• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Phantoms of the Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Chapter 22: Christian's Hints

Back at Castle Pathos, Tiessa wakes up from another dream. This time she saw herself hanging from a cliff trying not to get absorbed by a heart. She screamed in her sleep and woke up. Tiessa looked around the room and saw nothing out of the ordinary. Suddenly, a loud knock came from outside her door.

Tiessa got up from her bed and walked over to the large oak door. She opened it up only to see Christian standing there. He stared at her quietly. Tiessa yelled, "What is it, Christian?!"

Christian gave her smirk and turned around quickly to see if anyone had followed him. He turned back around as soon as he saw that there was nobody there. Christian replied to Tiessa in a sarcastic tone, "I came here only to help you."

Tiessa glared at him and pulled out her keyblade from out of thin air. "You dare mess with me, Christian like you did yesterday with putting me in chains."

Christian smirks, "I'll only did that to 'protect' you." He walks into her room.

Tiessa looks at him angrily, "Get out of my room, Christian!" The white-orchid haired man ignores her orders and continues walking inside. He looks back at Tiessa's keyblade.

He exclaims, "Tiessa, have you ever thought about who really is Whirlwind?"

Tiessa yells, "What's that have to do with anything?"

Christian smirks, "I see you will never understand. It's hard to believe that someone like you can be a Keyblade Wielder."

Tiessa screams, "What's that supposed to mean?!"

Christian smirks, "I've seen tougher Keyblade users than you. One example would be Roxas. He and I met in his first days in the Organization. But, that stupid bratt, I wanted to control some much Sora had to destroy me before I could manipulate Roxas into my bidding."

Tiessa rolls her eyes, "Stop mawking me and get out of my room!"

Christian smirks as he holds up a pink rose to his face and walks out of the room. He looks down at Tiessa as he walks out, "I know more about the Keyblade than you do, weakling."

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Chapter 23: Christian's Identity?

Tiessa slams the door after Christian had exited her room. She goes back to her bed and lays down. Tiessa puts her arms behind her head and stares at the ceiling, "Man, I can't believe Xallow let an idiot like Christian join the Pathos Guards."

Meanwhile, in another part of the castle, Christian walks down a long spiraling staircase to his room. Chester and Christopher block his access to the room and ask him excitedly, "So, how did the conversation with you and Tiessa go, boss?"

Christian rolls his eyes and takes his right hand with the pink rose in it and holds it up to his eyes. He exclaims, "She is still a spoiled bratt with that lousy over-sized keyblade. Now, will you two let me get to my room?!"

Christian pulls out a sceith and holds it up to Chester and Christopher. They both get out of the way quickly, "Yes sir."

Christian walks into his room. The four large concrete walls are all pink, flowers in vases align the sills of his giant heart-shaped Bay windows. He goes over to his bed and lays in it, "That stupid keyblade, it still deludes me even when I'm a somebody. Ah, I can't believe that bratt Sora managed to defeat me in battle at Castle Oblivion, even when I and the others had tampered with his memories. Why did Namine have to....?"

Christian sees something crawling above him through his skylight. "Huh, what's that?"

Diastyl

Even though the chapters are short, they're still pretty interesting!

Good job! But it would be nice if you added a bit more emotion to the character's feelings :D

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Chapter 24: Secret

Christopher burst open the door and runs into Christian's room. Chester casually walks in. Christopher screams terriified, "Hey boss, there's a Heartless outside. Shall we go defeat it?"

Christian glares at Christopher, "Shut up, you fool! How do you know that's a Heartless? You've never even seen one before!"

Christopher sighs, "Yeah, but it had the usual dark body, antennaes, and golden eyes, so it had to be a Heartless."

Christian smacks his hand against his forehead mumbling, "Why did I get stuck with these idiots?!"

Chester rolls his eyes pulling out his magical Harmonica. "Boss, I'm going outside to see what that thing was. Please, protect Christopher from his own stupidity." He jumps up to the skylight and runs straight through it.

