• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Maleficent and Pete: The KH Team Rocket?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Are they the KH Team Rocket?

• Yes!

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • No!

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Who's Team Rocket?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevVentus

To me in this series Maleficent was never a true competent villain. Xehanort pushed everything about her. Because:
1. She would've never discovered the PoH or even outside worlds if she didn't meet Xehanort.
2. She would've never gotten her lair Hollow Bastion if it wasn't for AX unlocking the Keyhole of Radiant Garden allowing her and the Heartless to run through.
3. Ansem SoD was pulling her strings in KH1 behind the scenes.

After Xehanort was done using her (i.e KH2 on ward) she became a fool that no other Disney villain would work with. But in the games were she was is 'bad ass'(BBS, KH1) she's a pawn of Xehanort.

Anyway I like her BETTER as a joke villain. I find it funny how here the best-of-the-best of Disney's Rough Gallery is a joke.

Hmmm, that's an interesting way to put it.

I would say I agree with the Team Rocket association. Especially since they were actually somewhat menacing when they first appeared in the series. I haven't seen what happens to them in DDD though, so I guess I'll stay hopeful

JazzmanJB

I'd say that the day Maleficent gets some competent help then she'd actually be a threat. But for some odd reason she prefers a crony who, in BBS, proved to have multiple personalities.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
KH Maleficent makes me weep ;A;

There's nothing malefic about her in Kingdom Hearts; she has none percent of the malevolence she has in the movie. None:

You actually get a sense of impending evil from her here, not so much in Kingdom Hearts. They totally kupoed her up. ;_;

MasterZeR0

We need Mortimer instead of Pete. Slightly more competent, and makes a better rival (past bouts over Minnie, etc. etc.)

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Re: KH Maleficent makes me weep ;A;

There's nothing malefic about her in Kingdom Hearts; she has none percent of the malevolence she has in the movie. None:

You actually get a sense of impending evil from her here, not so much in Kingdom Hearts. They totally kupoed her up. ;_;
Although it occurred to me watching that video that Pete is quite a lot like Maleficent's pig servant. "A disgrace to the forces of evil."
It seems she's always been stuck with bumblers for help with her scheming. :x

.Oji

赤いテキスト
Re: KH Maleficent makes me weep ;A;

Although it occurred to me watching that video that Pete is quite a lot like Maleficent's pig servant. "A disgrace to the forces of evil."
It seems she's always been stuck with bumblers for help with her scheming. :x

That she has, and I'm perfectly fine with Pete being a bumbling fool, but also note how coercive and domineering she is with her servants, and how that quality of hers is virtually nonexistent in Kingdom Hearts; everything that made her legitimately sinister in the movie is absent in Kingdom Hearts. ;A;

I don't know why they made her that way—I guess they didn’t want her out-swaggin’ Xehanort. :/

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Yeah but, here's the thing. Okay, Cid and Beat I can see getting watered down a bit; Kingdom Hearts has its fans among the younger kids too, so Square's not going to have mouths running rampant. But those guys are still pretty true to their character; where Maleficent has pretty much been totally altered. Dark elegance? Fine, sure. But where's her cruelty? Where's the hell fire, brimstone and dark honey? She's been turned into a joke, her character in game pretty much nothing like in the movie. Come on, Square used her one line in Birth by Sleep; can't they keep her in character? She's my favorite villain archetype, dark, Gothic elegance.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It's fan fiction time.

And yes, I do mean THAT kind of fan fiction. ;D
She's already dating Jafar in canon.

Pete strikes me as being liable for a heel face turn. Minnie said in BBS he used to be better than this & he is rather lousy at being evil. Throw in his wife & kids for the sympathy bits & we got ourselves a redemption arc.

The big problem with Disney villains altogether is Nomura will never let them be bigger threats than his own creations, even he couldn't create a big bad as charismatic as them to save his life. I'd love to a Disney villain actually be a final boss but we all know it won't happen.

Last edited:

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I guess you could say Maleficent needs to... trim the fat
Csi_miami_yeah.jpg

captain

Bronze Member
I haven't played 3D sooo IDK what they're like in that.. But I definitely wouldn't say Maleficent has done anything like that.. Pete for sure, but that's his thing. He's a bumbling fool....who wants to destroy the universe..

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
That she has, and I'm perfectly fine with Pete being a bumbling fool, but also note how coercive and domineering she is with her servants, and how that quality of hers is virtually nonexistent in Kingdom Hearts; everything that made her legitimately sinister in the movie is absent in Kingdom Hearts. ;A;
I'm assuming we're having this conversation to the exclusion of KH1, wherein that sinister, manipulative quality was the foundation for her relationship with Riku? And BBS, where she was similarly exploitative of Terra's darkness? If so, I agree. I can't understand how she went from playing on the sympathies, jealousies and obsessions of Riku (who is a pretty intelligent person) to great effect, to being incessantly hindered by a mindless sycophant like Pete, whom no one in the series finds remotely intimidating. Why isn't she beating him around with her cane, er, magical lightning powers?

She's already dating Jafar in canon.
But I thought Jafar and Oogy Boogy had a thang goin' down, given that fabulous torture chamber of doom (read: S&M den) Oogy built specifically for their...more heated affairs of the Heart.

Pete strikes me as being liable for a heel face turn. Minnie said in BBS he used to be better than this & he is rather lousy at being evil. Throw in his wife & kids for the sympathy bits & we got ourselves a redemption arc.
Congratulations, you won the scenario writer position. Kindly make this happen, Number One.

The big problem with Disney villains altogether is Nomura will never let them be bigger threats than his own creations, even he couldn't create a big bad as charismatic as them to save his life. I'd love to a Disney villain actually be a final boss but we all know it won't happen.
Kind of like how he won't let the Princesses of Heart do anything aside from acting as idle plot points for the Keyblade heroes, but then that's in keeping with Disney tradition.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Maleficient- Jessie
Pete- James
Pete when he has a good idea that falls apart- Meowth

.Oji

赤いテキスト
Who takes the role of Giovanni? Chernabog?

Xehanort. Bleh.

I'm assuming we're having this conversation to the exclusion of KH1, wherein that sinister, manipulative quality was the foundation for her relationship with Riku? And BBS, where she was similarly exploitative of Terra's darkness?

Including [KH1, BBS], because despite the fact that we’re able to glean bits and pieces of her movie ego in both games, we don’t get enough interlocking pieces to produce the whole picture so to speak. Had she gotten said pieces [qualities], she’d appear more forbidding rather than frivolous, not to mention electrocute Pete for his mishaps a long time ago in KH2.

But that aside, was it you who mentioned something about The Evil Queen teaming up with Maleficent? Because that’ll be pretty dope:

EHGJJ.jpg

Not just The Evil Queen, but also the Horned King—a trio of diabolical personalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back