• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~ Kingdom Spirits ~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~- A Rumble in the Floor -~

"Listen to me: I need you to keep her safe as possible while I keep the damn Bear busy, all right? Hopefully, by the time the boy recovers from his dizziness, he'll be with me batting the Nightmare Bear."

Noct was about to throw back a reply to Leo when he heard Sammy say rather hotly, "The boy is just fine! Get your furry ass moving; I'm right behind you!"

Noct almost barked out a laugh at that. He never got tired of Sammy's tough guy act; even if the boy didn't feel like putting on a show, he nearly always acted the part he cultivated for himself if the situation demanded it. But Sam had spoken the truth; Noct could sense that his Tamer had regained some clarity thanks to the female Spirit's help. Sammy's best bet now was to head outside, where his earth magic could do the most good, both for the fight and for himself.

Leo went for the frontal assault on the bear Nightmare while Noct took to darting in and out, snapping at the bear's heels and swiping at its flanks. For a moment, the bear took it's attention off Leo to take a shot at Noct's weak point, his wings, but both lions were too savvy for that; Noct rolled out of the way, his wings pinned tight to his sides, while Leo lunged at the bear again, using the Nightmare's distraction to lure it outside.

Once they were outside, Noct gave a toothy, feline grin. While it was true that he was mostly focused on the fight right now, he couldn't deny the enjoyment he found in fighting with Leo again; Noct wanted to wrap this fight up quick, so the two of them could catch up and find out what the other knew about the war. Spreading his wings, Noct took to the air, his eyes on the bear below him. The lion just saw Sammy streak past, a blur of shadows and light, as he put space between himself and the bear so he could attack. Glancing farther a field, Noct saw Ezio and Sky by the football field on the other side of the school; while he wasn't happy to see the Nightmares that occupied the two, Noct knew them to formidable fighters, and he sensed that none of the Nightmares were Bonded to Reapers, so that meant a fair fight for them.

"Devil's Trench!"

Recognizing that as his cue, Noct dropped out of the sky, angling for the bear as a fissure opened in the earth. Noct could just trace the trench back to its source; Sammy stood about twenty feet away from the bear, crouched close to the ground with his hands shoved into the earth, the faintest green glow around his fingers as he worked his magic. Roaring, Noct flew full bore into the bear, using his weight to slam the thing into the pit. Noct came in for a landing, his claws ripping up sod as he fought for traction, as he roared to Leo, "Your turn!"

~- Lock Me Up in Chains -~

Cheyenne circled opposite the tigress, the two big cats forming a large ring around the two humans as all four watched their respective opponents. Cheyenne knew Nightshade and her Reaper all too well; they're personal group of Reapers kept hounding Michael and his friends, causing Cheyenne and the other Spirits quite a bit of grief as they tried to keep the Tamers safe. They'd lost far too many to the ones that had the gall to call themselves the "Magnificent Seven"; hell, just last month there'd been a young girl full of promise. She'd just met with her Spirit partner, too...

Almost as if she knew what was on the cougar's mind, Nightshade jeered, "What, thinking about Tina and Jay? Give it up, little kitten; you know as well as I do that your kind is losing, so why do you put yourself through the pain of lost allies? All you're doing is committing suicide, little kitty!"

Anything else that Nightshade might have said was lost as the tigress gave a mighty yowl of pain. Taking the initiative, both Michael and Cheyenne struck first; while her Tamer pressed the attack on the Reaper, Cheyenne lunged at Nightshade. Coming up behind her, the cougar grabbed Nightshade's tail in a firm grip with her teeth before yanking hard, causing daggers to shoot straight up Nightshade's spine all the way to her skull. Howling, the Nightmare spun around, venom in her eyes, her claws already extended to slap Cheyenne across the face.

Cheyenne ducked to the side, taking the blow on the shoulder instead of her cheek. She rolled across the grass, coming to a stop at the moment that she felt her legs pinned close to her body. Turning her head slightly, the she-cat saw smoky chains wrapped tight around her body, keeping her from being mobile. She heard Nightshade stalking toward her, and the unmistakable promise of murder as the tigress hissed, "You bitch!"

"Get your species correct, Nightmare!" With a snarl of her own, Cheyenne sent an electrical current across her body, snapping the illusory chains Nightshade had wrapped the Spirit in. Springing to her feet, Cheyenne pounced at Nightshade again, intent on landing on the Nightmare's shoulders. From there, it'd be a simple matter to get a kill bite on the tigress' neck.

At least, Cheyenne would have done this, but the fog thickened, making it impossible to see a damn thing. Stopping in her tracks, the cougar turned blind eyes around the area, her concern suddenly slipping from Nightshade to Michael. Unable to see him, she took a deep sniff of the air; still unable to sense him because of the fog dampening the air, she thought in a panic, Michael?

I'm here, Chey girl, his voice slid across her mind, easing the Spirit's worries some degree. That worry came flying back though when she heard the voice of a strange man, and what he had to say just set her on edge. She was set further on edge when the voice of another joined the conversation, as another young man replied crisply, "What are you talking about, mister? It's never too early for hostile intent."

The fog cleared, showing the dark-haired stranger that had spoken before. The lack of fog also showed the red head that had appeared at Angie's side, and Cheyenne felt her hackles rise into a stiff ridge as she stalked to Michael's side. This just wasn't their day. Not only did she and Michael have to deal with an unknown Reaper and whatever his plans were, but Dante had just joined the party.

Well. Shit.

~- Report -~

"Little Lucas, you were always such a good boy to see if I needed anything."

Lucas heard Twila's amused snort in his mind as she felt his irritation spark across the link. Though the comment hadn't been meant as a slight, the Reaper did have a mild issue with it; with his height of 6'4", the only ones in their personal group that were taller than Lucas were Jace and Lady Danu herself. And considering Lucas did have some pride in his stature... yeah, Twila had the right to be amused.

"Please, do tell me how the others are below. I do hope the practice has been going well."

Bringing his stung ego to heel, Lucas replied pleasantly, "Training is going well as always, milady. I left Eric and Jace to see if they could coax Christa into a bit of practice. You know how she is; a genius when you can get her motivated, otherwise..." Lucas let his voice trail off, not feeling the need to bring up Christa's short comings. Danu knew them nearly as well as Lucas did.

"And of course, those out preying in the fog. You have been watching them, haven't you?"

This time it was Twila who spoke, her soft voice revealing the spirit that was always present in her actions. "Yes, milady, we have been watching them. Angela and Nightshade left a short while ago for patrol. I believe Dante followed them a little bit after they left to ensure they had some help on the small chance they ran into something too difficult for them to manage." Twila's tone of voice stated quite clearly what she thought of that eventuality.

"Mor'du and Sonnet are monitoring the high school at the present moment. There's a rather large patrol of Spirits and Tamers concentrated there at this time, but it shouldn't be too much of a difficulty. Mor'du informed me a little while ago that the Spirit Leo has formed a Pact with a young girl, so Mor'du wishes to monitor Leo to see where his skills lay after being dormant for so long."

Twila fell silent, certain that the report was complete. So it amazed her when Lucas spoke again, a certain edge to his words. "Milady, Dante has just reported in that he and Angela have encountered an unknown Reaper while Angela was engaged in a battle against the Tamer Michael and his Spirit partner Cheyenne. Would you like me to dispatch anyone else to their position? Or do you want me to tell Dante to monitor the Unknown for the time being?"

~- Complaints -~

Sky leaped backward, her ponytail slapping against her neck. She hated it when Nightmares showed up at school; it not only put her friends in danger, but the mess the fighting cased always left her with a headache as she and the others tried to find a way to explain away all the damage.

At least the lacrosse and cheer teams were out of the danger path.

The wolf spun around, jaws snapping, and made another pass at Sky. She kicked out, catching the beast square in the jaw before she reached a hand behind her back for the knife she had hidden up her shirt. This was another reason she hated it when the Nightmares and Reapers came to school. Unlike the guys, Sky still hadn't met her Spirit partner yet, so she had to settle for whatever weapons she could hide on her person to supplement her magic with. And when all she was wearing was the short skirt and tank of her cheer uniform? She was lucky to hide the knife Sammy insisted they all carry.

Ezio dropped out of the sky then, raking his talons across the wolf's back. The beast howled, twisting around to take a shot at the raptor, but Ezio had already returned to the air. Sky lunged then, light magic sparking across the length of her knife, and buried the blade up to the hilt in the wounded Nightmare's side. The wolf howled again, turning into dark mist as it gave up on the fight and returned to the Nightmare realm.

"Really now, did you have to be so mean to the poor dear? And this was his first day in this realm, too."

