• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~ Kingdom Spirits ~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- No Need for Wings -~

Siam watched the others, feeling a little irritated that so far no one had said anything. Okay, she could excuse Devon and Sky, their cousin had just arrived in town. Looking over at Rizan, she saw his frustration as he politely tried to get everyone's attention; only for them to ignore him. A look of pity coming to her eyes, she leaned against Rizan in an attempt to comfort him when Rizan shouted, "Excuse me!"

Blinking as a burst of light exploded from his hand, Siam stared at Rizan in amazement since this was the first time she'd seen a Tamer use one of their partner's move so quickly. She ignored the others as they all blinked stars from their vision, instead her attention was given to Rizan. Purring slightly, she butted her head against Rizan's hand and looked at him. Are you okay? She asked mentally, instead of answering her; Rizan chose to address the room at large.

The next thing she knew is that she was being picked up, shifting into a smaller form so it was easier on Rizan, Siam curled up in his arms and continued purring. Looking around her as they reached a room, she didn't say anything for a few minutes until Rizan had gotten settled in. "Sorry... about that," Rizan spoke as he started to pet her.

"It's okay, you're just frustrated and confused." She answered reassuringly, twisting so she was closer to him; Siam smiled and added, "Hey do you know what one of the best remedies for stress or depression is? It's got four legs and a purr. I'm not being egotistical on that either, we really do seem to help." Siam looked up at Rizan, a smile in her eyes as she purred again.

~- Sun Is Going Down (Past) -~

Nightshade ran along Sabor, listening to her elder as the leopard answered matter of factly, “I wish to tear him apart. His scent offends me. And yet…it is somehow familiar. Mistress knows best, if she wishes for me to find this prey, I will find it.”

Nightshade knew that Sabor could see farther than what most would believe, she had heard the rumors from the other Nightmares. She let the silence stretch between them as she ran to keep up, paying close attention to what was going on with Angie at the time; since she really didn't trust the boy that Angie was with. Even though she knew it wouldn't be of much help, Nightshade almost doubled back when she felt a surge of panic come from Angie.

Stay there Nightshade.

She hesitated mentally for a moment, trying to judge the state of her friend and partner as she probed the young Reaper's mind. Feeling it when the girl's panic receded, Nightshade relaxed slightly until the gothic dressed boy spoke up. Slowing in her stride, Nightshade looked at Sabor and then to Angie as the boy asked, "So then while we wait do you mind if I ask what exactly your groups mission is under the Nightmare Queen Danu?"

A low snarl starting to build in her throat, Nightshade relaxed only a fraction as Angie scratched between her ears. "Shh, easy girl, he's just asking a question." Angie said soothingly, before she stepped away from Nightshade and walked over to Sabor. "Come on Sabor, I know he's not exactly the trustworthiest of characters, but it's just one mission."

Nightshade watched her for a few minutes, it was clear the girl didn't feel the easiness that she was trying to make them feel. Purring slightly to help calm Angie down, Nightshade looked toward Sirius and answered carefully, "I'm sorry, but I can't give any information on our current mission."

She didn't look to Angie or Sabor, instead she kept her eyes trained on Sirius, judging his reactions as she asked, "Now, what are you and your friends doing in New York?"

~- Weakness In Your Eyes (Three Days Ago, Midnight) -~

He slipped between the shadows; slipping up behind a pine tree, he waited until the car passed by. Sure, he knew that he was invisible; but he still preferred to keep hidden in the shadows. His eyes darted up to the sky, searching for the silhouette of the figure he knew would be waiting for him. A quick sniff of the air told him that there was no one in the park, which was amazing because usually there were people in it even after hours. Taking a deep breath, he caught the faint whiff of something that smelled a lot like polluted earth and sky, not to mention a rotten smell that made him want to gag.

Pushing the impulse down, the feline quickly yet quietly made his way to the center of the park. He tried not to pay attention to how exposed he felt. Ears going backwards, the Spirit glanced over his shoulder, nervous as he saw that the trees formed a perfect circle, but left this spot completely untouched. His eyes darted up to the full moon, the light cast from it falling onto a spot and creating another perfect circle of silvery-blue light.

A thump sounded from behind him; whipping around to face it, the feline crouched low to the ground, ears pinned flat against his head. Eyeing the dragon that walked up to him, the feline dropped his gaze as the dragon hissed in his mind,
And how fares your experiment, boy? Or is it possible that you have finally realized I was correct all those years ago?

The callousness of the words didn't affect the feline, if anything the feel of the dragon's eyes burning holes in the cat's fur affected him more.

Swallowing the lump in his throat, the feline mumbled, "The experiment is running fine, sir. I am still...." He didn't have a chance to finish his response, because the next thing the feline felt was the dragon's left wing slamming into his side. Sliding across the grass, the Spirit blinked back the haze of pain that clouded his eyes. Glancing in the dragon's direction, he tried to figure out what it was he had said wrong. He didn't get a chance to piece it together, though; recoiling as he met up with the dragon face to face, the feline couldn't stop himself from cowering beneath the heat of the dragon's glare.

Stop your cowering boy; that is a form of weakness and I will not accept that. Understood?

The feline swallowed the fear down; looking the dragon dead in the eye he answered hoarsely, "Yes sir, I understand."

He didn't relax when the dragon backed up and hissed once more in his mind,
Good. I expect a more detailed report of the experiment at the next meeting. Until then, continue with what you are doing; and you had better not let your emotions overrun you the next time.

The feline managed a shaky nod; he watched as the dragon took off, and even then, he didn't lose control. It was only after the feline was certain that the dragon was gone that he relaxed. Releasing a shaky breath, the feline pushed himself up to his feet, wincing slightly as his left side throbbed in pain. Looking around to make sure there were no witnesses, the feline limped away from the clearing, determined not to let on just how much it hurt until he knew for sure he was alone.

Last edited:

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~- Compassion is the Flag -~

"EXCUSE ME"

A flash of light exploded through the room with the exclamation, halting any further response from Alex, Sammy or Noct. The two boys stood there, trying to blink the light out of their eyes, while Sky, less affected because her magic leaned towards the light, spun to face the obviously shocked boy that had caused the burst of light. For a moment, he stood there blinking, unsure of what happened; then, after mumbling a quick apology and excuse, he picked up Siam and left the room.

Sky took a quick look around. Damhan and Michael had already left before the boy had shown up, and Devon and Largo had left shortly afterwards to call Dad and get him en route to Holly while Dev and Largo caught up. Sky noticed that Ezio wasn't there any longer, either; had he gone with her brother?

Sammy was still blinking, his pupils practically non-existent, and Noct didn't look to be faring much better. Carefully, Sky said, "I'm gonna follow him and make sure he's okay. The boy's right; we did kinda forget about him. I'll be back in a couple, 'kay?" She waited just long enough for Sammy to give her a quick nod, then the girl slipped out of the room.

Sky didn't have to go very far before she heard a comforting, "Hey do you know what one of the best remedies for stress or depression is? It's got four legs and a purr. I'm not being egotistical on that either, we really do seem to help."

Sky pushed the door to the room open, laughing as she did so. Carefully, Sky sat down on the couch opposite the boy before she said, "She's right. I can't tell you how often Largo's made me feel better just by turning his motor on and sitting on my bed until he's fallen asleep. I'm sorry, we didn't mean to ignore you, and I know that with the stress you're under right now, that didn't really go over well. We've just got a lot that's piling up on our plate all at once, but that's still not really much of an excuse, is it?" Sky shook her head; she was rambling, and she hated when she did that. Putting a smile on her face, she raised a hand as she said, "My name's Skylar. What's yours?"

~- What You See Ain't What You Get -~

I finally found you little Tamer

Holly's light banter with the Cabby didn't last long after she heard the woman's voice floating through her mind. Her mental barriers flew up at the same time that Holly saw the woman clad in armor standing in the road right in front of the cab. Holly had just enough time to realize it was a Reaper shielding herself from the Cabby’s senses and to throw up a protective barrier around the man before the woman used an energy attack to utterly destroy the front of the cab. Holly was jostled hard as the cab came to a sudden halt, feeling something in her leg twist as the front passenger seat was shoved backward.

Holly was a little dazed, but she forced herself to keep her wits about her. Using the dust and debris from the attack to her advantage, Holly crawled out of the far side of the cab, pulling the Cabby out of the wrecked vehicle and a little further out of harm’s way. The man was knocked out, but he should at least be okay once this ordeal was over; hopefully, in any case.

The dust cloud was dying down, but Holly still had enough cover to slip around behind the Cab. Noting that the trunk had popped open, Holly popped the flap on her hip pack open and started fishing around in it just as the psychotic woman hissed, "I know you survived that rapaza. Now thyne enemy prepare yourself to either fight, or run."

Rising to her full height, Holly pulled the pistol from its holster and squeezed off four quick shots. Ducking down again, she reached into the trunk of the Cab, grabbing her bow and arrow quiver before moving away from the car. Keeping her eyes on the woman even as she slipped the gun away, placed the quiver on her back, and made sure the string of the bow was taught, Holly said sharply, "And just what sort of problem do you have with me, Reaper? I understand our two groups are kind of at each other’s throats, but this is ridiculous."

Holly didn't really expect a sane answer; but some kind of explanation might be nice. If this woman was capable of a reasonable answer, that was.

~- Tonight Favor's the Red Crown -~

Ebony, are you there?

The stag snorted as he heard Leah in his mind. Having grown accustomed to following two conversations at once, both Ebony and Leah kept an ear on Ician's wrap up conversation while Ebony said to Leah in a private discussion, Oh course I am, Little One. What is it?

Leah spoke to the Reapers, bidding them a pleasant evening, before she said to Ebony, Harm informed me that these two came in solo, based on what Esme was picking up. Do you agree with her?

Ebony shook his head, a habit that was had to shake even when it was a mental conversation. He watched as a young man and woman came out of the club, the very same Reapers that had just been speaking with the girls, before the Spirit replied, Esmerelda is still young, and the Nightmares that accompanied these two are wily. They hid themselves at a far enough distance that they were difficult for our friend to sense, and Allegra was still focused on Natasha, so she didn't sense them either. The Nightmares seemed intent to watch, yet not interfere, so I chose to do the same. Natasha can be a little quick to anger at times, and I didn't want to risk a confrontation, not with that young man's lady friend there, and not with so many civilians close by. Forgive me, Little One.

It's okay, Ebony, Leah said back, and the stag could hear the sincerity in her mental voice. You're right; there's too many Mundanes here for an encounter to be save. Even so, and this point, Ebony felt Leah expand the communication, so that it was no longer between just the two of them, Esme, Harm, see if you can follow them without being noticed. Don't engage, but see if you can find out anything of interest.

~- Once More Into the Breach -~

Nat looked at Leah, utterly shocked. "The hell, Amalia? Are you really going to just let those two go?"

Leah returned Nat's glare, green eyes locked with gray. Waiting until Harm had left, Leah hissed, "Cool your passions and think for a moment, Nat. Those Reapers weren't antagonistic tonight; all they wanted was a little bit of information, some info that wasn't even classified. We didn't need the confrontation, not with so many innocents around."

Nat snorted, showing Leah what she thought about that. "Right, like innocents aren't going to get hurt by letting those abominations walk free? Have you lost it, or something?"

"Oh, grow up, Natasha," Leah sighed, turning away from the more combative girl. Nat wasn't happy with that; why couldn't Leah ever give her a straight answer, instead of always flipping between hot and cold? Nat was about to say as much when she felt a low, thumping melody in her chest just as it seemed a hook had snagged right behind her collar bone. Turning away from Leah, Nat muttered, "What?"

Leah didn't seem to realize that Nat had gotten distracted by something. Taking her silence to mean something else, Leah sighed again before saying, "Come on, Nat, don't act like that. Just have some patience, okay? Things will... Nat? What's up?"

The change in Leah's tone seemed to have come when she'd turned to face Nat and realized that the other girl was distracted, but by then, all Nat could concentrate on was that melody. Pulling herself out of the booth, Nat said softly, "Someone's calling me..." before she took off, following the melody and where the hook led her. Nat barely noticed that Leah was following her, and somewhere in the back of her mind, Nat realized that the Spirit sibling Ebony and Allegra were probably following too, but it all barely registered.

She had to find out who was calling her.

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Shock still on her face, Alex couldn't believe she was already meeting Leo's mother of all place and here in the Spirit Realm! As she recovered from her nearly heart attack and taking a good deep breath to clear her airways, she began to ask Leo's mother what her name was and how deep in trouble Leo's in while sitting on nearby tree stump that was beside the stream that she used to quench her thirst after pushing overgrown grooves of tree leaves repeatedly.

The lioness spoke out to her as they remained eye to eye contact. "My name is Nala. As you already know, I'm Leo's mother and he is my son. And yes, he is in deep, deep trouble; For the threat is slowly descending upon him and I believe he will require of your aid, even if he does not know it."

"And what is the threat you're speaking of, Nala?" Alex questioned while thinking of how to find a way to reach his partner, even if it takes forever or not. "I mean, I kind of know about the Reapers and those... things." She rang out, her hands and arms folding each other over her chest.

Chuckling, Nala dipped her head to acknowledge the young lady's questions while answering the secondary question, "We call them Nightmares, for they used to be human before losing their heart to darkness then takes form of that person's favorite creature, such as wolves, bears-"

"Lions?" Alex blurted out without thinking.

"Yes," the lioness answered. "Even lions as well. They can be any creature they desire, but mainly the favorite of that person." Alex's mind and memory returned back to the day she and her new friends were attacked by those things, wondering why they came for her. Not only that, but before she fell unconscious and right into safety inside her heart, she couldn't help but somehow feel the pain of the bear that slapped her away and through the first floor's entire frame of window and glass.

Nala continued to converse with Alex and giving her the short version of how the Spirit Realm and Mortal Realm used to be one until darkness in people's heart appeared and giving birth to war between Reapers and Tamers to the separation of both Realms by the Seven Queens of Light. "For safety reasons that belongs only to the Queens, they decided to have some of the Queens go the Mortal Realm while the other stay behind here and it always has been that way for many, many years... Until today." She spoke in a worrisome tone, her mind taking her back to the 'good' old days.

Alex could feel the atmosphere changing just from the aura Nala's giving off and still curious on how she'd find Leo, she pressed on. "So, in short.. Reapers want to rule both Realms by using the Nightmares to spread out chaos and whatnot, while the Tamers are trying to defeat Nightmares by teaming up with their right partner, in this case is the Spirits." She concluded.

"Yes." Nala answered as soon as she snapped out of it, bringing her back to reality. Gladly to see Alex taking the time to get the information in her mind, Nala couldn't help but feel this girl looks so familiar to her former partner.. And that's when it hit her!

It was Alex's Mother that befriended her years ago after the end of the First War, but now moved to the Mortal Realm to live out her days, becoming old at an natural age while Nala did the same, marrying her best friend and eventually gave birth to Leo two years later until her death, no thanks to the hand of that wicked bitch, Lady Danu.

Rarely does Alex even pay any attention in classes, but this one she sure did. Letting out a breath out of her mouth, she asked where she'd find Leo before he got in trouble. "You have to tell me where to start and I'll figure out the rest!" Alex stood up in determination, ready to set out on a dangerous journey.

Slightly startled by the sudden rise of emotion from Alex, did Nala quietly become amused that she'd picked up on her mother's traits as well Leo when it comes to helping people. Dipping her head once again, she quickly gave out where to start. "Go to Traverse Town and find my source; she'll point you to the right direction, but I must warn you: the Reapers and Nightmares will do anything to stop any sort of person that is willing to rebel and that might include you and your friends."

"Right!" Alex smiled and started on moving when Nala pointed out she'd be more comfortable wearing something instead of a wrinkled old gown. Turning back to her, Alex couldn't help but smile while her checks filled up with redness.

With one paw, Nale were able to summon a door that held a fitting room and a robe that hung upon the hanger then simply gave the young lady to change with a twinkle in her eyes and proceeded to wait for her.

Alex quickly walked up and into the fitting room, grabbing the robe from the hanger then changed out of her gown into a robe that seemed to fit her, despite the robe showing its age. She looked at herself in the mirror and found herself in awe and wondered who it belonged to.

The outside of the robe showed colors of white around the sides and blue on the linings while the sash were red with some tingle of gold, seeming to signify this robe belonged to a royal family. Alex gave herself the twirl to see the back and noticed there were a hood and lifted it onto her head. There on the edge of the hood was the emblem of the Tamers.