Christopher's face goes red. He yells angrily, "I'm not stupid!" He pulls out his black daggers and runs straight to the nearest door shaking. "Man, I hope I can handle whatever it is out there."

Christian sighs, "I better watch those two, before they get themselves into trouble." He uses a trap door and goes to where to the two are. Chester and Christopher are already in their battle stances looking around for any Heartless. But, they don't see any. Christian walks up to the two of them.

He says to them, "Guys, we need to head back before we get into trouble." Christian turns around and starts walking as his sidekicks follow him. He accidently bumps into someone. Christian looks over his shoulder and the llight blue light from the castle's headlights shine on the figure. He gasps, "Whirlwind, why are you doing out here?!"

The silent blonde gives him a cold glare. He speaks in a demonic voice to the three men, "That is none of your concern. Why were you out here at this time of night?"

Christian answers boldly, "We came here to look for the Heartless. But, I am sorry to bother you, sir."

Whirlwind replies, "There are no Heartless here. You better get to your rooms or I'll make you go away."

Christopher and Chester hold each other tightly slightly fearful. They run away. Christian turns from Whirlwind and heads back to his room. Whirlwind snickers to himself, "Those idiots didn't find out my true identity."

Whirlwind takes his long blodne bangs away from his face and shows a more disturbing side of himself. The left side of his face is completely black with large golden eyes sticking out. "They never suspected a thing. The Heartless they saw before was me. And, they'll never find out." He snickes as he heads back to his room.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Chapter 25: Evil Intentions

Whirlwind walks into his room. He goes over to a bookcase and sees a book that is out-of-place. Whirlwind places the book back into it's normal spot. Suddenly, the brick wall nearby opens up to reveal a secret passage. Whirlwind snickers, "Now it is time to go see my old friends."

He walks into the secret passage and the bricks return to their normal shape. Whrilwind walks up the stony staircase until he stops at a dark room. He walks into the room and snaps his fingers till they develop into a small red flame.

Whirlwind walks around the room until he sees a container holding a man with brown spiky hair and beard. He stops at the man's containers and speaks lowly, "Ah, Xallow, how long has it been that I last saw you. Oh yes, I remember. the day you found my pathetic Somebody unconscious in the forest."

Whirlwind snickers, "Pretty soon, I'll devour all the hearts of those wretched guards then I'll take down you and your stupid volunteers' pieces of the heart, which will restore them and I'll finally be able to crinch my thirst for hearts."

He walks away and exits the room. The flame on his hand goes out and he walks back down the staircase until he reaches his room.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Chapter 26: The Thirteen Disappearances

The next night, Tiessa starts to experience another nightmare. She tosses and turns in her sleep groaning, "Ngh, Tevin! Please, don't leave me!"

Late into the night, Whirlwind walks around the castle to the guards' rooms. One-by-one he sneaks into their dreams and absorbs some of their feelings. He finally stops at Tiessa's room. Whirlwind phases into the girl's room. Tiessa is still fast asleep, excluding the restless movements. Whirlwind walks over to the girl's bed and touches the silver diamonds engraved into her arms.

A dark cloud sweeps all around Whirlwind and he dissolves into the girl's head. He looks around, "Ah, the dream is the heart's intermost secret. It is the perfect place for me to do my feeding. Pretty soon, this girl will disappear just like the other thirteen."

Whirlwind opens up a Dark Corridor. He walks through it and the portal disappears. It transport him back to one year in the past. Whirlwind sees himself giving out orders ten guards (Shyness, Wasney, Caleb, Lefi, Medy, Jason, Relena, Pedro, Len, and Eli). The nine of them run off to the castle's entrance. Eli stands behind. Whirlwind looks at the boy asking angrily, "Why aren't you leaving?!"

Eli answers, "I just have this feeling that if I leave on this mission that something will happen to me."

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm feeling bad for Tiessa, but this is still an interesting chapter.
Keep it up~

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Chapter 27: Dream

Whirlwind lies, "Nothing will happen to you. You'll still be here when you get back on your mission. Now go!"