The voice sent a chill up her spine, and a rumble in the earth set a frost in her bones. Spinning on her heel, Sky watched as two more Nightmares approached her. One was a sleek, silver furred she-wolf with vivid green eyes; she almost seemed to glide across the grass as she walked. Though she had a good size to her, the wolf was dwarfed by the grizzly that stalked at her side, a soft tremor moving through the ground with each fall of his massive paws. For a moment, Sky stood frozen; even when Devon went flying past her, Largo hot on his heels, she didn't budge a muscle. Sky wasn't sure if she'd seen the she-wolf before, but she had seen that bear.

"Mor'du..."

Last edited:

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
--------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~A Little Drop of Red~~~~~~

The soft tones of the music continued to play throughout both Lucas and Twila's explanations of the current events to Danu. Her long fingers seemed to delicately pluck the small glass up from the table she stood before, one of two which had just been filled with the same red liquid she had been drinking before the tall Reaper and Nightmare arrived in the apartment.

Now turning to them both as Twila began to explain the situation with the great Nightmare bear Mor'du and the others at the school, the tall red haired woman smiled as she listened, sipping the drink she had while the brief sign of something invisible but just barely noticeable as a shimmer slid down her free arm and towards the remaining and unoccupied drink.

As it showed more of its long snake like body, the tendril mouthed nightmare settled its numerous eyes towards Lucas and Twila, all while it emptied the glass of the red liquid just as Danu was doing with her own.

"Oh, so the little cub found someone to protect. Isn't that sweet. Let Mor'du have his fun." Said Danu, smiling to herself as she held the small glass close to her chest, the liquid just enough for one last sip.

"Milady, Dante has just reported in that he and Angela have encountered an unknown Reaper while Angela was engaged in a battle against the Tamer Michael and his Spirit partner Cheyenne. Would you like me to dispatch anyone else to their position? Or do you want me to tell Dante to monitor the Unknown for the time being?"

The sudden news of a new Reaper caused Danu to turn her full gaze towards Lucas, her smile growing more as if setting her eyes for the first time on a cute baby.

"A new Reaper you say? That's quite interesting. I think I would like to know more about this new arrival. Could you bring me to them Lucas, please?" Finishing the glass and placing it back down with its twin, the woman allowed the snake like leech to crawl back up her arm, its body fading and blending in with her outfit the more it traveled up to her neck and shoulders.

"I'm sure yourself, Dante, and dear Angela would be more than capable for the situation, you shouldn't need my help. Just, I would feel it best to meet this new person now though."

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- Awkward Chit-Chat -~

"That is true; however, as a King, I am able to fight well on my own, but I also do not turn away help from allies like you."

Siam smiled as Leo joined in on the friendly banter; sensing a wolf coming up behind her, she rolled to the right and hopped back to her feet. Kicking out with her right foot, she smiled slightly as Alex landed next to her before Alex threw herself back into the fray. Siam kept fending off nightmares, ducking, rolling, parrying with her staff and countering. She snuck a glance at Alex, more than a little amazed with how well Alex was handling her first real fight. Feeling her cheeks grow hot as she flushed, Siam focused back on fighting just in time to block a lunge from a wolf nightmare.

A growl slipping free, she shoved it backward only to whip around as Alex gasped. Siam couldn't explain it, but she felt a surge of rage rush through her as she saw that Alex was injured. She didn't bat an eye as Leo eliminated the Nightmares that were standing between him and Alex. It was just a moment later, after assessing his partner, when Leo turned to look at Siam and requested, "Listen to me: I need you to keep her safe as possible while I keep the damn Bear busy, all right? Hopefully, by the time the boy recovers from his dizziness, he'll be with me batting the Nightmare Bear."

Nodding her head, she said sarcastically, "Of course, you're a fool to even ask." Walking over to where Alex was, the cat-girl ran her fingers along the cut from the gap in her shirt. Pulling her fingers back, Siam scowled as she saw just how stained her fingers were. Placing her fingers back, she whispered, "Heal." The green light surrounded her fingers for a brief moment before sliding off of her fingertips only to go into Alex's injury, starting to reverse the damage from the gash Alex had received.

Staying focused on it, Siam suddenly realized just how weird this situation could be. Blushing a little, she raised her left hand, the one without the healing magic, and signed quickly, "Sorry if this is making you uncomfortable, I'm just trying to help you out. My name's Samara by the way, but you can call me Siam."

~- Opinions Not Mine -~

Apparently the break was over.

Demona ducked as Michael threw another punch; tossing her scythe to the side, her hands shot out to grab her opponent's wrists and shoved him backward. Anger flashing in her eyes, she leapt backward, putting space in between them and almost leapt forward again only to hesitate as a voice called out, "Oh?... Sorry for the noise I just didn't want this little rubbish to ruin your... little play date I guess it would be called."

A snarl tearing free, Angie spun to face the newcomer as the fog disappeared. Her mind registered Nightshade slinking up to her, fine if a little sore, but even then she didn't relax her stance as she watched the goth clad boy from behind her blindfold. She heard Michael's snarky questions, and while she heard the other words the stranger spoke, she couldn't fully focus on what was being said as she tapped into her fire magic (which is very minor) and sent it racing off to Dante.

"Oh? I apologize that's really none of my business probably... I should have just been patient and let you settle your fight, but I am in a real hurry you see, and I have lost those I was traveling with so my good sir I really need to borrow the young lady... that is if you don't mind."

This dragged Angie back to the conversation; eyeing the goth clad boy, she moved her attention away from him again as her eyes scanned the area for his partner. Absentmindedly reaching out a hand, she scratched Nightshade behind the ears to calm her partner's nerves, though she didn't blame Nightshade for her unease; Angie was feeling anxious herself. "I would really hate to have to harm someone I just met you see, and besides its to early for such hostile intent in the from of one on one's wouldn't you agree."

"What are you talking about, mister? It's never too early for hostile intent."

Demona glanced to her right to see Dante standing there, and she couldn't help but smile, considering of the way the situation could turn. Dante threw her a devilish grin of his own before he returned his attention to the situation at hand, his eyes snapping green fire. Holding up a hand, Demona said calmly, "Don't pick a fight with either of these two, Dante. We don't need that mess on our hands; besides, Nightshade just told me that Lady Danu wishes to meet this newcomer." She turned to Michael now, her stance more relaxed than it had been moments before, she smiled and said in an encouraging tone with just the slightest hint of condescension, "Go to the high school and help your friends, there's no need for you to stay here anymore."

Angie knew it'd anger Michael being dismissed like that, but she didn't care at the present moment in time. Walking over to the newcomer, she said coolly, "Let's get a move on, shall we? What all can I help you with?" She kept walking past him, knowing that Dante and Nightshade would be right behind her. Nightshade came up next to her after a few moments, asking her mentally, Do you think this boy can be trusted?

I'm not sure, that's why I'm not taking him fully to the hideout; instead it'll be at the midpoint. Contact Twila and let her know where we plan to go. Angie answered, keeping her mind focused on the usual procedure for new reapers that they were unsure of.

Nightshade had apparently sent the message off, because a few moments after the last exchange the black tigress said coyly, The message has been relayed; I even asked Twila and Lucas to bring Lady Danu along. Angie smiled at the message from Nightshade; Angie wasn't at all surprised of the addition as she continued walking, waiting for the two boys to catch up to her.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
~ Old enemies and return of an old friend~

Following Noct's attack on the Nightmare, Leo jumped into the trench and ran full speed to the bear, becoming almost like lightning. Roaring loudly, he used his special ability, Wildcat, and zipped by the bear, slashing and clawing at the bear's chest then turned around to its back and jumped on it and once again jumped high as he could. Once in the air, he switched and delivered one massive Lightning Roar to the Nightmare's face and ending its life and thus the battle.

The Nightmare bear roared in pain then disappeared into darkness, back to the Spirit Realm. Panting but feeling victorious at what he accomplished after being away from his kingdom in what seemed to be centuries, Leo made his way to Sammy and Noct, asking them if they're all right. "Nice job, you two. Now that bear is officially finished and done with, what do you say we head back to-" he stopped as he felt something or someone familiar nearby.

"No.. It cannot be," Leo said, his voice full of surprise. Frowning at this feeling, he turned his head to Sam and Noct, unsure what to make of this, debating with himself on what to do. This feeling.. I've felt it before centuries ago, but it's impossible; No one couldn't have survived that, let alone her. Leo thought as a distant memory nagged at him.

Snapping into attention, he knew he had to check it out, but someone needed to check on Alex. Looking up to Sam, he asked him to go and check on Alex and the goth-dressed girl. " I know you are a good fighter, Sam, but this is outside of your scope; So I ask of you to go back to the school and stay with Alex and I know I'm not in charge, but do what I say for the sake of everybody's safety."