Throwing it back and quickly fixing her hair then putting on the boots that must had belonged to a woman had the same size as her, Alex strolled out of the fitting room which disappeared into thin air and asked Nala what she thought of it. "Well..?" she questioned.

Nala couldn't help but smile for her. "If only she knew her mother wore this.." She thought to herself while speaking, "I believe you look just fine."

Satisfied and wanting to move on, Alex started to walk through the thick forest when again Nala spoke out. "I can make that easier for you.."

Hearing the odd tone in the lioness's voice, Alex started to turn to ask her what she meant when Nala chanted a spell and giving her one last advice, "One thing you must know: You are the Key that can stop this war from spreading!" With that and without a goodbye from Nala, Alex could feel herself lifting to the sky and looking up, her eyes became big when she realized she was heading to a black hole.

Gasping, she looked down to see Nala, but she has disappeared and screamed bloody murder then quickly felt unconscious as she disappeared deep within the black hole/sphere.

Her journey to reach Leo has begun.

~~~

Leaping up onto his feet, Leo gave out a roar that quickly followed by a hiss and an hoot from the dragon and ape alike which then followed by an thud from the ape king himself, Cesare.

Shaking his head, Leo apologized to his two best friends. "Sorry about that, guys.. Guess I had a bad dream." He shrugged his large and heavy shoulders then sighed a deep sigh.

Cesare and Zuko regained their senses enough to accept the apology with the exception of Cesare. The ape quickly made his way and put one of his arm around the neck of the lion King as he spoke. "Hm, sounds like you had a nightmare.." He chuckled at his joke then yelped a bit when Zuko's tail hit him in the back.

Leo couldn't help but laugh at the two as they bickered back and forth, eventually the dragon won out in the end. "Guys, it's nothing, I promise... Beside, it's your turn again, Cesare to keep eye," the lion rang out.

Cesare mumbled something about how 'it'd be the old coot to do it, seeing he can fly!'. Leo pointed out this was supposed to be covert without risking the Queen in danger. "Remember, this is Atlantica we're dealing with here. Queen Ariel has shown us support on this with the exception that her daughter doesn't know about this until she's safe."

The two nodded their heads in agreement days before and after meeting the undersea queen. "So, let's get back to paroling, guys." Leo concluded.

With that, the three friends went around the forests close to the sea in preparation for anything the Reapers or Nightmares might do.

This was going to be a long few days and Leo knows it as he wandered around aimlessly yet on alert.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~- Waking Up -~

Wow, that kid packed quite a kick! Sammy blinked rapidly, trying to see something other than stars hanging in front of his eyes as the boy made a soft excuse and ran out of the room. Sam could sense that Noct was having a similar problem with trying to get past being blinded by light. Sky didn't seem to be all that affected by the light show though; the girl used light herself, so Sammy supposed it made sense. She said something about talking to the kid, and all Sammy could do was nod his head in agreement, still unable to see a blasted thing.

About five minutes later, Sam's eyes had adjusted to the point that he finally had the last of the spots out of his vision. He turned to see that Noct seemed to have reached that point himself, and the cat nodded his head in confirmation, letting Sam heave a sigh of relief; well, at least there wasn't any lasting damage to the retinas, then.

Sammy turned back to Alex, his hands already coming together to ask her if she was okay, when he paused for a moment, his blue eyes crinkling in confusion. The girl seemed to be sound asleep. That couldn't be right, right? She'd been wide awake just a little while ago. Sam placed a hand on her arm, shaking it slightly as he said, "Hey, Alex, now's not the time to be falling asleep!"

The girl just kept sleeping though. Noct hopped lightly onto the bed, placing his nose next to Alex's cheek. He sat there like that for a moment, seeming to gauge something Sammy couldn't figure out, before the cat said, "Her body's asleep, but her mind and spirit seem to be far away at the moment."

Yeah, definitely something outside of Sammy's experience. Figuring that they could use a little more help and another opinion, Sam hollered, "Michael! Doc! We need you guys back here, now!"

~- Legends -~

Rio kept his peace, letting Michael soak in what Damhan and Utorem told the young man at his own pace. Rio was fairly familiar with the legends that the older Tamer and Spirit spoke of; he'd heard them ever since he was a pup himself. Even so, there was a part of the story that was tickling at the back of Rio's mind, a piece that had him unsettled. Quietly, he said, "What about the Old Ones? It's said that they'll return when the Queens do."

"The Old Ones? That's just a story, isn't it Rio?"

Rio turned his head to the door at Cheyenne's entrance while Damhan spoke with Michael about training the newest of their recruits. The shepherd waited until the feline Spirit had drawn closer before he said, "So are the Queens, and yet the Reapers seem to be actively looking for them at present."

Cheyenne shook her head, stubbornness warring against the fear in her eyes as she said adamantly, "The last known legend of the Queens dates back to well over a thousand years ago, Rio, long after the last of the Old Ones were said to have died a thousand years before that. No one's heard from the first Spirits and Nightmares; they're just stories, aren't they? Legends!"

"Even legends have some kernel of truth to them," Michael said, drawing the attention of the two Spirits to him. Mewing softly, Cheyenne jumped into Michael's arms, rubbing her head against his chin before she settled down to watch the rest of the room.

Before much more could be said, however, an alarmed cry came from down the hall, Sammy shouting for Michael and Damhan to return to the room. Turning his attention back to the doctor, Michael said, "I think we might need to bench this conversation for now and go see what his caterwauling's about. Knowing Sam, it's probably a good reason."

~- Just One More Time -~

The training floor was quiet, bathed in shadows painted by the lights that were turned only part way up. The walls were lined with racks of weapons, from maces and glaives to short swords and sais; whatever type of armament their group wanted to use in practice, they had access to. And they did use the weapons frequently, even the ones that were less favored; Lucas believed in versatility and the ability to use whatever was at hand as an improvised weapon, so he had them practice with everything.

That fact didn't stop Eric though as he swung his arms together into a block, forming a shield of polished glass from the half moon mirrors he had strapped to his forearms. He felt a solid thud strike the barrier as Merlin charged into the obstacle, the serpentine dragon hissing softly from the impact. Eric used the momentary lapse in Merlin's concentration to slide around the dragon's flank, ink staining the mirrors as Eric gathered darkness into them.

Merlin was quick to recover though. Spinning around, the dragon lashed his tail out, wrapping it in a thick coil around Eric's left wrist just as the Reaper was about to hurl a beam of dark energy at the Nightmare. Eric grunted, trying to twist his arm out of Merlin's hold as the shield pressed much too sharply against the bones of his forearm.

"Enough, Eric. You've been training all morning. I think it's about time you stopped and got something to eat."

Eric snarled at Merlin's suggestion as the Nightmare released Eric's arm from his control. The Reaper rubbed his right hand across his other arm, trying to force feeling back into the limb while ignoring the grumbled agreement from his stomach. "I'll eat once I beat that damn tail of yours, Toady!" Eric snapped, hunkering back down into a battle ready stance.

Merlin gave Eric a level look at the insult before a flash of dark light filled the training room. Once the light had dissipated, a large green frog with golden eyes sat in the dragon's place as Merlin croaked again, "And you're not beating me until you eat. So, what's it going to be?"

Eric and Merlin were constantly having this argument: Merlin would insist Eric eat something, and Eric would say he was fine. And dammit, he was! Why couldn't the little prick of a Nightmare see that? Eric wasn't built like Jace or Dante, so he didn't have to stuff himself as much as those two did to keep in top fighting condition. His eyes snapping with a brittle glare, Eric snapped, "Look, just cause you got some bad flies for breakfast doesn't mean that I'm hungry yet, okay Toady? So, you can just take your suggestions and shove them up your..."

"I thought I'd find you down here. Hop to, Elric, you've got work to do."

Eric broke off instantly at the soft command from Lucas. Spinning on his heel, Eric felt Merlin's weight settle onto his shoulder as the frog jumped up to his customary perch. Looking to where Lucas stood at the door, green eyes met violet as Eric said, "And what's the work, I might ask?"

"Patrol work, of course. I've already sent Jace out, so I want you to meet up with him and go with him on his rounds. There's some new Reapers in town, so until we get a bead on how their plans line up with Lady Danu's I want everyone patrolling in teams, understood?" Lucas' voice remained even the entire way, but that didn't matter; you always knew when Lucas was giving an order that couldn't be shirked off, and this was one of them.

Eric gave a quick jerk of his head, stepped toward a weapon's rack long enough to strap a compact crossbow to his right wrist, pick up some extra bolts, and then he was out the door, Lucas' inscrutable gaze following Eric on his way out.

~- Go Out and Have Some Fun -~

"Pick up your heels, Art; the jump's coming up!"

Artemis tossed her head, adrenaline pulsing hot and heavy through her blood. Taking the hint, her partner released the reigns, allowing the mare to take the bit in her teeth. The Spirit waited a moment, her canter smooth and measured; then, at just the right moment, she leaped, tucking her forelegs close to her chest and belly as she cleared the jump with ease.

She heard a whoop from her rider, and even the mare felt the exhilaration running high in her veins. This, this is what she loved most. She loved steeple chasing, and she loved jumping; she never felt more alive than when she and her partner were in sync, bearing down on the final obstacle before the finish line. Whether they were competing, like now, or just practicing, it didn't matter to her. She just wanted the thrill of the jump before her.

Artemis slowed slightly as she reached the bend to the final hurdle, a double bar coupled with a shallow water obstacle right after it. Coming out of the curve, she pushed herself for that last bit of strength before lifting off, tucking herself into the perfect form for the jump. For one, exhilarating moment, she felt like she was flying; then, she was firmly on the ground again, her forelegs absorbing the impact as she hit the landing.

A cheer went up from the stands, and several of the spectators rose to their feet to give the mare and her rider a standing ovation. Artemis couldn't hold it in any longer; tossing her head, she let out a jubilant whinny, her partner's low laugh echoing a counterpoint to her enthusiasm.

A short time later, Artemis and her Tamer were in the winner's circle, cameras flashing in their eyes as her Tamer stepped forward to accept the medal and purse for second place. They'd agreed just before it was their turn that she should hold back from first; they didn't want to dishearten the mortal horses, after all, and neither did they want to draw too much attention to themselves.

"Excuse me!"

Artemis' rider turned at the call, his eyes narrowing briefly in curiosity. A girl was standing there, one that was just a couple years younger than he was, and she had a warm smile on her face as she held out a small bouquet of roses. Artemis nickered approval, and she felt the boy put his hand on her shoulder to keep her quiet as he said to the girl, "Hey. Did you enjoy yourself today?"

"Yeah, I did. Thanks for letting me come along. Do you want some help with brushing her down?" The girl gave him another soft smile, and Art felt the way that his pulse tripped over itself from his palm that was still on her shoulder.

He gave her a shy smile in return, his eyes sparkling as he said, "Yeah, that'd be great." The girl didn't need more invitation then that. She fell into step beside him as he led Artemis back to the stables, and the Spirit nickered again in satisfaction. She didn't think today could get much better.

In fact, it was just about perfect.

~- The Old Ones -~

As the lion king regained his composure before setting out on his rounds, a soft sigh escaped the being hiding within the trees. He watched the young Spirit and his two companions, a satisfied smile creeping around a reptilian mouth as his tongue flicked out to scent the air again. For a moment, he just allowed himself to relish the feeling of being home; the last time he'd set foot in the Spirit Realm had been during the time of the Revolutionary War. A mere drop of time for one as old as he, but still time in a land that wasn't his own, all the same.

Carefully, the dragon lowered himself from the tree he'd hung himself in, making no noise in the process despite his massive size. He took himself from the treeline, staying parallel with the young lion king, until the Nightmare at last gained a clearing large enough for him to spread his wings. Crouching low for a moment, the Nightmare launched himself into the sky, his wings making a low "thwump" of noise as they carried him higher. He let himself be lost to the darkness of the night sky, training ruby-red eyes on the small form of the Spirit below him.

Let the Spirit make the first move, if the cub could detect him.

Last edited:

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
----------------------------------------------

~~~~~~Born In The Dark~~~~~~

"What about the Old Ones? It's said that they'll return when the Queens do."

"The Old Ones? That's just a story, isn't it Rio?"

Utorem listened silently to the two Spirits once Cheyenne entered the slowly crowding room, Damhan still busy discussing matters with michael and leaving the large albino spider spirit to think deeply on that thought of the legend Rio had brought up.

The Old Ones...The most ancient and powerful creatures within the Spirit Realm, next to those of the Queens of course...
It was said these majestic beings were born from the strongest thoughts and feelings of everyone in the universe, both good and definitely bad. Legends of the Queens told that it was the time when the first Nightmares appeared, yet how was never truly explained...not that it mattered. The Old Ones, both good and bad, were said to have nearly brought the Spirit Realm to ruin, that their strength was so great and terrible that when they fought one another that their destruction risked slipping into the other realms.

The sound of an alarming cry from the room down the hall, like with everyone else in the study, brought Utorem and Damhan out of their thoughts at that moment, the older man looking towards Michael and the Spirits questionably.

"I think we might need to bench this conversation for now and go see what his caterwauling's about. Knowing Sam, it's probably a good reason." Said Michael, Damhan already starting to move his large wheelchair back out from behind the desk and towards the young man, Spirits, and the door.

"I quite agree. Let's see what's going on." Damhan said while Utorem accompanied the Tamer back within his lap, the man's chair swiftly moving down the hallway before making a sharp turn back into Alex's room.

"Move aside now. I need room thank you." The chair barely slowed down once it entered the room, the strong tone of Damhan's voice carrying out towards everyone as he moved to the bed and the now sleeping Alex upon it.

Already Damhan was making notes and giving small examinations to Alex, all while Utorem scurried up onto the sleeping young woman, stopping when beside Noct.

"Tell me what you can learn, Utorem..."

"Her body sleeps and rests as normal, but her mind has left it, as well as her spiritual essence. Only a powerful Tamer, or Spirit could have done this."

"You're not suggesting one of the Nightmares or their partners...?"

"No, if it was, there would be some damage, the mind and essence fighting to remain. This seems more calm, more willing."

"You're saying she was brought into the Spirit Realm by some outside, powerful, force?"

"Yes. It may take some time but she should return unharmed."

Sighing was all the old man could do, his fingers rubbing his forehead as he moved his wheelchair away from the bed just enough to turn towards everyone there.

