• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

More Vjump Scans

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Ventus and Vanitas remind me so much of the typical and cliche rivals.

- The cool one with his head up his ass (got to admit that pose is arrogant inducing).
- And the normal one who is the underdog.

I think it's amusing he has such a pompous sounding name for someone so young and too-cool-for-school-rebel-who-doesn't-follow-the-rules looking.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
what does DS/vanitas suit mean?
sorry for this stupid question...

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
On the subject of what "Vanitas" means, wikipedia says it's latin for "emptiness" and "vanity" (and it was a kind of symbolic still life painting popular in the netherlands and such, representing the futility of life and all that), but since there's no sources and some people seem to be eager to not believe it:

vanitas (art) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
ArtLex on Vanitas
vanitas - Definition of vanitas | Encyclopedia.com: Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art and Artists
vanitas - Definition of vanitas at YourDictionary.com
Definition of vanitas - Numen - The Latin Lexicon - An Online Latin Dictionary

Online translators may give you different translations for "vanity" and "emptiness" but the fact that vanitas CAN mean those words is indisputable, and IMO it fits.

KHLover916

I did a Latin to English translation of Vanitas and got irritum. Wondering why I got another Latin word I decided to search google for irritum and instantly got a translation saying that it meant nothingness, worthlessness and vanity.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Google has a very messed up translator just so you know.

Tried looking up "I live in a cardboard box" In german just for kicks, I got "I exist in the delivery packages."

With, "Want a stick of gum?" It put, "Want a branch of condoms?" Funny, but not accurate.

State

Awards
i keep getting the same, but vanitas never appears in any of the online translators in google.

if you wrote "vanitas" you would've gotten "vanitas". if you wrote "ヴぁに他s" you would've gotten "Other Ani Vu s".

Absent axel

Vanitas think he is cool by leaning on the shelf.
Good scans, we are two months away from japanese birth by sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back