He then turned his attention to Noct and told him to come along. "Noct, I don't know if you recognize this feeling or not, but you remember the failed attempt of the Reapers to break through the barriers of Deep Jungle? Well, this is the same thing, but problem is she shouldn't had survived the frontal assault," Leo spoke to his old friend as they ran to the large field where other Tamers were.

When they arrived, Leo was able to recognize Ezio and gave him a quick nod with his head and leaped in front of Ezio's partner, his eyes wide and shock on his face to see Sonnet at Mor'du's side, but more than the fact she's alive. He spoke to her, his voice barely audible. "How the hell are you still alive, Sonnet, and why are you siding with the Reapers?" he asked while glancing from left to right of Mor'du and Sonnet. " Did you forget what they tried to do back home? To us?" Leo roared this to her, unsure what his face was showing.

~ Questions, Questions ~

"Sorry if this is making you uncomfortable, I'm just trying to help you out. My name's Samara by the way, but you can call me Siam."

Alex shook her head as she could feel the bleeding and pain subsiding away and slowly lifted herself to an somewhat sitting position and moved back to the wall and lent back, sighing then giving away a brief smile to her. She signed back to her. "Nah, it's fine.. I'm used to this, considering everything," she giggled at Siam. "When I say everything, I mean everything, except for this," she gestured to the craziness around them, her face slightly blushing.

Gee, I'm supposed to be the one protecting her and yet she's protecting me.. Alex thought as she gazed at Siam's face. Mentally smacking herself in the face, she turned away, face becoming deep red. Gah, why can't I keep myself under control?!

Wondering when the others will return, Alex decided to ask Siam some questions. Turning her head back after calming herself down, she asked Siam why those Nightmares were chasing her. "I might be new to this, but I know you're a Spirit," she signed. "Leo told me about you while I was going through my Deep Dive and obviously, those Reapers must really want you if they're chasing you. There are two things I would think that could cause them to chase you: One, you know something that they want or Two, you stole something from them. Now, I'm not sure which is which, but considering how many of those Nightmares were here, I'd say it's both," She signed as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Also, I know this is kinda strange, but I love your tail and it's so cute!" She giggled then suddenly turned her face away from Siam, her face now full red again. Quickly looking back at her and signing to apologize to her for that personal question, "Sorry about that.. I don't know what came over me," she signed then turned her face to other things while mentally scolding herself for that personal question.

After what seemed to be eternity, she turned back to Siam and asked her this, "So.. when do you think the others will come back? I mean, I'm not ready to get back into the fray, but I'd feel better once we find a place that's safe, am I right?" she signed while thinking of Leo. Leo, I hope you're all right and I hope you kick that bear's ass for me! She thought while giving herself a thin smile that quickly turned into fits of giggles that she thought Siam wouldn't understand what was going through her head.

Alex took a deep sigh and closed her eyes for a moment while waiting for Siam's responses to her questions, pulling her legs to her chest, her arms and hands around her legs.

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Awards
"I am sorry but it seems their is some confusion. I don't recall saying I would go anywhere with a stranger," the stranger lightly chuckled raising his hands in a peaceful gesture. Clearly this newcomer wasn't just about to trust Demona, and Dante especially after Dante's actions of hostile intent. Just cause they were all reapers didn't mean they had similar goals by no means... and he could tell just by Demona's actions alone she agreed.

"I am not here to cause anyone any trouble... well yet but for now I have nothing, but good intent at this time. Their are four others I was suppose to met up with, but it seems unfortunately they got lost I was just curious if you had seen four reapers who don't belong to your group as of late," he asked with a innocent smile.

"If not ill be on my merry way maybe ill have better luck at this school that spirit tamer is heading for," he spoke tilting his head at the idea.

Shinra

Banned
Awards

~sooner than expected~
Rhea's ears perked from her laying position on Renn's bed. "I sense other spirits... They're fighting a nightmare... I also sense tamers alongside some of them. It's a certain victory but we may lose our chance to meet them afterward... Let's rush down to where they are..."

"Okay then Rhea..." Renn opened his door and slunk downstairs to the front door and slowly into his shoes.
He check his watch. 5:30 PM.

"We gotta make this quick, my aunt and uncle will be home soon..."

"Okay then... get on my back, I'll get you there as quick as I can..."

Renn and Rhea took off as Renn grabbed the long ebony and ivory tufts of fur. She dashed with solid speed toward where she sensed the spirits. It was in the direction of the school where she faced off against that wolf and falcon nightmare.

Last edited:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~- Banter -~

Samara smiled at Alex's answer, sitting on the floor next to her; Siam pursed her lips, trying to think of what to do next. She watched as Alex signed a bunch of questions to her, causing Siam to blush a little so her cheeks were a little pink. How was she supposed to react to this? She had no idea how to. Looking down at her shoes for several minutes, she looked back up and figured out how to respond to the first half of Alex's questions. A laugh escaping her, Siam signed back, "Leo told you about me being a spirit? Doesn't he know he should let a girl reveal her secrets when she's ready? Anyway, that's besides the point. Yeah, I'm a spirit."

Siam paused for a moment, and during this time Alex chose to make a comment about her tail. Growing flustered, Siam quickly signed back, "Uh, oh, thank you. It is pretty cute, and as for why those Nightmares were chasing me? It's a little complicated; and in certain ways I'm not entirely sure why they're after me."

She waited a bit to let this sink in, before she signed, "I'm not sure when the others will be back, but I wouldn't worry about them. Leo and Noct are with them, those two are pretty much an unstoppable tag team force. Trust me, I've seen it, it takes a lot to stop them when they get going and they're working together." What Siam didn't say, because she didn't want Alex worrying, is one of the thing's that could bring the two of them to a screeching halt was an enraged Mor'du.

Please don't let those egocentric Reapers or any of their partners be outside. She prayed silently, keeping that fear of her's in check so she didn't worry Alex. Remembering her last comment, Siam blushed a little and signed, "Yeah, a place somewhere safe to rest and get something to eat would be nice."

~- Offer -~

Demona smiled at what the new reaper said, it made sense, and apparently they were both cautious of the other. Turning to look at him, she said gently, "I know you didn't say you'd come with us, but I'm not sure what your friends look like; since you haven't given me much of an indication of their appearance. If you come with me though, we can try to find your friends; but I need you to trust me for the time being." She didn't have to look to see Nightshade crouched next to her, clearly on edge because of the last fight she had and with Dante being present.

Tangling her fingers in the tiger's fur, Angie said soothingly, "It's okay pretty girl, you're fine." She focused her attention on the newcomer as Nightshade relaxed, she knew what the feline was thinking; so it had her the tiniest bit on edge herself. "I give you my word that we will avoid any act of hostility while we're working together; and then if you choose not to work with you, neither of us will come after you. In exchange for helping you find your friends, you will come with us. Deal? Because I doubt your friends are at the high school," Angie addressed the newcomer, she shrugged her shoulder, making it seem as if it'd be no skin off of her nose in case the newcomer decided not to come along.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~- Eye of the Tiger -~

"I know you are a good fighter, Sam, but this is outside of your scope; So I ask of you to go back to the school and stay with Alex and I know I'm not in charge, but do what I say for the sake of everybody's safety."

Sam had to admit, having grown used to be the kind of leader, he didn't care much for the dismissal from Leo. But at the same time, Sam had seen how closely Noct had worked with Leo, and if nothing else, Sam had learned to trust his partner. And the girls really did need to get checked on. Nodding his head, Sam said quickly, "Just make sure Dev and Sky stay safe, Noct, or their parents'll have my ass on a platter."

Sam waited just long enough to get an acknowledgment from Noct, then he split off back for the school while the lions shot off for whatever it was that had Leo on edge. Sammy kept himself to a quick jog, using the time to pull energy up from the earth to clear his head and ease the ache in his back from when the bear threw him into the wall. Sam really wanted some pain killers, and maybe a stiff drink, but for now he could settle for the earth numbing things to a dull roar.

Reaching the detention room, Sam hopped back through the window. Finding the girls in the corner they'd been left in, Sam picked his way through upended and splintered desks, a low whistle escaping him as he saw the chaos left in the wake of the fight. "Damn, I don't envy the headache Sky and Dev are gonna get trying to get this one explained." Turning to look at the girls, he focused his attention on Alex, concern showing in his eyes as he asked her, "You okay? You took a pretty nasty hit back there."

