• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Of Xehanort, the Unknown, and the "Guardian"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
Wow. It has been quite awhile since I had made Thread on KHI, much less a KH theory, but that’s justified since there was a KH news shortage for quite awhile. Now, I’m back and more thoughtful than ever. Now, let’s talk about the BbS Unknown, an entity I haven’t heard much talk about lately, although I haven’t been on KHI for quite a while.

He seems to have powers over time, and various other techniques used by the final bosses of the series. What we need to know is his identity, but there is very little info on the MF that we all keep drawing a blank. The MF’s identity isn’t the only thing we have to solve. We also might need to figure out how the MF got the powers that he did, how he survives, and his role Nomura gave him to play. However, I might have found some connections that will help us figure out the MF’s identity with what we have at the moment. This theory may seem to be a bit of a shot in the dark, but it does keep up with the consistent patterns that have occurred throughout the series.
Let’s start with the abilities of our emphatic entity:

- Mega Flare, the ultimate magic command in BBS (or at least in the Japanese version) and a Magic Sleight Sora used in CoM
- Raging Storm, the magic command exclusive to Aqua in BBS, and a magic Sleight Sora used in CoM
- Tornado, another magic spell
- Doom, yet another magic spell
- X-Blade attack
- Time Magic
- Etc.

From this, and the No Name Keyblade, we can assume that MF is an avid magic user. Now, who do we know who seems to excel in magic and who had some sort of connection or preference to the X-Blade? The candidate… is none other than MX himself. After all, Nomura did say that the MF had ties to MX, although we don’t know what sort of ties. Plus, in the Re: Coded secret ending, Yen Sid even states that we might have to Xehanorts running around.

Yen Sid said:
Tell me, would a single one of you suffice if what you faced was not a single one of him?

Now, assuming that the MF is a part of Xehanort isn’t that bit of a stretch. However, I’m not saying that the MF is MX’s Nobody like the majority keep spewing out. What I am going to spew out is that Xehanort might not have been the original whole being that Eraqus was once friends with.
Think of what MX says in his letter to Eraqus…

MX’s Letter to Eraqus said:
I did you terrible harm in the past over a petty difference in opinion, and just a few years ago selfishly thrust my own burdens upon you. I think of you like a younger brother, and yet, fool that I am, I have never availed myself of countless opportunities to apologize or thank you for opening your home to the boy. Yet not once have you blamed me; on the contrary, here you are inviting me to such an important ceremony. I intend to be there to offer you all my blessings.

Why would Eraqus forgive MX so easily? Even MX is shocked at this. Plus, Eraqus thought MX let go of that X-Blade fantasy, even though Eraqus should have known better. Eraqus even attacks his former classmate as if Eraqus doesn’t believe that MX is who he claims to be, but that his friend is being controlled by some other being. There is only one explanation to this… This “Xehanort” truly is not the same man Eraqus knew, or at least not entirely. Another piece of evidence is that Xehanort means “No Heart” and “Another”.

What does this have to do with MF? Actually, it has quite a lot to do with him. I actually believe that the MF is the suppressed essence of the original being of Xehanort. So I can avoid referring to the original being with terms like “The Original Xehanort” and “The Original MF”, I’m going to call him Xine, which is Enix spelled backwards so as to compliment the name Eraqus.

Now, let’s start with how Xine ended up becoming Xehanort, and why the MF exists. The answer to this can be found with Xehanort’s obsession with the X-Blade and the apparent obsession with a balance between light and darkness. I say that while Xine also had an obsession with the X-Blade, Xine was the being that truly wanted a balance between light and darkness, unlike MX who only used that as an excuse to get Terra to help him and become his vessel. Thus, I assume that Xine tried to forge the X-Blade himself.

However, as one might expect, this did not work. Why? Form the Xehanort Reports, Xine stated the following:

Xehanort Report 2 said:
Our Master instructed us to don armor while traveling between worlds, so that we might shield ourselves from the darkness. But there, in the Lanes Between, I could feel the force of it—the power—and from then on, I forwent my armor's "protection." I had been told the darkness would devour me, but what terrors could it possibly hold, so long as I found the strength to control it?

Due to this, when Xine split his heart into one of light and one of darkness, just like MX did with Ventus and Vanitas, the dark half of Xine’s Heart overtook the light half. Instead of making the X-Blade, this allowed the dark half of Xine to become dominate and it underwent the gusie of “Xehanort”. However, unbenoist to Xehanort, the light half of Xine lived within Xehanort’s Heart as the MF. Due to this, Xehanort’s “Guardian” was given a Heartless-like appearance. This also explains why the MF has an X-Blade attack.

