• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Live Action Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WarpChaos

Who do you guys think would be good to play the main cast if the miracle were to ever happen of a KH live action movie? Mickey Donald and Goofy would be CGI obviously, but what about everybody else?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Uuhhh...hmm. I have no idea. I don't know much about actors/celebrities and if KH were ever made into a movie I always imagined it being completely CG a la Advent Children .

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wouldn't want live action xD Most live action adaptions of video games never work out well, and KH is just one of those series I think wouldn't translate well.

For the sake of discussion, though, I don't have any preferences besides a diverse cast.

Last edited:

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I can see it now, giant costumed Donald Duck. Worst part is that i can see it being really, really bad hahaha

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Uuhhh...hmm. I have no idea. I don't know much about actors/celebrities and if KH were ever made into a movie I always imagined it being completely CG a la Advent Children .

This, though I have thought about the idea of live action portions. I just don't know who'd play who because typecasting would be difficult. Of course, there'd be no real crazy hair except maybe the norts. And then you'd consider casting different actors that look believably related. Xemnas has to look like terra ten years older and combined with MX(which can be makeup). If KH2 Sora and KH1/CoM/DDD sora are in the same movie, siblings are to be considered, if not lookalikes. And some actors, such as Nobodies, Roxas/Ventus, and the like would have to be able to play dual roles. Even Kairi/Namine. And of course, much of the production design would need to be changed.

Needless to say, this wouldn't translate well into a movie at all. Avoiding the Disney aspects(by replacing Disney characters with originals and using the public domain versions of the fairy tales) this would be a decent tv show if anything, but not at all a movie.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
same as in the original PotC and Tron Legacy. Everything else is cartoon/CGI anyway.
A reall live action movie would suck

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Nobody, I'd want them to use the Disneyworld costumes ;)

tumblr_l0zrkwihY31qaqojyo1_500.png

Youniquee

Awards
Nobody, I'd want them to use the Disneyworld costumes ;)

tumblr_l0zrkwihY31qaqojyo1_500.png
Wouldn't really be live action then. lol and that would be terrifying. I'd feel like I'm watching teletubbies again.

Ugh...but if we really had to have a live action KH movie then I'm calling Zac Efron as Sora.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Wouldn't really be live action then. lol and that would be terrifying. I'd feel like I'm watching teletubbies again.

Live-action is defined as "a movie, film, or other social media that isn't produced using animation techinques." As far as I'm concerned, the costumes are real and aren't being animated into the movie, so that's live-action to me ^_^

However, I think Zac Efron is a little too old to be Sora. I think Disney would probably force one of their younger stars onto the role.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If KH would ever to get a sort of movie or series I'd say it would be better to have either Advent Children-styled computer animation or even anime-esque stuff.

But live action...uuuh
=>

l7d.gif

Gram

Banned
Awards
If KH would ever to get a sort of movie or series I'd say it would be better to have either Advent Children-styled computer animation or even anime-esque stuff.
Exactly, this is the only way I could come to tolerate it's existence if it came to pass.

But live action...uuuh
=>

l7d.gif
Though when it comes to if I want one...^ couldn't agree more.

Last edited:

WarpChaos

Listen, I know everybody's complaining about how they don't want a live action KH. You guys should just play along for discussion's sake. You can male a new thread to vent your problems.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Listen, I know everybody's complaining about how they don't want a live action KH. You guys should just play along for discussion's sake. You can male a new thread to vent your problems.

Well, forums are used for all bases of discussion, whether everyone agrees or not. We can't create topics expecting to receive blind support from those who feel the same and for those who don't to stay away. They have every right to express their opinion, no matter what it is.

Last edited:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I'm not evensure about using motion capture in a potential movie. Sure it's great for the games, but I think hand animators-both 2d and 3d-deserve to be employed too.

Anime style would work really well, since many of the cutscenes are like that

That said, this is just a "what-if" discussion.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, I know that, but pretty much evety post is just someone complaining.

I'm afraid that is inevitable since this is a topic that's been heavily discussed since the first game released in 2002.

Changer

Well I was just trying to have a bit of fun.

Understandable, but as Sign said this topic has been debated multiple times already and most people have already decided that they would be against such a project. Because of this many don't see the point of entertaining the possibility at all, and I might agree.

Of course, even if we're just talking hypothetically I'm not sure who I would choose to star in a live-action film. Probably because I can't think of any actor who even looks like a KH character.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well, forums are used for all bases of discussion, whether everyone agrees or not. We can't create topics expecting to receive blind support from those who feel the same and for those who don't to stay away. They have every right to express their opinion, no matter what it is.
I remember we had a member who made threads and expected nothing but support. Those were dark times xD

Anyways, if they were to make a live-action KH, we've already got our Sora, Roxas and Kairi(though if she were to go blonde...).

03.jpg

04.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back