~- Cat's Cradle -~

Devon didn't even stop to think. All he saw was Mor'du and the wolf staring down Sky, and he went into full big brother mode. He raced past her, the bone claws in his hands sliding out with a soft "snick", and jumped at Mor'du. Using his momentum, Devon jammed the claws of his right hand into the bear's shoulder, using the purchase to leap onto his back.

Mor'du roared, rage and pain turning the sound truly fearsome as he reached around with his other paw to swat Devon off his back. Devon twisted out of the way, avoiding the bear's swipe, and he just saw Largo as the tiger growled, ice forming in thick sheets on his pelt before he shot them off, raining down a barrage of needle shards to attack Mor'du's eyes and distract the bear even further.

This tactic worked momentarily, but then a barrier went up around Mor'du, causing the needles to fall dead in the middle of the air. Devon had just a moment to realize that the wolf had generated the barrier before Mor'du reared into the air. Unable to find purchase in time, Devon was thrown from the bear's back when Mor'du's paws thundered to the ground again. Largo zipped in, bowling Devon out of the way before Mor'du could pin the boy beneath those massive paws.

Devon clambered back to his feet again just as Noct came running up to the standoff, Leo close to his side. Leo seemed to take charge of the situation as he roared at the wolf, "How the hell are you still alive, Sonnet, and why are you siding with the Reapers? Did you forget what they tried to do back home? To us?"

Wait, wait, wait! Stop the presses! Was Leo actually claiming to know this Nightmare? Devon might only be six months into this war, but even he knew that made zero sense. Before he could make an idiot of himself, though, the wolf, Sonnet, responded, her voice brittle as frost as she said coldly, "Quite a bit of concern you show after you left me for dead, your majesty. You let my Tamer die, and then you left me to die. The Reapers showed more care for me than you ever did, and I repay kindness with loyalty, you son of a bitch!"

Devon was chilled by the venom in her words, and he was even more stunned by the idea that Spirits could choose to switch sides. But why would one? He was considering asking, but a glance at Noct distracted him. Noct seemed distracted himself, his eyes unfocused and his head tilted in confusion. He watched the two Nightmares, although he looked a million miles away. The softest puff of air escaped the lion, a quiet question on the exhale, "Choir?"

~- Maybe I'm a Lion -~

Okay, the dismissal from the Reapers, like he was some kind of kid and they didn't consider him to be a threat, seriously pissed Michael off. But at the same time, he did feel the slightest bit of unease when the girl mentioned his friends. How did she know they were all at the high school?

Michael sent a quick glance at Cheyenne, and he saw the some sense of anxiety reflected in her eyes. Giving him a quick nod, the partners decided to concede the match as a draw for now and both turned to run. The connection between Tamers was a lot shakier than it was between a Tamer and their Spirit partner, but Michael still found himself calling out, Yo, Sammy, you got trouble on your end?

For a moment, he didn't hear anything back. But then Michael heard Sam's voice in his head, kind of tense and on edge as the other guy responded, Something like that. Book it here and now, man; we got a newbie team and an Unbonded on our hands, not to mention some bitchy Nightmares. We need backup, STAT!

Michael doubled up his speed, tapping into the bond he had with Cheyenne so that both of them practically flew across the city. Before they reached the school, though, Michael felt two more approaching them. Slowing for a moment, Cheyenne and Michael came to a stop just as a white tiger and a boy came into view. Setting themselves as an obstacle to the unknowns, Michael called out, "Halt! Who are you?"

He wasn't about to let a Reaper slip through if that's who this guy was.

~- The Current and the Rocks -~

Dante's lip curled up at the corner into the slightest suggestion of a smile as the Reaper gave him and Angie cautious looks. Dante rather preferred that the Tamer took Ange's suggestion and scarpered off; though Dante always enjoyed toying with Michael's group, he had bigger prey to focus on today.

Stay focused, Dante. The command was in his head before Dante could say anything in regards to the new Reaper's obvious distrust of him; smart man, that one. Instead, Dante had to deal with Lucas bitching him out before the brass even got there. Choosing instead to keep his peace for the moment, Dante snapped back to Lucas, Yeesh, you're not even here and you're gonna bust my balls? Chill your head, dumbass; I'm not gonna lose focus.

Sorry if I've learned to be cautious where you're concerned, Ascher. Just keep the Unknown there for about another five minutes. Lady Danu and I are in route.

Like hell you're sorry, but 10-4, Mr. Leader Sir, Dante thought sourly. Even so, he let the aggression out of his stance as he reached into his pocket for his pack of nicotine. Grabbing one, he lit it quickly before he glanced back at the stranger, Dante said in a much friendlier tone, "Let's just call our original introduction a bad start and forget about it. So, how's about we follow the little lady's advice and discuss this like the civilized gentlemen that we are? You say you're looking for a few people, Mr...?"

Yeah, Dante could be so full of bullshit sometimes. Those who thought otherwise were stupid, and those that had an issue with it could go right to hell.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
"Halt! Who are you?"

Both Renn and Rhea turned their heads toward Michael and Cheyenne

"Uh... I'm uh..." He stammered as he looked at them.

"I'm Renn... And this is Rhea... My uh... spirit."

Renn looked at Rhea with a quizzical look asking if they were friend or foe.

"Don't worry Renn they too are spirit and tamer like you and I."

He breathed a sigh of relief as he got off Rhea. "I'm sorry... I'm really new to this sort of thing... and Rhea's been telling me all about nightmares and reapers and stuff... I can't be too careful right now."

Last edited:

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~- Ally -~

"I'm Renn... And this is Rhea... My uh... spirit."

Michael didn't look away from the boy, but he did say in a low voice, "What do you think, Chey?"

The only reason Michael relaxed his stance was because Cheyenne seemed easy around these two. Though she still wanted to get to the school, the cougar purred softly as she said, "They are who the boy says they are, Michael. Rhea is one of my kindred, even though I don't know her very well."

Michael rubbed the back of his head as he offered a quick apology to Renn. "Look, I'm sorry about that; it's just things are kinda tense right now. We just had a scuffle with the Reapers and now... Shit!"

Michael started jogging again, keeping his pace a little slow so Renn could keep up. Despite being on the move, Michael threw over his shoulder, "Look, if you're new to this, I swear we'll explain whatever you need explained in a bit. But I gotta haul ass to help my friends out. If you want to hang back cause you're a rookie, then stick with Rhea. But if you're gonna come, then move your ass!"

It was quite clear in his tone that Michael wasn't being mean or dismissive, despite the bite that his chosen words could hold. It's just that he knew his friends needed him, so he was focusing on that.

~- Curiosity Appeased -~

"A new Reaper you say? That's quite interesting. I think I would like to know more about this new arrival. Could you bring me to them Lucas, please? I'm sure yourself, Dante, and dear Angela would be more than capable for the situation, you shouldn't need my help. Just, I would feel it best to meet this new person now though."

Lucas sketched a bow to Danu, and he sensed Twila doing the same to his right. His voice low, Lucas said courteously, "As you will, mi'lady. We should be off now."

~ Ten Minutes Later ~

Lucas stride carried him across the grass as he, Lady Danu, and Twila approached the small group of Reapers ahead of them. Lucas saw Dante, that half-cocked smile of his telling Lucas that Dante was just itching for the other guy to give him a reason to throw a punch. Lucas also saw Angie and the girl's partner. Ang' was doing her best to keep Dante on his leash, but their whole group knew that was no easy feat.

And of course, the man of the hour, this stranger that their group was here to greet. Seeing as how he wanted to know who this stranger was before he chose his mood, Lucas kept his voice neutral as he called out, "Well, looks like this is turning into quite the party. Is there anything we can help you with, good sir?"

Shinra

Banned
Awards
-once again, into the fray-

"O-okay! L-let's go Rhea! follow them!"

"You got it!" Rhea then took off at a steady pace so as to not lose their new companions.

"Renn I sense more nightmares and possibly even a couple reapers. Be vigilant!"

"Okay Rhea!" Rhea's comforting yet firm guidance seemed to keep Renn calm as well as on his toes... He knew something could happen and he hoped that with Michael's and Rhea's help he could be ready for what was to come.

Roxie1563

Awards
"Quite a bit of concern you show after you left me for dead, your majesty. You let my Tamer die, and then you left me to die. The Reapers showed more care for me than you ever did, and I repay kindness with loyalty, you son of a bitch!"

"Loyalty?! How dare you speak to me of Loyalty?" Leo roared at her upon hearing her responses. "Sonnet, you were loyalty to the Tamers, to the people and to me! We were a team! We took down over hundreds and hundreds of Nightmares and Reapers in the course of our lives."