"As you could hear from Utorem, your young friend is quite safe and well. Unfortunately as far as we can tell right now, there is nothing helpful we can do, except by keeping her body comfortable and restful until she can return herself. The exactly way I have heard about this, means that there are only a few ways it can end. Either, the one responsible for this leads your friend back to her body, or, young Alex is strong enough to do so herself."

~~~~~~Am I...Home...?(Past)~~~~~~

Everything seemed to rush through their mind, memories of many things flashing and melding together into incoherent messes, forming scenes that didn't make sense or were simply out of order, some appearing to be through the eyes of another when they could see even themselves. Images of family, young love and full of life, bled into scenes of horrific scales of war some on great bare plains while others seemed more like a kind of dream or nightmare, the landscape of these torn apart by some great displays of terrifyingly powerful forces. And all the while through these random thoughts, voices called out, some separate yet most seemed to speak as one, their voices and thoughts drilling deeper into her mind with every passing second. And then they stopped...

From the feeling of raindrops lightly splattering her head and hand, yet the sound of a harsh torrent of rain pouring from the skies all around her, it wasn't that surprising when the dark red haired woman opened her eyes to find herself underneath a large oak tree, one of many that seemed to make up the grounds of some kind of estate she now found herself in. Weakly trying to pick herself up, only managing to rest herself by kneeling before falling back with a light thud against the trunk of the tree, the woman winced as she softly brushed her hair back away from her face, looking towards them to find the deep burn marks that covered her palms still felt fresh and tender to any kind of touch.

"Where...Am...I home..?"

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Awards
~♣Waiting...♣~

"I'm sorry, but I can't give any information on our current mission."

"Oh? I see, guess it must be very important. Then I won't push," he responded as he felt the agitation from the two feline nightmares grow. It seemed they really didn't like his presence, or his questions one bit. It was okay though, it was a fair agitation since he was an outsider taking stabs in the dark on them. So naturally it was only right that they wanted to bore into him in turn. He was curious though about Demona's strange spasms since they had headed off after his friends. It was strange, it was almost like she was reacting to something else that wasn't their.

"Now, what are you and your friends doing in New York?"

Sirius's attention was pulled away by the feline nightmares question one that cause him to raise a eyebrow with a smile that clearly lead to a obvious response. "Its only fair that I shouldn't answer your question if you can't answer mine wouldn't you agree," he asked as a soft thud of a large foot caused him to lightly lean his head to the left. "Ah their you are Abstergo. That's one less person I have to find," he said with a sigh of relief as a massive White Rhino came into view. It snorted softly in response.. and that was all it did... clearly the big guy wasn't a talker. "Don't mind his silence he's a big softie... well most of the time," Sirius explained as he walked over to the massive animal and gentle pat it on the head. "I am guessing you don't know where Sabela is," Sirius asked allowed, and most likely got a answer through telepathy as he gave a look of disappointment. No shock most likely that girl was somewhere far away causing trouble, but he would have to worry about her later. Once he could find Ician finding her would be a lot easier with his partner's tracking abilities. "Well then We can keep moving now though albeit a bit slower if you don't mind my friend here isn't very fast when in a calm state."

...........................................................................................................................................
~♦Calming Matters♦~

"She's right. I can't tell you how often Largo's made me feel better just by turning his motor on and sitting on my bed until he's fallen asleep. I'm sorry, we didn't mean to ignore you, and I know that with the stress you're under right now, that didn't really go over well. We've just got a lot that's piling up on our plate all at once, but that's still not really much of an excuse, is it?"

"No its alright," Rizan spoke with a hesitant smile. For awhile he had been petting Siam in her kitten form which apparently she could do without much effort. He really did have a lot to learn about this whole mess, but it seemed one of the folks in the house finally had a moment to clear up more of what was going on. Which he was indeed grateful for as he continued to pet his feline friend right behind the ears.

"My name's Skylar. What's yours?"

"Rizan. Its a pleasure to meet you," he said as he shook the offered hand. Apparently out of everyone who had been in the house she had been the least effected by the accidently spell so maybe his newfound abilities were similar to hers? He thought real hard about what to ask as Siam had already explained the whole war thing to him.

"Do you mind explaining to me the current situation? I already have a strong grasp of the history of this Tamer vs Reaper stuff. However Siam didn't go into much detail on how this whole war is currently going. Are we winning, losing, or on a stand still? How many others are their like us around the world," he said starting to shoot out a few questions as he seemed to overall relax.

"Also can all spirits, and Nightmares turn into a human form like Siam?"
.........................................................................................................................................

~•A Shell Shock of a Fight On The Bridge•~

The woman waited for the dust to settle to find her target. She squinted in annoyance as no response was made for what felt like minutes that was until the cocking of a gun immediately kicked her into mental gear. Raising her massive sword into a defensive position she felt three shots deflect off the blade, and one smash against her left shoulder armor causing a few cracks to appear where the bullet had hit. Cursing a little in her native tongue her attention returned to the target as she finally appeared from the wreckage standing tall.

"And just what sort of problem do you have with me, Reaper? I understand our two groups are kind of at each other’s throats, but this is ridiculous."

"Don't play the role of the enganar(fool)," the woman hissed as rolled her left shoulder to lessen the stress from the surprise attack. She scanned her opponent over mainly noting her long ranged equipment. She herself was midrange for the most part so this girl had somewhat of a advantage though thanks to a certain factor revealed by the girl stance that wouldn't be to much an issue.

"It seemed my attack wasn't in complete vain. Canto tempo pensas que pode estar en que pé?(How long do you think you can stand on that foot?) I imagine this fight will be over pretty fast "Queen of Light"," she growled revealing she knew exactly what Holly truly was as she readied her blade. With a light tilt forward the woman was suddenly bursting toward Holly moving in left in right pattern to avoid giving Holly a chance to lock onto her.

"Explosión de Slash.(Burst Slash)," swinging her blade forward a sudden trail of explosions started to appear like a snake trailing straight for Holly. Whoever this woman was she was well trained, and even without her partner was able to use techniques that should have drained her strength immediately. This woman ironically dressed was indeed someone who had participated in a war of Tamers & Reaper clearly outside of New York. She was clearly not a average Reaper. The attack un-expectantly curved half way in travel before splitting into two explosive lines now coming from both sides of Holly now trapping her in a sort of "ring of fire".

"Hold still lassie if ya don't want to get hurt," a strong Irish accent called out to Holly right before the two lines collided upon her in a series of explosive power. The woman in silver armor shielded her eyes from the burst of orange light with a pissed off expression... her attack had been nullified. Once the dust settled Holly could be seen unharmed surrounded by a barrier of runic orange symbols along with a rather large elderly looking Galapagos turtle standing right in front of her.

"Oh the old bones weren't ready for that sort of travel... I haven't performed a warp into the human world in quite some time I tell ya young wipper snappers," the old reptile laughed lightly before turning his head towards Holly. "You better stay in their young lady she clearly means business, and your already wounded to much for a proper fight," he spoke earnestly as he slowly returned his attention to the annoyed woman in silver. "That quite impressive lassie the way you be throwing those attacks around without your partner around, but just like anyone else I doubt you can do it long especially against a actual spirit so why don't ye run off for today," he requested causing the girl to respond with even more curses in her native tonight clearly insulted by his request. "Oh boy the old bones are really getting tested today it seems," he sighed in his own annoyance to the girls clear stubborn nature.

"Nothings change here old one I still got the upper hand if your partners not here as well," she hissed as she pointed her blade straight at the big turtle.

"To be honest their is truth in that I haven't been in action for quite some time little one. I was just on my way to meet the one calling for me before I happened upon this little event. But I wouldn't let my age fool you I am a seasoned vet, though from the looks of it you to have seen some flames of war, but trust me lassie that doesn't compare to all the things I have seen burn," he spoke up as a rather serious tensed atmosphere started to slowly bubbled between the two with another made dash the woman went straight for the reptile spirit swinging her blade to the left. With a single eye movement to the swing of the blade the turtle summoned another runic symbol that protected his left side causing the blade to bounce back along with its user. Hissing as she felt the vibration of the deflect she pushed past the pain as she lunged forward collecting more energy clearly trying to end the fight with one attack so that she could go straight for Holly. Yet before she could perform it the turtles feet took a defensive stance as the reptile uttered one word.

"Pin." The woman in silver was suddenly smashed into the ground as another runic sphere appeared from above pinning the woman down with so much force that all around her crack lines appeared around her reaching out about 14 feet in each direction possible, and just as the turtle had said without her partner, and the way she was desperately throwing attacks around she would stand no real chance against a veteran spirit.

"Though can't say your actions were wrong if I had a chance at someone like Danu I would do the same unfortunately for you though you were to desperate to take down a big target to give a full fight... scary to think what you could do if you were thinking calmly at the time with your partner around," he admitted as the sphere disappeared along with the protective barrier around Holly. It would only take a minute before the knocked out woman would start to breath signaling she was still alive. "So then lassie anyone coming who could restrain her?"

~♫Knowing & Following♫~

"You know most likely we are being totally followed right," Rika threw into the air as she walked under the moonlight with Ician in a slow stride.

"Most likely."

"And were not going to do anything about it?"

"Correct no reason to."

"Your kidding right?"

"Negative."

"I think I hate you sometimes."

"The feelings mutual," Ician sighed as Rika continued to glare him down waiting for the order to hunt down any possible spirit scout currently outside their sensing range. But in a strange sense of order she wouldn't do it without being given the signal from Ician. She hated it, but she had promised Sirius that if he wasn't their with them that she would follow Ician, or Sabela's orders at the time since she was in fact the youngest member. Before any further conversation could be made though the two reapers could feel Icians partner creating a communication line with them.

"I have found the boss," with a simple exchange of looks both gave each other s simple smile... they were now back on track. "Stay in your position, and he will be in-route in about twelve minutes. Me, and Avaline are heading over their right now Milord."

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
---------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~A New Sense~~~~~~

Everything always brought a dullness to Danu’s senses. It was only the rare occurrences, like when a new Reaper or Tamer was partnered, or the appearance of a great show of power, anything that usually came with a short but strong burst of energy that caught Danu’s eye.

And over the woman’s time in New York, those instances were getting fewer and fewer. Which was why when Danu opened her eyes, the woman still sitting within the lavishly furnished apartment, it was with a rather surprised gaze, as if she was staring off further than she could see ahead of her through the large windows.

The strange and rather alien crack in space before Danu soon made itself more noticeable, the tear giving a wild flair of energy as it slowly opened for the Reaper.

~~~~~~Bow To The Queen~~~~~~

Though the fight between Holly, the Old turtle Spirit, and the armoured woman had ended, the damage caused during it still remained. The crushed taxi still laying in a heap on the road, with the unconscious body of the cabbie himself laying behind the mound of scrap metal, for the most part out of the danger the fight had brought.

As the spirit turned to ask Holly if there was anyone around who could take care of the weakly breathing woman, it was the answer of a sudden pulse of energy through the air, along with the appearance of a floating tear in space, that came to them both.

As the opening flared wide, the sight of a dark-red haired woman, sitting in what could be seen as some kind of well decorated room one wouldn’t find strange to see in the more wealthy sides of the city, was a sight that would have brought possibly confusion to Holly, but most definitely fear and worry to the turtle Spirit and the armoured woman, if she was conscious that was.

What a splendid sight. To think such a fine and ripe Spirit like yourself would show up. You have no clue to how happy I am.” Said Danu, her bright purple eyes and kind smile showing that of a sincerely happy woman. After speaking however, the faint sign of something rippling the air as it moved along her shoulders suddenly occurred, along with the sight of a single but glowing red eye staring widely at the Spirit and Holly.

It was like a floodgate was opened, the thick fog that suddenly appeared soon covered the entire length of the massive bridge, and from it Nightmares began to rush out and charge towards the Spirit and Tamer. Though the creatures were some of the most common of Nightmares, the sheer numbers they had were nothing to laugh about, the large raven-like Nightmares circling and controlling the sky, while the growing pack of wolves perched themselves on the now abandoned cars of the bridge. The literal blockade of Nightmares forming on one side of the bridge slowly grew larger, which along with the other side being nothing but the floating tear and Danu, meant some kind of dangerous decision would have to be made, and very quickly.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
-confusion-

"Rhea are you sure you're headed the right way?"

"Yes I am... I can sense a tamer nearby... but I can't seem to pinpoint a good route to reach it..."

"Okay... hmmm just let me think... what direction is it?"

"Just east of here but there's no doors that are open or any other passages I can make to get to the source..."

Renn scratched his head and walked up to the building she specified...

"So Rhea... what's your home like?"

"ravaged by war at the moment... many spirits left to see if our bond with the humans could help us solve this problem but it seems it's a war on all fronts..."

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~- Strange Things Did Happen Here (Past) -~

Demona smiled at Sirius, keeping all but that action closed off to this man. Following into step next to him, she didn't stumble from the sudden change of pace. A little on edge, she reluctantly turned her back on Sirius to deal with Nightshade and Sabor, in an attempt to get them to relax along with herself. Humming softly to herself, she ran her fingers through Nightshade's fur before moving onto Sabor, who she expected to resist a little bit but hopefully it wouldn't be too much.

After getting Sabor to relax, and she felt better, Angie turned to look at Sirius as Nightshade answered him in a guarded fashion. Are you, are you, coming to the tree? Angie thought, continuing the song in her mind as she sensed all of the night air around. She heard Sirius's guarded response, and she honestly couldn't blame him for it. Deciding to give a little ground, Angie shrugged and decided to try her own hand at the situation. "Forgive Nightshade, she's still a little on edge from the fight with that Tamer from earlier." Angie said apologetically, pointedly ignoring the tigress's nervous look as she approached Sirius.

Keeping herself calm, Angie continued, "I may know somethings about what Lady Danu has planned, but there are other things, that I know nothing about. As for my group's mission under Lady Danu? We seek to help her achieve her goals, while achieving our own." Angie paused, trying to figure out just how much information she could give without compromising her team. "I guess you could say, at the current moment in time, our group's mission is the same as Danu's. We do have our own goals, but it currently goes hand in hand with Danu's. What about yours?" She asked innocently, the reluctance to talk about their mission could easily be chalked up to her trying to protect her team and Danu, since she currently knew nothing about Sirius.

Watching him through the blindfold, Angie swayed slightly to the rhythm in her head; the eerie melody oddly being comforting as the old lullaby wove through her mind. "Are you, are you, coming to the tree? Wear a necklace of hope, side by side with me." She sang, seemingly wrapped up in her own world as shades from previous years danced in front of her, apparently conjured by the song that Angie was singing. "Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight; in the hanging tree."

Getting a hold of herself, Angie looked at Sirius and smiled shyly, tangling her fingers in Nightshade's fur who seemed more relaxed than before Angie had started singing. Petting the feline nightmare again, she continued continuing humming the song, a slight smile on her face as she waited for Sirius to make the next move. Before either of them had a chance to respond, a white rhino appeared and approached Sirius; who greeted the creature with affection. Fascinated by the creature, Angie found it mildly amusing that the rhino's name was Abstergo, already knowing that Jace would be on edge around it.

After a quick exchange with the rhino, which Angie ignored to give the two some privacy, Sirius said, "Well then We can keep moving now though albeit a bit slower if you don't mind my friend here isn't very fast when in a calm state."

Nodding in understanding, Angie answered, "Of course we can take it slower for your friend, who is quite handsome by the way." Looking to Sabor again, she nodded that it was okay to get going before she started to walk away, her mind on high alert as the legend of a certain creature came to mind. Feeling Nightshade slide up next to her, Angie tangled her fingers in the feline's fur as her eyes darted up toward the sky, searching behind the blindfold for any indication of the creature that was said to hunt at night.

~- Curiosity Has the Kitty -~

Siam looked up at Sky as she walked in, having readjusted herself so she was able to watch the doorway. Cocking her head to the side, she listened as Sky apologized to Rizan for how rude they'd been. Purring slightly, she butted her head against Sky's hand, trying to coax the other girl into giving her a good scratch behind the ears. Pausing in her purring, and efforts as calming Rizan down, Siam cocked her head to the other side. She wasn't exactly sure what it was, but something had just happened in the room with Sam and Alex. Mewing pathetically, Siam turned in a circle and curled up in Rizan's lap, purring louder than she had been before in an effort to calm herself down.

She heard Rizan's questions, but her mind wandered elsewhere as Sky answered the questions. She did briefly chime in when it came to the Spirits and Nightmares being able to take on human form though. "That I'm aware of I'm the only one that can do it in the present time. It's rumored that the Spirits and Reapers from the very beginning could, but apparently as time went on that ability disappeared." Siam explained softly, her mind again turning to other matters at hand.

Sniffing the air for a trace of where Alex could have gone, the Spirit came up with little evidence that could help her. Instead, she felt something tugging at the edge of her mind, the cat sat up straighter as she attempted to figure it out. Pinpointing the source of her sudden distraction, she suddenly remembered the thing about Sky and Devon's cousin coming into town. Leveling a curious look at Sky, she asked innocently, "Who exactly is your cousin Sky?" Siam wasn't sure why, but all of a sudden she couldn't shake the feeling that Sky's cousin really was in trouble.

Well, it kept her from thinking about a certain missing Tamer for the time being.

~- People of the World Tonight -~

Jezebel flew overhead, it hadn't taken Jace and Eric long to meet up for patrol. Merlin flew next to her, grumbling about that day's confrontation with Eric and food. She couldn't blame the dragon, she was worried about Eric's health because of the way he treated himself. Scanning the ground below her, she saw that the two boys seemed to have been in a deep conversation; one that she was positive involved Eric trying to get a rise out of Jace while her partner deflected one verbal jab after another.

Returning her attention to in front of her, she noticed the sudden haze near the bridge only for the haze to transform into a crowd of Nightmares. A quick glance toward Merlin told the younger Nightmare everything she needed to know, he saw it too and he also sensed something over there that was strong. "It's probably Lady Danu's doing, Jezebel." Merlin said matter of factually, but even then it was polite; nodding to the time that the dragon had spent time in Britain. She was sure that the dragon was right, but she still dove toward Jace's shoulder anyway. Evening out lower down, she landed gently on the teen's shoulder just as Eric snapped, "No shit Sherlock, get your lazy ass in gear."

"I am not lazy!" Jace snapped in response, finally showing some agitation at the other boy's commentary.

"Maybe, but your ass sure is. Let's get going towards the bridge." Eric retorted just as angry as ever. "Oh and Toady, get your scaly rear down here now." Before the blond stalked off ahead of them, clearly in a foul mood at whatever discussion Jason and him had been having.

