~ Kingdom Spirits ~



REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Joined
Aug 29, 2012
Messages
4,303
Age
27
Location
Nix
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  • This is Halloween
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Writer of Writers
It was your typical day; The sun is shining, the sky blue with partly clouds, and the tree leaves were blowing by with the help of the winds. But that will change soon as the partially clouds appeared to bring forth some sort of fog that was heading toward to one of New York City's schools: Jefferson High School.

~~~

Huffing and puffing, Alex Pierce ran as fast as she could while dribbling the basketball to reach the basket but was being guarded by one of the other team, primarily composed of the full team but was being used for practice. She pulled back to get a better view of where her teammates were positioned, only to see two being guarded while one is open yet not in the right place as she would liked it and another trying to be open enough for a pass.

"I told them and told them to keep moving and be open as fast as possible,"
Alex indirectly groaned at this, but with little choice she made a fake pass then ran around the surprised opponent while spinning around to narrowly escape certain blockage by two opponents and ran up to the basket by doing a lay-up, getting the ball up in the air as she fell down, her eyes on the ball, seeing it go in down deep in the basket and down to the ground.

As soon as she landed to the ground, she got up quickly, expecting to go to the other end of the court but was stopped by the waving of the coach's hands. Alex quickly snapped to attention as her coach told everybody to stop for the day saying (Alex reading her coach's lips) it was a nice game, "but you all know in a few days this is our last practice in before the end of the summer, so I would like to see some extra push in you all. You're all dismissed."

With that, Alex took a breath as she walked to the girls' locker room. After taking a quick but hot shower, she felt much better once she was back in her comfortable clothes which consists of a graphic tee, jeans, and her favorite Nike shoes. Smile on her face, she picked up her older brother's military dog tags that was given to him before he left for basic training right here in New York and put it back on her neck then gripped it in silent prayer for him. Before leaving the locker room, she looked in the mirror and fixed her pinkish hair then gave herself a smile then left the room.

As she stepped out and turned to walk up the stairs, she looked up to see two older teens in front of her in what seems to be bullying a young and vulnerable boy whom is trying to leave. Alex's eyes narrowed at this and without thinking, she ran up to the top and got between the teens and the young boy. With her back behind the teens, she winked at the young boy and proceed to kick one of them in the stomach, which caused one of them groan and fell to his knees. Seeing his partner in crime bent in pain, the other teen tried to punch Alex but was blocked then felt himself flipped over on his back, landing with a grunt. He yelped in pain then fell unconscious from the kick to his poor nuts.

Dusting herself and her clothes off from those idiots, Alex gave the boy a smile which was returned and left the gym. As soon as she walked down the corridor to the parking lot, she felt the vibration of someone running toward her and turned around to see the Principal. Sighing at the sight of her, Alex's head fell but felt her head lifted by the principal, Ms. Bell, as she got close to Alex.

Shaking her head, Ms. Bell signed with her hands so Alex would understand. "I know what I saw from the cameras, but you do not have the right to roughen those boys up. I'm afraid you'll have to spend your time in Detention for the hour," signed Ms. Bell to Alex. Alex knew this was her third time doing this, but what choice did she had? Let the kid get bullied or worse? As far as she saw, she saved that boy and by extension his parents time and money for shrinks, as she walked straight to Detention.

Once arrived, Alex opened up the door and was surprised to see nobody in here, but she was sure there would be more people coming soon, she hoped. Sighing, she walked to the nearest chair and pulled it out, waiting for anyone to come in as she hated being lonely while looking out of the window to see the near approaching fog coming in as she sat down.


 

Shinra

Banned
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
7,182
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy
A fairly beautiful day, Renn smiled as he looked up at the sky and for once he actually felt happy for the first time in his life. His Euphoria though was soon shattered by a familiar scream.

"Renn onii-chan!"

He looked down the street to see three figures, one smaller, two bigger. The smaller figure he recognized as his little sister, being chased by two boys a year younger than him. Kiki, his sister took cover behind him.