Leo couldn't make sense of it but he had to try to appeal to her common sense. "Sonnet," he spoke to her in earnest. "If you think the Reapers cared about you, you're wrong. The Tamers loves you more as does the people back home," he pleaded to her.

"Think! Think back to the day the Reapers tried to invade Deep Jungle. I, as the king, had to protect the people whatever it took and it was you that volunteered to join the soldiers to push back the Reapers long enough for the citizens to escape unscathed. I swear unto you that I did not mean for you and your partner to die!"

Leo turned his head to where Noct stood in a daze and nudged him by the shoulder to get him to help out, but to no avail. Holding back what would had been a massive growl, he looked left and right of Mor'du and Sonnet then to the rest of the Tamers that stood behind him, musing on what to do. It was then he realized that the safety of others were the uttermost importance than facing the two pairs of them.

Turning his attention to Largo and Ezio, he spoke to them to pull back which they did so, despite the protests of their partners but were quickly dispelled by letting out of what sounded to be growl of disapproved. Leo then turned his head and stared at Sonnet in what seemed to be an attempt of reconnecting the bit of goodness that laid deep, deep inside the heart of the wolf.

To let her know of their intentions, he spoke diplomatically to them. "Listen.. We do not have to fight anymore further today. I know whom you are pursing and I do know why, but I warn of you: Any attempt of harming her can lead to disastrous events of which can or cannot be avoided. Now.. We leave in peace."

Walking backward to keep eyes on them, Leo couldn't help but feel this is not over yet between him and Sonnet.

~~~

Alex started to give off her responses to Siam when she felt the vibration of footsteps coming through and began to get up, but quickly relaxed as Sammy came in and asked her if she was okay.

She signed back to him while checking his body for anything broken, but appeared to be fine. "Sam, I'm fine.. Beside, thanks to her, I'm feeling little better," she chuckled, but groaned in pain as she tried to laugh. Trying to focus on him, she asked him where was Leo and Noct.

"Aren't they with you?" Alex signed to him while getting up on her feet then slowly made her way to Sam, but only making it to a few inches did she fell down to the ground, her eyes closed, her body convulsing due to the blood that she lost before Siam healed her up.

The last thing she thought of was the memory of what seemed to be another world that felt familiar to her when she was a child and someone cradling her head.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
----------------------------------------

~~~~~~A Glimpse Of The Past~~~~~~

The thick fog that settled throughout the city still continued to impair many of the ordinary citizens sight, something to which never inflicted any of the Reapers, and perhaps some of the Tamers as well. As the three figures passed by the few people still going about their business, it was as if they didn't exist, not one of the three. Twila, though to the ordinary mass she was invisible, nor even the tall and looming sights of Lucas and Lady Danu by his side, it was as if the fog was an entirely different world to everyone else, and the three were merely passing through it, like ghosts to all those around them.

Reaching the small park, the grass made small sounds of swishes as Danu made her way across the lawn with Lucas and Twila, the fog seemed less thicker for a moment, but within no time at all the slightly empty space soon was filled once again. The sight of the two familiar Reapers, caused a sweet smile to appear on Danu's face, her hands clasped lightly in front of her as she nodded her head slightly to them both, her eyes catching sight of the supposed new Reaper. His hair, his eyes, even the same way he stood, it was as if she was looking at someone who couldn't possibly be there, but her smile and presence never once faded.

"Well, looks like this is turning into quite the party. Is there anything we can help you with, good sir?" Said Lucas to the newcomer, his attitude trying to be like that of a single minded neutrality, a coldness to hide any of his feelings that could be used to reveal his true thoughts towards the new Reaper.

"He wishes to find some of his companions. Isn't that so, young man?" Danu said as she took to stepping ahead of Lucas and Twila further along the grass, and towards the three young people before her. "We would be glad to help of course. That's why you stayed this long, haven't you?"

Kingdomkeylight

Awards
"Let's just call our original introduction a bad start and forget about it. So, how's about we follow the little lady's advice and discuss this like the civilized gentlemen that we are? You say you're looking for a few people, Mr...?"

"Wouldn't territorially hostility be the proper term," the new reaper chuckled seemingly delighted by Dante's sarcastic response to hold back his true nature. The reaper looked back and forth as both Demon, and Dante did their best to either convince him to come or simply stall him in place until someone got there... with the latter becoming fact as two new voices entered the conversation.

"Well, looks like this is turning into quite the party. Is there anything we can help you with, good sir?"

"We would be glad to help of course. That's why you stayed this long, haven't you?"

"Oh my it seems I am being given the red carpet treatment," the reaper chuckled as his eyes immediately met with Danu's... it was clear he knew who she was yet how and why were indeed a mystery. The gothic boy didn't respond for a moment as he observed Danu then with a light smirk he seemed satisfied by what he saw.

"It seems the legends about you might not be that false Lady Danu. Yes I am looking for a few friends of mine, but I am sure I don't have to go into detail about that them there are just three reapers one male two female. I am sure they are looking for me and are quit... spot able trust me," he chuckled before tilting his head at Lucas it was clear that boy was hiding his reaction to his sudden appearance.

"If you just happen to see any reapers that don't belong to you let them know to contact my nightmare from there I should be able to find them on my own I wouldn't want to cause you to much trouble over my own problems... besides it seems you have your hands full with the tamers," the teen spoke as he bowed respectfully at Danu before seemingly getting ready to leave.

"I think I have probably over stayed my welcome it has been a pleasure to meet you," he spoke soothingly as he started to walk away.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~- Angels May Fall -~

Flames were crawling over every surface as he flew over the ground. He did his best to block out the screams of the trapped and the moans of the dying. He couldn't help them; the Great Feline knew he'd already tried. This was madness; who unleashed a fire drafter into such a place as the Deep Jungle? He knew the fire user wasn't one of theirs. Leo would never allow such a thing to happen. He continued his search for survivors of the frontal assault, hoping, praying. Leo had already retreated; as the King of the Jungle, he'd been in charge of overseeing the retreat. But she'd stayed behind...

A spill of golden hair caught his attention, a particular shade that he'd know anywhere. A young woman was pinned under a fallen tree, her waist and legs caught under the massive trunk. Angling down, he landed softly, his heart in his throat. Rushing over, he felt like his air way was being blocked off as he whispered, "Please be okay. Please, Em, be okay..."

The woman was dead.

His heart stuttered to a stop as his breathing ceased. It was the only reason he heard the soft whimper over the roar of the flames. Spinning, he felt his heart kick back into high gear as he saw the wolf just a few paces away. Leaping forward, he cried out, "Lady Choir!"

Choir turned to look at him, pain seated firmly in her eyes on so many levels. He could see that the she-wolf was pinned as well, though not as much as her Tamer was. The tree had crushed her partner, but it had, by some miracle, only landed on Choir's right hind leg. It could have still been a death sentence, but Choir wasn't alone anymore. He could help her.

Putting his paws on the tree, he heaved, trying to move the dead thing even just a little bit. It barely budged. He threw more and more of his strength behind it, growing more desperate as it moved by the tiniest of fractions.

"Forget it, Noct! Save yourself and get out of here!"

But he couldn't. Noct roared in frustration, the muscles in his forelegs knotted and bunched as tight as they'd go as he poured everything he had into moving that thing. He couldn't fail Choir; she'd saved him from his own certain end. He couldn't leave her behind.

A soft gasp from Choir had Noct looking down. The tree was barely away from her, but it was enough for her to wrench her leg out from under it. She hobbled away enough so that he could drop the trunk, then she collapsed on the ground, her sides heaving. Her leg was mangled and horribly burned, and it dragged behind her for the short distance she'd been able to manage. There wasn't anyway she'd be able to escape the flames, and he was exhausted from the battle that day.

She was still going to die here.

"Sonnet, you were loyal to the Tamers, to the people and to me! We were a team! We took down over hundreds and hundreds of Nightmares and Reapers in the course of our lives. Sonnet, if you think the Reapers cared about you, you're wrong. The Tamers loves you more as does the people back home. Think! Think back to the day the Reapers tried to invade Deep Jungle. I, as the king, had to protect the people whatever it took and it was you that volunteered to join the soldiers to push back the Reapers long enough for the citizens to escape unscathed. I swear unto you that I did not mean for you and your partner to die!"

Leo's plea woke Noct from the nightmare that he'd still failed her. He'd sworn loyalty to Choir for saving his life. She'd been an angel of mercy when he'd most needed one, and he'd failed her when she needed him most. Noct forced himself to focus on Mor'du and Choir... no, Sonnet. Noct couldn't remember if it had always been Sonnet and Choir had been the name her closest friends had called her, but it didn't matter now. It was Sonnet standing there, anger, pain, judgment, and a whole wealth of unknowable emotions swirling deep in those green eyes of hers.

