• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mortal Kombat

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
UPDATED: Gamepro reveals first batch of Mortal Kombat DLC characters —

gameprodlc.jpg

It has been pointed out though that Kintaro is not DLC, he should be available from the beginning.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
KENSHIIII :D!
Oh man. I haven't been interested in the new mortal kombat too much, but jesus, I remember playing a few of the ps2 games and seeing Kenshi appear makes me happy even though I'm not buying this.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Always liked Kenshi. If anybody has the potential to replace Liu Kang as a main character, it's him.

And thank god they got rid of Kintaro's stupid little pony tail. He's much more intimidating when he actually looks like a Shokan. Also I laughed at his Dislikes. lolcats.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
[video=youtube;iw0QV4KG6dk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw0QV4KG6dk[/video]

Best trailer they've released yet. Our first look at the story mode, and there's some quick flashes of people in alternate outfits. But best of all? Johnny Cage.

Zul

Awards
Ah Johnny cage. I was baffled at him not being in MK3, at least they put him in Trilogy.

Brb nut-punch spam.

Zul

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nice to see Smoke at last, the new hair is going to be hard to get used to, but I'm glad he's made it in.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nice to see Smoke at last, the new hair is going to be hard to get used to, but I'm glad he's made it in.

I didn't think that was real, until I stumbled on this.
mortal-kombat-character-list-9.jpg

The full roster, where you can see Smoke and his pretty girl hair, along with what Cyber Sub-Zero looks like. Which is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. And check out Sheeva sitting at the bottom, next to Quan Chi.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Is this game worth getting? Is it hard? can you unlock new characters?

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
hold it can you awenser my question? I only like fighting games where you can unlock new characters.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
MK, or more specifically Ed Boon, is all about unlocking shit. It's pretty much a guarantee you'll have to unlock some (if not at least half) of the characters. If not that, the Krypt will at least let you unlock new fatalities/brutalties/other -alities and alt. outfits.

What I kinda hope for is that the revealed DLC characters will be available on day one, and more would come later, though I somewhat doubt it.

And you know, whoever designed Smoke needs to be fired. I really REALLY hope cyborg smoke is available as an alt. outfit, because I really can't get used to how generic and awful his design is. Which sucks, because I bet he's going to be real fun to play as.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
hold it can you awenser my question? I only like fighting games where you can unlock new characters.

MK, or more specifically Ed Boon, is all about unlocking shit.

unlocking characters is the worst thing to ever happen to fighting games

And you know, whoever designed Smoke needs to be fired. I really REALLY hope cyborg smoke is available as an alt. outfit, because I really can't get used to how generic and awful his design is.

that sounds like most mk character designs

Zul

Awards
It's that new hair, it makes him look like an old man instead of a ninja.

Also, doesn't look like Shao Kahn, Goro, Kintaro, or Motaro are playable like MKT. They might be unlockable as well, but likely they'll be unplayable boss characters.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
unlocking characters is the worst thing to ever happen to fighting games
Because giving players a sense of reward for beating things is a horrible idea.

that sounds like most mk character designs
I would have agreed with you before seeing the level of quality in Netherealm's production art. Their game is stepped up substantially compared to Armageddon, where their production art was pretty much equal to the quality you'll find in KHI's Traditional Media section.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

I would have agreed with you before seeing the level of quality in Netherealm's production art. Their game is stepped up substantially compared to Armageddon, where their production art was pretty much equal to the quality you'll find in KHI's Traditional Media section.

Because, i shouldn't have to play characters I don't really like, just to unlock the ones I do like.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com

fighting games should not be judged by the same standards as an action game

Different strokes, I guess. I don't want my favorite character right off the bat. I want to work to earn him.

so basically you don't understand there is an entirely different mindset to the fighting game community than those of other fanbases

think about how tournament level play is affect by this, and don't feed me that bullshit about the market changing because fighting games still exist to this day because of the "hardcore" players. they buy the game to play other people, not jump through hoops to eventually gain access to a character they actually like. it just places hurdles around playing certain characters and -let's face it- mortal kombat is nowhere near balanced to begin with

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
fighting games should not be judged by the same standards as an action game

so basically you don't understand there is an entirely different mindset to the fighting game community than those of other fanbases

think about how tournament level play is affect by this, and don't feed me that bullshit about the market changing because fighting games still exist to this day because of the "hardcore" players. they buy the game to play other people, not jump through hoops to eventually gain access to a character they actually like. it just places hurdles around playing certain characters and -let's face it- mortal kombat is nowhere near balanced to begin with

Why not? MK's always been different from the other fighters, especially in its heavy focus on story. Easter eggs and unlockables are a huge part of the series' history and appeal. Characters like Smoke, Reptile, and Ermac were all born through glitches that were mistaken as hidden treats. And to be perfectly honest, the tournament players can go fuck themselves. Like MK has ever been a "tournament" game. I know Ed Boon's been consulting tourney players to keep things balanced, but who are we trying to fool? And jesus christ it takes ten minutes to get through an arcade ladder, to unlock a new character (assuming we're keeping things traditional). Do we really have to be spoon fed everything these days? If you're serious about the game, you're going to wind up learning (at least the basics of) every character, so you may as well get something out of it while you do so.

What's funny about this is, we don't know if you have to unlock the fighters yet. We're arguing over speculation. :U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back