"They bugging you again sis?"

She nodded as they approached.

"Hey four-eyes we only wanted to play with your cute little sister is all..."

"I'm supposed to believe that after I remember seeing you beat her up last time you were 'playing' with her?"

"That was a misunderstanding."

"Just like all the other 'misunderstandings' we had since moving here? Sorry I'm not believing that either... now one last warning... stop picking on my Imoto or you will regret it..."

"Fine..."

"And if I see you try or do it again... it won't just be me you'll have to deal with..." With those words the boys fled. Renn was grateful that his and his sister's school were close to each other. That way they would always meet up quickly after school. In fact this road was home to three schools: Edison junior high, Washington Elementary, and Jefferson high. Both he and his sister walked past Jefferson everyday on their way to and from school. They walked down the street and Renn spotted the fog starting to thicken as they passed by a window. They turned their heads to see someone they recalled often but not had the pleasure of knowing. Pink hair framed her face. She was usually in detention almost everyday that Renn and Kiki passed by it.

"She's really nice Onii-chan... I never get her name but she saved me a couple times from those boys when I'm on my way home on Fridays..."

"Really? I always have swim team on Fridays... I suppose next time I run into her I should thank her..."

Kiki then knocked on the window trying to get the girl's attention. She then yelled as loud as she could: "My brother says thank you!!!" Of course she probably couldn't hear her through the window but it was worth a try.

They soon left the window and Renn took Kiki up onto his shoulders as they reached the home stretch. As they pulled up to the house Renn let her down and they looked at the house and remembered the first day they arrived. The sense of disbelief that followed when they realized that their Uncle and Aunt were very well off. They learned their Uncle was a Building Contractor and their Aunt was a lawyer later on but that only subsided the anticipation. Kiki started beaming almost immediately because it was pretty easy to bribe her with a better quality of life after all her uncle, aunt, cousin, and older brother all loved her. Renn not so much because he knew his life would never be the same. To be a good older brother and in some cases parent, he had to grow up rather fast although he has reclaimed some of his youth thanks to their cousin. She too goes to Jefferson high and protects Kiki sometimes when Renn had practice.

They walked in the door and tossed their shoes into the closet. "Tadaimas!" Kiki called out.

They were soon greeted by their cousin, Meagan. "Oakeri Kiki-chan, Renn-kun..." she said with a smile. Her hair was a dark blue, darker than Renn's to establish a difference. She had natural black hair so her blue hair appears so.

"Meagan! Nice hair! we didn't know you planned on dying it today."

"Of course... I needed too because my friend said they were doing a photoshoot tomorrow for our cosplay group and they said they needed both Juvia and Wendy so I'll come pick you up tomorrow then we can go straight to it!"

"So that means... you'll be dying my hair blue too?"

"Sure am Kiki-chan! Also I'm sorry to tell you Renn but we found a better Gray."

"It's okay I loved that group but I knew I would be replaced eventually... Besides... THAT group sent me an invitation."

"Oh really? that's good news..."

"Listen Meagan there was a girl we spotted in detention at your school today... she has pink hair..."

"Her? Sorry her name is on the tip of my tongue but I can't seem to remember it now of all times."

"Okay. Thanks... tell me when you can..." He soon left the company of the girls and paced up to his room.
 

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Joined
Oct 9, 2007
Messages
3,119
Age
31
Location
Where all universes connect...
------------------------------------------

The fog had been slowly seeping throughout the massive city for the better part of the day, only now becoming noticeable after the tight alleys couldn't contain the mist any longer. Starting off by layering the alleys, sidewalks, and traffic filled streets, the fog soon created a thick haze for anyone caught outside in it.

Just able to see a few feet before them, people coming and going about their last few hours of daylight were just beginning to call it a day and head for home. Students from the many schools and colleges littering the city as well as the great masses of workers finally finishing their work shifts. Facing one of the large windows in an equally impressive sized apartment, a woman sat in a quite comfortable armchair, looking out at the ocean of fog that had been gathering all day.