But most chilling of all was the unyielding hatred that glimmered in her eyes. And Noct knew that no matter how much Leo pleaded with her, his pleas would fall on deaf ears. Sonnet had survived the siege of Deep Jungle, however barely that survival may have been, while her partner had died. That kind of trauma would twist anyone nearly beyond recognition, turning old alliances and friendships into dark caricatures of what they had been, turning them into the bitterest of enemies over the loss. Noct understood that all too well. His own past partner, upon learning of the death of Sonnet's Tamer, went mad with grief. Despite their allies attempts to stop him, Noct's partner had made a suicidal stand against those he'd felt where responsible; he'd died in the crossfire, leaving Noct in the lurch. Noct didn't understand how he'd kept his sanity from going the same way as Choir's.

He still didn't understand it.

"Listen.. We do not have to fight anymore further today. I know whom you are pursing and I do know why, but I warn of you: Any attempt of harming her can lead to disastrous events of which can or cannot be avoided. Now.. We leave in peace."

Sky and Devon both made noises of protest, but they were quickly silenced by Leo, Largo, and Ezio. Slowly, the Tamers and Spirits started walking away from Mor'du and Sonnet, Leo practically leading the still dazed Noct. Noct found himself unable to look away from Sonnet; from the suddenly naked yearning and deep sorrow that showed in her eyes. From the way she stood, the subtle tells that nearly all of her weight was held on her left side, to the sudden exhaustion that showed in her stance. She turned away, and Mor'du instantly turned as well, the bear blocking the much smaller she-wolf from view and danger.

"It doesn't matter." The words were a soft sigh, the fatigue that Noct had seen seeping into Sonnet's voice. "The pieces for the war have landed where Fate has willed them for this cycle. We are all puppets, and a puppet must always play her part. You can't fight what's to come, Leo. No matter how hard you try."

Even with saying that, the Nightmares didn't pursue them. Instead, the two disappeared back into the trees again, probably so they could find and report to their Reapers. Noct watched the way Mor'du protected her, but even the bear couldn't hide everything. He couldn't hide the soft whir of gears, the quiet, barely there hiss of electricity flowing through wires, the muted shush of metal plates sliding against each other. Not when there wasn't any wind. Not when the one that these things were being hidden from had already noticed.

Noct had seen the sun glance off Sonnet's mechanical right hind leg.

~- A Candle to Guide Me -~

Twila heard the soft chuckle from Dante that spoke of the Reaper's amusement, although the filly couldn't understand where that had come from. Evidently, there'd been a missed punchline; although if the Nightmare knew that Reaper at all, which she did because he was Lucas' best friend, she knew it was probably because of just how volatile Dante's temper was.

As the new Reaper came into view, Twila hung back, allowing Lucas and Lady Danu to draw ahead of her. Twila took on the role of observer, her pale blue eyes sweeping over the congregation. Lady Danu seemed to know the Reaper, at least if the way she stood was anything to go by, and the Reaper in turn seemed to know their leader. That piqued Twila's interest, but she knew it was a topic for another time.

However, despite Lucas, Lady Danu, and Angie's civility, and probably because of Dante's incivility, the Reaper seemed ready to leave. He sketched a bow to Lady Danu, a move that was both respectful and had a slight air of an era gone by, then began to make his leave. Twila glanced toward Lucas, wanting to know what he wanted her to do. In response, the young man shook his head ever so slightly, a gesture that made it clear that Twila should just leave it alone. The filly tossed her head, irritated, but she held her place. She didn't care much for situations that tickled her curiosity only to leave the questions unanswered, but she wasn't one to break orders, either.

Turning her head, Twila was surprised to see that Dante was, amazingly enough, behaving himself. He didn't make any further moves to try to antagonize the Reaper, and instead, he had his head cocked to the side, both paying attention to the current situation and focusing on matters elsewhere. Speaking with Mor'du, perhaps? Twila turned her attention back to the Reaper that had drawn them all here. He was nearly gone.

Would Angie or Lady Danu stop him?

~- All You Do is Think -~

"Sam, I'm fine.. Beside, thanks to her, I'm feeling little better."

Sammy nodded, a faint smile sketching across his face, but he still knelt to check Alex over. Now that things were relatively quiet in the school, he could sense that the blond girl was one of theirs, although Sammy was blown away by the fact that a Spirit could take on the form of a human. He'd have to see if she could teach Noct to do that; Sammy was already half looking forward to the possibilities this could bring. He found himself trusting the girl already, but he wanted to check on Alex himself. She was in detention often enough when he was in charge of watching the kids that Sammy felt responsible for her, especially since he should have realized she was a Tamer sooner. Way to go on botching that one up, Sammy.

"Aren't they with you?"

Sammy only caught the end of her question because he'd been checking her over, but he knew immediately who Alex was talking about. Flooding his hands with earth magic, Sammy checked a little bit deeper. Carefully, so she could read his lips, Sammy said, "Leo wanted to check something out, so he took Noct for a little back up. I wouldn't be too worried about them. And it looks like our new friend here did a pretty good job patching you up. Just take it a little easy for a bit, okay Alex? I've got some stuff back at my place that would help out a lot. Do you think you can stand?"

Sammy blinked, and began cursing. Turned out he had said those things to Alex, but he still wasn't anywhere near her; his head had gotten way ahead of him in just a few seconds. The perils of thinking too often and being a part of this war were that he sometimes missed what was reality and what was in his own head. The girl stood up, trying to come over to talk to him, but she collapsed, the pale cast of her skin showing that she'd fainted because of blood loss. Sam's long legs quickly ate the distance, so he was at least able to catch her before she hit her head on something.

Carefully lowering her to the ground, Sammy said softly, "Alex? Hey, come on girl, wake up!"

~- Welcome to the New Age -~

The boy was brave, Cheyenne gave him that much. After a brief moment of hesitation, Renn followed after Michael and the cougar, his stride lengthening as his confidence jumped. Sensing this, Michael's own pace quickened, until the young man was nearly flying over the ground again. Cheyenne stretched out, keeping time with Michael, and Rhea followed close on Renn's heels.

It was this kind of pace that the four of them kept, even up to the point of running straight into the fence surrounding the school. Michael waited until the last moment, then vaulted over the chain link, barely slowing down at all. Cheyenne chuffed a little; looked like all those hours in the park with Sammy were finally paying off. Bunching her muscles, the cougar took her turn at the fence, leaping over with ease and a graceful flip near the peak.

Turning back for a moment, Cheyenne waited until Renn and Rhea had made their decision on the fence before the Spirit followed after Michael again. It wasn't long before their small group met with an even larger group of Spirits and Tamers; but the majority of these she knew well.

Cheyenne heaved a sigh of relief as she saw Sky and Devon. She also saw Ezio hovering just over the group, his attention sliding back and forth between something farther afield and his allies below him. Cheyenne was surprised to see the blond lion in their midst, and even more surprised, and concerned, at the glazed look in Noct's eyes. Turning to Largo, the cougar took a moment to butt her head affectionately against the tiger's before she asked softly, "What happened to Noct? And who's the other other one?"

Largo shook his head, the same concern Cheyenne felt shining in his amber eyes. "I don't know, Chey. We were confronted by Mor'du and a wolf Nightmare, and that's when Noct froze up. And as for who the King of the Jungle is? How about you ask that fine fellow yourself, dear."

"Has he Bonded yet?" Cheyenne wanted to know this vital information first.

Largo nodded his head, his eyes locking on the two lions ahead of them. "Yeah, he's Bonded. The girl's inside the school, and I think Sammy's with her."

Cheyenne nodded, and she saw the relief that went through Michael's eyes at this news as well. As the blond drifted over to talk to the two Tamer siblings, Cheyenne walked up closer to Noct and the other lion, her tail curling around Largo's for the barest moment before she drew away from him. Bowing in respect to the tawny lion, she said, "Thank you. I can sense you've taken good care of my friends. My name's Cheyenne, and I hope we can be close comrades in the future."

Shinra

Banned
Awards
-good thing I trained-

Renn caught himself in the moment as he saw Cheyenne and Michael bound over the fence. although he knew he couldn't jump over it in a single bound he accelerated his pace and jumped for the top bar hoisting himself up and over before leaping down, as he was doing so Rhea had caught up with them and tucked herself into a flipping position in the air to keep from getting caught by the top bar.

When they both caught up with the others Renn looked to Rhea and she confirmed that they were friends and not foes before hunching over trying to catch his breath. "Haven't ran like that in some time..."

