• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

painting is hard aka butts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Anatomically, the top of the ear that's connected to your head starts at eye level; yours looks like it's at the eyebrow. The reason the ear looks off is because of that, and in consequence of this, it means the earlobe should be closer to mouth level.

So just moving the ear down a bit should make it look better.

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I'm curious what you used to make both Bisharp and the Man with the messed up ear. [His ear doesn't look that bad. Somewhat off is all.]

I use Photoshop CS6, not much of a secret. I've been messing around with a bunch of brushes lately for fun so I don't exactly remember what I used to paint those two; I believe I was using an "oil paint" brush though.

spreaking of experimenting with brushes:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I think i'm really growing to like chisels. Also I can't ink for shit ):

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Are you kidding? The very bottom panel with the sophisticated man in a business suit looks top notch, and done well in ink. :)

I also like the superhero on the right hand corner above the sophisticated looking man too. It caught my immediate attention.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I feel like actually drawing in pen/ink brush first helps me out somehow. i actually hadn't had a long drawing session for a while and i kind of forgot how much you learn by just sitting down and drawing for a long time

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I like the dinosaur skull and some of the armored helmets. Usage of the pen makes them easier to see and standout too. C: Drawing is quite relaxing, at least, if it's something you like drawing.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'm amazed you done all that in ink. I like all the knight helmets. =D

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

The sad part is I could be a lot better now if i'd had access to better resources and had worked harder ): but what's past is past. just gotta work harder from now to catch up for lost time

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Wow, even if you think you could be better I think your doing pretty damn good. The difference in quality of the time gaps is quite large.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
one thing i like about your art is that you draw eg. armor very realistically and that is something i dont see that often

keep it up, you have improved a ridic amount
not only in 7 years, i can see positive changes during the past 6-7 months too

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
A big difference between the two guys in armor. Even with the gap of 7yrs, you've improved a lot in that time. That armor is boss. <3

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
attachment.php

I wish this wasn't the actual resolution I painted at but unfortunately it was lol

just putting into practice some of the ctrlpaint exercises I did for a little bit. i actually have no idea how to render hair at all and as if that wasn't enough i didnt notice the spacing on my brush messed up my transition on it. that and i still dont really understand how noses sit on the face that well so the drawing has a couple of issues. oh well '3'

Gram

Banned
Awards
The hair and nose aside I think it's still pretty decent, especially if your just starting those exercises. It's more than I can do with paint. xD

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
51rLAR0.jpg

the fact that i still cant get eyes to be symmetrical pisses me off to no end but at least this was fun to do still

reference is the best when your visual library is small as hell

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think your eyes look pretty good, certainly more consistent than what I get. Also love the drawing over all, is he original?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
thanks br0

i used a reference for the army uniform, everything else is original

Gram

Banned
Awards
So that's why the uniform seemed vaguely familiar. I'd also like to say I'm particularly fond of the style you drew him in, especially the face.
It reminds me of something though I can't place what yet.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I recognize her from the images. =O It's very good! Lip stands out to me a little though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back