Sneaking a look at her partner, Jezebel joked lightly, "I guess Eric skipped breakfast again. Although he's right, Jace, we really should check this mess out for in case it's not Danu." A mumbled agreement later, and the taller Reaper had set off after her coworker; catching up without much effort. She saw the concerned look that Merlin was shooting at Eric whenever the reaper wasn't looking, and again Jezebel felt sorry for the other nightmare. He really didn't deserve the treatment he got, but there wasn't much changing that fact.

Jezebel looked up as a dragon's roar cut through the air, and it only served as a temporary distraction for her. Instead, she turned her mind back to the present task at hand; getting the mess at the bridge under control. It was a little while after the dragon's roar split the air that they reached the bridge, and while it took some time to get to an area where they could see what was going on; Jezebel immediately took in her surroundings as soon as she got into a position where she could see.

Spotting the turtle, Jezebel whistled in amazement at the sheer presence that the old turtle had. She hadn't felt anything like that other than from her older teammates, mainly Mor'du who had seen more battles than his fair share. Shaking her head to dismiss the amazement, Jezebel turned her eyes skyward to see was was coming in from overhead; only for her heart to sinking as her eyes found a comet of fire that was heading straight for the center of the attack. The delivery of the skill was very familiar to her, and that meant there was only one Spirit that could be caught in the middle of it.

"Ezio's here." Jezebel said wistfully, distracted by the fiery display the other raptor put on. Feeling Jace's eyes on her, the nightmare wasn't caught off guard when he asked her who Ezio was. Without taking her eyes away from the Spirit's location, she answered in the same tone, "He's someone I used to know. "

~- Everyone's Looking For Something -~

He ran through the field, jumping over the bodies of water as he came to them. Tossing his head back, the stallion pushed himself harder so he could make the next jump. Clearing it with ease, the spirit kept the pace up as he kept running, his mane snapping in the wind. Approaching the next jump, he slowed down to a leisurely walk, deciding to take a quick break as he approached the water. Staring into the calm surface, the Spirit stared at his reflection for several minutes; trying to pick out the changes. "There you are Apollo, I was wondering where you ran off to." The girl's voice drew Apollo out away from his reflection.

Whining a little, he threw his head back as he backed up from the water; even though he knew that the girl was blind. Walking toward her, he butted his head against her hand so she could pet him. Closing his eyes, the spirit let his mind go blank for several minutes before another voice pierced his mind; but this one made him uncomfortable for a different reason than the girl. "Honestly, you two should know better than to take off like that; especially you Apollo." Cassandra reprimanded, the feel of the mare's eyes on his skin made the younger Spirit uncomfortable. Blushing slightly, if it was even possible for a horse to blush, Apollo threw his head back once more as he stepped backwards nervously.

"Cassandra, that's enough. You didn't need to scold either me or Apollo, we were just having a little fun. Isn't that right, Apollo?" The girl asked, her voice was oddly soothing despite the reprimand in her words.

He felt comfortable with the girls, or at least he did for the most part; after a couple of moments Apollo answered, "Yes." He wasn't bonded to the girl, but he found that he kept coming back to her and Cassandra, something about them drew him back each and every time.

Apollo watched as the Tamer stretched, seemingly pleased with the outcome of the situation based on the smile on her face. "Come on you two, we've got to find them before we run out of time. Let's get moving!" The Tamer chirped cheerfully, hauling herself up on Cassandra's back, then the trio was back on the move again; searching for whoever it is they're looking for.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~- Eagle Knight -~

A surge of warmth pillowed under Ezio's wings, the thermals lifting the raptor higher as he pushed himself for every drop of speed he had in him. The Spirit could still sense Devon and Largo, though Ezio had lost his land bound companions shortly after the three of them had departed Damhan's place. All he could focus on now was the Brooklyn Bridge.

Holly. She was Skylar and Devon's cousin. A young Legacy like the brother and sister, Holly lived in San Francisco with her parents while she pursued a career as a model. That's what Ezio had been told about her, in any case. He'd only found his way to New York in the last eight months, and he'd been roosting with Sky and her family almost the entire time. Ezio hadn't been surprised to see Largo there; just a wingful of years older than Ezio, from the time of the French Revolution, Largo was a wily Spirit, and he fit Devon like a glove in terms of personality and fighting ability. Ezio actually remembered Largo and his partner helping out the girl that would become Ezio's partner after he had hatched for her.

Loki. Just the thought of her had Ezio missing the young slave girl all over again. The years leading up to and during the War Between the States hadn't been a good time to be of mixed heritage, but that's just what Loki had been. A young mulatto with Mohawk ancestry, Loki had stood out, even among the other slaves on the Louisiana plantation she had lived on her entire life until her mother had taken her and made a run for it on the Underground Railroad when Loki was ten. The girl's mother had been recaptured, but because of Loki's coloring, the girl was able to disappear into the woods, in time meeting up with River, the young native american warrior that was Largo's partner.

But even as memories of Loki and the Indian village threatened to overcrowd his thoughts, Ezio felt a familiar pulse of power, one that he hadn't felt since the adult Loki had fallen in battle to the Reapers. A power that she had given to her daughter, just before Loki had given herself to protect the girl. He also felt a pull he hadn't felt in almost a century, the calling of a Bonded Partner. In that moment, Loki felt closer than ever, and Ezio recognized the truth of both Noct and Leo's warnings.

The Queens had returned.

Ezio sensed a disturbance in the fabric of reality just as he felt the presence of a multitude of Nightmares. His gaze pulled forward, the Spirit realized that he had reached the Brooklyn Bridge. On one side of the bridge, he saw the tear that he'd sensed. On the other, an impassable wall of Nightmares stood watch. Right in the center of the bridge was an old turtle and a young woman with deep red hair, her form tense and ready for battle as she held an arrow at the ready against a taught bow string.

A deep roar rumbled through the air, reverberating in Ezio's chest as a heat began to build at his back. Recognizing the battle threat from the patriarch of the New York Hunters, Ezio didn't try to get out of the way. Instead, he let the dragon fire consume him as Matt released a gout of flame from his maw. The Spirit gave a harsh cry of his own, the feathers of the eagle giving way to the fiery plumage of a phoenix as he dived through the ravens and straight toward the wolves. He would protect Holly. She was Alpha. Queen. His partner.

Lady Hawk.

~- Fading for You -~

"Rizan. Its a pleasure to meet you."

Sky smiled, a nice, warm look in her eyes that nonetheless turned more troubled as Rizan wasted no time in asking her about their standing in the war. "I know Sammy would say we're holding our own, but I don't know. Sam and Michael are the only Tamers I knew besides my family before the last couple of days. And then the story my parents tell is different. They don't say it to our faces, but I think my mom and dad have a better grasp on the bigger scope because they keep in touch with my aunts and uncles. From what I've overheard, I think we might be losing ground..."

Sky's voice trailed off as she reprimanded herself for speaking so bleakly with Rizan. None of them were kids, not really, so they didn't need to be coddled; but at the same time, they were young, and Rizan looked like he'd led a normal life, which translated as sheltered in Sky's book. Even though she wasn't as strong a fighter as Devon, Sky was a warrior; she'd been trained for combat, both weapons and magic, since she was ten. She knew she'd get stronger when she found her partner, and though that thought calmed her, she knew she wasn't as rattled as Rizan would soon be, even if he didn't quite know that fact just yet. Even so, the thought that they could die, any one of them...

She was grateful when Rizan changed the topic, asking about Siam and the other Spirits. Extending her hand, Sky waited until Siam had bumped her head against her hand in permission before Sky rubbed the Spirit behind the ears. As Siam got her motor going, Sky said, "I haven't seen any of the others turn into people before. My father can turn into different animals in a fight, but that's because Largo said Dad's a Changeling, meaning that he can tap into a vein of old Spirit magic that just about no one can anymore. Maybe Siam got a hold of that magic too, but it lets her turn into a human instead."

A shouted cry sounded out in the hall, dragging Sky's attention from her conversation with Rizan. Lifting her hand from Siam's head, Sky muttered, "What in the world...?"

~- The Past that Will Always Be -~

"Slow down, Natasha!"

Of course, Nat didn't listen. Already a strong willed girl, Nat was consumed by the song pounding in her head as she raced down one street after the next, and she knew she wouldn't stop until she found the source of the calling. She couldn't stop.

Nat swung around the corner, her dark hair flying behind her in streamers, and almost collided with a tall boy with dark red hair. For his part, the boy was fast; with a startled cry, he dove to the side, ducking into a roll at the last moment to lessen his impact with the ground. Instead of sprawling, though, he used the momentum from his roll to bring him back to his feet. He had skills, this one. A glint of white showed at his knuckles as a surprising amount of steel flared in his eyes.

"Dev, easy! She's one of ours!"

Nat regained her breath as a tiger came running up behind the boy, causing the girl to realize that the red head was a Tamer. Shame crept into the boy's eyes as he said softly, "Sorry, I didn't mean..."

But Natasha wasn't listening anymore. She'd already started running again, following that pull, and she only just heard Leah say to the boy, "I'm sorry. My friend's not normally like this; something's made her crazy!"

"It might be the same kind of crazy that's gotten into me, then." The boy's voice sounded behind her, and Nat realized that he seemed to be following after her and Leah. Great, here's hoping he wasn't a stalker!

Before the guy could elaborate on what he thought her crazy was, though, Nat finally came to a stop, her breath leaving her in one fast huff. For one thing, she'd just run all the way to the freaking Brooklyn Bridge. For another? There was a great big, huge ass wall of Nightmares in front of her!

"Shit!"

The oath came from the boy, and Natasha couldn't help but agree with him. That pull had become stronger then ever, and she knew that whatever it was that was calling her, it was past this wall of Nightmares. The irritation that had been hanging on ever since dealing with the Reapers from the club finally became too much for Nat, and she practically screeched, "You damned Nightmares; get back to your own cursed realm!"

A low roar and a scream from the air caught the girl's attention, just as several of the wolf Nightmares turned their attention on Nat. Looking up, she saw a long, serpentine dragon bearing down on the hoard, his maw opened wide as a geyser of flames burst forth, laying waste to numerous Nightmares. A raptor rode the flames, taking on the form of a mythical phoenix as it dive bombed into the fray as well.

"Holly!"

Tearing her eyes from the spectacle above her at the cry, Nat saw Leah, Ebony, the boy, and the tiger go flying into the fray, Leah duel wielding her swords while claws of bone erupted from the boy's knuckles. Ebony reared on his hind legs, calling up a gale of wind to blow the Nightmares nearest him away and even over the bridge railings. Looking through the brief gap in the Nightmare wall, Nat saw a red headed woman standing in the middle of the bridge, and standing beside her, causing the call to throb higher than ever...

Was a turtle. The biggest turtle Nat had ever seen.

~- Calypso -~

Lucas didn't bat an eye as Eric shoved past him, the blonde's face set in its usual, sour expression. Lucas just looked down into the training room for a moment, contemplating some work with the sais or a halberd, but the Reaper decided after another moment that he wasn't really in the mood for weapons practice. He was just feeling too restless, and claustrophobia was setting in at the mere thought of being in the basement.

"Lucas?"

Lucas turned around, meeting Twila's gaze as the filly looked him over. A small smile flitting about his face, Lucas reached out to the mare, rubbing his hand over her forelock as he said, "Come on, girl. We're heading out for a bit. Just let me get something from my room."

Twila tossed her head, whickering softly as she did. Lucas let his long stride carry him away from the training room, down the hall, and up the front set of stairs, until he entered into his room. Descending on his desk, he opened one of the drawers, reaching past a massive, leather bound album and a small box to reach his cell phone. For a moment, he let his eyes linger on the album, even trailing a finger along it, but he was quick to return his priorities to their proper order. There would be enough time to manage that album later.

Pocketing the phone, he shut the desk drawer, exited the room and locked the door behind him, then he was down the stairs and out the front door of the apartment, Twila trotting at his side.

~- Lady Hawk -~

"Don't play the role of the enganar. It seemed my attack wasn't in complete vain. Canto tempo pensas que pode estar en que pé? I imagine this fight will be over pretty fast "Queen of Light.""

Despite her pretty face and youth, Holly was a warrior. She'd been taught the bow since she'd been old enough to draw the string and loose an arrow, and she was the finest archer she knew next to her father, and that wasn't pride talking. Even her father admitted she could surpass him in time, all she needed was experience. She'd trained her body so she could withstand higher levels of pain and injury so she could keep fighting unless the wound was a crippling one; her leg hurt, and she'd probably get laid up for a while after she got away, but for now, she could endure and fight on. She'd grown up with this conflict all around her, and she knew the harsh reality that sometimes, people did die, and they could be people that were close to you. She wasn't desensitized, but she knew and understood the sacrifices that were required of a Tamer, Legacy or not.

And yet, Holly blanched when the Reaper had called her out as one of the Queens. For the human Queens, the power was passed from mother to daughter, and it had only been a given on what Holly was destined to be when she began displaying the same powers Lily had. Her parents hadn't wanted Holly to travel all the way across the country by herself, because they knew the danger she'd be in if she did. But it couldn't be helped; Lily and Rhys were needed to keep the Tamers of San Francisco safe, and Holly had to come to New York to get her partner. Uncle Matt and Aunt Leyla were the big reason that Holly had been able to go at all, but she'd forgotten all about Murphy's law. The final leg of her journey where she'd be on her own, and that was when the Reapers reared their ugly heads.

"Explosión de Slash."

Holly scrambled for a defensive shield as the attack bore down on her, only to be surprised when one that wasn't of her making sprang up around her. Several things happened in quick order after that, including the well meaning turtle Spirit saying several things to irritate the young Tamer as he laid a beat down on the Reaper. Passion running strong as it did in her family, Holly snapped, "Thanks for the help, Spirit, but it'll take more than a minor sprain to slow me down. I can handle my own battles!"

“What a splendid sight. To think such a fine and ripe Spirit like yourself would show up. You have no clue to how happy I am.”

And ques another unwanted visitor for Holly. Her grip tightening on the shaft of the bow as she knocked an arrow, Holly found her eyes drawn to the rift in the sky that showed a woman sitting in a throne like chair. Holly kept her stance battle ready and composed, doing her best not to let her inner unease show in her body. She felt how old the Reaper was, and how powerful. The woman's claim to power was only backed up as she called up a legion of lower, Unbonded Nightmares to trap the Spirit and Tamer on the bridge.

"So then lassie anyone coming who could restrain her?"

Even though Holly knew the Spirit was talking about the Reaper on the bridge, and not the queenly one in the rift, Holly almost wanted to laugh. Suddenly, the insane, clearly younger Reaper didn't seem to matter as much as she was faced with what seemed to be quite obviously the Queen of Nightmares. Before she had further time to whip herself into a panic, though, a low roar rumbled through the air at the same time that a familiar voice barked, "Holly!"

Her spirits immediately bolstered, the young woman said to the turtle, "Yeah, I'd say the cavalry just got here!" But the girl was distracted almost instantly, even as Devon and a woman that Holly had never seen fought their way through the throng of Nightmares. First there was a shouted cry of exasperation, and Holly saw that it had come from another Tamer, a girl with dark hair; and at that moment, Holly felt the connection between the Spirit and that girl. "You might want to get her over here, or yourself over there, good sir," Holly said to the turtle.

But what had the Legacy's attention even more was the Spirit that went wheeling through the Nightmares, his plumage coated in the dragon fire Uncle Matt had released. The bird pulled out of his dive, a defiant scream falling from his beak as he set up for another pass. Raising her arm, she did what was probably the most insane move in this battle royale she was suddenly in. She stayed still, waiting for the raptor to come to her. Quietly, she whispered, "Ezio..."

Her partner.

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Awards
After several hours of walking around in the darkness, did Leo stop to take a moment to recollect his breath and in doing so brought himself to pick up an scent: a human one, that is. Humming in a low growl and starting to turn around to deal with this intruder, claws extended at the ready.

He quickly turned around to attack only to be stopped by the familiar face of Prince Eric of Atlancia. Shaking his head and giving off a huff of air from his lips, he rightfully scolded the young seaman for it. "Eric! You should be careful when it comes to protection of your family," Leo spoke to Eric as he trotted to him, tail flicking back and forth.

The seaman shook his head and apologized to the King and an ally in the war against the Reapers and Nightmares. "I'm sorry, my friend. I should have been more careful, but I couldn't stay cooped up in the castle; You know how it is when it comes to Ariel," Eric spoke in amusement in terms of his wife as he sat down on a flat rock, lifting his right leg to cross over the other leg.

