• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Maleficent´s role in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empress Mitsuru

I do hope Frollo appears again though, I was really disappointed about not getting to fight him in 3D.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm honestly a bit at a loss as to why so many want to fight Frollo so badly...considering how powerful most of the KH characters are this old fart would be no challenge at all.

Even the Clayton fight (which happened at a time when Sora was still a rookie and he had a Heartless to assist) was more challenging than anything Frollo can bring reasonably to the table.

Empress Mitsuru

It's probably because Frollo's one of, if not the most evil Disney villain ever. maybe he could be one of the 13 darknesses and after the first fight with him he turns into a gigantic heartless, same as Scar in KH2.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Heh, yeah, he's more likely to freak out and declare that Maleficent is a gypsy witch. And he'd technically be half-right with that accusation. Really, I'd bet that he'd think that every offworld character is a gypsy, given how unusually most of them dress...
i hope he's revived for that reason alone, every time he sees a new character he yells "GYPSY"

Hirokey123

Awards
Eh he only persecutes Sora as he never calls Riku a gypsy to my recollection. Instead he treats Riku as a normal person but hey what else is new, for some reason Riku is more ordinary than Sora to people. Also in Frollo's defense Sora can actually do magic and immediately manifests a giant keyshaped sword from nothing so...he's not really wrong to think Sora engages in witchcraft. Gypsy also refer to travelers and Sora is pretty much a traveler by definition so like...Frollo was completely on point to call Sora a gypsy. But I agree with Sephiroth in that I don't really see what a Frollo battle would really bring. I mean DDD was pretty much the best possible game for him to appear in because for the most part Frollo is a frail old man, the only thing strong about him was his dream. A world where your dreams can take physical form is pretty much the only place Frollo could ever be a threat to our cast.

But anyway my expectation is that seeing as Xehanort's plot for KH3 pretty much consists of "wait until the heroes come to fight me" that much like KH2 Maleficent and Pete will play the role of the game's primary threat. A person whose main purpose is to make a threat to hinder and derail us from our actual objectives because she's too dangerous to simply ignore. You know like she did in KH2 and Coded just more grandiose. And with all the teases I do expect her to get her hands on one of the copies of the book of prophecies so she can be a serious threat to us (armies of enemies, worlds, powers from the past at her finger tips) ....and maybe turn Pete into Julius.....

Empress Mitsuru

But I agree with Sephiroth in that I don't really see what a Frollo battle would really bring. I mean DDD was pretty much the best possible game for him to appear in because for the most part Frollo is a frail old man, the only thing strong about him was his dream. A world where your dreams can take physical form is pretty much the only place Frollo could ever be a threat to our cast. QUOTE]

What if he became a huge heartless same as Scar in KH2?

Last edited:

Hirokey123

Awards
Scar was a lion so he was already powerful and they just added a little bit more onto his already natural abilities. If you mean groundshaker at that point I have to wonder what is the point? If the characters transforms into a huge monster then how is that any better than what we got already?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Scar was a lion so he was already powerful and they just added a little bit more onto his already natural abilities. If you mean groundshaker at that point I have to wonder what is the point? If the characters transforms into a huge monster then how is that any better than what we got already?
Because huge monsters make for decent boss fights. They excuse any and all physical limitations a character may have as well as making them somewhat more intimidating.

Someone like Frollo probably would need a large final form, or at least a Heartless tag team. I can't really imagine a frail old man with nothing but a deranged disposition and a broadsword being much of a threat by himself, especially against a bunch of JRPG-tier heroes.

Empress Mitsuru

I've thought of a possible Heartless form for Frollo, Infernal Judge. I imagine him looking like the Judge Man (He's a monster from Yugioh and he's a villain during the Virtual World arc) only dressed in black and using a burning hammer.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I Hope Frollo is teamed up with Maleficent.

Frollo is too conceited really to bow to anyone, let alone someone obviously evil like Maleficent. Frollo is convinced that he's the hero of the universe, he wouldn't willingly ally with someone who calls herself the Mistress of All Evil. And yeah he'd go berserk since she's a witch, as were most of her squad in KH1.

