• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PS2 FF games HD remake confirmed? *UNCONFIRMED*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
This is only really for the big games, so it's unlikely you would see KH: ReCOM, but KH1 and 2 are quite likely.

I wouldn't expect it to be a massive priority for SE to release them without any big budget game linked in, so I reckon no KH1 and 2 HD until KH3, which is YEEEAAAAARRSS off.

Final Fantasy is always pretty big though, so I'd expect those sometime next year, maybe around the same time as a Versus demo, or even as late as Versus itself. So Basically between now and Spring 2012.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
That's why I'm hoping they'll be here in time for the 10 year anniversary (2012). And though Re:Com wouldn't be neccesary, its inclusion would be freaking awesome and would finally give the non NA and Japan regions a chance to play it. KH1 sold just as well as FFXII did, and with Birth By Sleep hopefully being a sign of great things to come in the series' future, hopefully the KH fan base will start to grow again and SE will take enough notice to really conisder doing remakes.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
That's why I'm hoping they'll be here in time for the 10 year anniversary (2012). And though Re:Com wouldn't be neccesary, its inclusion would be freaking awesome and would finally give the non NA and Japan regions a chance to play it. KH1 sold just as well as FFXII did, and with Birth By Sleep hopefully being a sign of great things to come in the series' future, hopefully the KH fan base will start to grow again and SE will take enough noticeto really conisder doing remakes.

Dammit, why don't they just remake FFVII already?!?! }=(

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Because they'll still be working on V and VI remakes? ._.

State

Awards
Remastered Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty/Substance, Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater/Subsistence, Kingdom Hearts/Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts II/Final Mix, Final Fantasy X/X-2 and Final Fantasy XII/International Zodiac Job System?

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
Remastered Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty/Substance, Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater/Subsistence, Kingdom Hearts/Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts II/Final Mix, Final Fantasy X/X-2 and Final Fantasy XII/International Zodiac Job System?

...Why oh why didn't my brother choose the PS3 over the XBOX 360.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
I really don't think there's any point in a Kingdom Hearts remake; the visual style looks so good on PS2, a PS3 remake wouldn't look that much better. Also there's nothing in each game that only a remake could re-en vigour like an emotional scene (Aerith's Death), a world (like Ivalice in Tactics Advance), or a particular place (Midgar, or Kefka's tower).

The good stuff in Kingdom Hearts (the Disney worlds and the fighting) would naturally be part of Kingdom Hearts III. Any remake would be a waste of time, other than an HD redux.

State

Awards
Personally, I just want my FF7 remake -_-

People that worked in the development team themselves said that I.F. they were to remake it, they'd need the original team, and a lot of the integrators left Square Enix, meaning that they really don't want to remake the game.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
People that worked in the development team themselves said that I.F. they were to remake it, they'd need the original team, and a lot of the integrators left Square Enix, meaning that they really don't want to remake the game.

Well I guess I'll just have to play it on PSN

-smacks self for breaking copy-

YoshiAngemon

If we DO get KH Final Mix Collection, then they'll use the 358/2 Days Dub, minus Xion's lines. Namely, we'll hear this...

Riku "All right. You've left me with no other choice."
Roxas "What?"
Riku "I have to release the power in my heart. The Dark power that I've been holding back. Even... if it changes me forever."

... on the PS3.

YoshiAngemon

Ahhh you know you can play PS1 games on PS3 right????................

I think they removed that feature, when they removed the PS2 Backwards compatability.

Reason: Someone make a pic of Kevin Butler and the Kaz guy with a PS3 and make it say "IT PRINTS MONEY!"

But the real reason I was trying to say is that they figured that it would be more business wise to re-buy the same games on PSN. I know I would like to re-buy FFIX, if given the chance. I mean, I can't even view the entire cutscenes on my PS2 Slim. So, yeah, If I had a PS3, I'd spend $9.99 for FFIX. I mean come on. $9.99, SUCKA!

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
I think they removed that feature, when they removed the PS2 Backwards compatability.

PS1 games can be played on PS3 to a certain extent. FF8 in Europe doesn't work unless you have the platinum edition, and there are many other exceptions, but the PS1 backwards compatibility feature was not removed along with the emotion chip for PS2 games, it was just not very good to start with :p.

I do agree that us seeing HD remakes of the PS1 games is unlikely, as we can play them this generation on PS3 at least via PSN. But I certainly wouldn't be against a widescreen, trophy enabled version of the big three,

But I'd say FFX and 12 are certs.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
When fans see what Konami's doing to the Metal Gear series, and what Square's doing with Final Fantasy, they're going to be very happy."
mgs? Yeah! I really wanna try those games out. FF X and XII would also be intressting but with all these games, 3ds and psp2... my money... :(

Decade

I'd really hope that if you remastered XII that it would be the international version, the USA one is just god awful.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
the international version has, like, two differences

sure there's the job-specific license board but it also sucks because i hear once you choose one you can't go back. you can be any job you want in the original anyway, it's just not spoon-fed to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back