Now you might want to ask what Xehanort’s Guardian has to do with all of this, and how come MF could appear and fight TAV with time related powers. Well, let’s just say that the appearance of both Xehanort’s Guardian and the MF was achieved using the same method: Astral Projection. Basically, astral projection is the art of a spirit temporarily leaving the body to go to another place, world, or time. This is why MF seems to have powers over time. In reality, MF is just projecting himself in a different time, and apparently rewinds time by traveling to another point in time to rest, and then going to an earlier moment in TAV’s time. This is actually similar to when Riku projected himself to Kairi while being controlled by Ansem SoD in the first game.

Now, as to why MF traveled and fought TAV, it is because he saw the fight between Xehanort and those three through the eyes of MX. When Terra and Ventus got taken over, and the X-Blade was forged, it seems like MX had won. Thus, MF went back in time to attempt to destroy the three wielders. This murderous intent is reflected in MF’s battle theme, “Dark Impetus”. I thank KH-x-3 for starting the thread titled “Birth by Sleep MF Fight Music – “Dark Impetus””, which helped pitch the idea for MF’s malicious intent.

I wouldn’t say that MF’s reasoning for wanting to do this is necessarily evil though. In fact, destroying TAV could accomplish quite a bit. If that happened, MX would be unable to forge the X-Blade with Ventus and Vanitas, MX wouldn’t have Terra’s body as a vessel for himself, and Vanitas couldn’t use Aqua for a backup plan. However, MF ended up being beaten by the three, and from there on, all MF could do was hope that this fight prevented MX from forging the X-Blade and taking over Terra’s body. It didn’t work.

Now, I shall explain why Xehanort’s Guardian is using Astral Projection to make himself appear. From what we see when Aqua enters Terranort’s Heart, we don’t see Xehanort guarding Terra, but rather the Guardian. This leads me to believe that Xehanort’s “Guardian” is the actual form of Xehanort when outside his body. Another thing to support this is that whenever you face Ansem SoD, the Guardian is usually doing the work and launching the attacks. This could also be why MX needed Terra to unleash his darkness before he could take over the body. His existence depends on darkness, just like the "Guardian" is a being of darkness.

I also believe that Xehanort (as a “Guardian”) and MF each have a role in influencing Ansem SoD and Xemnas respectfully, but I’ll put that in a separate post in this thread. Until then please read and review.

EDIT: Can someone please reply? I can't post the Xemnas thing if no one responds to this. That would be double posting.

Last edited:

State

Awards
Posting so you can post about Xemnas. Also, the theory is interesting. Nice job. :>

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
The connection of the Guardian and MF by astral projection kinda seems really out there but it's a possibility.

billyzanesucks

Your whole theory is based on some loose connections based on a few of the enemy's moves. The MF uses several attacks from many different characters, so that he could use the X thing is no surprise, and using strong magic attacks has nothing to do with it. "Astral projection" is pretty irrelevant. You didn't really expain how or why that would happen, basically just saying "he traveled through time" and slapping a name on it. You never explained why the X-Blade wouldn't be created and forge their hearts. If you're going to say that he's MX for just those reasons, I could just as easily say that he's Ven because he uses Tornado and holds his weapons backwards.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
If Xine is still a part of MX, then that means he would reside within Apprentice Xehanort, making a 4th being and the possible reasons Xemnas wields similar weapons

i have evidence regarding the number 13 and the marks on the MF's weapons if it helps the theory at all.

Firaga013

I thought maybe the Unknown was somebody's nobody. I mean Eraqus lost his heart, where's the nobody? Same thing with Xehanort.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
But Kairi got a nobody and that's a similar situation...

its sort of different.. because kairi was inside sora and when she came out namine was created from the heart leaving the body.. something like that. if this is the case, that means when eraqus and xehanort are released from terra they may create special nobodies.. which could be one of the allies of MX in KH3

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
Your whole theory is based on some loose connections based on a few of the enemy's moves. The MF uses several attacks from many different characters, so that he could use the X thing is no surprise, and using strong magic attacks has nothing to do with it.

This theory isn't solely based on MF's attacks. The preference of magic attacks is just one parallel, as is the X-Blade thing That was probably symbolic for power, and the X-Blade is supposed to supply the user with lots of power. Thus, it is possible that the MF at least is/was somehow involved with the X-Blade fiasco.

billyzanesucks said:
"Astral projection" is pretty irrelevant. You didn't really expain how or why that would happen, basically just saying "he traveled through time" and slapping a name on it.

I did. I mentioned that Riku did something similar in KH1 while being possessed by Ansem SoD. Plus, I even said that MF traveled back in time to kill TAV and prevent MX from winning. Not only that, but it would make much more sense than the MF having absolute power over time.

billyzanesucks said:
You never explained why the X-Blade wouldn't be created and forge their hearts.