The apartment was quite spacious, designed and filled with furniture and items one would find more commonly in a manor home than an apartment in New York City. Apparently owning several floors of the building, the apartment had been designed with a number of staircases allowing one to easily reach the sprawling higher levels, each one as impressive as the main apartment floor.

There was no sound other than the ticking of the many clocks dotted throughout the apartment, even what was still a bustling full and noise filled street below couldn't be heard within the walls of the apartment itself. The red haired woman silently read through the large hardcover tome in her hands, the brief sound of paper as it was peeled from one side of the book to the other accompanying the ticking of the clocks every so often.

It was the sudden loud, but brief, screech that caused the woman to look up from her book and out through the large window. Even from the height of several floors of other apartments below hers, as well as the thick sea of fog, the silhouettes of crowds of people shuffling along the sidewalks were barely noticeable. The screech came once more, this time different, much quieter than before as the faint outline of something long and thick began to appear, draped along the woman's neck and shoulders like a fine scarf.

"The little boy must be lost again..." She said, smiling sweetly as her hand softly reached up towards her shoulder towards the slowly forming creature present there.

Stroking the large bulbous outline that hung off the side, the small bumps present on the now dark skinned creature, opened up to reveal numerous purple eyes of various sizes, some closing once more like a cat enjoying being petted, while the rest still aimed their sights to look down at the street from the apartment window.
 

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
3,184
Location
Running for daylight, sleepless...
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Vulpes Union
  • This is Halloween
  • Character of the Week
~- The Power's Yet Unknown -~

Sammy stopped walking, a chill crawling up his spine in spite of how warm the afternoon was. Glancing up, the young man shielded his eyes against the light of the sun as he studied one of the upper windows of the apartment building towering over him. For some reason that he couldn't explain, he felt like he was being watched, a feeling that he'd never appreciated, even before coming to New York.

A chirp sounded from his phone, breaking the mystery spell he'd been under. Looking away from the apartment, Sammy dug into the pocket of his jeans, then swiped his thumb across his phone's screen once he had it in hand. Seeing that it was a message from Michael, Sam opened the text to see what the other Tamer had sent him.

It's gtting foggy round here. U at the HS yet?

Sammy rolled his eyes, once again at a loss with how, despite how smart he was, Mike had a tendency to be unable to decide between using texting shorthand or just writing the full thing out. Sam's feet picked up pace as he started walking again, his attention on his phone as he sent a quick response off to Mike.

Be there in 5. Hope you've got your work done; you're on patrol with the others till Dev, Sky, and I get back later. Message me ASAP if anything seems wack.

Sammy sent the message off before breaking into a run, his mind on things far away from his part time job as an assistant teacher and his role as a student at the college. While it was nice to not be in the dark about this coming war, Sammy was still on edge; Noct had given Sam all the information he could, but the Spirit and the boy both knew it wasn't anywhere near enough to keep their heads above water for the long. Cheyenne, Largo, and Ezio had only been able to contribute just so much themselves, and the lack of a full picture had both the Spirits and their human partners on the breaking point. That was part of the reason that Sammy and the others did patrols: not only could they keep an eye out for possible threats from Nightmares and Reapers, but they could also watch for any Spirits or Tamers that could help them fill in the missing pieces.

A wry grin twisted across Sammy's face as he vaulted over the fence to land on the high school's property. Yeesh, he'd been in the Big Apple for two years, and his worries should have been about his grades, making sure he got the top spot on the dance team, and just making sure he survived his college experience with his head intact. He'd managed that for all of six months before meeting Noct; once that cat showed up with his clandestine war, Sammy had to add to the list finding other Tamers like himself, finding other Spirits like Noct, and just surviving period. Sam almost wished he could put that kind of multitasking on his college transcripts, but he knew what would happen if he did; he'd get a one way ticket to the happy pills and he could kiss his aspirations of teaching Hip Hop goodbye.