Even Leo would agree with that statement as it comes with their family's problems concerning life in a war-torn Realm. Seeing the face of Eric reminded him of the old days where he would just have fun without worry, even if it was temporarily in that point of time. His ears picked up when Eric asked if things were going smoothly tonight and the lion gave out of a grunt in agreement and without adding any more, he did have to say this: "While it is as you say 'smooth', my mind has been distanced lately," Leo said absently as his nose picked up another scent; It wasn't human and highly dangerous.

The prince almost missed the humor to it but couldn't help but give an thin smile on his face then quickly appear to be concerned for his furry friend and asked what it was that bothered him greatly, "You do know you're not alone in this, right? And I already know of the rumors that you have found a partner to call your own and help out. Is that what you are worried about?" Eric asked.

Still intently focused on the scent, he sort of answered the seaman's question and told him that the rumors did not bother him yet it bothered him that his partner hasn't awakened from sleep. "I suppose it is how it is when it comes to rookies, hmm?" Leo turned his head to see Eric while giving out a toothy grin. "All right, Eric.. It is time that you return to your wife and daughter; I'm sure you wouldn't want them to worry about this."

Unsurprisingly, the seaman did what he was told and knowing Leo was focused on something usually meant things were going to happen and rarely does events ever go the right way for the Tamers with the exception of hard earned ways. As Leo made sure that the prince did go home safely, he called out to his friends whom they quickly arrived and explained the scent he picked up.

"I believe I should handle this alone," he spoke out before Caesar and Zuko even begun to protest. "Beside, I have another task for you; you two need to get to Traverse Town right away, for I fear this scent is related to it."

The ape king tried to ask why, but the lion King wouldn't have it. Grumbling, Caesar quickly went to his tree to pack up while Zuko simply stared at his King.

Even Leo knew Zuko would never let him get away with it, he sighed and looked straight in the eyes of the old dragon. It was then he wondered when was the last time he even paid attention to details of his friend. "What is it, Zuko?"

The dragon continued to stare before breaking the silence that hung in the air. "It's him, is it?" Leo said nothing to that. Zuko went on as he double checked his items, clearly ready for anything from herbs to books regarding anything. "I would advise against this; you facing him.. Surely it is better to have friends on your side to handle him."

Almost did Leo wish he had came alone to handle this detail of protection, but when Caesar and Zuko found out about it they dropped everything and joined him, despite Zuko asking the latter of it earlier on. Once when they caught up with him, he was in the middle of conversing with Queen Ariel and upon seeing them had to rearrange the deal established to suit his friends.

The lion knew he could use his friends' help on this one, but something else was off and somehow it involves Traverse Town.. whatever it could be, Leo couldn't be in two place, hence the rapidly changing of events that has him sending his royal friends to the task. And of course, to check in with Her on things in town.

Not wanting to lose precious time with this, he told Zuko he knows he meant well but this mission is important to the Tamers even if it's out of the blue. "Zuko, I'll be fine.. Beside, I took him down by tearing one of his wings using my power of Lightning. And yes, I admit I had the help of General Washington's soldiers," Leo rang out as the mention of his old friend had him nearly in sadness, almost close into depression.. But that would cause him to lose his leadership, so no to that.

The dragon shook his head at this, but knew it would be hard to change Leo's mind when it was already set from the start... Zuko hoped this partner of his would try to break that, judging from the rumors that milled throughout the Realm, if not at least that.

Once Caesar had returned, Zuko and his slightly annoyed furry friend both took leave by using Zuko's ancient teleportation spell. A huge beam of light came down to the earth itself with a loud BOOM and with that, the two friends of the king stepped inside and disappeared as the portal lifted up, up and away into the clouds of the darkness.

With them out of the way, Leo looked upon the sky and called out to the mysterious being that hung around, flying around. "Come down, dragon! I know you are here and something tells me this is meant to be business!" His voice echoed loud enough for the being to hear.

~~~

Traverse Town.. A town that brings hope to those that seeks refuge from the hands of Reapers and Nightmares. It lays between Light and Darkness and is considered to be the headquarters of the Resistance of those who opposes the Reapers and their leader, Lady Danu.

As the moonlight shines through the night, far in the distance at the same time the sphere of Darkness and the Beam of Light touches down to two separate spots; One in the alleyway and the other close to the entrance of Traverse Town. Two friends of the king arrives by the entrance of Traverse Town and a young Tamer girl has been laid on her back in the alleyway, both unknowing the other would be meeting each other that would truly bring both Mortal and Spirit Tamers together.

~~~

Alex slowly opened and closed her eyes, trying to rub the sleepiness out of her eyes. Yawning, she mumbled something about it being an 'dream' when a dog came by and jumped on her chest, causing her to be startled and alert. "Woah, boy!" she yelped as the dog panted, her tail twitching in joy at meeting a new friend.

With some difficulty but thanks to the large dog friend, she was able to get up on her feet and with that, her new friend shot off in the distance.

"Hey, wait up!" Alex yelled to the dog and ran after it, only to be stopped when she set her sights upon the new place she was in. "Woah..." she said quietly but in awe of everything. She couldn't believe she was in a new world, but yet she could tell something was off, but wasn't sure what.

As she started to take her first step to check the town out that reminded her of New York's Neon District just from the signs that shows many things from a cafe to some market places that sells items. What items, Alex wasn't sure but probably knew it had some goodies to help out with the town people, when she felt something pressing on her shin and looked down; it was a piece of paper that showed the true face of the town.

The paper showed the town in it's former light yet when she looked up to the real town, she saw it appeared to be dim. How that it came to be, she'd find out in her due time. It also had words on it: "This town is now the property of the Reapers and if anyone shall dare to take this town back shall surely die by the hand of this Reaper, the lusciously queen Vixen!"

After reading that, nausea filled her stomach and with righteous anger, Alex crumpled it up and toss it away in the can nearby the side door that led into the Item Shop. She walked down the stairs that would lead her to the public space of the town when she nearly bumped into an large yet strong man and his burly gangs of men.

"Hey, woman's walking here!" She nearly shouted at the top of her lungs but the men ignored her as they headed down to the Cafe. Snorting, she decided to pay the Cafe a visit, wondering if maybe by any per chance they'd know who this 'source' she was looking for in relation to finding Leo.

As Alex entered the cafe, she took the time to notice some few people in there; they were probably the loyal customers of the owner of this cafe. She also saw a very pretty yet cute woman wearing a pretty green gown with a spice of blue around the shoulder and near her cleavage as the woman worked on, which caused Alex to clear her throat before walking up to the front where the bartender worked his ass off.

The bartender took notice of the newcomer and offered his hellos to her. "What shall it be, my good lady?" Alex smiled at him and asked him if he had any soda and to her surprise, he told there aren't any soda. "In fact, what is a Soda?" he quizzed.

Shaking her head at the dumb question yet understood what Nala meant by different culture, she decided to ask for water which the bartender complied and gave the full glass of water to her. "Enjoy!" he spoke and smiled at her then went straight to work. Taking a drink of her water and taking the time to really notice the woman behind her via the mirror in front of her, Alex wondered if she could be able to tell her about it when the same men that she saw earlier came in and one of the men, presumably the leader, bellowed at the woman to come here.

Not moving, Alex watched the whole thing as the lady continued to ignore them and helped out with the customers which the leader didn't like at all. Alex decided to call him 'Bob' for the simplicity of it as Bob made his way to her. What happened next would make Alex all pissed off when Bob grabbed her by the wrist and the table that was on her hand fell down to the ground, the glasses and plates clattering around.

"You haven't paid your debt to me for saving your life from those cursed Nightmares," Bob ranged out as the lady struggled to get free. The bartender tried to help when he clicked his tongue as an signal to his men to keep him at bay; The two of them grabbed ahold of him while the third, a woman, smiled at him in wonder of what to do if the black man ever tried anything.

Alex was able to see the name tag of her and it was Cindy as Cindy explained to Bob about this. "Clancy, enough! I won't be your pimp, all right? I know what you did to save me was enough, but to make me do this.. It's nuts; you're nuts!"

She received an slap from him as Alex debated on inserting herself in this mess when Clancy threatened to cut her funds off, citing 'unwilling to do clean-up her act' then proceeded to try to take her clothes off in public. Cindy cried for anyone to help, but the customers knew better not to get involved with one of the Reapers' gang, the Dark Ones. Sobbing, Cindy hoped for anyone to help, anyone.

That was the camel that broke the straw for Alex. Grabbing her glass, she turned around fast as lightning and splashed her water all over Clancy's face then with amazing speed, tossed the glass across the room toward the left man which was well received as the tender managed to punch the other in the face and tossing the woman halfway across the cafe to the outside then ran away to call for help.

Following this, Alex gave one hell of a punch to the face of the burly man and pushing the waitress out of the way then proceeding to kick him in the nuts and following with a running drop-kick to the chest of the man causing him to tumble outside to the big wide area of the town.

Getting up to her feet with a kip-up, she glanced to Cindy to make she was all right; Cindy responded with a wave of her hand. Giving a short nod to her, Alex walked outside as Clancy struggled to get up on his feet but eventually was able to.

Clancy growled at her, prompting her to growl back as well. He pointed to her, his left hand summoning his weapon which turned out to be an hammer. "YOU!!" He bellowed at her, causing Alex to plug her fingers into her ears. "You dare to fight me? Me, the leader of the Dark Ones?"

Raising her hood up and summoning her knifes, Alex got into her fighting stance as she quipped back. "Uh, yeah I am.. Got a problem with that, God of blunder?" Alex smiled and couldn't believed she just delivered a one-liner.

Sammy would be proud of her of that, she thought.

Now, it was time for a brawl as the two stared at each other, waiting for each other to start when all of a sudden Clancy started laughing. "Hahaha!!!"

Alex couldn't figured out what the hell he was laughing about when she noticed she was completely surrounded by him and his gangs. She forgot to account for them.

Great. Now it was FOUR against one and that wasn't great in her odds.. "Oh, what the hell? What's the worst that would happen?" she muttered to herself as she stood prepared for a long, hard fight.

Let the show begin.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~- Hole in My Inner Defenses -~

"As you could hear from Utorem, your young friend is quite safe and well. Unfortunately as far as we can tell right now, there is nothing helpful we can do, except by keeping her body comfortable and restful until she can return herself. The exactly way I have heard about this, means that there are only a few ways it can end. Either, the one responsible for this leads your friend back to her body, or, young Alex is strong enough to do so herself."

"Spirit Walker." The words were a barely breathed whisper from Noct, but at the same time, he felt relief that neither Utorem nor Damhan felt that the one that led Alex's mind away from her sleeping body was of a malicious personality. Looking up, the Spirit saw that Sammy was trying to calm himself, but the young man was having a hard time doing so. Knowing how much the Tamer had come to care for the girl during his time supervising detentions, Noct butted his head against Sam's palm, the cat doing his best to reassure his partner.

"What if that's not the case though?" Far from reassuring him, Damhan, Utorem, and Noct's words only seemed to agitate Sammy further. Turning to look at them, his eyes scrunched up in concern, the whisker tatts on his cheeks bunching up and seeming to frown as he said, "It's not like Spirits can't defect, and there's been one or two legends of Reapers and Nightmares passing themselves off as Tamers and Spirits. Just because she went willingly doesn't mean she wasn't tricked."

Sam's suspicions were a little out of character for him, but his words had hit Noct with a chilling blast. The lion pulled away from Sam, a war suddenly raging in Noct's head as he fought the old wound that had been slashed open all over again. Seeming to notice his partner's sudden distress, Sammy boxed up his concerns for a moment as he dropped to crouch in front of Noct, bringing the young Tamer to the Spirit's eye level. Resting a comforting hand on Noct's head, Sammy said, "What's wrong, bud? You've been off the last couple days since what happened at the school. Largo said you guys ran into a few Nightmares outside after I went back in to check on Alex and Siam, but I know that's not all of it, not when you cut through them like they're nothing. Who was there?"

"Nightmares can be turned for the greater good. It's happened in the past, and it can happen in the future, too." Noct's voice was quiet, his words halting as he fought his way past old wounds that still ached to reach memories that were centuries old, but felt as if they'd been formed yesterday. "Sometimes, Spirits fall from grace. That too, has happened before. Sometimes, they grow tired of watching their comrades fall, and when they can't deal with the pain of their losses any longer, they fall as well, sometimes into death, and sometimes they become Nightmares. Some are driven mad with grief when their partners are killed, and they turn much more quickly.

"Sonnet did."

Noct couldn't look at Sammy, but he felt the way that the young man's hand clenched itself tightly in his mane. Noct heard how rough Sam's voice became as he said, "The wolf that had been with Mor'du? Largo said that's when you froze up, was when you were confronted by those two."

Noct pulled away from Sammy, the lion's eyes downcast. On the one hand, he was faintly glad that Sam was distracted; Sammy could get so wrapped up in his worry for his teammates that he couldn't see straight sometimes. But on the other, Noct's mind was filled with flames, a once lush forest a raging inferno. His wings aching, his limbs numb from battle, magic and strength nearly gone. He remembered Sonnet, trying to rescue her from the flames, the grief he'd felt when he saw Sonnet's partner crushed beneath a fallen tree. The pain in the wolf's eyes from her injuries and Anne's death. David's suicide. The Nightmares capturing Sonnet. The loss of her light.

It was all Noct's fault.

"Spirit's fall." Noct's voice was rough, barely more than a broken whisper. Memories filled his mind, ones so filled with pain that Noct felt they'd cripple him. "Spirits fall. Even those that are among the best of us aren't immune to what the death of someone close to us can do."

Noct could sense Sam's horror as the Tamer asked, "Noct, what are you saying? Please don't tell me it's what I think you are."

The lion looked past Sam to meet Damhan's eyes instead as Noct rumbled softly, "I've always believed in the return of the Queens. I'd seen that they were real. I know what kind of saving grace they can extend. Before she fell, Sonnet had been a Spirit.

"She'd been a Queen of Light."

~- Another Side -~

He watched the young man as he left the brown stone apartment. No, the Reaper had to correct himself on that observation. Even with his height and build, the youth below him was still little more than a dark haired boy out to play with his pet mare. The Nightmare trotted along at the boy's side, her ebony coat gleaming in the city's afternoon light. She was docile for the moment, but the onlooker had seen the mare and boy in action; he knew just how lethal the duo could be, perhaps even more so than the boy's comrades knew of his skills.

The Reaper stood with a booted foot raised on the edge of the roof, leaning forward so he could rest his arm across his knee. The wings at his back flexed ever so slightly, the muscles of his bare back bunching and pulling as the wings begged for the sky. And yet, he stayed where he was, enjoying the heat of the day for the moment as the sun's rays soaked into the darkness of his feathers. For now, the older Reaper was content to watch the boy. He knew the time was coming.

The pieces were at last all falling into place.

~- Trying to Maintain -~

They probably expect a tail, Harm.

They'd be fools not to, Esme.

Harm felt the owl's disapproval through the bond link, but the girl couldn't fault her partner, either. Esme was just worried about her, and the Tamer couldn't blame her. Even though the Reapers hadn't even attempted any sort of hostilities during their interaction, Harm wasn't a fool. She knew there hadn't been an altercation because the boy had kept the girl on a tight leash, and despite her hot temper and big talk, Nat was a pacifist, so she wouldn't have attacked, either.

Even so, Esme's weight on Harm's shoulder was both calming and a sensation that provoked some anxiety in Harm. It calmed her because she'd become quite attached to the Snowy Owl in the last year, with only the circumstances behind the formation of their friendship to sour the bond. At the same time, Harm had become used to Esme being her eyes in the sky, and even though they'd agreed that she'd stay close to Harm so that it would be harder for the Reapers and Nightmares to detect them following, Harm hated feeling like she'd been blinded, and that's just the way she felt now.

When the Reapers at last came to a halt, Harm stayed back about a block, hoping that the distance was enough that the Reapers wouldn't be provoked into attacking her, if they did indeed know she was following. Carefully, Harm peeked around the corner of the building, just watching the boy and girl for the moment. The two of them seemed to be waiting for something.

But what?

~- Requiem -~

"Come down, dragon! I know you are here and something tells me this is meant to be business!"

The young lion king's voice echoed into the distance, slowly fading into the night that lay thick around him. For a long time, it seemed as if he could have been mistaken. He was standing there alone, having sent his friends away to look into a more pressing problem while he stayed behind to take care of what could very well have been nothing more than the product of a tired mind sent into over activity.

WHUMP

A low noise, like the boom of thunder, rolled over the lion. It was almost more vibration than sound, really. It resonated in the chest, accompanied by a strange sense of unease from how low the noise was.

