• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you be buying the Nintendo Switch at launch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Re: Nintendo 3DS HANDS-ON VIDEO!!!

And woops, I didn't mean the 3D tech is the same as in a theater. That's polarized 3D. In-home and 3DS tech is stereoscopic.

You're right though, it's nooooot holographic. At all. It's an illusion, there is not anything projected outside of the confines of the screen XD

Speaking of Nikkei, guess what they just reported.

Nintendo has packed 3DS with so many features that it's not even promoting some of the major ones. Today's Nikkei detailed one such silent feature: software install.

According to the paper, gamers will be able copy 3DS software to internal memory. Multiple games can be stored with the system in this fashion. You'll be able to switch between games by selecting a title from the system's main menu.

The paper notes that due to this feature, there'll be no need to swap cartridges. When outside of the home, you won't need to carry game cartridges with you.

Nikkei is a financial paper, so it obviously didn't get into the specifics on how this installation system will work. We'll have to wait for Nintendo to provide clarification.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/06/17/3ds_software_install/

Holy poo

PSP Go has been nuked by the 3DS.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

And woops, I didn't mean the 3D tech is the same as in a theater. That's polarized 3D. In-home and 3DS tech is stereoscopic.

You're right though, it's nooooot holographic. At all. It's an illusion, there is not anything projected outside of the confines of the screen XD

Speaking of Nikkei, guess what they just reported.

Holy poo

Holy SHIT ths is a must buy.

Blobbit

Awards

I wonder how they'll prevent the give-the-game-to-a-friend-and-download-it scenario.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

the game registers itself to your 3ds probably so it only recognizes your 3ds and thus can only be installed on that 3ds

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net

I don't see how that's similar at all. It's more like Wii's DRM. Which means it will never work on anything else. Ever. Of course, the homebrew channel ignores that.

Awards

Yup (if this is true).
I would never buy a PSP Go for the simple fact that, being bred on tangibles (Discs, catridges, etc), I just don't feel comfortable with a digital copy alone.
But with that, essentially, it sounds like the hard copy could be used as a sort of back up. That way I could be free of the burden of carrying them around, but also free of the neurotic worry of not having the material game.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Holy poo

Goddamn it's not like there was enough game piracy going on for the NDS. Does Nintendo now want people to do it?

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

∞;5108232 said:
Goddamn it's not like there was enough game piracy going on for the NDS. Does Nintendo now want people to do it?

Just think of everyone that has Gamefly they just made 100times easy, lol. It would be like getting Gamefly for free every month if you copied a DS game.

But Its hard to believe if its true. Would nice because you wouldn't have to carry around DS games if you tons of them.

VagueSimplicity

Awards

Wow, even though I can't see the 3D, I'm sort of convinced. I'm kind of sad that I have to get a new DS though to play KH3D, but it seems like it'll totally be worth it in the end considering some of the other 3DS titles they're putting out there. By the time 3DS comes out anyway, I should have enough money to spare.
I'm still gonna keep my DS Lite since it's the last Nintendo model to play GBA games which is probably the only use I'll have left for it by the time 3DS comes out. This makes me even more glad I didn't waste my money on the DSi. It was only a matter of time before something this innovative came out from Nintendo.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Re: 3DS not for kids?

Kids will probably still get it. And even if it does bother them that much they could just turn down the 3D or just play it in 2D. Kind of defeats the purpose of a 3DS, but Nintendo knows what they're doing.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

The question is which is worse: Advising that children under 7 shouldn't play in 3D, or comparing your system to the Virtual Boy.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards

I knew it had something to do with damaging the eyes even before the article loaded.

AKA, I'm not surprised. <:

Musical charm

Awww, great, I hope that doesn't apply towards me, by the time the 3DS comes out I'll be 13 years old(wearing glasses).

Back