These thoughts lasted until he reached the school building. Shoving all of it into the back of his mind, Sammy gave a quick wave to Devon and Sky as the siblings went through the last of the drills that their coaches had both the lacrosse team and the cheerleaders doing; then Sammy had slipped inside the school, heading for the detention room.

Reaching the room, Sammy groused, "Man, I thought I got done with detention two years ago. You're cruel, Ms. Bell."

The principle just smiled at Sammy, far too used to his jibes to take offense. "Nice to see you too, Mr. Zeydan. Detention is only for an hour today, so you can just let the kids go in a little while. Have a good afternoon, Mr. Zeydan." Rising from where she'd been sitting, Ms. Bell left the room.

Sammy tossed a quick look over his shoulder at Ms. Bell, the strong urge to stick his tongue out prompting him to be incredibly childish. However, he fought the urge, turning instead to the girl sitting at one of the desks. Grinning, he grabbed the desk across from her. Catching her attention, he carefully signed, "Okay, now that we've got the usual greetings out of the way, how you doing today, Alex?"

Sammy didn't know Alex outside of what he usually saw of her when he supervised detention, but he'd learned enough through their conversations that she was a pretty good kid, even if she got in trouble because she didn't put up with the crap others threw around. That, plus the girl was a good teacher with sign language, and Sammy was a fast learner. He enjoyed these unofficial "class sessions" of theirs.
 
Last edited:

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Joined
Aug 29, 2012
Messages
4,303
Age
27
Location
Nix
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  • This is Halloween
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Writer of Writers
Alex stared into the fog in a dream-like state until she jumped slightly from someone grabbing her desk and it turned out to be Sammy, one of those Teacher's Aides that helps out kids with special needs like her and one of her 'unofficial' students learning sign language. Smirking at the memory of the day she met Sammy, she initially thought he was trying to hit on her but turns out to be just that friendly guy, which is good considering he didn't know she is actually a lesbian at heart and is waiting patently for the right girl to come in her life.

Snapping back into reality, Alex was able to catch most of his signing and signed back slowly so he could get it all. "Hey, Sam!" she signed to Sammy. "I'm doing fine, considering I'm back in Detention for the third time. It's not my fault if the teachers can't keep an eyes of those bullies, but I'm doing what I can do to make this school better. Don't you agree with that?"

While she is waiting for Sammy's response, she quickly took out her phone and checked her stuff while shooting a text to her older brother, Mike, to let him know she'll be home in a bit. Once done, she put her phone back in her pocket and looked around her environment then back to Sam.

"You know.. I'm starting to wonder if it's possible for you to let me go little bit earlier than usual?" she signed in a conspicuous tone to it as she slightly gave him a grin. "And if you do, well, I'm willing to pay for supper at whatever place we end up at, like.. Burger King!"

Not to mention, it's one of those days where the fast food place gives 10% off of all foods in time for dinner rush, Alex thought to herself. "Plus, there is always the off chance I'll be able to meet a cute girl and a nice one at that," she hoped at that as she is also wondering if Sam is going to ever talk to her.

"I sure hope he isn't thinking about Hip Hop again.. If he is, I'm seriously going to go Jackie Chan on him.." she muttered to herself.
 

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
6,499
Location
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Vulpes Union
  • Whirlwind Lancer
  • Steadfast Heart
~- Don't Lick the Scab Off -~

Demona ducked Eric's swing, tightening her grip on the wooden pole she had; she shoved it upward so it collided with her comrade's stomach. Shoving him backward, she straitened to her full height, looking her blonde haired, green-eyed sparring partner in the eye; she didn't say anything as the taller Reaper snapped, "Angie, you know that was uncalled for."

She cocked an eyebrow at this claim, normally Eric didn't have an issue with her fighting style; it was usually the brute of the group, Dante Ascher, that had an issue with her "cowardly fighting style" as he liked to put it. Shifting her weight slightly, Angie snarked, "How was it uncalled for? You left yourself open, and I took the chance to get a hit in." She knew Eric wasn't actually mad, he liked it when she got feisty in a fight; because that meant it was going to get interesting.

