• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mortal Kombat

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Is Mortal Kombat worth it? I don't have a mind-set that dismisses Mortal Kombat as a game simply because it is a beat-'em-up game with little depth - I tend to avoid biases - but I can't see past that viewpoint. Is it solely for people who enjoy beating people down online? Is the story worth getting into? Is there a lot of neat little perks in the game to make it worth the retail price?

Zul

Awards
why use sub-zero to teleport. noob saibot and ermac are much better

He's mentioning how CSZ's teleport is sub-par, not how he "uses him to teleport", and that almost sounds like you'd pick a character specifically for the purpose of teleporting, which serves...no purpose without additional combat moves.

got to try cyber sub-zero. dive kick/ice bomb shenanigans abound. sub-zero with a counter is awesome. awful teleport though

He was the next guy I tried after Ermac. His (PS3: -->+[], O ) 2 hit kombo alone did 19% damage and counts as 4 hits.

I still haven't found much to connect that combo to, but anything mixed with that is bound to be devatating. I tried the medium grenade and then hitting them quickly with the combo, the grenade explodes and does damage but doesn't freeze them, leading to 27% damage total.

You're right about the teleport, it "looks" cool but is a lot longer than the graphic would lead one to believe. Any med-level cpu usually hits you with something when you're "reforming", even when the "reform" animation begins, your hitbox is there like you're just standing there.

But, like any teleport, good for those ridiculous boss projectiles.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
why use sub-zero to teleport. noob saibot and ermac are much better

because a character with a teleport can get out of more terrible situations than those without

Is Mortal Kombat worth it? I don't have a mind-set that dismisses Mortal Kombat as a game simply because it is a beat-'em-up game with little depth - I tend to avoid biases - but I can't see past that viewpoint. Is it solely for people who enjoy beating people down online? Is the story worth getting into? Is there a lot of neat little perks in the game to make it worth the retail price?

it's a fighting game, not a beat-'em-up. big difference. there is a story mode, but it's really not worth getting the game just to see. it has all this crap to unlock but ultimately you're just cheating the AI when the game is made for competitive play against other players

I still haven't found much to connect that combo to, but anything mixed with that is bound to be devatating. I tried the medium grenade and then hitting them quickly with the combo, the grenade explodes and does damage but doesn't freeze them, leading to 27% damage total.

the kombo with the ice sword uppercut (2, 1, 1+2 iirc) into freeze blast is pretty much b'n'b.

You're right about the teleport, it "looks" cool but is a lot longer than the graphic would lead one to believe. Any med-level cpu usually hits you with something when you're "reforming", even when the "reform" animation begins, your hitbox is there like you're just standing there.

tried to get bomb/teleport traps going but the teleport is too slow to make it a threat

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
tumblr_ll3ht4EeTb1qjz8cco1_1280.jpg

You just got caged!

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
[VIDEO=YOUTUBE;aaSBkBDcepM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSBkBDcepM[/VIDEO]

idk what people are complaining about

this is so hilarious it's amazing

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
It's just so out of place. He's pretty awesome I'm sure, but of all the characters from that genre of supernatural horror....why Freddy? He can't really hurt anybody who doesn't know his name, and even then he has to do it while they're asleep. Is MK suggesting that this game is just a dream?

Regardless, both his fatalities are badass, and I love "shh" in his grab move. It's clear the development team had alot of fun making him. But this just came so far out of left field, it's hard to take it seriously.

Able_Beard

Banned
I think it's pretty funny. I think they did this because Mortal Kombat is a blood feast type game but has some funny elements it, much like the Freddy movies in themselves.
Also the dream element is perfect! Especially if you think about what we learn in the Campaign.
I do think this should have been a balance for Kratos on the PS3 but ehh.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
The problem here is that people take MK more seriously than they ought to.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
I do think this should have been a balance for Kratos on the PS3 but ehh.

Same. I don't play the 360 version, but the 360 deserves some sort of compensation for all the shit they've had to shovel. No exclusive character, the demo not coming up for them until the last second, and recently Kenshi didn't show up as available for some time after he was due.

And it's not like it'd be hard to figure out who people want as a 360 exclusive character. But oh well, Boon does as he pleases.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Same. I don't play the 360 version, but the 360 deserves some sort of compensation for all the shit they've had to shovel. No exclusive character, the demo not coming up for them until the last second, and recently Kenshi didn't show up as available for some time after he was due.

And it's not like it'd be hard to figure out who people want as a 360 exclusive character. But oh well, Boon does as he pleases.

360 People get to pay $15 for all 4 summer characters while the PS3 people have to pay $5 for each character and I really need this game, im about to order it on Amazon tomorrow. Anyone with this game and a PS3 add me.

Awards
^ You only say that because he's not a video game character. Or... wasn't.

But the remake wasn't even that long ago, regardless of how it did. Besides, he fits perfectly well within the universe. Out of all the things they could have done, this is far from the worst. I find it hilarious, really. In an endearing, stupid way that makes MK what it is.

Also:
the demo not coming up for them until the last second
I just want to say: There's a demo out? I haven't checked since the game came out because well.. there was no need to because I go it. But it definitely did not come out before or even around the same time the game did.

keyblademaster73

i LLLLUUUUVVVVVVVVV this game!!!!!!!!!!!! tis AMAZING!!!! the graphics r EXTREMELY awesome and i luv how everyone looks!!!! :D its my fav mortal kombat game!!!!

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
I wish they went with Freddy's original look, too. The remake's face reminds me of lion or Ron Pearlman as the Beast, it's really weird.

I just want to say: There's a demo out? I haven't checked since the game came out because well.. there was no need to because I go it. But it definitely did not come out before or even around the same time the game did.

Yeah the demo was released for Xbox Live either right before or the day of release for the actual game. If I had to guess, Microsoft just did something to piss Ed Boon off.

Voltron

Silver Member
Mortal Kombat is awesome. Sub-Zero, Mileena, and Ermac are my current best (by that I mean I know their moves the best). I suck at the game though.

I have a friend who plays as Kitana everytime he plays it and ALL he does is do her upper-cut move. Upper-cut followed by X-Ray, followed by her forward stab, repeat. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back