• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Live Action Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^That prop keyblade....I want it...;A;
Could see them as Sora, Roxas and Kairi honestly if such a thing came to pass.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Of course, even if we're just talking hypothetically I'm not sure who I would choose to star in a live-action film. Probably because I can't think of any actor who even looks like a KH character.

It isn't just KH characters, it's nearly all anime characters. Translating any anime character or one who looks like they could be one is just impossible lol I don't even know why, like I cannot for the life of me see a real Cloud, Luffy, Naruto, Goku, Ichigo, etc. and that's disregarding their hair which is the most unrealistic part.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Well, it's only natural that the looks change. Our "casting" should be somewhat based on performance ability moreo than who can fitthe spiky hair.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Well, it's only natural that the looks change. Our "casting" should be somewhat based on performance ability moreo than who can fitthe spiky hair.

If they ever casted a film based only on how well you could act, we'd have Daniel Day-Lewis play Sora, Riku, and heck, maybe even Kairi if Meryl Streep wasn't available.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
If they ever casted a film based only on how well you could act, we'd have Daniel Day-Lewis play Sora, Riku, and heck, maybe even Kairi if Meryl Streep wasn't available.
I didn't say "only". I said "somewhat". I did post earlier that I'm for actual teens-at most 20yo-playing SRK, and that's the KH2 version.

Well, technically I said Sora, but the point is the same.

NomoDizz

Well live action would be difficult but if it were to happen they should shoot it and then put on a kingdom shader style over all the the live action, think it be cool.

But even more interesting would be to get all the voice actors try to see if they can play off each other just from all the years theyve been acting as them.(would love to see a young Haley Joel Osment play Sora:redface:/ or Roxas singing some pop song lol)

Changer

It isn't just KH characters, it's nearly all anime characters. Translating any anime character or one who looks like they could be one is just impossible lol I don't even know why, like I cannot for the life of me see a real Cloud, Luffy, Naruto, Goku, Ichigo, etc. and that's disregarding their hair which is the most unrealistic part.
Ya I can't think of any good live-action anime movies that have been even passable because of how difficult it is for them to translate.
Honesly, the only thing that comes to mind is Dragonball: Evolution "shudders"

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Well live action would be difficult but if it were to happen they should shoot it and then put on a kingdom shader style over all the the live action, think it be cool.

But even more interesting would be to get all the voice actors try to see if they can play off each other just from all the years theyve been acting as them.(would love to see a young Haley Joel Osment play Sora:redface:/ or Roxas singing some pop song lol)
Wouldn't mind the latter, but the former-we don't even really know how it'll look in the actual game yet.

Ya I can't think of any good live-action anime movies that have been even passable because of how difficult it is for them to translate.
Honesly, the only thing that comes to mind is Dragonball: Evolution "shudders"

I think depending on the material, it could be adapted or not. There are elements of KH and FF games that I've imagined fitting pretty well into Live action as a medium(most of FFXIII comes to mind) and then there are things that dont(barthandalus).

KH does a little better in some regards. MDG and Disney Town wouldn't fit of course. Some of Xion's final forms could be armor that sprouts from her. And unless you count her, nobody really turns into a monster with a big white flash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back