• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Magic Method: Good or bad?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Panel System Magic vs MP system magic?

• Panel Magic System

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Original MP Magic

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shadow Soldier

I'm proud at the fact that I don't find it difficult like you :D

UnstoppableSound

I'm proud at the fact that I don't find it difficult like you :D

Really? Because aren't you the guy who was too much of a pussy to tackle challenges? Yeah...I remember that (in another thread called "Mission Mode help?". There ya a go, should be easier for your dense mind to find it now). Yeah, that was definitely you. Maybe you should work on your own gameplay, and not make assumptions on how others play before you critique.

P.S
I think it's a little obvious that you blow at the game and probably just rushed through Story Mode (that seems like a safe assumption to me).

S

Shadow Soldier

Really? Because aren't you the guy who was too much of a pussy to tackle challenges?
Really? Because aren't you the guy who was too thick headed, and decided to show off his bawls and freak out on everyone because they're not playing the game the way he thinks it should be made? Ya, I do believe you're that guy.

Yeah...I remember that (in another thread called "Mission Mode help?". There ya a go, should be easier for your dense mind to find it now). Yeah, that was definitely you. Maybe you should work on your own gameplay, and not make assumptions on how others play before you critique.
Oh the irony in this post. THE IRONY! THE IRONY! WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE IRONY!

P.S
I think it's a little obvious that you blow at the game and probably just rushed through Story Mode (that seems like a safe assumption to me).

Well it's not a safe assumption because I did every mission in mission mode available. I have 179 crowns or whatever. I'm not done story mode yet. I'm on day 256. So no, not that obvious. Nice try though :D

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
But the quadcast I had in the Japanese version only allowed me two slots of magic, in the end I gave up and just stayed with the double and triple panels.

Anyway, just wondering, anyone uses auto lock on panel for Days? I got so irritated with it the first time I equipped it.
3 squares for 8 spells is win in my eyes. >_> *shrugs* I just use lots of magic, so it works really well for me.
I can't believe panel magic system is winning. It's too annoying and I have to switch around my magic constantly to accommodate the conditions in each map. I'd rather just have everything available at all times....
Annoying? O-o Try doing missions back-to-back that require similar magic... And you can't say the whole thing of having everything available, because you can have everything available at all times quite easily. I went into a mission once with a supply of Blizzara, Fira, Thunder, Aero, and Cura. o-o Over 5 of each of them. I prefer this system, though, because I often only use 2-3 of the spells at any one time (usually Blizzara+Thunder/Fira) and so I see no need to have every spell at my disposal. I rarely use Aero, since my High Jump isn't good enough yet to take advantage of the Air-Toss status. >>

Anyway, it's not annoying, it just takes time. :3

UnstoppableSound

Really? Because aren't you the guy who was too thick headed, and decided to show off his bawls and freak out on everyone because they're not playing the game the way he thinks it should be made? Ya, I do believe you're that guy.

Oh the irony in this post. THE IRONY! THE IRONY! WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE IRONY!

Well it's not a safe assumption because I did every mission in mission mode available. I have 179 crowns or whatever. I'm not done story mode yet. I'm on day 256. So no, not that obvious. Nice try though :D

What are you talking about? I'm not freaking out because I want people to play my way, I'm freaking out because you're assuming I'm an idiot or something and cannot handle the panel system. Anyway this argument is stupid, and there's no point continuing it. I'm sorry if I got angry or anything.

Igshar: I'm not really the kind of player who would want to take up all my slots with magic (or at least at this point in the game, day 117, every slot releaser possible to get at the point). Lv. Up panels take up approximately 1/3 of my panels, then there's a 4 slot gear, approximately 8-10 abilities, and then magic just barely squeezes in with two Double Lv link-panel-group-things. So yeah, maybe in the future magic won't be a hassle, but right now all I really use us Fira/Fira, and Cure/Cura, and I only have a total of 6 casts.

slymaster16

Ok Ok break it up ladies. Save your flame wars for the PMs.

I like the Panel System. It makes you think, but it also lets you have your own unique customized character with his own fighting style. Its pretty cool, I hope they use panels in KH games in the future.

S

Shadow Soldier

Ok Ok break it up ladies. Save your flame wars for the PMs.
Excuse me? Good job on breaking it up, I'll give that to you, I wasn't going to reply back to him... but I don't like being called I'm a lady. Go fuck yourself dude.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
I'm not really the kind of player who would want to take up all my slots with magic (or at least at this point in the game, day 117, every slot releaser possible to get at the point). Lv. Up panels take up approximately 1/3 of my panels, then there's a 4 slot gear, approximately 8-10 abilities, and then magic just barely squeezes in with two Double Lv link-panel-group-things. So yeah, maybe in the future magic won't be a hassle, but right now all I really use us Fira/Fira, and Cure/Cura, and I only have a total of 6 casts.

Maybe I'm just weird >> I always put my Magic panels in first on the first page and stick all my Level Up panels on page 2, then squeeze in the abilities wherever they fit. Back when I had a small amount of space, I rarely had Dodge Roll on (I rarely use it .-.) and never used Aerial Recovery. Scan and Block were the only two I ever cared to have on, as all the others I see as extra, not-so-necessary ones.

Though yeah, early on it's really difficult to use Magic as a viable offensive strategy. I never had a problem with running out of spells (after I actually got a few panels >>; having just 2 Fires doesn't make magic casting very easy), except for Mission Mode when enemies take no damage from attacks. The Double/Triple/Quad tiles don't actually take up lots of space, so they usually can squeeze their way into the grid for me. :3 I only use 3 spells at a time, since that way I only need to bring one Lv 3 magic and one Lv 2 magic to get all three spells to LV 5. *shrugs* o-o

UnstoppableSound

Excuse me? Good job on breaking it up, I'll give that to you, I wasn't going to reply back to him... but I don't like being called I'm a lady. Go fuck yourself dude.

Actually, for the record, I broke it up due to apologizing. But if you're still going to be a prick about it and "not respond" then so be it, knock yourself out.

I also don't like being called a lady, so keep your mouth skymaster you fool.

S

Shadow Soldier

Actually, for the record, I broke it up due to apologizing. But if you're still going to be a prick about it and "not respond" then so be it, knock yourself out.

I also don't like being called a lady, so keep your mouth skymaster you fool.

Forgot the word "Trying" in "Good job trying"....

Awards
I would have preferred an MP bar. I found myself running out of magic way too often.

WwhiptailwW

I think it was better than the MP system in KH2, but there should have been another way to build up your magic again other than using ethers/elixirs.

Allister Rose

French Lover
the new MP system is original and interesting, but i rather have the original.

the original was much more easier and you can choose any magic spell, unlike the panel system where if you run out of room you cant put more

Amata

Website
fmableach.ipbfree.com
At first I found it annoying, but once I had done a few missions and had a bit more space to work with it grew on me. Even though it's easier just to have an MP Bar, KH2 was way too easy for its own good so I can see why they tried to change it in Days and add a bit of challenge.

The magic was actually useful in Days as well, I use it a hell of a lot more than I ever did in KH 2.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
I really enjoyed the new magic system. Each spell was unique, and the panel system in junction made mission preparations more unique as well. But I hope it remains unique to Days.

Kiwi +

Awards
I really like the new magic panel system..it would definitely make things more interesting and fun to move about..though i think it will stay in Days first and foremost and not in anything else..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back