WHUMP

A spot of darkness moved closer in the night sky, slowly descending to meet the Spirit. For several minutes, the figure drifted down, great waves of sound and pressure beating against the ground below as the dragon came in to land. Finally, the dragon came to land, his weight hitting the ground as his back legs touched down first, causing waves of pressure to go through the earth as his massive size came to rest on the ground.

The dragon kept about fifty feet between himself and the lion, his wings flared slightly as he watched the young Spirit. He was easily ten times the size of the lion. Though the Nightmare had stopped the rapid growth of a hatchling centuries ago, long before the lion was even born, the Spirit would no doubt realize that the dragon had gained in size since the American Revolution, for even though the tear in his wing hadn't grown smaller, the wings themselves had gained perhaps another ten to fifteen feet in length, making the torn segment of the membrane seem much more minuscule than it had been when it was first received.

For a long moment, the dragon watched the lion, utterly motionless except for the slow blinking of his eyes. The dragon's hide was completely black. Against the right backdrop, such as a starless night sky, no one would see him. The only color he held was in his eyes, eyes that glowed a blood-red ruby.

After a moment, the dragon revealed gleaming white teeth as he rumbled, "And what business does a kitten think it has with a dragon, Spirit? Tell me what it is you think may interest me enough that I should stay my claws from seeking recompense for the embarrassment you delt to me by ripping my wing, however lucky that you were in performing the act."

~- Slip the Jesses -~

The mare pounded across the turf, her long stride eating up the ground beneath her as she ran. Her heart pounded in her chest and rhythmic pressure pressed against her ribs as her lungs expanded and contracted with each pull of air into her lungs. The shock of her hooves striking the ground radiated up her legs, her muscles and tendons absorbing the impact with each beat of her legs against the ground. There was utter solitude around her. She'd traveled long and hard to find it, but her patience had at last paid off; for miles around the mare, there was nothing but blue sky, fluffy white clouds, rolling fields of lush, green, early summer grass, and warm air.

The sharp cry of a hawk broke the air, drawing the mare's attention from the joy of her gallop. The mare slowed as her gaze was drawn to the raptor that circled over her, and she slowed even further as he suddenly plunged into a dive. The mare whinnied, raising up on her hind legs, her front hooves pawing at the air as she reared. The hawk pulled out of his dive at the last moment, his legs coming forward to let his claws rake the air just inches from the mare's nose. He cried out again as his wings beat the air, keeping him hovering for a moment before the thermals carried him up again, a cry of exaltation that the mare mimicked.

It was dance of joy that the two participated in.

The hawk came down again, his feathers melting away into dark scales as his form grew, becoming more reptilian. His tail forked into twin tail fins, two stabilizing fins appearing on his hips. His legs grew longer as he gained a second, forward set of legs as the wing joints slipped further up his back, feathers shedding to reveal soft, leathery black wing membranes in their place. His beak and falcon's head shifted form, trading themselves for the piercing eyes, teeth, and sense of smell for another type of hunter.

The dragon landed before the mare, a joyful trilling rolling low in his throat. The mare pawed the air again, her eyes agleam in delight. For the moment, the war had faded away. Reapers and Tamers, Nightmares and Spirits, none of it mattered. The sun was warm, the breeze cool and refreshing. There were no cares to be had, not today. Just the joy of running.

The joy of freedom.

Kingdomkeylight

Awards
~♦War Has Begun♦~

"Thanks for the help, Spirit, but it'll take more than a minor sprain to slow me down. I can handle my own battles!"

“What a splendid sight. To think such a fine and ripe Spirit like yourself would show up. You have no clue to how happy I am.”

The old Turtles eyes squinted with a rough expression as the worst case scenario presented itself to both him, and the young Queen of Light. Danu the Queen of Darkness herself was tearing a rip through space to get at him directly. His arrival back to earth was clearly not unnoticed by her, and why wouldn't it he was informed there were not that many on his power level within this city. Cursing his luck the tortoise kept a calm sense of awareness all around him as a army of Nightmares started to flood all around them.

"Danu impressive to see a human as old as you is still kicking about. I wonder how many human souls you devoured to keep yourself looking like that.," Cormac sneered clearly not to happy to see her as she was apparently to see him. It was at that moment the horde of nightmares started to grow, and before any action could be taken all hell broke loose as a bird surrounded by flames came in burning away many of the nightmares, but that wasn't a issue... what was, was pointed out by the young Queen of light... Cormac's new partner was not to far off right behind him. He didn't even need to turn around to feel the girls presence.

"Heh young lady do I look like the type who can move quickly? No, unfortunately Lassie were in for a bumpy ride. Tell your partner to go towards mine cause were going to need to retreat as quick as possible for now," the Tortoise responded as the nightmares started to charge for them in a wave from all sides. With a sigh the turtle took a bracing stance as his body started to glow a dark orange once again as the wave of nightmares closed in.

"Expand," a massive amount of energy flared to life off of the tortoise as the barrier around Holly came to life expanding until it had enveloped the old turtle sending any nightmare that came into contact with it flying in the opposite direction upon impact. The magic barrier even continued to hold against the relentless wave of Nightmares as they continued to relentless push forward to get at their targets.

"No tactic, nor respect. My how the term of warrior has been degraded by these fledgling these days," Cormac spoke up sickened by the lack of skill the current nightmares showed off before he felt a sudden discomfort causing him to temporarily turn to Danu... he hissed a bit as he realized what he felt... that thing was with her... and though it was intangible at the moment he knew it was there watching... waiting for a order from its master.

"Brace yourself lass," was the last warning the tortoise gave as he made sure he had her, the already defeated Reaper, and of course the Cabi both of which were luckily pulled in original from when the Barrier had expanded out. The Turtle seemed to take in a deep breath before he directed his sight straight forward at Danu. As he had told Holly any spirited would normally risk their very existence for a chance to get at Danu, but at the moment Cormac knew he couldn't as much as the warrior blood within him screamed to attack he knew he had to handle what was most important at the time. And that was to do a job passed down to all spirits... protect the Queens of light no matter how well they may thought otherwise.

"Reverse Repel," the Tortoise growled before a concentrated force of magic built up in front of the barrier, and suddenly sent it rocketing backwards towards Nats group obliterating any Nightmares who dared to try, and halt. The spherical barrier carrying all four occupants smashed through, and landed not that far away from Nat's group. As soon as the barrier dropped, however Cormac only had one thing to say.

"Can any of you warp us out of here?"

~♣Follow The Wind & You Will Eventually Fall♣~

"I guess you could say, at the current moment in time, our group's mission is the same as Danu's. We do have our own goals, but it currently goes hand in hand with Danu's. What about yours?"

"My mission? Its to simply keep a balance of order you could say," Sirius hummed in a wispy manner as he motioned for Abstergo to follow him as they continued on the path to find his allies. He chuckled lightly as Demona gave a compliment to the White Rhino who responded with a small snort in acknowledgment. "Don't mind him he's very shy. The completely the opposite of his partner though," he explained as he patted the rhino as it followed closely as if guarding Sirius from the "strangers".

"My such a lovely little melody you have a enriching voice," Sirius commented as Demona hummed out a musical piece to calm down her own partner. It was quite clear both the feline nightmare were on edge with Sirius's presence which presented a small atmosphere of trouble, but clearly Demona knew how to handle the two from anything getting out of hand.

"Though quite honestly it really doesn't sound like all of you in particular side with Danu. Quite honestly it more sounds like someone you follow wants to follower her, and the rest of you just follow nervously in suit... I apologize its not right to assume such things, and I am very grateful for your help," Sirius apologized as he looked to the sky temporarily before giving a soft chuckle. His people were not to far off he could now recognize their scents possible about another 12 minutes before they ran into them.

"If that is the case though maybe its time you convince your friends that they follow a dangerous past before one's mistake becomes the death of many... I doubt your ready to see your friend die around you true," Sirius strangely asked not in a threating tone like many would suspect in such a case, but oddly in a cautious manner warning Demona to be careful about Danu. The rest of the trip was pretty quiet as Sirius seemed to have nothing left to say, or explain. That was until a few feet away stood two reapers clearly waiting for someone. At the sight of Ician, and Rika the gothic teen clapped his hands together in delight.

"Well then I guess I owe you for the guidance miss Demona was it," Sirius asked as he lightly bowed to her before heading to his companions who once his presence could be felt immediately reacted to his presence as Rika let out a happy giggle running over to him like a little child that had just found her hiding dad. Ician sighed at the sight of his partner, but lightly curled his pierced lips as he walked over with his guitar slung over his shoulder.

"Glad to see your safe boss," Ician chimed as they shared a lazy fist bump. Rika just kept giggling about running in circle humming happily before halting at the scent of something that didn't belong. Her lips curled into a twisted demonic smile as her eyes gleamed at Ician, and Sirius.

"I see you found Abstergo unfortunately we couldn't find Sabela, but we still have a nice present for you isn't that right ~Avaline~," Rika sung as her face looked in the direction of where a hiding Harm, and Esme were. Before the two would realize they were discovered four long armored insect legs came down trapping both in a net like web that quickly tightened restricting all movement as a trapper spider the size of the white rhino slowly came down to the ground picking up the trapped Tamer, and placing her on its back. As the spider brought its caught prize to its "mother" a soft screech could be heard as a vampire bat(actual breed look it up XP) landed not to far up from the group as it hung upside down.

"I apologize for letting them get this close," the bat spoke as Ician responded.

"Don't be to hard on yourself... it our fault for making contact with them in the first place. Though I will admit I didn't expect to see you again so soon," the Italian teen spoke as he looked at the captured Harm. "They were talking about a apparent battle that happened yesterday we thought it might have been Sabela jumping the gun... also who is she boss," Ician asked directing a questioning glance at Demona.

"She was someone just simply willing to help a fellow reaper in need," Sirius responded as he turned to Demona before patting Rika on the head for a job well done. The girl giggled again little as she went up to her nightmare partner looking devilishly at Harm as she contemplated all the things she could due to the two. "I assume this one is a ally to the boy you were fighting earlier? If you don't mind I would rather let her go. Tonight doesn't seem like a fair time to start random skirmishes over a single Tamer wouldn't you agree," Sirius asked clearly questioning if Demona would be alright with them letting go of Harm, and her not telling Danu or her people about it. "Though of course while we do have her I would like to ask a few questions young lady if you don't mind," Sirius asked politely to Harm as if she had a choice.
..................................................................................................................

~♠I Couldn't Think of Anything for Rizan TWT Sorry not a hundred percent sure what is going on inside the house♠~

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~- Breakdown (Past) -~

"If that is the case though maybe its time you convince your friends that they follow a dangerous past before one's mistake becomes the death of many... I doubt your ready to see your friend die around you true."

Angie listened to Sirius advice about Danu, she'd also accepted his compliment rather graciously. Enjoying the rather easy silence that settled between the two, Angie strained her ears to pick up the slightest sound of something else out of place. After a few minutes of not gathering anything, she relaxed and continued turning the warning about Danu over in her mind. She wasn't ready to see her friends die, and unlike some of her fellow Reapers, she'd at the very least knew what Danu actually looked like. At the same time though, Lucas still had business with the Reapers; and none of them wanted to abandon him to face the Nightmares and Reapers by himself. So yeah, she knew that she and her friends were playing a dangerous game, and that more than likely they would get burned.

After about another twelve minutes, Angie saw two reapers that appeared to be waiting for something. Glancing at Sirius to see his reaction, she stopped when he turned to her and started talking. Curtsying in response to his bow, Angie smiled and answered, "You're welcome, it was no trouble at all to assist you in finding your friends." She smiled at him, only to focus on the girl that ran over giggling much like how a girl would after seeing her father after so long. Okay, can we say that this girl is psycho? And because of that, I'm calling her Psycho Girl. Angie mused, taking a step back so as to not intrude on their reunion, feeling more than slightly out of place.

Fidgeting uneasily, she felt Nightshade bump her head against Angie's hand. Looking down at the tigress, Angie started petting the feline as Sirius dealt with his friend's questions about her. Glancing at them out of the corner of her eye, Angie took in a quick set of information so she'd stand a decent chance against them if she had to fight someone. Although, she seriously hoped it went come to blows since she really didn't feel up to it. Angie glanced at them again, returning to her full height she saw the demonic grin that spread across the other girl's face before she ran away.

Growing curious on it, Angie started to walk over to investigate it. Jumping backwards as the spider dropped down, she glanced over at Sirius, wondering just what the heck was with Psycho Girl and her creepy spider partner. Angie listened to the chatter from Psycho Girl as she started interrogating the two she'd captured. Although looking at the two entrapped, Angie noticed that something seemed slightly off about the two; almost like there was some type of trick that was being played on the collection of Reapers.

"I assume this one is a ally to the boy you were fighting earlier? If you don't mind I would rather let her go. Tonight doesn't seem like a fair time to start random skirmishes over a single Tamer wouldn't you agree."

Her attention getting drawn back to Sirius, Angie contemplated her words even though she already knew the answer. "I don't see why Danu or Lucas has to know about the rest of the night. So, I don't plan on reporting any of this back to the two of them. As for her, I think she might be an ally to the boy, but I'm not entirely sure on it. All I know is that she's a Tamer, and that one of her friends really isn't happy with us because of a previous encounter." She explained simply, willing to ignore the fact that there was a Tamer there that Lucas would probably want to know about, along with the knowledge about the rest of Sirius's friends.

It was just one mission he wouldn't get the whole truth on. Right?

~- Creep Up and Consume You -~

Jason saw the dragon come flying over head, he also noticed the way that Jezebel was focused on something within the flames. Narrowing his eyes, he caught the form of a familiar bird of prey cloaked by the flames. Muscles tensing, his eyes darted from one side of the bridge to behind him, checking to see if anyone else had noticed Jezebel's sudden fixation. Seeing that Eric was fixated on something else, he turned his attention to Jezebel and hissed, "Don't lower your guard, and be a tad more subtle with your attention."

He turned his attention to the other side of the bridge, catching a brief glimpse of someone with dark hair. He watched them for a moment, trying to get a better read on them before they'd been engulfed by the crowd again; their grey eyes frantic due to something they saw. Moving toward the edge of the group, he carefully picked his way through the Nightmares, mildly reassured by Jezebel who remained perched on his shoulder. Jace smirked a little as he made his way through the crowd, flicking his wrist as he went along the way.

"Slow your breathing, and calm yourself so you may sneak up on your opponent easier."

The words floated into his mind, and Jace complied to his mentor's advice. Slinking along, Jace crouched low to the ground whenever the person glanced in his direction. Getting close enough, he picked out some of the key features of the person; who turned out to be a rather familiar looking Tamer. Blanching at the memory of their previous encounter, he glanced around, hoping that none of her friends were around since they'd be a problem. "Now's not the time to go soft, Jason." Jezebel reprimanded, even as she squeezed his shoulder and eyed the girl with the same reluctance.

"Speak for yourself, Jez." He hissed, keeping himself low, Jace sent a current of electricity rushing in the dark-haired Tamer's direction; it'd be just enough to stun her if it connected, but he doubted that it would considering how smart she'd proven to be in previous encounters.

He hadn't expected for the turtle to effectively teleport toward his target; cursing the luck he watched as Nightmares got flung away from the turtle. Diving to the right to avoid a wolf that had gotten thrown toward him, Jace's eyes flashed in anger as he snarled, "Cazzo!" Pushing himself up, his eyes focused on the turtle and sensed that he was responsible for the assault. Scrambling back to his feet, he let the lightning jump into his hand before he discharged it around him; killing off the Nightmares that were too stupid to get away in time.

"Jason, what is up with you?" Jezebel asked, a tinge of concern creeping into her voice.

Motioning to the turtle, Jace answered in Italian, "Pezzo di merda!" He distantly registered what he was saying, and that it wasn't anything like how he usually was; but Jace hated it when things got flung at his head. Collecting another charge of electricity, Jace once more discharged it into the ground and sent it racing toward the group of Tamers.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~- Bringing in the Chemicals -~

What the hell did Lucas think he was doing? One, it wasn't like Dante was gonna be satisfied with beating up a punching bag forever; and two, did he really need another f.ucking reason to be restless?

Dante slugged the bag again, finally knocking it off the hook it'd been hanging on. A pleased smirk curled at his lips, but he'd barely taken a step forward before Mor'du growled, "I think that's enough, Dante. You've knocked off six and killed two. I think it's time you hit the streets before you trash the training room completely."

