• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mighty No. 9 (or the game that tried)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
Re: Mighty No. 9 (spiritual successor to megaman being made by inafune+ex-capcom staff)

The fact that Inafune wants to make a Mega Man game without that icky Capcom thing getting in the way is fantastic. The fact that the fans are supposed to fund its creation is not so great. Whatever happened to supporting a game simply by buying a copy when it's released? It's one thing to see this type of thing from Indie devs, but we're talking about a studio founded by friggin' Inafune. I think Kickstarter and IndieGoGo have been highly abused lately.

yeah i guess they just need to shit out a bunch of money to make a game right haha

kickstarter servers multiple purposes:

1) it allows inafune and the development team to not have to put their financial situations in danger.
2) it allows inafune and the development team to be able to generate interest in a title and see how well it'll fair.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Re: Mighty No. 9 (spiritual successor to megaman being made by inafune+ex-capcom staff)

660k so far and.... a whole month left to go. I can't remember the last time I saw a Kickstarter that was rolling in as much money as this one is. Holy shit.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Over 2 thirds already! This thing will probably clear all the stretch goals. I hope it does. I want a PSN etc version. I'll be making my contribution in the next couple days.

Sora424

Banned

this is a game i would love to try out when it finally is available. been a huge fan of megaman since i was very little. the two robot designs look nothing like the megaman boss's so i think we shouldn't worry about capcom at this point.

Awards

So hyped by this, I can't even express it properly.

I can say I'm glad Inafune now has the chance to make the types of games he wants. That must feel amazing from someone so passionate about the video game industry.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Greatest news since ever! The Legend truly does live on, wish I had the spare cash to help fund it. D8 This must happen.

Sora424

Banned

Greatest news since ever! The Legend truly does live on, wish I had the spare cash to help fund it. D8 This must happen.

i know what you mean man i don't even have enough to get groceries, but lucky for us the rate it's going at we wouldn't need to worry. so sit back and let the money flow to them.

856,344 is what they are currently at.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Guys, they've reached $919 692. Time for some celebratin'. :3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

While I have already supported it, I'd love a version for anything other than pc. Portable receives preference too. :) But I'll be happy regardless when I get it come release.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Even if you can't donate, you can still help by spreading it around. Share it with friends, tweet about it, Facebook, Tumblr, Deviant Art, etc.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

It has reached a million dollars.

I'm getting more and more confident in it going multiplatform now.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Really certain it will make its first stretch goal by the end of today and I can see it reaching its final stretch goal before the end of the month.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Yes, I'm thinking they might have to add more stretch goals because I can see the funds more than tripling by the deadline.

-HPANV.png

This was so touching.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

Inafune after this is all done

fUmVM.gif

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

That image really made my day. Thank you so much for sharing it here.

I love how they're on the same rooftop that classic Mega Man stood on in the intro to Mega Man 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back