• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you be buying the Nintendo Switch at launch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b
Re: 3DS not for kids?

Well it may not affect sales, now that I think about it I wasn't playing video games until I was 7 anyway. But it's still something to note. The system is called the 3DS. Sure you can turn that feature off, but kids aren't going to want to do that. They're going to see '3DS' and get excited about seeing stuff popping out of the screen and the like. I just think Nintendo is being a little too care free about all that. Of course we'll probably hear more talk about it once the commercials start coming out.

I also wonder if it will affect people with bad vision.

ActingDude17

I didn't get my GBA until I was 7. No reason for kids to get a 3DS before that age either.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL

How is this going to affect sales at all? Companies 'advise' teens under 17 not to play M rated games. Do you think this is going to be any different?

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b

How many people do you think are even going to know about this?

A lot. Once people start seeing commercials, Fox, WGN, and others will be all over the thing. New consoles usually get a lot of attention from the media. The media talks about what it does differently, the cost, and what sort of harmful affects it might have on the people using them.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member

I think what The Lionheart meant was how many people do you think are going to care about this?

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Well nobody that is playing games are gonna care, the parents will here it on the news when doctors say that the 3DS is hurting peoples eyes and complain on there children and in 20 years almost everyone bellow a certain age (if 3d keeps growing) will have way worse sight then today. this is offcourse not worse then drinking a lot of coce or eating chocolade and I'll still buy one (and 3 KH games (for a start?))

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

There will always be ignorant parents or kids who can't perceive the danger that will still get this and never read any kind of warning.

All the better, the 'adult' market for handhelds has been relatively small, I think having a console like the 3DS becoming available while also being quite powerful will help to fix some of that and also partially do away with the concept that handheld consoles are just for kids.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

to bad I'm not a little kid lol :D I'm getting the 3DS just because of the graphics that we got to see so far from it it looks so awesome!

jawz

How is this going to affect sales at all? Companies 'advise' teens under 17 not to play M rated games. Do you think this is going to be any different?

Lol GTA for example. or perhaps Gears of War 1+2

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com

there are kids at 3 years old who actually play video games. Not too surprising as i played games when i was around 4-5 ish. My mom would only let me play Mario Duck Hunt at the time, but then i slowly moved to games like Mario, Sonic, Beast Wars, and Vermilion...etc..

Back