• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Nomura Art Released to Celebrate Kingdom Hearts' 15th Anniversary

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Re: New Nomura Art Released to Celebrate Kingdom Hearts' 15th Anniversary

Ooh, Sora's got some edge in this picture. I wonder if this could be a reflection of his personality in KHIII?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

Ooh, Sora's got some edge in this picture. I wonder if this could be a reflection of his personality in KHIII?

I like that jawline, it's almost sort of Xehanort-y, haha. He does look a bit more edgy, as long as Sora isn't so ridiculously peppy I think it'd be an improvement :D

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

There's a part of me that thinks Sora feels Vanitas-y in this picture. Could be because I at first thought that was a Flood on his lap. LOL. And maybe that explains his edge.

@Grizzly Glad I'm not the only one, who thought about Pryna and Umbra (and even the demon dog from the Omen trailer) for a moment there...

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards

I think it's the smirk. That's the smirkiest smirk we've seen on him imo

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

There's a part of me that thinks Sora feels Vanitas-y in this picture. Could be because I at first thought that was a Flood on his lap. LOL. And maybe that explains his edge.

Why when Vanitas is his own character? Literally the Orchestra OST is proof lol

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Plot twist that fox is what was inside the box the entire time, it's a special one of a kind dream eater the master created and stored away in the box for just the occasion.

I dunno. A revelation like that can get Disney and Square Enix into trouble for projecting animal cruelty. Though I agree with you that it's definitely a Dream Eater. I have a good feeling that it's Master Ava shape-shifting into a Fox.

Yeah, we've never seen music notes and headphones before

latest

Actually, I was more inclined to believe that the portrait is representative of this "somebody"...

Demyx_KHII.png

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I have been freaking out about this diddlying fox since this morning, and now y'all are talking about Neku and Shibuya being hinted at in this picture?? Like I can't handle all the curiosity hahaha. But yeah. I have no idea what's going on, I want off Nomura's wild ride :p ​not really

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website

Why when Vanitas is his own character? Literally the Orchestra OST is proof lol

I know Vanitas is his own person:) But there's always a chance that the "Vanitas is somewhere in Sora's heart" theory is correct. In which case, maybe something could happen in KHIII--where Sora gets possessed by him (though I guess that could even happen if Vanitas isn't in his heart), or something (temporarily) goes wrong when he tries to release Ven's heart and he ends up with some Vanitas traits, etc.

I mean... I always felt like Xemnas' "You'd better make sure the label matches the content" spiel in DDD never really went anywhere, and something like that could be a good way to make it a thing again.

Though tbh, I really don't think any of that's happening here, or will happen. I was just thinking out loud.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

I like that jawline, it's almost sort of Xehanort-y, haha. He does look a bit more edgy, as long as Sora isn't so ridiculously peppy I think it'd be an improvement :D
It's not just his face, his whole pose looks almost exactly like Geezernort's when he was lounging on that throne at the end of DDD and in the 0.2 intro. I mean, it could just be a callback to the various artworks of Sora on a throne, but still...

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website

@BlackOsprey Now you have me convinced that Lea didn't block Xehnort's heart at the end of DDD--and it secretly went inside Sora, and he's going to be a Nort now. Thanks. <_<

Kidding, friend! Kidding!

But in all seriousness... I do kind of think Sora's going to end up being a Darkness, one way or another. We all know how Nomura loves his plot twists...

And with the people making up the Seven versus Thirteen rosters being a secret until the final clash, I could see this being a thing.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Re: New Nomura Art Released to Celebrate Kingdom Hearts&#039; 15th Anniversary

giphy.gif

That artwork, wow. <3

SomeKHFan

Awards

The main thing I notice about the pic.....is that Sora's shoes are still huge.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

@BlackOsprey Now you have me convinced that Lea didn't block Xehnort's heart at the end of DDD--and it secretly went inside Sora, and he's going to be a Nort now. Thanks. <_<

Kidding, friend! Kidding!

But in all seriousness... I do kind of think Sora's going to end up being a Darkness, one way or another. We all know how Nomura loves his plot twists...

And with the people making up the Seven versus Thirteen rosters being a secret until the final clash, I could see this being a thing.
Honestly I'm more convinced that if the similarities were intentional, it was just meant to contrast the two characters. They are the opposing "king" pieces in Eraqus and Xehanort's chess match, after all. You know, counterparts.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

Man, I read through the entire thread and everyone is pointing out all these little things - meanwhile, I just went "oooh, pretty picture."

This art is fucking gorgeous though, and I really hope it's the boxart. Thrown!Sora is best Sora.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

sora's elbow bothers the hell out of me. besides that, this is some great art.

i mean the arm he's petting the fox with

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

sora's elbow bothers the hell out of me. besides that, this is some great art.

i mean the arm he's petting the fox with
yeah i would like to see the full version with no words and blurry paitings with no cutoff

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

yeah i would like to see the full version with no words and blurry paitings with no cutoff
thats not going to fix his clearly broken arm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back