Which is why I theorize that Xehanort would forcibly recruit him for the Thirteen Darknesses, as it was implied with Saix. So much darkness in a heart, it's like an ice cream sundae with a cherry on top. I doubt all of the Xehanorts joined willingly, namely the ones who weren't Xehanort to begin with. Xehanort just walked past them and was like "holy crap, that darkness though, I gotta get me some of that!"

I'm honestly a bit at a loss as to why so many want to fight Frollo so badly...considering how powerful most of the KH characters are this old fart would be no challenge at all.

Even the Clayton fight (which happened at a time when Sora was still a rookie and he had a Heartless to assist) was more challenging than anything Frollo can bring reasonably to the table.

Really a bog-standard lion wouldn't be much of a challenge either to a quartet of friends who fought off an all-consuming dark entity at the end of the world, but he got a power boost from the darkness and had all that fire power and stuff to him to make him a challenge. And he still had so much darkness in him that he easily retained his mortal form. The same could happen to Frollo; he'd become a Heartless, retain his old body and come at you with the powers of darkness and increased strength since he's no longer mortal. I'd take any excuse to get him.

It's probably because Frollo's one of, if not the most evil Disney villain ever. maybe he could be one of the 13 darknesses and after the first fight with him he turns into a gigantic heartless, same as Scar in KH2.

Yeah, Frollo is just such a despicable (but awesome) villain I was looking forward to beating the crap out of him. Just like how people liked fighting the other villains that scared them as kids like Chernabog or Ursula.

it would be big a twist if Maleficent turned out to be the final villain and outsmart everybody including xehanort

I'd like for this to happen too. Maybe not have her turn out to be the final villain, but I would like for her to outmaneuver Xehanort at a critical point, after spending a decade as his pawn.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Maleficent needs to be redeemed as a viable villain in some way, shape or form and her seeking the book of prophecies seems to be that redemption!

Castaras

Yes,she will likely to appear again has The seven princesses of heart will have a huger role to unlock kingdom hearts (i think). she may need to use/kidnap them again

Empress Mitsuru

Frollo is too conceited really to bow to anyone, let alone someone obviously evil like Maleficent. Frollo is convinced that he's the hero of the universe, he wouldn't willingly ally with someone who calls herself the Mistress of All Evil. And yeah he'd go berserk since she's a witch, as were most of her squad in KH1.

Which is why I theorize that Xehanort would forcibly recruit him for the Thirteen Darknesses, as it was implied with Saix. So much darkness in a heart, it's like an ice cream sundae with a cherry on top. I doubt all of the Xehanorts joined willingly, namely the ones who weren't Xehanort to begin with. Xehanort just walked past them and was like "holy crap, that darkness though, I gotta get me some of that!"

Really a bog-standard lion wouldn't be much of a challenge either to a quartet of friends who fought off an all-consuming dark entity at the end of the world, but he got a power boost from the darkness and had all that fire power and stuff to him to make him a challenge. And he still had so much darkness in him that he easily retained his mortal form. The same could happen to Frollo; he'd become a Heartless, retain his old body and come at you with the powers of darkness and increased strength since he's no longer mortal. I'd take any excuse to get him.

Yeah, Frollo is just such a despicable (but awesome) villain I was looking forward to beating the crap out of him. Just like how people liked fighting the other villains that scared them as kids like Chernabog or Ursula.

I'd like for this to happen too. Maybe not have her turn out to be the final villain, but I would like for her to outmaneuver Xehanort at a critical point, after spending a decade as his pawn.

This would be a really good idea.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
One thing that occurred to me, Riku and Maleficent share a strong bond of darkness. Sure, Riku's mastered the darkness, but that doesn't change the pupil to master relationship he had with Maleficent. I want Maleficent to taunt Riku of the days she used to train him: it'd deepen the complexity of Maleficent. The real Riku and Maleficent never really communicated with each other one-on-one after the very first Kingdom Hearts.

redcrown

Awards
One thing that occurred to me, Riku and Maleficent share a strong bond of darkness. Sure, Riku's mastered the darkness, but that doesn't change the pupil to master relationship he had with Maleficent. I want Maleficent to taunt Riku of the days she used to train him: it'd deepen the complexity of Maleficent. The real Riku and Maleficent never really communicated with each other one-on-one after the very first Kingdom Hearts.

