• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo's next console

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

metrifyx

I really don't know what to think of this. It's kind of like when the DS was announced and I was like, "How do you use two screens at once ahhhhh! ;A;" but as long as it isn't remote-shaped again, I'll be fine with it.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I really don't know what to think of this. It's kind of like when the DS was announced and I was like, "How do you use two screens at once ahhhhh! ;A;" but as long as it isn't remote-shaped again, I'll be fine with it.

I just hope they show it off at E3 this year, instead of just annoucing it, thats all I care for it, when they showed the NGP system and a game I was amazed at the graphics I was shocked.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
★;5493176 said:
everytime jezza or nevermore are online on psn, i wonder if they judge or look down upon me for playing black ops...

to be fair i pretty much just jump straight on blazblue and don't pay any attention to anything else

/belated reply

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I hope that's not true. If it is, then Sony will have to release PS4 (and a new Xbox would show up) pretty soon and I will need more money + I had just gotten hope up for KH3 on PS3 which would have been epic.

I'm verry intressted in how Nintendo will succed to bring hardcore games back though.
No they won't :/

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
yeah, that remote shape was hideous, it should of been shaped like a bowling ball, much nicer, would just be too hard to grip.

I just hope they show it off at E3 this year, instead of just annoucing it, thats all I care for it, when they showed the NGP system and a game I was amazed at the graphics I was shocked.
yeah, when I saw super Mario sunshine on the gamecube back in 2002 I was in awe, I was like

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Wait so I don't get it...

It's going to have a 6 inch screen on the controller? So its going to be portable as well?

-just heard about it today-

yeah, and it has a built in calculator and can auto play games for you so you don't even have to play them.
:/ Ugh, Nintendo.

I guess no one can say they don't try to be innovative.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
you DO know I was joking right?
About the calculator, yes times a million. But I have actually heard talk of games having an option for the player to drop out and have a CPU play through the level.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
About the calculator, yes times a million. But I have actually heard talk of games having an option for the player to drop out and have a CPU play through the level.
Like donkey kong country returns. It really takes the whole point of gaming and throws it out the window. "oh, you can't get past this level? don't worry, just sit back and we'll beat it for you, not like you PAYED for this or anything"

I miss the 90's.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
you both are thinking about the super guide. its been in both DKCR and NSMBWii, but think of it this way, it allows nintendo to make their games harder while still giving casuals a way get to the end

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
what would you guys think about having a ipad as the controler? I personally think it would be stupid, but it could hold potential, please nintendo if this is true, just show us a mario game or something please!!!

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
No they won't :/

They always want to have the best system and if nintendo release something much more powerfull with a lot of hardcore games Sony gonna release a PS4

I would also hate it if you could only use touch screen as a controller but I guess it will have buttoms as well, kinda like the DS or NGP

metrifyx

yeah, that remote shape was hideous, it should of been shaped like a bowling ball, much nicer, would just be too hard to grip.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but regardless I was talking about ergonomics, not aesthetics. The general feeling of the controller was alright, but the spacing of buttons was just weird. In addition, the nunchuk was annoying; overall there were too many accessories that you had to connect to the remote in order to use the Wii to it's full potential. It was just awkward. A good first step towards motion control, but they can do better this time around.

Though on the note of aesthetics, I reaaally want it to be green. *shot*

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Like donkey kong country returns. It really takes the whole point of gaming and throws it out the window. "oh, you can't get past this level? don't worry, just sit back and we'll beat it for you, not like you PAYED for this or anything"

You're missing the point. It's a sad fact, but difficulty is simply not a selling point for everyone. In the past, when you were stuck somewhere, the solution was going to GameFaqs or getting someone else to beat it for you. The Super Guide just cuts out the middleman; the game itself has a tool to teach you how to become a better player.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
You're missing the point. It's a sad fact, but difficulty is simply not a selling point for everyone. In the past, when you were stuck somewhere, the solution was going to GameFaqs or getting someone else to beat it for you. The Super Guide just cuts out the middleman; the game itself has a tool to teach you how to become a better player.
I still hate it. If you can't beat it, keep trying til you do. That's how it was for me as a kid.

pfft, super guide. What a load of crap.

casual or not, I think it takes out all the fun. But thats just my opinion though.

metrifyx

I guess it's interesting, but how is it useful? Why play games on the controller when you can play them on the TV? It could be for portability, but why would Nintendo make a home console portable when they have their own line of portables? E3 can't come soon enough.

I still hate it. If you can't beat it, keep trying til you do. That's how it was for me as a kid.
When I was little, I got half my daily exercise by running back and forth between the N64 and GameFAQs. Bahahaha. But there's much more accomplishment when you beat it with your own hands, even if not with your own brain. If anything, I'd prefer to see a "hint" functionality. IIRC there was talk of doing that in Skyward Sword a long, long time ago...

Silh

Slippery People
Awards

pfft, super guide. What a load of crap.

casual or not, I think it takes out all the fun. But thats just my opinion though.
Oh, this again.

Super Guide allows developers to make notoriously difficult levels while still drawing in a new audience. It teaches that crowd how to play better. From a marketing standpoint, it makes sense. I don't even understand why you keep whining about it anyway, because if you're such a hardcore gamer the option won't ever even be available to you.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I guess it's interesting, but how is it useful? Why play games on the controller when you can play them on the TV? It could be for portability, but why would Nintendo make a home console portable when they have their own line of portables? E3 can't come soon enough.

When I was little, I got half my daily exercise by running back and forth between the N64 and GameFAQs. Bahahaha. But there's much more accomplishment when you beat it with your own hands, even if not with your own brain. If anything, I'd prefer to see a "hint" functionality. IIRC there was talk of doing that in Skyward Sword a long, long time ago...
eh, nothing really new there, Zelda has always given hints.

Oh, this again.
yep.
Super Guide allows developers to make notoriously difficult levels while still drawing in a new audience.
true true.

It teaches that crowd how to play better.
and to not bother looking for secrets or relying on the fun of figuring out the tips and tricks by themselves.
From a marketing standpoint, it makes sense.
true it does, but it kinda waters down the game. I like figuring out thing for myself and struggling to beat a difficult level, it makes the game last longer and you feel like you got a decent game for your money, but I guess not everyone feels that way.
I don't even understand why you keep whining about it anyway, because if you're such a hardcore gamer the option won't ever even be available to you.
because I just find it irritating, i don't know.
I've never considered myself a hardcore gamer, I'm just a guy who likes playing video games. I just simply think the super guide dumbs down the game, even if it is optional, but it's all just my opinion.

metrifyx

eh, nothing really new there, Zelda has always given hints.

True. I'll have to dig up the interview, but I think they were mentioning it because the game was supposed to have more puzzles and be more strategic, since everyone was complaining how easy the games were. The hint feature came into play because they still wanted to attract new players who weren't as good, and a lot of newer/young players found the games difficult. Not-so-coincidentally, that's exactly what Silh was saying about Super Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back