Eli looks at Whirlwind still doubtful of his superior's advice. He walks off and heads to the entrance. Whirlwind takes some nearby stairs and goes to a window overlooking the outside of the castle. He looks out the window and sees Eli and the others heading out the castle's courtyard leaving the castle behind. Whirlwind turns from the window, "Now the fun truly begins."

Whirlwind walks from the staircase to the entrance. He shifts to his true form. Whirlwind changes into a black creature with golden eyes, long antennaes, sharp claws, and a long wiry tail. He rushes out of the entrance until he reaches the ten people.

Nine of them fall to the creature. Eli is the only one that remains. He stares at the creature and recognizes it. Eli mutters, "Whirlwind?"

The creature stares at the boy shocked, but it doesn't back away. It rushes at Eli with it's giant claws. Eli pulls out his weapon and blocks the claws. Whirlwind pulls out it's tail and swooshes under the boy's legs knocking him over. The weapon falls out of Eli's hands. He tries to crawl over to his weapon, but Whirlwind grabs the boy's scrawny legs holding him back.

Elli screams, "Let me go!" Whirlwind ignores his pleas and rips the heart out of the boy's chest. Eli's body is left unconscious and darkness gathers over him consuming him. Whirlwind turns back into his human form. He mutters, "Tiessa, I know you are watching this and this means that you are next."

Tiessa wakes up screaming the next morning. The sun's bright rays hit her sweating face. She gasps, "What a wierd dream."

Last edited:

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Chapter 28: Dusk Manor

Tiessa gets ready for her daily routine. She gets out of bed, picks out her clothes from the closet, walks over to her bathroom changing into her clothes, and walks out of the bathroom after she places her red hairbow into her orange hair. Tiessa walks over to her Maghony dresser and takes out her Wand Keyblade. She grabs it and heads for the door.

Tiessa walks down the stairs, but she stops as soon as she sees Christian talking with Chester. Chester smirks, "So, you've heard about those Nobodies showing up at Dusk Manor?"

Christian replies, "Yeah, I have. I've been assigned to go there today to eliminate them."

Tiessa walks down the stairs asking, "Where's Dusk Manor and what are Nobodies?"

Chester answers her question with a sarcastic remark, "It's neart that giant oak tree with the large sidewalks with the drawings on it. You sure are a genius for not knowing where that is."

Tiessa rolls her eyes. She looks over at Christian asking, "So, you've got a mission there? Why?"

Christian smirks, "That's none of your business, pipsqueak." He turns from Chester and walks off with his Strikers in hand.

Chester looks at her and jokes, "Christian is going to get his butt whoped over there."

Tiessa stares at him, "What? Why do you say such a thing? I thought you were his sidekick."

Chester laughs, "Sidekick? As if, I'm only helping him, because I want him gone. You know, we aren't really that close. You and Christopher are the only idiots in this castle to think that we're actually close. Besides, I hope he turns back into Marluxia again." He walks off.

Tiessa sits on the stairs. Whirlwind and his two partners pass her by. Terror looks down at Tiessa yelling, "Get up, you have work to do!"

Tiessa fearfully gets up. She goes report to the big bulky man that always sticks with Terror and Whirlwind. He is handing our missions today. The man gives Tiessa a glare and then gives her a white envelope. He says to her in a quiet voice, "Inside it is your mission for today."

Tiessa grabs the letter from his clammy hand and walks off to the parlor to read it alone. It says, "Dusk Manor. Today, you'll be working with Christian." She sighs, "Great, I have a mission with somebody I don't even like. I hope he doesn't chew my head off."

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
Hehe, another interesting chapter. Nice cliffhanger at the end.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Chapter 29: Crush

Tiessa runs outside to the courtyard to meet with Christian. Christian stands in the middle of the large boulders surrounding the castle. Tiessa sighs, "I'm glad you are here. Now, lets go to the Dusk Manor."

