• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PS2 FF games HD remake confirmed? *UNCONFIRMED*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
sure there's the job-specific license board but it also sucks because i hear once you choose one you can't go back. you can be any job you want in the original anyway, it's just not spoon-fed to you.

Pretty much, though the 'you can be any job' has it negative drawbacks. If I had to choose between the Zodiac Jobs that you have to stick with... or the 'any job' [aka jack of all trades], I'd choose the former. I like an RPG where I want to replay again to experiment with other job classes which have all their perks and weaknesses.

And that's pretty much the biggest feature that would make me return to FFXII.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
Because they'll still be working on V and VI remakes? ._.

I want these on HD.

Especially VI.

Oh laudy how I long to see the opera scene done in HD!!!

It's as if the Distant Worlds concert were actually blasting through my screen. *drools*

[video=youtube;Wuh-effuoFY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuh-effuoFY[/video]

Last edited:

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I'd really hope that if you remastered XII that it would be the international version, the USA one is just god awful.

hahahahahaha

i had a little laugh

No really the Job System in IJZS is for stupid people who couldn't figure out Gambits and the License Board in the original game. It's restrictive and unrewarding and misses the entire point of the developers wanting you to have creative freedom in how you develop your characters if only to satisfy a few bitchy fans.

Only real worthy change/addition is Trial Mode.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
the only reason i'd play ffxii international is because you get to fight the judge magisters which is basically a less gay version of the org data bosses in fm+

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
*doesn't care*

FFXII has amazing graphics as is. And I could care less about FFX

Am I the only one that finds it hilarious how they constantly deny requests to remake their best selling FF game (VII) and now here they are doing something which not many people were openly wanting.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
I think that's unfair, these aren't remakes, they're enhanced ports. People would only be a little more excited about an enhanced port of FF7, as it's a full blown PS3 remake people want.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
*doesn't care*

Am I the only one that finds it hilarious how they constantly deny requests to remake their best selling FF game (VII) and now here they are doing something which not many people were openly wanting.

Is it hilarious how they can't spend atleast 5 years on making a huge expensive remake that a bunch of people want when they can spend less then a year on a cheap upgrade on 2 not verry wanted games that still can make them some easy money?
I don't agree

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
*doesn't care*

They don't want to remake Final Fantasy VII yet because they want to put the same amount of effort into it as they did back in 1996, only scaled up to be appropriate on today's terms. They want it to be as impressive as it was 14 years ago, because it really was the game that launched the JRPG genre into the mainstream for over a decade.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
And of course the main point, is that on the current generation of consoles FFX and XII are unplayable.

FFV and FFVI are also sort of in the same boat in that getting FF Anthology is expensive. I'd also expect some sort of release for those.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Having a few different releases might be nice. PS1, PS2, and then an update of Anthologies.

This may explain why SE has been so cagey out remaking FF7...

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Having a few different releases might be nice. PS1, PS2, and then an update of Anthologies.

This may explain why SE has been so cagey out remaking FF7...

They don't want to remake Final Fantasy VII yet because they want to put the same amount of effort into it as they did back in 1996, only scaled up to be appropriate on today's terms. They want it to be as impressive as it was 14 years ago, because it really was the game that launched the JRPG genre into the mainstream for over a decade.
1x1td.gif

siegleeagle

just make kh3 already thats what people care about

Thats not the point of this thread and while I like kingdom hearts more than final fantasy I love final fantasy too and realize more people care about final fantasy than kingdom hearts. Plus this isnt hindering the development of KH3 versus 13 is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back