• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Power Rangers - July 22nd 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Kounelli

Awards
Okay this looks pretty awesome!
I used to watch the other movie in the 90's (with the Ooze guy) religiously as a child, so this is bringing back some pretty nostalgic memories. Question is, will nostalgia help this movie be successful like it did with Jurassic World? I hope so, it's been a while since Power Rangers was heavily discussed outside of it's toy line and kid shows.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The trailer was actually good...color me impressed. Lack of green ranger crushed me *sobs* but I'll be ok fam. Frankly, I would be disappointed if he shows up at the end as a cliff hanger for a possible second movie.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The trailer was actually good...color me impressed. Lack of green ranger crushed me *sobs* but I'll be ok fam. Frankly, I would be disappointed if he shows up at the end as a cliff hanger for a possible second movie.
Why would that be bad? That would ensure he has a prominent role in the sequel

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Why would that be bad? That would ensure he has a prominent role in the sequel

Personally, I'm just tired of the industry using the same mechanic to set events up in a sequel or numbered movie. If something is done well, then people will watch it again, even if it's a sequel. And if this movie turns out to be shite, then the green ranger would be the only incentive to watch the sequel..and honestly that would be a downer..especially to a fictional character I looked up to as a kid.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I still want a Tommy cameo nonetheless, but I'd rather have his name referenced in the movie, have his character show up in some way within the movie (even without a specific reference to him being the green ranger), or some sort of smaller teaser than just having him pop in at the end or in a post credits scene. Based on what I think they'll do with Rita Repulsa, it's almost necessary to have Tommy present in some fashion.

Did anyone else catch the white ranger reference in the trailer? It's super hard to see.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like 5 Rangers + Rita (and probs Zordon) is enough of a handful for them to properly develop for this film, so I'd rather there by no Tommy unless it is after credits.

Tommy was my fave from the original series too, and one of the main reasons I watched Dino Thunder, but there is such a thing as too much in a movie. And frankly, I do think a Tommy cameo that is anything more than a name drop/glimpse of in a hallway/not after the credits would be just as intrusive as the Aquaman/Flash/Cyborg cameos in Bats V Supes. It breaks up the flow of the narrative, and even if it serves the coming plot, it only hinders it, it doesn't make it stronger.

But I dunno. I guess it's a matter of preference.

Did anyone else catch the white ranger reference in the trailer? It's super hard to see.

WHAT, WHERE.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
WHAT?!!?! WHERE IS IT?!
tumblr_n3fbv3DqKO1txplyno1_500.gif

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Welp, time for me to go on a media blackout for this and Logan. I'm already excitebike for it - I'm afraid for that to diminish or increase exponentially

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Honestly, I really could have done without Kanye West in the trailer.

Best part for me was seeing Cranston as Zordon.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I wonder if Meltman from Action League Now! is getting any royalties for how much the movie toys ape his likeness.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Honestly, I really could have done without Kanye West in the trailer.

My childhood was slightly ruined.

Though not enough for me to not embrace this movie!

My god, I have no idea what's up with Elizabeth Bank's character. Outside of official trailers, I haven't been looking at details of this movie for spoiler reasons, but that certainly is an interesting take on Rita. I'm also assuming she's Rita..

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
My childhood was slightly ruined.

Though not enough for me to not embrace this movie!

My god, I have no idea what's up with Elizabeth Bank's character. Outside of official trailers, I haven't been looking at details of this movie for spoiler reasons, but that certainly is an interesting take on Rita. I'm also assuming she's Rita..

They've confirmed she is Rita, so no confusion there.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
[video=youtube;VAre185yW6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAre185yW6M[/video]

Mobile gaming continues to be the monkey's paw of the video game industry. Finally, the "all-seasons, heroes & villains alike" PR fighting game of my dreams is happening & it's a bloody CoC clone.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
What happened to the remixed version of the theme song in the first teaser? Did they used Kanye because it had "Power" as the song title and has "go" in the lyrics?

And it looked like they'll be spending some of their fights without their visors on, that's a turn off. And seeing the visage of the Megazord makes me NOT want to have a live-action Voltron movie.

Though I do admit Rita looks fairly decent (kinda reminds me of Divatox for a bit). And the putties, very fitting since they were basically clay monsters, they looked really imposing.

Back