Once again, I said that too. Xine didn't use his armor in the Lanes Between, thus exposing him to more darkness, and leading to Xine's darkness, A.K.A. Xehanort, being more powerful than Xine's light, A.K.A. the MF. As you know, the X-Blade needs a heart of light and a heart of darkness to be equal strength in order to form the X-Blade. In this case, the light and darkness of Xine's Heart were not equal.

billyzanesucks said:
If you're going to say that he's MX for just those reasons, I could just as easily say that he's Ven because he uses Tornado and holds his weapons backwards.

That could also be possible, but with the Ethereal Blades, and the magic preference, it's more likely to be related to some form of Xehanort. Anything else to counter my argument?

billyzanesucks

This theory isn't solely based on MF's attacks. The preference of magic attacks is just one parallel, as is the X-Blade thing That was probably symbolic for power, and the X-Blade is supposed to supply the user with lots of power. Thus, it is possible that the MF at least is/was somehow involved with the X-Blade fiasco.
He has many more attacks than Xehanort from many different people. So he's powerful because he was involved with the X-Blade, even though he never actually touched it?
I did. I mentioned that Riku did something similar in KH1 while being possessed by Ansem SoD. Plus, I even said that MF traveled back in time to kill TAV and prevent MX from winning. Not only that, but it would make much more sense than the MF having absolute power over time.
I meant how or why he would be able to do it. And I was sort of referring to the part about traveling through time. As for Riku, I always sort of thought that was just his moving heart, but I guess they're pretty much the same thing in this series. It seems like you're basically saying that he moves his heart through time, yet you don't explain why he and no one else, not even his dark counterpart, can do the same thing. Come to think of it, Ven should have been able to do the same thing, and MX should have been able to spawn Unversed, too.
Once again, I said that too. Xine didn't use his armor in the Lanes Between, thus exposing him to more darkness, and leading to Xine's darkness, A.K.A. Xehanort, being more powerful than Xine's light, A.K.A. the MF. As you know, the X-Blade needs a heart of light and a heart of darkness to be equal strength in order to form the X-Blade. In this case, the light and darkness of Xine's Heart were not equal.
Fair enough. I think I actually missed that part, lol. It's hard to get through some of these long theories without skipping some things. Still, you would think that some similar factors would have come into play with Ven and Vanitas after a few years, like when Ven attached himself to Sora. I was always under the impression that both sides gathered strength from each other and always keep them equal, ensuring that the X-Blade would be created. MX never seemed too worried about it. Besides, I don't think light and darkness really have an affect on the strength of the heart itself. In KHI, Riku used the darkness to make himself physically stronger, but his dependance on it weakened his heart and made the keyblade choose Sora.
That could also be possible, but with the Ethereal Blades, and the magic preference, it's more likely to be related to some form of Xehanort. Anything else to counter my argument?
I think it is, too. I'm just saying you used a poor basis for it.

Also, the anagrams were said to refer to his heartless and nobody, Ansem and Xemnas. Him changing his name to "Xehanort" doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
After all, Nomura did say that the MF had ties to MX
I don't recall that.

Why would Eraqus forgive MX so easily? Even MX is shocked at this. Plus, Eraqus thought MX let go of that X-Blade fantasy, even though Eraqus should have known better. Eraqus even attacks his former classmate as if Eraqus doesn’t believe that MX is who he claims to be, but that his friend is being controlled by some other being. There is only one explanation to this… This “Xehanort” truly is not the same man Eraqus knew, or at least not entirely. Another piece of evidence is that Xehanort means “No Heart” and “Another”.
Eraqus doesn't really have a filter for who he pulls his keyblade out on. I mean, he was about to kill Ven.

Now, let’s start with how Xine ended up becoming Xehanort, and why the MF exists. The answer to this can be found with Xehanort’s obsession with the X-Blade and the apparent obsession with a balance between light and darkness. I say that while Xine also had an obsession with the X-Blade, Xine was the being that truly wanted a balance between light and darkness, unlike MX who only used that as an excuse to get Terra to help him and become his vessel. Thus, I assume that Xine tried to forge the X-Blade himself.

However, as one might expect, this did not work. Why? Form the Xehanort Reports, Xine stated the following:

Due to this, when Xine split his heart into one of light and one of darkness, just like MX did with Ventus and Vanitas, the dark half of Xine’s Heart overtook the light half. Instead of making the X-Blade, this allowed the dark half of Xine to become dominate and it underwent the gusie of “Xehanort”. However, unbenoist to Xehanort, the light half of Xine lived within Xehanort’s Heart as the MF. Due to this, Xehanort’s “Guardian” was given a Heartless-like appearance. This also explains why the MF has an X-Blade attack.
Heart-splitting creates two hearts out of one, thus leading to the possibility of the existence of Unversed.