"Ya know, that growl'd be a hell of a lot more intimidating if you didn't sound like you had a damn bellyache, cub," Dante snapped back. Mor'du gave him a cross look, the effect ruined somewhat by the fact that he was indeed in his bear cub form. Still, the grizzly did have a point.

Dante took a step to the side, unwrapping his hands before applying a fresh layer of wrappings. Putting on a favorite pair of leather gloves that had metal plating on the knuckles, the blonde looked to the cub as he said, "Well, you gonna come or not? Haul ass, Mor'du!"

Dante didn't wait for Mor'du's response, but once he'd hit the pavement outside, he did hear the bear's claws clicking against the concrete as Mor'du shifted to his much larger, much more intimidating form. Dante didn't really give a shit about patrol, honestly. But he was feeling kinda antsy, so maybe some fresh air might do him some good.

He'd been out walking for a bit when a congregation of Reapers and Nightmares caught his eye. Cocking his head to the side, it only took Dante a moment to pick out the familiar forms of Angie and Nightshade. He took note of the fact that the Reaper from earlier was still with her, too. Finally turning his attention to the form netted in the center of it all, Dante called out, "Got something fun tonight, friends?"

~- Creatures of the Night -~

Holly kept her tongue in check this time as the old Spirit gave her a subtle reprimand. Okay, she supposed she'd deserved it this time; he was a turtle, for crying out loud! How was he supposed to get from the middle of this throng to where his partner was on the fringe of it in any kind of time? Holly did find herself calling out to Ezio, though, crying out, "To the edge, my friend! Find Devon!"

"Brace yourself lass."

Holly almost missed what Cormac had said because she was caught up in her displeasure in having to send Ezio away; a displeasure she could just sense that he shared as well. Would that sense for each other grow even stronger once the Bond had been formalized? She didn't know, honestly.

The barrier expanding once again dragged Holly out her self-absorption though as she instinctively looked to the injured Cabby, who was both thankfully within the barrier and still out cold. The young Tamer had to admit to some surprise when, the next thing she knew, the three of them were on the fringe of the mass of Nightmares in an instant, knocking several of the low creatures away from them as the turtle finished his act of teleportation. A mild jolt traveled up her legs as their sudden appearance disrupted an electric spell that one of the Nightmares seemed to have used.

"Can any of you warp us out of here?"

Holly was irritated by the fact that she stumbled once the Spirit released the barrier, a shooting pain filling her leg as the abused member tried to give out on her. A hand reached out to steady her almost instantly, though, and Holly looked up to see Devon's warm grey eyes giving her a careful once over. She couldn't help but smile as a voice piped up, "Yeah, I think I can. Ya gotta get in closer, though. Leah! Haul your tail over here; I need you're help!"

Holly looked over to the dark haired Tamer that had spoken, then followed her eyes to where a red head was battling her way toward them, dual wielding two elegant blades as a white doe and a black stag leaped around her in a furious dance. A low roar dragged her attention away, though, causing Holly to notice a dragon with gleaming black and green scales that was flying in swift and low toward them. "Where'd he come from?" she cried out.

Devon seemed to be a step ahead, though. Twisting his neck to look up, he roared, "Dad! Flyer at twelve o'clock!" A deep rumble was the answer to Devon's warning as Matt changed course; instead of coming in to land, he turned to meet the other dragon head on, white teeth gleaming in the daylight as he snarled a challenge.

"Move in closer!"

The red head and the deer had finally made their way to them. The three of them spread out momentarily, making sure Devon, Largo, Holly, the turtle Spirit, and the unconscious cabby were in the center of the circle before they and their dark haired friend moved in closer themselves. Holly felt Ezio land on her shoulder, a new, yet instantly comforting weight, as the dark haired Tamer demanded, "Anywhere in particular? If so, hand on my shoulder so you can direct me!"

Devon's response was instant, cutting off Holly's response of her aunt and uncle's. "Get us to Damhan's place!" His hand reached out, and he clasped the girl's shoulder in a strong grip as the air around them began glowing with a pale, orange-white light.

Then, they were gone.

~- Make the Water Rise -~

"Though of course while we do have her I would like to ask a few questions young lady if you don't mind."

"I don't see why Danu or Lucas has to know about the rest of the night. So, I don't plan on reporting any of this back to the two of them. As for her, I think she might be an ally to the boy, but I'm not entirely sure on it. All I know is that she's a Tamer, and that one of her friends really isn't happy with us because of a previous encounter."

Through the Reaper's discussions, Harm stayed silent, only her dark eyes moving as she carefully watched the back and forth between her three captors. Even Esme, perched on her shoulder, didn't make a single noise. It had been obvious almost from the beginning that they were more than likely walking into a trap; even with Esme staying close to the ground, they were sure they were going to get caught.

They just hadn't thought it'd be this soon.

Esme kept her eyes on the Reapers, just listening and absorbing whatever details they let drop, no matter how small a scrap the information was. Neither one of them would give anything up in return, however. Before any of the Reapers or Nightmares present could try to force the situation, however, another voice entered the conversation, a voice that seemed to enjoy strife of any form.

"Got something fun tonight, friends?"

Esme didn't know who the Reaper was, but she recognized the aura of his partner. Legendary as the Night Angel, respected and feared in equal measure, there was no mistaking Mor'du's presence. Great.

Their night just got a lot more difficult.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~- Where'd these people come from!? -~

"I haven't seen any of the others turn into people before. My father can turn into different animals in a fight, but that's because Largo said Dad's a Changeling, meaning that he can tap into a vein of old Spirit magic that just about no one can anymore. Maybe Siam got a hold of that magic too, but it lets her turn into a human instead."

Siam listened to Sky's answer, and it was a moment later that Sammy's voice echoed down the hall. Tensing her muscles, she stopped her motor and glanced at the two Tamers in the room. She stretched a little and got ready to move when a suddenly a group of mostly unfamiliar spirits and Tamers appeared in the room. Spotting Devon among the group, Siam was about to ask him a question when a strange weight landed on her back. Yowling in pain as talons dug in; probably in an attempt to balance themselves, Siam leapt away from Rizan and slammed into the wall.

The familiar screech of the bird registered as Ezio complained about the treatment. Cringing slightly from guilt, Siam complained in return, "Don't dig your talons into my back then!"

She heard Ezio's acknowledgement, before the raptor returned to his partner. Or, at least that's what Siam was willing to guess. Grumbling in terms of the greeting, Siam stalked over to Rizan and curled up in his lap again. Licking her fur in an attempt to calm herself down, Siam grumbled, "So, who are all of you? Oh, and Devon, Sammy's been caterwauling for the past ten minutes or so, do you want to go see what the fluffy rabbit he wants?"

A pointed look from Sky made Siam stop her grooming as the girl scolded, "You know that's a lie Siam, Sammy was done, as you put it, caterwauling a few minutes ago."

Siam rolled her eyes in answer, not even bothering to look at Sky as she answered, "And your point is?"

"Sammy had been complaining and neither one of you thought to go see what it was about?"

Siam paused again in her grooming, growing irritated with Devon as she mumbled with her tongue sticking out, "I think it's got something to do with Alex missing." The fact her tongue was sticking out made Siam look extremely cute and led to the words sounding funny. Tuning the room out, Siam went back to giving herself a bath even as she paid close attention to how Rizan was feeling in regards to the suddenly crowded room.

~- All A Dream (OOC: Roxie said I could borrow Leo for the memory) -~

Nightshade followed along, her mind wandering elsewhere as she trailed along beside Angie. She could tell that her partner was scared, especially when Sirius touched on Danu and grabbed a hold of the fact that her group was following one person, who was in turn following Danu. Never mind that Angie had said as much, it still spooked the girl. This in turn got Nightshade’s hackles raised, since she really hated seeing Angie this freaked.

She vaguely paid attention to the conversation, or at least it was enough so she knew if Angie was in danger. Otherwise she felt the tug of a memory from when she was younger, letting it drag her under; she hadn’t expected it to be the one that it was.

She stalked through the undergrowth, a sense of excitement as she heard her playmate searching for her. The tiger cub knew that it was intentional on their part; they were trying to make their game of hide-n-seek last. Crouching lower to make it harder for her to be spotted, the tiger cub giggled a little as her playmate’s voice rang out, “Come on Nightshade, where are you hiding?”

Mentally shaking her head, she smiled as she saw the lion go slinking past her; a mock look of panic on his face. Nightshade backed up a couple of steps, being careful not to snap any twigs underfoot so she didn’t draw her playmate’s attention. Nightshade paused as her fur wound up standing on end, she couldn’t shake the sensation that she was being watched.

Snap.

Nightshade tensed as the twig snapped, head whipping around to see who had caused it. Whipping toward the left, she saw that there was nothing there; but she wasn’t going to be quick to let her guard down. Bristling with fear, the tiger cub didn’t notice as a keening cry escaped her, calling out to Leo for help. Instead of that, she slinked along the ground, eyes searching for the source of the noise. Hearing someone charging toward her, she nearly bolted when Leo called, “Nightshade? Where are you? Are you okay?”

Hissing at the noise, Nightshade’s eyes darted to the left as a shadow raced past her. Something was there, but she couldn’t identify it, it was moving too fast for her to be able to. She almost made a move to investigate it, but Leo was there next to her; barring her path from pursing it. Looking at him, she saw the way even his fur was on end; something about this presence was upsetting her, and suddenly Nightshade felt exactly the way she was.

A child that knew not what she’d been about to get involved in.

A soft purr rumbling up her throat, she stepped forward and started winding her way around Leo, trying to help calm down the one she’d come to see as an older brother.

Those words forced Nightshade back to the present, glancing in Dante's direction as him and Mor'du walked up, she scowled at the more hot-headed member of their group. Picking up on Angie's own opinion of Dante appearing right then, she listened as Angie answered, "It depends on the person's definition of "fun", Dante. Although I think we do have something fun."

Nightshade smiled a little at Angie's nonchalant response, then thinking about the other Reapers with them, and that Sirius didn't seem to be one for a fight while Rika did seem to be; Nightshade turned her attention to them. Curious to know what they would chose to do now that Dante was there.

Kingdomkeylight

Awards
~♦Treading Lightly On Cracking Ice♦~

"I don't see why Danu or Lucas has to know about the rest of the night. So, I don't plan on reporting any of this back to the two of them. As for her, I think she might be an ally to the boy, but I'm not entirely sure on it. All I know is that she's a Tamer, and that one of her friends really isn't happy with us because of a previous encounter."

"That would be much appreciated, and don't worry she will be let go unharmed," Sirius assured Demona as Rika started to growl in annoyance at the fact she had to let go what her partner had caught after a "no fun" interrogation she mumbled a few choice words about the situation, but seeming to keep her nature in control at the moment due to Sirius's presence. As it seemed the calm had finally settled in a whole new storm presented itself with a boy, and his bear.

Before anyone could respond Demona headed him off in conversation in a much unexpected sarcastic manner though technically maybe it wasn't as unexpected as it should have been as Sirius sighed lightly closing his eyes for a moment before turning his attention to the bear... that particular... that was a big problem if a fight started over possession of the Tamer. In fact Sirius knew quite a bit already of the reapers, and there partners who had sided with Danu, and Mor'du's name had immediately caught his attention during the report. The bear was very old, and quite the warrior from what he had been told nearly as old as his, Rika, and Ician's partner in fact. It would be very bad if a fight broke out for it would immediately catch Danu's attention the massive amounts of power that would be thrown about.

"Just a little owl that got caught in a net nothing harmful," Sirius responded to Dante as he sent a mental message for Rika to be ready to bounce at the first sign of a fight so that the captured Tamer wouldn't be taken away, or harmed accidently in the process. With that said, however, it was hard to assume how someone they didn't know would react if they weren't willing to share the Tamer. "Besides my friend caught her fair, and square so I would say its in my jurisdiction what happens to the tamer tonight wouldn't you agree," he asked with a soft smile as he gentle placed both his hands in his pocket leaving himself wide open for attack. Ician, an Rika both carried a look that stated they didn't care what way this situation played out as it seemed they cared more how Sirius wanted it to play out which to anyone else who had seen Rika's original personality would be shocked to see. Then just as it seemed that the tension was starting to enter a boiling point a voice spoke up immediately severing any sense of hostility that might have started to accumulate.

"Its been along time Mor'du," Calcipher the Vampire Bat spoke up revealing himself from his perched position above the group looking directly to the bear. "Glad to see you have done well for yourself old friend especially after "The Queens War"," Calcipher continued while both Sirius, and Ician mentally gave the bat a light thank you for having known the bear.

~♣Appearing Out of Nowhere♣~

Without much of a warning before Rizan could finally start to relax over this whole Tamer/Reaper War issue the room suddenly filled with people, and animals falling from the ceiling right into the ground. Rizan simply sat frozen by the magical stunt his mouth lightly open from the shock of it all. Of course he wasn't the only one in a surprised manner as Siam yelped due to a raptors talons locking onto her before she jumped away causing the bird to lose its balance... the bird, and Siam seemed to have a small argument as Siam returned to Rizan's lap as she stuck her tongue out in a cute manner causing a bit of his tension to disappear. Slowly he started to settle down, and pet the resting Siam as he tried to register all that had happen.

"Aye your clearly wet behind the ears boy just take a deep breath you'll get use to it in time," Cormac spoke catching Rizan's full undivided attention as the Tortoise secured the unconscious armored reaper in a magical bind of orange barrier magic most likely thanks to Cormac's brutal beatdown she wouldn't be awake for awhile. "Lets make sure to get her situated for interrogation," he addressed Holly as he left her to deal with the reaper as he returned his sights to the clearly startled boy, and his cat. "I see your both pretty new in fact that's good it's a lot easier on the bonding process when your bonding both for the first time. Don't worry about it though laddie you look to be cut from a fine cloth," the Tortoise spoke to Rizan to help the boy cool down which after a moment as he took a deep breath did just that.

"Thanks."

The turtle nodded in acknowledgement before he could feel the eyes on him from a certain black haired girl. HE chuckled lightly as he could feel the girls unsettled nature to finally meet with her Spirit partner. Slowly the Tortoise turned around to meet Nat face to face, for a moment the turtle looked the girl up, and down studying her before after a brief moment of awkward silence said.

"Well Lassie you gonna stare all day, or are you going to give me the name of my new partner," he was very aware of the feeling that were going through the young girls mind he had asked all of his partners what they had felt when he had originally met them, and all had given the same answer... utter uncertainty. Though she was in fact the first female partner he had, had so it was probably better to give her a little more leeway rather then assume she would be the same in aspect as his past partners. "Alright ill start. My name is Cormac I have been around a very long time since the first "War of The Queens". Clearly I am slow, but what I lack in speed I make up for in power, and defense. My main power is barrier magic, but I can also do morphing magic to my barriers to form other things like weapons in such," he stated giving her a military like explanation of himself. "Also I have a strong resistance to debuff type magics, but at the same time it takes away the ability to get drunk so it has its backfires," the turtle chuckled lightly trying to help his own partner calmly into the situation.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
-------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~The Darkness of Sleep~~~~~~

Danu continued to watch those on the bridge before her, the small smile she had on her lips showed an almost motherly sweet warmth, yet it was the purple eyes that seemed to stare unblinking at the large turtle Spirit that would have revealed the woman’s true intention. Though lowly but still massive in number, the Nightmares gave it their all to fight against the newly arriving Tamers and Spirits.

While some were dealt with quickly and easily by the clearly more experienced creatures, it only seemed to spur the other Nightmares on to fight even harder. And still, the flaming haired woman still sat, watching all that happened through the shimmering tear in space, even as the young woman made her way closer to the glaring turtle, joining the side of the Spirit with both unconscious human and Tamer.

The red glaring eye from over Danu’s shoulder was still there, and just like Danu it too seemed more interested in the lonely old Spirit than of anything else going on. What had started as a small rippling of space along Danu’s shoulders, soon spread outwards from the tear itself. Though not completely, one could see if they were to strain their sight through the fog around them, the faint wavering tendrils that stretched out from the portal and which appeared to quickly spread like roots once on the bridge itself.

However, just as the barely visible vines were almost within reach of the small group, it took just one moment for everything to change. Within no time at all they were gone, the strong energy coming from the Turtle and young woman now nearer the opposite end of the bridge, while the momentarily stunned Nightmares began to get back onto their feet.

No…” Mumbled Danu, the woman finally blinking once Cormac and the others first disappeared, and surprisingly causing her to stand from the armchair she was sitting on in order to get closer to the large tear itself.