It was odd when they were in the same room at the end of KH2, and they didn't even acknowledge each others' presence at all, not even a look; given their history you'd expect some sort of moment, even a small one at least.

I rather not see Maleficent at all anymore. She overstayed her villainous presence in KH2, became completely lame with causing every trivial problem SDG had just for the sake of her being there, and they had her team up with Pete, out of all possible villains to have her with. And Sora had moments where he was actually concerned for her? Really? After everything she did in KH1?

They wrecked her character and aura of evil enough I think. I don't think they would be able to properly redeem her, without the audience getting sick/er of her.

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
It was odd when they were in the same room at the end of KH2, and they didnt even acknowledge each other at all, not even a look; given their history you'd expect some sort of moment, even a small one at most.
(offscreen)

Maleficent: Do you not think you could simply ignore me? The mistress of all-

Riku: Yeah yeah, we've got a horde of Heartless on our tails and a megalomaniac with a heart moon above us. We're kinda busy right now.

M: Bah! You will rue this lack of acknowledgment in due time!

R: Oh sure, and I don't suppose you'll be relevant for the next eleven years?

M: You dare to suggest such a thing?!

Awards
It was odd when they were in the same room at the end of KH2, and they didn't even acknowledge each others' presence at all, not even a look; given their history you'd expect some sort of moment, even a small one at least.

I rather not see Maleficent at all anymore. She overstayed her villainous presence in KH2, became completely lame with causing every trivial problem SDG had just for the sake of her being there, and they had her team up with Pete, out of all possible villains to have her with. And Sora had moments where he was actually concerned for her? Really? After everything she did in KH1?

They wrecked her character and aura of evil enough I think. I don't think they would be able to properly redeem her, without the audience getting sick/er of her.

They were about to be stampeded by a horde of Shadows. What did you expect? Them to ask the Shadows to wait so that Maleficent and Riku could "have a moment?" I feel like having a moment in that scene would feel forced; the whole point of the scene is to give the player a sense of urgency in getting to Xemnas and having this moment in there would delay that, as well as seem out of character for both Riku and Maleficent.

I also think that it needs to be remembered that Maleficent and "the good guys" had a common enemy in Xemnas at that moment. Xemnas had taken control of the Heartless away from Maleficent, and rather than take on Xemnas herself (which she knew she wouldn't be able to do), she cunningly used Sora and co. to take him on for her. She explicitly says,
Do not misunderstand me. I shall have my revenge on you yet!

I don't think that particular moment in KH2 really conveys your argument of "wrecking her character and aura of evil" as much as other moments in KH2 would. This particular moment, however, is probably one of her strongest moments in the entire game and really shows how manipulative she can be.

redcrown

Awards
They were about to be stampeded by a horde of Shadows. What did you expect? Them to ask the Shadows to wait so that Maleficent and Riku could "have a moment?" I feel like having a moment in that scene would feel forced; the whole point of the scene is to give the player a sense of urgency in getting to Xemnas and having this moment in there would delay that, as well as seem out of character for both Riku and Maleficent.

You misunderstand. Not "a moment" like some emotional conversation or something, just a little acknowledgement of each others' presence, a look, something. It just felt weird for Riku to have no reaction whatsoever, not even an expression, to seeing the person who was instrumental into his dive into darkness and moral corruption in KH1 suddenly reappear again, for Riku to just be totally blank to seeing Maleficent after all that. Sure he had a year to think about and get over it but it still felt like that scene was lacking in any kind of reaction on his part.

Instead they wanted to focus on Maleficent and Pete's "plan" to take over the castle and "help" Sora. (yeah I wasn't a fan of them "putting aside differences to take on common enemy" thing, it felt out of character for Maleficent, she was so vengeful and not compromising for anyone, at least in KH1)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back