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~- Hear the Calling -~

Samara laughed at the other girl's antics, only to freeze as she heard the sound of footsteps. Her eyes darted up to the door, her grip tightening on her staff as she braced herself for whoever was about to come through. Siam relaxed a fraction as Sam stepped into view, her mind wandering off as Alex and Sam exchanged words. Climbing to her feet, she trailed after Alex for a bit, only to feel a surge of panic as the girl collapsed because of blood loss. Crouching down, Siam stared at Alex trying to see if anything else had played a factor even as Sammy was telling her to wake up.

Siam heard the melody again, the same one that had called her there in the first place. Climbing back to her feet, the cat-girl looked at Sam to see if he heard it too. It didn't bother her too much when she realized it was just her, looking toward the window again, she hissed, "I'll be right back, you look after Alex." Then before he could answer, Siam hopped out of the window and made her way to the front of the school. Her fingers curled around the cool bars, she hesitated for only a moment before she started climbing up and over.

Landing on the ground, she looked left and then right before she started jogging down the street; her mind racing ahead of her. She wasn't sure where she was, all she knew was that she was away from the school and where she was looked to be deserted. While this would be unsettling for some, Siam had grown accustom to these types of surroundings. She didn't stop jogging as her eyes scanned her surroundings, searching for whoever it was that had called her there.

She could hear her partner calling to her, even if they were not aware of it.

~- Think I'm Crazy? -~

Nightshade watched the Reapers, her senses on high alert as she watched them. Sensing Twila's presence as the filly came up with her partner and their leader, the tigress blinked her eyes slowly and bowed her head. Turning her attention back to the newcomer, she noted the way that Lady Danu and him seemed to get along; and even the way that Angie seemed to be interested in this new Reaper. Crouching low to the ground, she inhaled so she could memorize his scent. It certainly matched the boy's appearance, but that wasn't what had her confused, it was more that she recognized at least one of the multiple scents that clung to this man.

Eyes darting to him, she let her surprise show in her eyes before she shoved it to the side. Climbing to her feet, the feline walked toward him just as Angie ran forward, grabbing the man's hand in an attempt to make him pause. Uncertain how well it would work, the feline leveled cool yellow eyes on the new Reaper, the feline purred, "I think I know where at least one of your friends are."

She hesitated only just long enough to see how he'd react, and then she continued soothingly, "You said you have two companions, is one of them a female mage that can use thunder magic? If so, I'd come across her just a few hours ago when me and my partner were on patrol."

Nightshade did not have to see her partner's eyes to know the girl was confused. Even so, she did not look away from the boy, somehow knowing that there was more to this boy than meets the eye. "In regards to our company, the boys will not raise a hand to harm you unless either ordered to, or you attempt to harm the two ladies present. Although you do not appear to be the type to do that kind of thing, sir. Now, my only question is, what are you going to do? Are you going to leave? Or are you going to take a leap of faith on a stranger's word and stick around for a bit?"

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Awards
"Thank you. I can sense you've taken good care of my friends. My name's Cheyenne, and I hope we can be close comrades in the future."

Leo smiled at her then bowed back at her while letting out what sounded like to be amusement from seeing this young cougar showing respect to the equal young King as well. He turned to his side with his head on the left, wondering if Noct were all right; seeing Sonnet again must had stirred up memories that hid within him and Leo as well. It was then he realized how long it had been since he last visited the Mortal Realm..

Leo turned back to Cheyenne and asked her that question. "Excuse me, my dear, but would you be willing to tell me what century this is?" He spoke to the cougar while looking around his environments. He was surprised to see how much has changed since the last time he visited and that was, he believed, during the Revolutionary War when he got the call that Deep Jungle was going to be invaded by the Reapers.

Letting out a puff of air coming out of his mouth, his thoughts turned to his ally and good friend whom would eventually become the first President of America, General George Washington. Oh, what a friend he was! It was him who taught Leo the importance of understanding the price of war while learning how to live the way his father would had teach him, were it not for his early death during the second generation King's reign, as a King.

He snapped out of it when he saw the cat-girl jumping over the fence and running away from the school. Confused, he muttered to himself. "What is she doing..? Should she not be with.." His eyes went wide as a single word uttered out of him that caused everyone to hear what he said.

"Alex!"

Leo ran and jumped over the broken window, ignoring the clinking sounds that made as he stepped on the glasses. He huffed and puffed, climbing up the stairs to where Alex was. Turning around the corner sharply, he ran through the door that was partially broken and barely holding in place by its hinges but came down as the tawny lion crashed through then slowed down to see Sam holding Alex's head in his hands.

Panting, Leo looked at Alex, whose eyes were closed, then looked at Sam. He stared at Sam and asked him what has happened to her.

"We must get her to a Healing Center!" He spoke out to Sam, his voice full of worry but that rapidly changed when he realized that Sam had no idea what he was referencing to. "You DO have a Healing Center, Sam?"

~~~

Alex opened her eyes to see herself inside a castle that felt so familiar when she was little. Looking around, she found out that she was floating in the air yet close to the ground. "What's going on..?" She pondered when she heard a voice coming from somewhere further away and decided to check it out.

She flew to the voice's direction which led her to the basement that yet felt familiar. Turning her head, she let out an gasp but quickly covered her mouth with her right hand as she saw an young woman looking over of what appeared to be a small girl on a table while the other table contained a female cat that seemed to be in her 20's.

Alex was shocked to see both females has been bounded, unable to escape from whatever was to befall to those poor people. She slowly made her way to the wall and peered into the glass as she listened to the young lady talking to someone outside beyond Alex's sight.

"Yes, it has been a while until we could get the right dosage for this Spirit to be calm down," the young lady said to the stranger while checking their vials and jotting notes. "Unfortunately, I do not think the experiment would be successful.. However, it is worth noting this little one," she turned her head to the small girl, "is capable of surviving this as well the next one."

The young lady nodded her head when the stranger asked her something. "Of course, the King doesn't know about this! I made sure of it." She scowled at the stranger but quickly backpedals herself before she got herself into trouble. "Anyway.. shall we proceed?"

Alex couldn't hear what the stranger said, but whatever he/she/it said, it was enough for the lady to leave the room. That gave Alex the chance to get closer to the girls. When she got close enough, she let out a loud scream as she recognized the young girl as Siam! "What the hell is going on here?!" she thought to herself as she backed up when an intense light immediately glowed the entire room.

She jumped a few feet as she heard the screams and moans of both Young Siam and the cat as the experiment continued. A few minutes later, the light disappeared alongside with the screams and the sounds of footsteps coming back to the table. Alex rubbed her eyes and quickly floated to the screen again and became shocked of how there was no Spirit anymore on the second table while the first table still had the girl yet she was glowing in so many colors and her body had become part human and part cat who were a Spirit!

The lady cackled, saying to the stranger, "It worked! It worked!" She turned to the table, her hands trembling but wanting to touch her. "I can't believe it.. I was told it would never work yet I proved those imbeciles and the King wrong!"

Alex were shivering and full with horror from what she had witnessed. She watched as the lady ordered one of her lackeys to remove them out of their sight until further notice while telling the others to bring out the next Spirit for a single experimentation. The next table brought out another Spirit, but instead of a cat, it was a lion that appeared to be the same age as the cat yet one thing set her different from the other and it was the golden crown that were atop of her head.

Alex realized it was the Queen of this castle as the lady looked to her, her face full of disgust yet full of happiness of what would come next. "You know it would have never came to this if had you not walked in my lab, my highness.. " she spoke to her while mocking her title. "Now, you will pay for-"

She was cut off from talking as the Queen fired back. "Enough of this, Danu! I demand you let go of me now!" The queen's eyes were full of fire yet her body showed that she were terrified of what she saw and heard earlier on.

"You knew my husband forbade you from doing this yet you went through with it and all for what?" She roared at Danu but were quickly muffed up before she continued speaking out.

Alex became so mad at the mistreatment of the Queen yet she couldn't do anything but watch the scene unfold before her. It was when she looked to her left and saw someone else were here! She floated away from the screen and to the stairs but stopped when she started at her younger self that saw everything. The Younger Alex toddled her way to the room which caused Danu to whirl around and seeing at the sight of a girl coming into her lab.

Danu growled and then smiled when she saw the chance to destroy the girl. Alex flew into the lab and tried to pull Danu away, but ended up floating backward to the wall and laid beside the Queen who were struggling to break free. Groaning and holding her head, Alex sat on the ground, watching as Danu picked the younger Alex up with her hands and started to do something to her when the Queen suddenly broke free and attacked the evil doctor which caused her to drop the young girl and ran away to reach her staff that were in the other room.

Alex quickly made her way to her younger self while the Queen and Danu fought it out. She checked herself and were glad to see she were okay when the young Alex cried. Gasping, the older Alex turned around and were horrified to see the Queen's body spilling out what appeared to be mixture of color blood as Danu stood over the laboring Queen, her staff in hand, her hair full of mess.

Danu growled to herself, cursing at the Queen. "I hope it was worth it, you dumb bitch!" She slowly looked up to the still crying young girl and made her way, her smile full of malice as her hands twirled the staff around. Once when she reached the girl, she just simply stared at it and slowly, she rose her staff above her head and started to come down upon it when a very powerful light shined high, causing Danu to turn around and screaming, her staff clattering to the ground in an attempt to cover her eyes from the intense light.

Alex covered her eyes as well but were able to peek through her fingers to see that Danu has disappeared to who knows where and felt herself zooming away from the lab room, the ground floor, through the ceiling and into the sky and were shocked to see many lands and more when she disappeared away.