Now you might want to ask what Xehanort’s Guardian has to do with all of this, and how come MF could appear and fight TAV with time related powers. Well, let’s just say that the appearance of both Xehanort’s Guardian and the MF was achieved using the same method: Astral Projection. Basically, astral projection is the art of a spirit temporarily leaving the body to go to another place, world, or time. This is why MF seems to have powers over time. In reality, MF is just projecting himself in a different time, and apparently rewinds time by traveling to another point in time to rest, and then going to an earlier moment in TAV’s time.
There's nothing we know of that makes MF special enough to the point where he can control time, however. Ven/Van never received those powers as a result of heart-splitting.

This is actually similar to when Riku projected himself to Kairi while being controlled by Ansem SoD in the first game.
Riku wasn't actually "there" as MF would've been, nor did Riku show any signs of having the ability to control time.

Now, I shall explain why Xehanort’s Guardian is using Astral Projection to make himself appear. From what we see when Aqua enters Terranort’s Heart, we don’t see Xehanort guarding Terra, but rather the Guardian. This leads me to believe that Xehanort’s “Guardian” is the actual form of Xehanort when outside his body. Another thing to support this is that whenever you face Ansem SoD, the Guardian is usually doing the work and launching the attacks. This could also be why MX needed Terra to unleash his darkness before he could take over the body. His existence depends on darkness, just like the "Guardian" is a being of darkness.
That doesn't quite explain Guardian's existence, nor do I see the correlation between its existence and MF's existence. If I'm reading this right, wouldn't Guardian share at least a few similarities of MF?

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
The unversed were Vanitas' fledgling emotions that disappeared when he did. What's to say that the exact same kind of creature would spawn from MX if he had undergone heart splitting?

it would probly only work if the other half of MX is pure darkness but i feel that the unversed are something unique to vanitas.

CyanSwett

Umm, very interesting theory, but you express some points on it that I don't share, and that is related to Xehanort's "Guardian". Okay, you say that it could be this "Xine" possessed by the darkness of MX, right? Well, I think you are over-thinking (but in a good way). We all know that Nomura makes the story very confusing sometimes, but come on, I don't think is THAT complicated. When I first fought Terranort in the final chapter with Aqua, and then in the second stage of the final battle when I saw the Guardian appearing, I understood it all: "The Guardian is Terra's heart filled with darkness controlled by MX". What else could it be? Terra's heart and body had been recently possessed by MX, and this guardian was a projection of Terra's heart that MX intended to use to kill Aqua.

Proofs, you might say?

- First of all, the context. Aqua encounters Terranort, and the last battle was about releasing Terra's body and heart from xehanort. "My name is master Aqua, now return my friend's heart, or pay the price!".

- In the second stage of the battle, we see a little cutscene where Terranort releases this Heartless-like monster, "the guardian". And then, in the "information" it says, "Defeat Xehanort and his shadowy other". Another thing that called my attention was that in the first part of the battle Terranort fought phisically, with the Ars Solum and all that terrible stuff, and in the second part he just uses his "shadowy other" to attack Aqua basically. In exception, we see Terranort using Ars Solum, BUT If you look very closely, MX hides "the guardian" in that moment. Why? It's logical, because he took over Terra's body and heart just recently, and he doesn't has all the control over him, that's why MX focuses all his being on controlling the guardian. Why not use the guardian AND attack Aqua in the same time to have a better result? There you have the answer.

- Finally, when Terranort has like 1 Bar of HP, there is this possibility that you may enter a strange realm, where there is "the guardian" trying stop you from reaching the bottom of the place, because after it, there is Terra. This part is a Metaphor, explaining that where Aqua really enters is Terra's heart which is filled with darkness (represented by the guardian), but in the bottom there is always a glimmer of light, which was represented by Terra himself. In the end, you use like a Trinity Limit with Terra to "destroy" the shadowy one which was finally Terra's Heart filled with darkness.

That's what I think about "the guardian" of Terranort, that may be the same one from Ansem SoD, which could mean that Terra's heart went to Xehanort's Heartless, but that's another topic.

Sorry if I have some mistakes, but English isn't my mother language :p

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I must say you have a great theory there. I also liked that you named him Xine

billyzanesucks

The unversed were Vanitas' fledgling emotions that disappeared when he did. What's to say that the exact same kind of creature would spawn from MX if he had undergone heart splitting?
it would probly only work if the other half of MX is pure darkness but i feel that the unversed are something unique to vanitas.
It's exactly the same as the Ven/Vanitas situation. There's no reason to think there was anything special about Ven before the heart-splitting. So there's no reason to think that MX would have at least had something if his heart was wholly dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back