• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Power Rangers - July 22nd 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Re: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers(Reboot)

BRING BACK THE GREEN RANGER HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

So I guess it'll be a new cast seeing as how everyone from the old cast is dead/didn't age well or hates Saban. I can only imagine Tommy making a cameo.

Gram

Banned
Awards

lol Bout time, after 20 years they've bound to have run out of new ideas.

BRING BACK THE GREEN RANGER HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
This^
REVIVE THE DRAGONZORD!!!!!

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

I'm not sure if I should be excited or terrified

fun

ThePromise

Tired
Awards

Jason David Frank (AKA Tommy) has always said he wanted a darker and more mature reboot to the series, this could be it. I'm tentatively looking forward to it, but the child part of my mind is completely stoked

As much as I'd want this to happen, the modern series caters more to kids now than ever before. The earliest incarnations had some grit to them but from the clips I saw of the newest series it's just not very hype in cast members.

I do wonder if this could be a new direction for sure and not just an attempt to cash in for kids and old fans.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

[video=youtube;XjmARhbVCOY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjmARhbVCOY[/video]

i expect this to be in the movie otherwise i will boycott it

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Jason David Frank (AKA Tommy) has always said he wanted a darker and more mature reboot to the series, this could be it. I'm tentatively looking forward to it, but the child part of my mind is completely stoked

Really? I`ve always wanted to see a darker Power Rangers film. Something more teen oriented than kid friendly.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

i'll love this no matter what i can't help myself

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

Another reboot??

bummed.gif

I mean I guess I'll watch it, I was a fiend for that show, but....can't we have something new?? I'm just so tired of all this nostalgia bait coming out of hollywood...

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

of all the franchises to be surprised at for producing another reboot

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

It's not surprise, it's exhaustion. I'm so tired of reboots, I want something new. More Pacific Rims and Scott Pilgrims, less Transformers and Robocops.

I dunno man, I would be more on board if the series hasn't been going strong for the past 20 or so years. But there's a series on tv right now. And it's doing fine. And unlike the ninja turtles, who have gone through numerous interpretations a varying seriousness, the Power Rangers have only ever been low budget edits of a Japanese show and never pretended to be something you could take seriously. I just don't get the need/want to make a movie of the old series

Last edited:

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

I was hoping for an adaptation of the Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle movie. A huge cluster-diddly teamup film combining characters from every season. That would fit better with what's going on in the current season of Power Rangers.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards

I was hoping for an adaptation of the Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle movie. A huge cluster-diddly teamup film combining characters from every season. That would fit better with what's going on in the current season of Power Rangers.

They were doing that in MegaForce right? It was in the trailer at the last Morphicon or something, I think. Besides that, most of the actors for the anniversary in MegaForce were either not asked to come back or their conditions weren't met, not to mention there was an interview with David Yost about how they didn't even personalize the letters. The actor that played Rocky in MMPR S2-3, Zeo, and a little of Turbo, also mentioned that they only intended for him to come back for like one scene and that was it, maybe a little more but obviously not enough for him to dedicate his time.

Plus maybe the pay wasn't great.

I don't know I'm still pretty salt about how Saban didn't really handle the anti-gay thing with David.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

Really? I`ve always wanted to see a darker Power Rangers film. Something more teen oriented than kid friendly.
You can't make Power Rangers dark and still call it Power Rangers.

It's the Avengers meets Pacific Rim. You can't give this the Dark Knight treatment. It should be cheesy and fun.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I'm just...so indifferent about this. I stopped watching Power Rangers after the first few episodes of Samurai. Couldn't stand what Saban did. But I'll give the reboot film a chance when it comes out.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

What part of this exactly?...
Oops! I meant to say why in that.
For one I didn't like them bringing back Bulk and giving us Skull Jr. or whatever his name was. They annoyed me and felt were pointless. I also felt the first episodes were poorly written. Like I said though, I only watched the first three or so episodes so for all I know it got better after I stopped watching. Also because RPM is my favorite series (a series that I felt juggled serious and funny very well) so I had high expectations.

And Nickelodeon apparently aired the third episode first and I didn't want to get into something that would get screwed around with. But that part has to do with Nickelodeon and not Saban, obviously.
Maybe someday I'll get back into the series but Samurai killed it for me and I didn't think that could ever happen. Been watching Power Rangers my whole life, too...

Back