With hands pressed softly against the water like surface of the tear, what had once started off as a surprised worry quickly grew into anger once Danu began to sense the group growing, both in numbers and rising energy. While passing through the tear from her side seemed as simple as moving through water, upon arriving through the opposite end onto the bridge, the energy already there seemed to spike massively with her arrival.

Now wearing some kind of hooded cloak, which easily covered her entire form, the large clasped staff Danu now wielded was just as easily as tall as herself, the sheer weight of the object most likely more than most could handle, yet strangely clearly not for the woman. Though having quickly come through it was simply not fast enough for Danu, the sign of the now large group of Spirits and Tamers soon disappearing from the woman’s senses not long after arriving, and only adding to the growing anger radiating from her now.

Enough…” Said Danu through gritted teeth, the staff she held swinging sharply through the air and instantly causing the once bridge covering fog to fade away, taking with it the summoned Nightmares as well and revealing the still fighting Spirits and Partners that remained.

While the tear she had passed through had disappeared from sight the moment she stepped out from it, another single swing, this time towards the fighting groups, was enough to cause the tear in space to appear once again, flaring wildly into existence around Danu before disappearing with her within it.

The sight of the two giant battling beasts would have been a terrifying sight for anyone, especially one who managed to be as close as Danu was once she reappeared, yet the hooded woman simply glared out with piercing red eyes from the darkness her hood brought. Tapping loudly against the hard steel frame of the bridge she was now upon, the woman continued to keep her eyes firmly on the fighting dragons, yet as she spoke, her words seemed to reach out towards everyone there, Spirit and Human, in order to squirm and wriggle inside their own minds.

Sleep!

~~~~~~Departing and Arriving~~~~~~

Even the Queens could be turned...it was a very troubling thought to cross Damhan’s mind, and something he hadn’t even considered, or would have, if not for Noct. Were there still seven Queens remaining? If a powerful Spirit, one blessed with the role of a Queen’s power, was turned would that power pass onto another in order to keep the seven existing? And if that happened what would that say for the turned Spirit? There was only so much information which passed into the Human Realm over the last thousand years, and though Damhan himself could say he knew a lot, he could never say he knew everything, even after meeting Utorem.

If what you say is true, than we have no choice but to try and find the young lady and bring her back…” Said Damhan, the old man already beginning to move his wheelchair back out of the room and into the empty hallway.

Though I do not like to...I can bring Damhan into the Spirit Realm for a short time…” Utorem said from her perch on Damhan’s lap, the large white spider getting a soft pet from her chair-
bound partner, the older man knowing the clear worry the Spirit had towards him whenever she spoke like that.

The sudden shiver that ran through the air was something easily detectable for Damhan and Utorem, as well as some of the more experienced Tamers and Spirits there, and though the slight pulse of energy disappeared as quickly as it appeared, the sudden burst of intensity was enough to tell Damhan everything he needed to know.

We have some new arrivals it seems...make that a lot of new arrivals...Sam, Michael, I could use some help in greeting them, if you both don’t mind that is.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~- Close Your Eyes... -~

Jason snarled in frustration as the group teleported away. Eyes snapping around him, he flexed his wrist causing the hidden blade to slide out with a soft snick sound. He heard Danu give an order, and he felt his mind recoil and hiss at the older Reaper. Feeling the tingle of electricity race across his skin, he glanced in her direction even as the sleep spell rolled over him. Normally, it wouldn't have affected him, but with him having not had a good night's rest, Jace felt the spell make him feel a little drowsy. He noticed that even Jezebel seemed on edge, but it didn't quite make sense.

Jason, calm down. Jezebel hissed mentally, pulling Jace's attention back to her.

Closing his eyes for a moment, he felt like he would have fallen asleep right there. Shaking his mind to dismiss the feeling, he opened his eyes and glanced at Jezebel and then over to see how Eric and Merlin were handling themselves. He heard a snide remark from Eric, but it didn't bother Jace as much as it probably should have bothered him. Rolling his shoulder, Jace felt the slightly feral edge creep over his mind, even though in reality it was probably more of an adrenaline rush that had him on edge. Forcing himself to relax so he didn't snap, Jace nodded to Jezebel and petted her head.

He took a couple of deep breaths, trying to calm himself down even as he felt the tingle of battle dancing slowly across his skin. Glancing over at Eric to see how the blonde was faring, he hopped sideways as a Nightmare got too closed and slashed it from throat to stomach. Jace scowled at it as it fell to the ground, before it disappeared into wisps of darkness. Jezebel squeezed his shoulder, trying to get him to relax; and it worked out fairly well. Muscles finally relaxing after several minutes, Jace made his way through the crowd of Nightmares and unconscious Spirits until he was standing next to Eric. Turning his attention to Danu, Jace crossed his arms, distantly aware of the fact the blade on his wrist had retreated into its sheath, he waited to see what would happen next.

~- Tranquility -~

Siam hissed at the giant turtle, ears pinned against her head even as Rizan continued petting her. Curling up in his lap again, Siam stared at the turtle as he introduced himself. Perking up at that slightly, she asked, "Wait a second, just how old does that make you? Are you one of the really old ones? Are you older than Mor'du? Because he's been around since the War of the Roses...or so legends say." Siam couldn't quite hide the excitement and curiosity that shined in her eyes at the idea; if they had someone older and more experienced than Mor'du, than maybe they stood a chance against the Reapers.

Her ears quivered as she heard Sammy calling down the hallway, both from fear and excitement. Watching as Devon slipped out of the room, the small black cat squirmed slightly in Rizan's lap. Not wanting to draw the group's attention at large, Siam addressed Rizan mentally, May I recommend we get up and duck out of the room? It's about to get even more crowded when Sammy and the others get in here. Fidgeting again, she hopped out of Rizan's lap in case he decided to stand up, even though she noticed it immediately that she wanted to curl up again.

Scanning the room again to take in everyone, her eyes landed on a woman that looked like Sky but was older. Cocking her head to the side at the familiar aura radiating from the girl, who she believed had been called Holly by someone, that had Ezio perched on her shoulder. Feeling Ezio’s own gaze on her, she decided that it’d be best to address the question before things got any weird. “Are you one of the Queens?”

~- Between You, Me and the Wall -~

Renaissance, Italy. Summer of 1450.

Nico rested low to the roof, staring down at the city far below him. A quick look to his left confirmed that the black hawk remained perched nearby, eyeing the town just like his partner was. Focusing his attention back on the busy street, the Italian nobleman smirked as a group of guards went running past. He knew what had them out in force right now, but to him it wasn't any of his concern. Standing up straight, Nico didn't glance in the direction of his partner before he jumped off the roof. Instinct made him switch his stance on the way down, distributing the shock evenly so he didn't hurt himself when he landed.

Walking along, he didn't pause as the raptor landed on his shoulder, a reprimand at the ready only for it to die on the bird's tongue. Nico did appreciate the silence, but it also annoyed him greatly since he wanted nothing more than to pick a fight with someone, preferably a group of guards. He knew Thrash was on edge, the bird usually was whenever Nico didn't get a good night's rest. Rolling his shoulder a little bit, Nico glanced at Thrash again as the bird lightly tightened his grip on his shoulder. "Nico, is there honestly a reason for your hostility today?" Thrash questioned, trying to make light conversation.

Clenching his fist, Nico snapped, "Merda Thrash, you know there is a justifiable reason! The bastardi that was responsible for Sara's.... They have to pay, Thrash." Nico stopped in his tracks, closing his eyes against the sunlight he listened to the chatter around him as he tried to compose himself. It wasn't Thrash's fault. He knew that, but it still irritated Nico to no end. Focusing in on a certain conversation, Nico listened as a man said, "Notte angelo, it says he walks the earth again and that he was spotted near Venice."

"Isn't he just a myth? Or does that demon truly exist?"

"Does it matter either way? It's got both sides of the war in a panic since he doesn't care who he strikes."

Nico opened his eyes, glancing in the direction of the two people that were talking. Recognizing them as fellow Reapers, he nodded curtly in greeting, before he chose to move on. He heard the conversation that drifted in the air lazily after him, the cool breeze that drifted through the city of Venice took care of some of the heat from the sun beating down on the cobblestones. He couldn’t blame them for being anxious, it was close to the unofficial “curfew” of the city, it was so close to sundown that he could practically
taste the tension in the air. Hearing something slip up behind him to follow, he kept his pace even as he strained his hearing to try and get an indication of who it was. Feeling rather than seeing Thrash’s own tension, his hand carefully slid into his pocket to grip one of the throwing knives concealed within.

He felt the thing reach out, aiming for his back. Rolling to the left, he heard the squawked curse from Thrash as the bird took to the air. He felt a bit of pity for the bird, since he knew that the Nightmare usually preferred the form of a cat; but it was Sara’s fault that he’d taken a bird form this cycle. Rolling to the right as his assailant took another swing at him, Nico snarled low in his throat as he sized the other person up. They had more bulk than him, which was slightly unnerving with how fast on their feet the person was. A quick look at the person’s face confirmed the suspicion that the person wouldn’t have lacked anything more than to tear him open.

“I know what you did last night a few months ago.”

His heart pounding in his chest, Nico’s eyes darted around him. No one else was in the alleyway, so he could question the guy for more answers. So, a confession before the demise of one of them, likely in the guy’s opinion, Nico’s demise; fine by him. Straitening to his full height, Nico raised an eyebrow and prompted, “Oh, really? What is it that I did supposed a few months ago last night?”

“You killed that horde of guards, for no reason.”

Cursing under his breath, Nico watched as the guy inched closer. How had the guy gotten away that night without Nico’s notice? He was normally extremely thorough in cleaning up his messes, especially after that first night. He didn’t usually make mistakes. Taking a deep breath to calm himself, Nico shook his head and explained, “It was self-defense, that’s it. They were trying to kill me, and the night before that they went after Sara. I
had to kill them to protect myself and her.”

He could tell the guy was about to protest his claim, but if he wasn’t willing to believe the truth, then Nico didn’t know what to do. Feeling the tug at the edge of his soul, Nico closed his eyes for a moment to try and figure out a way to make this guy believe him. A hiss escaping him as a white-hot pain lanced through his abdomen, his eyes snapped open and snapped downward to see the knife sticking out; right before the guy yanked the knife out and tried to lunge forward again to continue the attack.

Fury gripping him along with adrenaline, Nico batted the guy’s hand aside, wrestling the knife from his grip; Nico’s eyes blazed with cold fury as he eyed the guy. “You would have been better never coming here,” he stated coldly, pouncing before the guy could scream, he sliced the guy’s throat open and stabbed the guy in the stomach.

Stepping away, Nico tossed the knife to the side after he was sure he wasn’t about to be attacked again. Stumbling backward, his back slapped against the stone and he slid down, he felt Thrash land on his leg, the Nightmare had already probably called for help. Closing his eyes, he leaned it against the stones as a roar rang through the air even as feet pounded toward him. He heard a male’s voice curse, calling him a fool even as Mor’du’s voice rumbled in his head. Even though he knew he was in a pretty nasty situation, there was only one thing Nico could focus on. It was that he was back to square one.

Days without Incident: 0.

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Awards
~Bitter Enemies and New Allies~

With a loud cry coming deep from her throat, Alex swiftly threw her knifes at Clancy as the two men on her right side ran toward her, weapons in hand. The toothy man with the dagger dashed and sliced at the young pink-haired woman three times before managing to get her side that was still in pain from her encounter with the Nightmares from school.

"Oof!" Alex cried out as the dagger got to her side for a bit before pulling out and narrowly missing the other knife from the left side of her as the lanky man attacked her but received a boot to the face when Alex pulled out a roundhouse kick that came from her right side as she jumped and spun around, kicking both men down to the ground and her landing down to the ground like a cat or a lion would do after surprising its prey.

"Now I know how Catwoman feels when she does that.." Alex muttered to herself before being grabbed behind by the fourth man and staring straight at Clancy, whom he merely deflected her weapons away with a swing of his huge-ass hammer and proceed to wind up, a toothy smile creeping up which she found to be totally grossed out.

Narrowing her eyes at him, she gave him a wagging tongue that just made him all the more madder and with a mighty arm of his did he threw his hammer at Alex. Knowing the danger she would be in and her side still bleeding, Alex did the only one thing she could do. As fast as she could be, Alex headbutted her attacker with the back of her head and quickly managed to avoid the hammer that pretty much hit his friend in the head as she dodge rolled out of the way, her breathing coming in small gasps, her side starting to burn up from that knife attack she nearly managed to dodge.

With a small growl that seems to grow loud coming from Clancy as he summoned his weapon and back in his hand as it flew to him, he seemed to get stronger just from being outwitted by a simple girl who appears to be a wounded prey and he knew it. A grin quickly came upon his lips and with a win coming toward him did he ran up to her, hammer in hand and ready to knock some sense to this wannabe hero when all of a sudden something hit him hard to the face that gave off the speed and power of a wolf as Clancy felt himself being knocked backward away from the lady.

Alex was spent when she realized she was still in trouble when a tall young man came into her rescue and seemly being able to deflect his attack with just a swept of his sword that looked like a gun, the young man gave the would-be killer a taste of his own medicine as they clashed one another, hammer vs sword, for what seemed to be forever when the young man spun around behind Clancy back and with a grace that only swordmen would be able to do managed to cut off the lease that allowed the fat man to wield his mighty weapon then followed up with a solid punch to the face that caused poor little Clancy to be totally K.O'ed.

Still in awe at the man that saved her life, it wasn't until she realized she wasn't the only one to save her life when she sensed another presence to her side. Glancing to her left side, she came face to face with a girl that seems to be way younger than the man and became surprised as she realized the girl was actually tending to her wounds when she felt head lighted.

The girl glanced at her and for a moment did Alex remembered that she reminded her of Siam which caused her to pass out right in the middle of town as the man quickly rushed up to the girl's side to help out.

~~~

"Shit!" the girl screamed as she watched in horror when this poor girl slipped into shock. Working as fast as she could and wishing her older sister would had came with them for paroling when she and her brother heard the call of help from one of the bartender that worked in the First District in Traverse Town and quickly checked it out only to see this girl really trying to take down the Dark Ones, the gang that works for the Reapers and mainly Vixen, the 'boss' for this town, Yuffie managed to keep the blood from leaking out but this girl would require much more help.

Turning to her brother Leon, she allowed him to carry their patient back to HQ and wondering why this girl would risk her own life just to fight off a gang that seemed to own their home more than ever. "Leon, do you think-" Yuffie started to ask him something when she was cut off by Leon.

"No time to ask, but the question you may be asking is yes, she must be the anomaly that showed up and asked to be checked in by our little rebel. However, I believe this is more than we expected and we should question her as soon as she's better." Leon explained as they ran up to their HQ which appeared to be more than just a hotel. Yuffie quickly swiped their keycards on the wall that allowed them passage and was quickly ushered in with both Leon and her patient in tow.

As soon they stepped in, teams of medical members came in and took the poor girl up to OSU which in technical term stands for Operating Service Unit where every medical problem is solved quickly. Both Leon and Yuffie stood by worried for their new guest and wondered the five questions that first came in their minds: Who is this girl? When and where did she first appear in town and for the Why, only two person would know that answer.

Yuffie began to worry when she saw her older sister and scurried up to her while Leon simply stood by and reached for his cell-phone and dialed only one person in all Realms that would possibly help out: Damhan. Within a few rings, Leon spoke into the phone and with only precious time left before his boss would surely call him and Yuffie in for questioning, he quickly explained his case to his old mentor and asking that his presence would greatly needed. "So in another word, how fast can you get here and bring someone with you? Things are hairy enough with the Reapers running around and to top this off, we had a run-in with Clancy and his Dark Ones, so be quick with it and I'll meet you at the Station." He spoke into his phone and like many times he did with others, promptly shut his phone and left for the Station quietly like a wolf does in the winter.

~~~

Leo scoffed at the question the old dragon and responded in kind. "My business is to keep all Queens safe and judging from your appearance, I must acknowledge for a fact that she must had sent you to take care of them, am I wrong?" Without a beat, he got his answer in the form of a cry of help that bellowed down deep within the ocean. The king spun around to see Nightmares diving down to the underwater kingdom and realized that without his friends, he would lose this fight and before he would run down and help out getting the civilians into safely, he felt his entire body being tied up by the dragon tail.

With a loud roar coming out of him and summoning huge batches of Lightning that seems to bounce off the dragon's skin, the king, Leo, was quickly knocked out after the dragon tossed him like he was a puppet with no strings attached and could only feel the pain of both new and old allies as he slid into sleep with only one thought of Alex flowing throughout his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back