She runs to the Tiffany glass gates to exit the castle. Tiessa looks back at Christian asking, "Come on, let's go to the Dusk Manor?" Christian sighs and walks over to her, "Fine, let's go!"

Christian and Tiessa exit the castle courtyard. They walk on the rocky bridge, which is on top of lava. Tiessa drops the bridge's floor and grabs her screaming, "Not again!"

Christian stops to look at her. He rolls his orchid eyes at her. Christian asks in an annoyed tone, "Will you stop acting?!"

Tiessa stares up at him grabbing her head. She yells, "I'm not acting, Christian. You got to help me!"

Christian rolls his eyes again and walks off. He leaves the bridge with the girl still in agonizing pain. Tiessa can no longer handle the pressure to her head. She screams, "Why I am in this pain? Someone has gotta help me." Tiessa's hands fall off her head and she collapses to the floor of the rocky bridge passing out.

Chester had heard her scream. He runs to her side picking up the girl. Chester picks up the girl and takes her to her room. He puts her into her bed. Chester sits on the dirt-covered floor in her room next to her bed. He is sweating prefusely and his hair is more frizzy now. Chester breathes deeply and looks at Tiessa sighing, "I'm glad you're okay."

Tiessa doesn't respond to him. She is laying in her bed not moving an inch. Chester gets up and pulls a pink quilt over the girl. He bows lowly to the girl and gives her a little kiss on her left cheek. Chester says to her before leaving her room, "I hope you recover. Don't worry I'll help you regain your memories and restore you completely."

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Chapter 30: Underlings

Meanwhile, back at the Castle That Never Was, Lexi is turning in his sleep. He falls off of his bed on the cold concrete floor. Lexi wakes up groaning in pain. He sighs sweating heavily, "Man, it was only a dream. I can't believe I saw him again. My old best friend."

Suddenly, the door opens, a cold voice yells, "I thought I told you to get to sleep!"

Lexi looks up to find the owner of the voice. He sees the figure, a tall man with green hair and black eyes. Lexi gets up standing up to the figure's waist. He sighs, "I'm sorry about that, Xiper."

The man glares at him yelling, "You better stop with the racket or I'll tell Xemnas to eliminate you. You know, we Underlings don't matter. Xemnas would get rid of us in an instant."

Lexi goes back to his bed. The man closes the door quietly still glaring at the orange-haired boy. Lexi slouches down in his bed. He thought to himself what was the difference between the higher-up Nobodies and the 'Underlings'. Underlings were people that had lost their hearts to the darkness and had retained their human appearance. They were most likely like the Organization Members, but Xemnas would just recognize their existence.

One time, Lexi had gone into the Round Room to ask Xemnas what an Underling was and why he didn't have a title like the other Nobodies. Xemnas just looked down at the boy from his high throne. He laughs, "You, Underlings don't deserve to be amongst us. You have shown nothing to be part of our group. Underlings are only meant to serve alongside the Dusks."

Lexi sighed and walked out of the room. He bumped into a young brown, spiky-haired boy with green eyes. The boy smiled at Lexi, "Why the long face?"

Lexi just glared at him wierdly. "Why are you so happy, Dixie?" Dixie smirks at Lexi, "Cheer up, why are you sad?"

Lexi sighed, "Xemnas said that we are Underlings and our existence is not meant to be. That we aren't meant to be part of the Organization."

Dixie just smiled even more. "Ah, don't listen that grouch, he doesn't know what he's talking about. He only says that, because he just doesn't want to loose another member. That's why he refuses to accept us."

Lexi glared at him with curiousity, "What? What do you mean another member?"

Dixie smiled even more, "Didn't they tell you about Axel, Roxas, and those annihilated at Castle Oblivion years ago?"

Lexi's eyes opened. He yelled, "What are you talking about? Who were they?" Just then, Xiper walked in and grabbed Dixie before he began talking. He looked back at Lexi, "That is none of your business, Lexi. You should get ready for your mission. We need you to scout out the new world, so that the higher-ups can explore it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back