• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo's next console

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm hoping it turns out to be like the GC in terms of popularity.
The GC sold 19 million worldwide, which is pitiful compared to what PS2 & Wii pulled in.

Anyway, the rumors suggest a more conventional controller except with the addition of a 6 inch touch screen. Wonder what that's for?

darkheart709

Bronze Member
the rumors are sure flying everywhere with wii successor, e3 sure is going to be interesting

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
I MAY get this. I've never been a Nintendo person. I'm more of a Sony guy, but, that's beside the point. As long as they don't surpass the PS4, I'm rooting for Nintendo to make a comeback.

O

Oberon

I personally think they should just stick with the Wii for another two years, and finally make some god damn good games for it, instead of making a new system.
That would be an ideal route, except it's entirely possible the Wii is just technically not capable of having "good" games because the biggest gamer market Nintendo wants to appeal to plays 360's and PS3's. And honestly it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case.

i care when people, i really care about, are about to throw everything away just because of THEIR OWN FEARS. dumbass. how about you use your brain a little bit. i love xiii heartless, and i'm PRETTY SURE he likes me too. i just want to help him.. because, i know he's a good person, and i don't want him to be afraid of people, okay?! i think that with my assistance, he might one day be a better person. do you even think?? or is your brain so full of dumbbonk that you just can't function and use anything remotely close to your brain, apeshit. yeah i have a reputation for not caring, but i really do. i love xiii heartless, and i'll be damned if i let anything happen to him. god DAMM IT
lol'd

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
please keep friend codes please keep friend codes

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Wait so I don't get it...

It's going to have a 6 inch screen on the controller? So its going to be portable as well?

-just heard about it today-

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

It's going to have a 6 inch screen on the controller? So its going to be portable as well?

yeah, and it has a built in calculator and can auto play games for you so you don't even have to play them.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Sounds kind of like Dreamcast's controller.

Samber

Your Mom's Mom's Daughter
Agreed. For a number of reasons, I'll never play a Pokemon game on anything other than a handheld.

Really? I think pokemon on a console would be very interesting, it would make you feel like you're actually in the game. Haha. Especially if the graphics are good. Imagine you're walking around and BAM! Giant onix all over you ready for a fight!

Maybe i'm too much of a poke nerd, but i think that would be awesome :p

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
alright, here is a round up of all the rumors. I took this article straight from Kotaku.

— Nintendo's successor to the wildly successful Wii looks like it's going to be officially revealed at E3 2011—if not sooner—based on numerous reports that the company's next generation console is real, really powerful and already in the hands of video game developers. A flurry of details, none of them officially confirmed by Nintendo, have been leaking left and right after Game Informer first published its story on what its calling the "Nintendo HD." We're rounding up all the rumored details on Nintendo's next-gen console right here, from its crazy controller to its purported hardware specs to its 2012 launch window.
Here's what we've heard—and what everybody else seems to have heard—about Nintendo's next system.

Game Informer kicks the rumor mill into gear with its initial report, claiming the "Nintendo HD" will be unveiled at E3 in June. The system "is capable of running games at HD resolutions," Game Informer writes, and will see a "late 2012 launch." It reportedly won't bear the Wii name.

Kotaku follows up, writing that "we've heard that [Nintendo's] machine will be more powerful than current-gen systems" like the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

IGN adds its own report, saying that Nintendo's Wii successor is "significantly more powerful" than Sony and Microsoft's current consoles. IGN news director Jim Reilly adds "that the console will be backwards compatible with current Wii software" and that an official "pre-announcement" is due sometime in April.

CVG weighs in with its own unconfirmed reports, this time about the system's controller. They say the Wii 2 will "feature a built-in HD screen" and back up earlier reports about the system's horsepower and Nintendo's launch plans.
French site

01net chimes in, saying the Wii 2 is codenamed "Project Cafe" and that its controller will include a touch sensitive screen measuring 6 inches, a front-facing camera and can double as a Wii Remote sensor bar.
01net touches on hardware specifications, claiming a multi-core IBM PowerPC CPU, an ATI R700 series GPU—the Xbox 360's GPU was R500 series based—and "at least" 512MB of RAM.
IGN later adds that "Players will actually be able to stream game content to the controller screen from the console. It's unclear at this time what type of content it will be, whether it's full games you can take with you on the go, mini-games or applications." IGN later posts a mock-up of the system's controller.

Today, Edge weighs in, saying it has its own details on Nintendo's Wii success. "Ubisoft, Activision and Electronic Arts have had development units of the new hardware for months," Edge says. The system features motion control, Edge adds, "with capabilities that are 'better than [PlayStation] Move.'"

Nintendo, for its part, has offered no confirmation and no denial. It "does not comment on rumor or speculation."
Now I'm really excited for this, really really excited, although my wallet is in tears.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Under other circumstances I'd be inclined to point out that these are all rumors, but one thing I've learned from experience is that when a bunch of rumors come out like this right before a big event, there's a decent chance they have some truth to them. We'll have to see.

Awards
I'm sorry, but I don't see the appeal in throwing a screen on your controller.
Either it's for some kind of functionality with the console games or it's a way of making them portable.

If it's the former, all I can think of is shifting my sight back and forth between the television and the controller. If it's the latter, it just seems like a way to tack on money for a portable system that I may not want.

But, who knows.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
might be related to 3ds compatibility

idk i think it's a pretty dodgy idea too

αsiя

space coke
I hope that's not true. If it is, then Sony will have to release PS4 (and a new Xbox would show up) pretty soon and I will need more money + I had just gotten hope up for KH3 on PS3 which would have been epic.

I'm verry intressted in how Nintendo will succed to bring hardcore games back though.

If these rumors are true then I see no reason as to why Square can release KH3 on the next Nintendo console. Also I hope it is true that it will be more powerful than the PS3/360.

Macabre

Gold Member
It's unclear at this time what type of content it will be, whether it's full games you can take with you on the go

If it does this then the console is a definite must buy for me.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I honestly don't care about this next gen system if its true, I won't get it unless there is a game I really really really want, I should of waited on the 3DS, I mean theo nly game I'm playing right now is Pokemon Black and Pilot Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back