• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

painting is hard aka butts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I've actually been a little more productive since deciding I'll just practice values with black and white for now. this study was something a little more ambitious I was doing than anything previously and I liked the way it's been turning out. I dunno if I'll finish it but I'll definitely do a lot more of these.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

i thought i had posted this earlier but apparently not

just me messing around with values on faces of different colors for fun

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Ugh, these make me want to brush up on my digital art so bad. Neat stuff, Wehrmacht. What tools are you using (besides Painter)? Any specific tablet?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I really enjoy the variety of brushes in Painter and the interesting effects you can get with them, but for painting I much prefer using Photoshop because I understand the program better. I think having a good knowledge of photoshop is pretty good regardless of what program you choose to use (sai, painter, firealpaca, what have you), it's a really important program to get familiar with. As for the tablet I just use a Wacom Bamboo, which is like a beginner tablet without that many bells or whistles, but for practice/learning and general art it works pretty well. The tools don't matter nearly as much as your personal kill. You really don't need anything too much better unless you are a professional in which case you'd probably invest into an Intuos or something. I'm interested in getting my hands on a Monoprice since it's cheap and I've heard good things but it's a relatively luxury to me at this point since I don't really need it.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

i put a bit more effort into fine-tuning the edges on this one and i learned that i don't know how to use multiply properly because i'm retarded

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Ooo Creepy~ Reminds me of the character from Spirited Away.

I really enjoy the variety of brushes in Painter and the interesting effects you can get with them, but for painting I much prefer using Photoshop because I understand the program better. I think having a good knowledge of photoshop is pretty good regardless of what program you choose to use (sai, painter, firealpaca, what have you), it's a really important program to get familiar with. As for the tablet I just use a Wacom Bamboo, which is like a beginner tablet without that many bells or whistles, but for practice/learning and general art it works pretty well. The tools don't matter nearly as much as your personal kill. You really don't need anything too much better unless you are a professional in which case you'd probably invest into an Intuos or something. I'm interested in getting my hands on a Monoprice since it's cheap and I've heard good things but it's a relatively luxury to me at this point since I don't really need it.

I have the Intuos 4, unfortunately I'm not fluent in it. Just trying to get an idea of what everyone's using. I'll have to post some of my things, but I can not do clean lines to save my ass. :<

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
doing clean lines is very very hard, i'm still training to do it myself. you have to use your whole arm and also try to be as loose as possible, but even then making the right line is hard for me a lot of the time. i just have to put more time into it :p

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
kbA9EEy.jpg

posting this solely because i like how the dragon at the top ended up

skulls op

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I really like both dragons. Especially the one beneath the top. It looks realistic and top of the line for a sketch. I also like the skull on the far right top corner. Including the person on the right with horns sticking out. It'd be great to see these finished. C:

Turn

(&#65417;&#9685;&#12526;&#9685;)&#65417;&#65374;&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
you are constantly improving it's iNSANE

that first dragon's head we see to the upper middle is the most standout to me. i dig da shape.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

My attempt at taking notes on what I've learned about eyes, though i'm honestly not qualified to teach anyone much lol

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
From the looks of it, I'd say those are some good pair of eye balls you've drawn. I think hands and feet are the most diffcult for myself to draw. I haven't experimented enough with eyes, but, I like how described what you were doing. :3

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

in during i don't know how to blend properly

It feels nice to be painting again though

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
The ear is somewhat off. It looks too far up the head and too small.

Other than that though it's pretty nice

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Bisharp reminds me a little of Casshern and Mega Man. It looks extremely good and unique with the black, white and grey. [Finally, I can see your photo.] I'm curious what you used to make both Bisharp and the Man with the messed up ear. [His ear doesn't look that bad. Somewhat off is all.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back