• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Let Your Voice Be Heard for KINGDOM HEARTS Novels!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
It's second tier canon to the games and interviews...some people used to split it off as third tier but the interviews have become something like required reading for the series now so they get a little bump up to second.

Anything revealed in them that isn't contradicted by the games is canon. It was in the novels that it was confirmed that when you kill the Heartless and Nobody, the Somebody will return. It was also the first place it was hinted that Axel had come back to life/became a Somebody again after his demise in KH2.

They gave a backstory to Vanitas, and some try to write it off as a Kanemaki's way of giving sympathy to him but it adds a lot of depth to Vanitas that was missing in the games. Also weird, fun fact: people that lean towards the light love sweets, when people who lean closer to the darkness prefer something more bitter or less sugary.

It also gives some great insight into Sora's mind during the game's events. He's very insightful at times, sometimes the things that sounded like Sora was being obtuse really weren't at all, so it is nice to see what makes him tick.
Well that has me sold. Hopefully it will be released over here, I'll probably start getting the manga again as well.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Gah! This sounds so great! I have to go let them hear my voice...RIGHT NAO!!!! The novels are something I can only dream of having translated and physically published stateside. Oh how I love the covers and the art! I really want Yen Press to give us an idea of how well the mangas are selling with statistics or something. COME ON NOVELS! Or better yet...COME ON BIRTH BY SLEEP NOVELS!!!!

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Tweeted them twice. :3
If this winds up pulling through and we see an announcement in the coming months, I will be one happy camper. Ever since hearing about all the stuff the Birth By Sleep novel had (namely Vanitas's backstory), I've been wanting these to be translated and released stateside. The translations in Yen Press's version of the KH manga are so much better than Tokyopop's, so I'd very much trust them to do the novels.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Please do bring the novels over here, Yen Press. It would mean so much if you did! The novels shine light on so many things in the series. In fact, if I remember correctly, the novels were the first thing to confirm a Somebody could come back if their Heartless and Nobody were destroyed.

There are many other great odds and ends, too:) I especially loved learning about Aqua liking to bake and whatnot in the BbS novel. As we didn't get to know much about the characters' lives aside from being wielders in BbS, that was a great find!

I also believe there was a scene in the KHI one, where Kairi confronts Riku before Destiny Islands falls to Darkness? That would be something nice to see. More Kairi scenes are always very much appreciated, and I was always curious about the meaning behind Riku and Kairi's actions that night.

And perhaps the most important thing to learn about through these novels is Vanitas' backstory. That story was just so tragic and saddening. It made me feel things for a character I'd otherwise despised. And seeing as how there's a small chance Vanitas could be redeemed in KHIII... this backstory might be crucial for fans to know.

Anyway, if you publish the novels, Yen Press. I'd really appreciate it! I'm already so glad you brought the manga back, but the novels add even more insight, you know? And in a lot of ways, the novels can be seen as canon. In fact, the writer of them did the script for Days, so if the books ever make it over here, I can see them easily making everyone's day ^_^

...And honestly. The SoKai and RokuShi shipper in me just has to hold the book with this line:
"Xion herself reflects Kairi. And because there were memories of the girl Sora treasures, Kairi, inside Roxas, Xion became... the girl treasured by Roxas."

Gram

Banned
Awards
I don't really enjoy reading but if they localize these novels I may reconsider my stance~ 8D Largely curious about BBS's novel.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Hope you guys are relaying your thoughts to Yen Press via their social network! They won't come here to read everything after all xD

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Please do bring the novels over here, Yen Press. It would mean so much if you did! The novels shine light on so many things in the series. In fact, if I remember correctly, the novels were the first thing to confirm a Somebody could come back if their Heartless and Nobody were destroyed.

There are many other great odds and ends, too:) I especially loved learning about Aqua liking to bake and whatnot in the BbS novel. As we didn't get to know much about the characters' lives aside from being wielders in BbS, that was a great find!

I also believe there was a scene in the KHI one, where Kairi confronts Riku before Destiny Islands falls to Darkness? That would be something nice to see. More Kairi scenes are always very much appreciated, and I was always curious about the meaning behind Riku and Kairi's actions that night.

And perhaps the most important thing to learn about through these novels is Vanitas' backstory. That story was just so tragic and saddening. It made me feel things for a character I'd otherwise despised. And seeing as how there's a small chance Vanitas could be redeemed in KHIII... this backstory might be crucial for fans to know.

Anyway, if you publish the novels, Yen Press. I'd really appreciate it! I'm already so glad you brought the manga back, but the novels add even more insight, you know? And in a lot of ways, the novels can be seen as canon. In fact, the writer of them did the script for Days, so if the books ever make it over here, I can see them easily making everyone's day ^_^

...And honestly. The SoKai and RokuShi shipper in me just has to hold the book with this line:
"Xion herself reflects Kairi. And because there were memories of the girl Sora treasures, Kairi, inside Roxas, Xion became... the girl treasured by Roxas."
Tweet them here! :3

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Kanemaki didn't write the script, but she was one of the scenario writers of the game.

Last edited:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I'd buy up these novels in a heartbeat too! There's just so much to them that I wanna experience.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I never twitter, but I will! For the novels. If I can remember what my password is...

Yen Press, do it.

Andromeda

wait... novels? do you mean the manga? or actual novels? can someone please help me. ive never heard of these KH novels before and I am VERY interest in them.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
wait... novels? do you mean the manga? or actual novels? can someone please help me. ive never heard of these KH novels before and I am VERY interest in them.
Actual novels that have never before been released in North America.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

They are actual novelizations of the games with some exclusive events that weren't included to expand on the overall plot or provide backstory for the characters. If you're interested in checking out translations, we highly recommend visiting goldpanner's translation blog.

Andromeda

They are actual novelizations of the games with some exclusive events that weren't included to expand on the overall plot or provide backstory for the characters. If you're interested in checking out translations, we highly recommend visiting goldpanner's translation blog.
Oh, wow! Thank you! this is great! it's nice to have some news for kh (been so long) i know it's old news but it's new to me lmao thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back