little better but again nowhere near realism, that way I'm sure it'll look better but still keep the Kingdom Hearts feeling.

Digs

I meant visually, keeping how DDD looks with high poly models and HD textures would be ideal for me. Seeing every layer of clothing, every chain, charm and zipper on Sora as an actual part of the model instead of a flat texture would be a sight. Along with the bump in scope for worlds, a massive poly budget for each world compared previous games means we could have a lot more room to run around in. Even looking at FFXIII's environments I can't wait to see that kind of power in the KH/Disney universe.
Also, rewatching the FFvXIII trailer, clothing detail and it's physics look top notch, you could almost get lost in them. Gameplay looks floaty but I'm sure that's just an alpha thing that won't carry over to the final game or to KH3

wii.red24

Ps3 but Square better hurry the hell up cuz sources tell me the sony has been working on the PS4 for a while now and it could be out by 2013 or 2014

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I don't know, I mean, clothing detail as in you can see every fiber, that will not be carried over to KH3 but physics, be sure to see more from that. I think overall the one thing they're gonna change with KH3 is give the looks of everything a more vibrant feeling, like everything really is alive, that's the only thing I could see where realism would be used in KH.

But like I said, I'm sure whatever they do with the graphics, I'm sure it'll look very good.

Digs

Real enough to see every fiber would not work at all, simply having clothing that looks like it has substance and is not just a flat picture of a chain or charm would go a long way for me. It made a world of difference in God of War 3, just seeing the little details that used to be flat textures fully rendered added so much to the character.

sdr08

I don't know, I mean, clothing detail as in you can see every fiber, that will not be carried over to KH3 but physics, be sure to see more from that. I think overall the one thing they're gonna change with KH3 is give the looks of everything a more vibrant feeling, like everything really is alive, that's the only thing I could see where realism would be used in KH.

But like I said, I'm sure whatever they do with the graphics, I'm sure it'll look very good.

I am excited about the graphics might look like. What is your guys opinion about everything in CGI? will it look good?

Youniquee

Awards
I am excited about the graphics might look like. What is your guys opinion about everything in CGI? will it look good?

It would be nice if it was how it was in the last cut scenes of KH2. I wouldn't mind that kind of CGI used for gameplay :3 And maybe they'll finally cut out the fish faces.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Everything can't be in CGI unless you want kh3 to become a movie,though i would like to see all the original character looking more similar to there CG counter parts.

I can see Sora looking more similar to this
kh2_jiw_wall_05_800x600.jpg

kh2_intro_high_i_sora9.jpg

and of course the rest.
More detail on the clothes because you can see blurry textures on them.

The worlds would be more vibrant and colorful and more detailed and hopefully more expansive and of course more npc's in there.

Digs

Everything can't be in CGI unless you want kh3 to become a movie,though i would like to see all the original character looking more similar to there CG counter parts.

and of course the rest.

The worlds would be more vibrant and colorful and more detailed and hopefully more expansive and of course more npc's in there.
Honestly, the PS3 could almost handle those pre-rendered models, well, they wouldn't be as smooth thanks to the PS3's lack of anti aliasing.

Rohan

kh2_jiw_wall_05_800x600.jpg

and of course the rest.

I dunno. I personally don't like this cgi Sora that much, mainly cause of the hair, it just seems like too much on his head. I dunno.

But in KH3, I would like to see some form of battle damage on certain enemies, like bosses and such, sort of like in the DBZ game series.
but yeah, do away with the fish faces and make stuff more detailed and you've got my fortune to do with what you will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back