~~~

Alex's eyes slowly fluttered in and out while her head felt like being used for basketball. Slowly, she looked around her environment and wondered where she was, wondering if everyone was all right. A few words came out of her mouth and that was enough for her as she felt so tired.

"Where am I...?"

She then turned her head to the front and realized there was a calendar, but she was confused at the date which showed May 20th, three days later!

Alex didn't know what to make of it but before she could figure it out, she quickly entered into sleep again, her thoughts on her new friend and her partner, Siam and Leo.

Kingdomkeylight

Awards
~♦Fish, Cats, Girls, and Cat Girls?♦~

"Rizan could you fetch the last crate of fish for your father," the mother of the households voice echoed out to the front door where a black haired boy was about to exit for a midnight stroll.

"Ya no problem mom," he yelled back as he exited out of the house of dark blue. Their had been a accident at the school two days so currently school was closed until the repairs were done which Rizan didn't mind though it did take away from his boxing practice. He sighed at that thought alone as he started to head down the hollowed alleyways to his dads fish market apparently the old man had forgotton to bring back a box before leaving the fish market.

"Heh guess he's getting at the age of forgetfulness," Rizan chuckled to himself as he turned the corner to the even darker market place very lightly lit by the moons purple light. Whistling a peaceful tune the boy pulled out a key from his pocket as he headed for the stand his father sold his catch of the day at. Jumping over the cashier table he was about to unlock the storage stand in the back when he realized the lock had been broken.

"Oh don't tell me that rusted old thing finally broke," Rizan groaned as he then realized the door had been open partly. Sighing as he estimated what had happen he opened the door wide open and looked in the left behind box.... yep empty... all fish gone... most likely stolen by...

"Looks like the cats had a field day with this... heh serves dad right for not replacing that old thing," he sighed as he knew his dad would have a field day with this, and curse about the house until mom would hit him with a kitchen utensil to remind him their were to children in the house. He chuckled at the sight soon to come and closed the door starting to whistle again before hearing a strange noise under the cashier desk.

"Oh did one of you little thieves get left behind," he chuckled as he walked over to the table and got down on all four. Since he didn't hear any hissing it was probable safe to assume the animal wasn't hostile. So with a soothing whistle to lull the animal he reached his hand into the darkness aiming to grasp the nap of the neck of the cat hiding.

"Hah gotcha you little cute devil," he chimed once his hand got ahold of the critters neck which was oddly bigger then it should have been. Without his mind registering the factors he pulled the creature out of the dark to reveal it under the moonlight, and well.... he found himself with a somewhat stupefied look.

"Well... your cute... but your definitely not a kitty," he said as he made eye contact with the normal fourteen year old goth styled dressed girl... with cat ears... and cat eyes... yep... normal... nothing strange here. Once he shook of the oddities he was witnessing his mind reminded him that the cat ears were for sure fake and apart of her hood, and the eyes well their were contacts that could pull that look off right? Once he thought his mind straight he registered a even stranger fact... their was currently a fish in the grasp of her mouth... with the possible best blank expression for the year he stood still for a moment before finally speaking.

"Didn't realize their was a anime convention in town," he said letting go of the girl neck as he got into a sitting position not quite sure how to respond to the sudden change of events he was now in.

~☼Its Dangerous To Trust A Stranger☼~

Just as the reaper neared leaving sight he was suddenly halted as one of the girl literally ran up to him and caught his arm trying to halt him, convince him otherwise it seemed. Yet right as he was about to explain he was in a hurry and request his hand back his full attention was caught by one of the last lines of the girls partner.

"You said you have three companions, is one of them a female mage that can use thunder magic? If so, I'd come across her just a few hours ago when me and my partner were on patrol."

"Oh... is that so," the stranger said to the cat as he little took his hand back from Angie, and knelt down to the cat giving her his full attention as she continued to speak of no hostile content. Once she was done talking he chuckled lightly at her last sentence of taking a leap of faith in someone he had never met.

"It seems to me your the one taking the leap of faith trying to convince me to stay wouldn't you agree," he asked as he stood back up clearly mulling over what the cat had asked. It was clear to him which of his friends she had smelled thunder only meant one person, and probably the one that would be wises to find right away before she... well before she got flashy to say the least, and ran into a Spirit Tamer.

"Alright i'll stay temporarily until we find "her" miss," he responded to the cat as he noted how more Reapers, and nightmares had appeared.

"If you don't mind me requesting though we should really start looking for my friend... its a understatement to say things will get bad if she's left alone to her own devices without someone to keep her in check," he spoke as he turned to Demona with a shrug letting her decide whether or not to take his word seriously.

"Unless of course you have questions of the pressing issue like my name or something to that effect?"

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
---------------------------------------------

------Hunter In The Dark------

"If you don't mind me requesting though we should really start looking for my friend... its a understatement to say things will get bad if she's left alone to her own devices without someone to keep her in check. Unless of course you have questions of the pressing issue like my name or something to that effect?" The new reaper said, turning towards Demona all while Danu continued to stand a short distance away, her smile never once falling as she watched the young man.

"All in good time to know each other's names. If you wish to find this young woman, it might be best to have someone who can lead you to her, and quickly, yes?” Danu asked, still smiling as she turned her head slightly towards her shoulder, quietly whispering to nothing there, except for the slight shine of something red, however even this faded away in a single blink of an eye.

It was the sudden sound of a deep growl that soon appeared though. And while it faded in an out of hearing every few seconds, it was clear by the growing intensity of the sound that whatever was causing it was getting closer. Leaping out from the shadows, as if it had simply been a part of them, the long slender body of a Leopard, the natural yellow colour usually assorted with the creatures having been inverted to a more black and purple range.

Slowly prowling around Danu’s waist, the large Nightmare continued to stare at all the others in the area, its dark piercing eyes staring deeply towards each one.

Sweet Sabor…If you can find this fellow Reaper’s comrade for him, I would be ever grateful…can you do this for me…?” Said the tall woman, her hand softly stroking through the dark fur of the leopard’s head, it gently rolling it from side to side affectionately, though still with the gentle growl and glaring eyes towards everyone else.

With a sudden pounce towards the Gothic dressed boy, the great leopard almost immediately began to gather any and all scents off him, soon finding one which seemed to match none of the others already there and which clung to Nightshade by the leopard’s side. Within seconds the Nightmare was off again, racing towards the shadows of some of the closer buildings, its form swiftly hopping up between them with amazing bursts of speed.

You should follow Sabor if you wish to quickly find your friend. Sabor is known to be an excellent hunter…especially once she finds her prey.

------On Someone's Doorstep (Three Days Later)------

Oh, that’s very good to see you’re awake. Try and rest though.” The strange new voice said, noticing Alex slowly wake for the short time she was, his relaxing voice seeming to be almost responsible for allowing the young girl to slowly drift back into sleep.

Turning towards the simple table calendar on the desk close by, the old sitting man noticed the date, smiling as it immediately explained the slight confusion he saw on the girl’s face just before falling back to sleep. It had indeed been three whole days since she was brought there, and since then, luckily, she was able to make a slow but steady recovery.

The slight shimmer of some very translucent string hung from random patches of the ceiling, not just in this room but the others connected close by. Reaching his hand out towards the table, his full attention that on the various machines that surrounded Alex’s table and the constant readings they gave on her recovery, it was as if the older man knew he didn’t have to reach for the clipboard close by.

The reason behind this being made clear as one of the pieces of hanging string suddenly moved, allowing a large white spider, as big as an adults hand, swung down and quickly latched onto the board before passing it into the man’s open hand.

Thank you, Utorem.” The man said, smiling as he made note of the machines readings, seemingly happy with the results as he placed the board back down on the table where it had began.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back