Circling Eric, she didn't bother to look to what the other five in their group was doing; she could feel their eyes on her letting her know that they were watching more closely. She smirked a little as the heavy base from the song that was playing from the stereo traveled up her legs to her chest; putting her in a battle ready mindset. "Come on Angie, you're not going to give up, are you?" Eric taunted as he continued circling, trying to find an opening in her defenses so he could hit her.

The taunt had an effect on her, but it was probably not the one her older coworker wanted it to have. Readjusting her grip on the practice staff, she dove at him and swiped at his feet; knocking them out from under him and pointing the end of the bo staff at Eric's chest; her eyes cold as Angie glared down at him. Sure, she didn't mind being the youngest of their group at sixteen, but Angie hated it when her teammates taunted her about it. It only took a moment after Eric had landed on his back for Lucas, the leader of their seven man band, to call from over by the stereo, "The point and match goes to Angie! Now break it up you two!"

"Damn Eric, you are that stupid! You should know better than to tease our little sister like that; she'll get pissed off at you and then proceed to kick your ass for you!" Dante howled with laughter from over by Lucas; earning a quick slap upside the head by the slightly older male.

Angie glared at Dante as Eric snapped in retort, because out of all of them, Dante had the worst mouth and temper; so Angie could never understand why Danu hadn't thrown the hotheaded reaper out of their ranks. She tuned Christia out as the girl complained to Lucas, which lead to Lucas snapping at the most laid back of their group. Well, apparently Dante's working his magic on the group; it seems as if everyone's spoiling for a good fight. Angie thought to herself, catching a brief glimpse of Jace, who despite his appetite was one of the leanest members of the group.

Tossing the practice staff to the side, Angie headed for the door as Jace called out, "Hey Angie, where are you heading?"

Angie refused to answer Jace's call, she didn't feel like talking as she slipped out the door and headed down the hallway. It only took a moment for Nightshade to slide up next to her on the right side, looking at the tigress without pausing in her stride, Angie commented lightheartedly, "I thought Envy was associated with snakes, Nightshade."

The black tigress rolled her eyes as she retorted, "No Angie, envy is associated with the dog and its patron demon is Leviathan."

This time it was Angie's turn to roll her eyes as she muttered a soft, "Whatever", as she shoved the front door open and descended down the steps; taking them two at a time until she hit the sidewalk. Turning to the right, she knew that Nightshade had cloaked herself with the mist that was hanging in the air so she couldn't be seen; with this in mind, Angie continued with her leisurely pace down the sidewalk; keeping her senses open for any Tamers or Spirits so she could try and get the jump on them.

~- Stick It Up, Take It Up -~

Click, click, click, click.

Samara didn't take the time to slow down as she rounded the corner; ducking under the arm of a new yorker, the girl called back, "Sorry, but I'm currently in a hurry!" This only served to anger the man even more; but she didn't pay much attention to their extremely loud and vulgar curses, apparently the person wasn't happy with the fact she had a ducked under his arm and led a pack of (seemingly) rabid dogs to him. Hey, it's not like he had any right to complain, the dogs were after her so they'd leave him alone.

Eyes darting around her, the gothic dressed girl continued to run away from the pack of nightmares that were behind her. Okay, there was something Siam had to confess, she wasn't your typical teenage girl that had a love for things that were dark and edgy. She was a spirit, a type of creature that had powers and could team up with a human being and fight; that is if the human was compatible with her.

This was the reason she was being chased, she hadn't been claimed by the a human yet, so she was still weak enough for the Reapers and Nightmares to either control or remove another piece of resistance off the board. So, either way, she was still in the mess she was in; running away from a pack of nightmares. Samara grinned a little as a school loomed up through the fog, grabbing the fence as she got close; she used her momentum she had built up to vault over the fence. Landing in a crouch, Siam quickly got back to her full height and ran toward the front doors; pushing it open with her hands, she slipped inside and quickly hurried down the halls.

Samara rounded another corner, still running even though she didn't hear anything that would tell her she was still being chased. Reading the signs that were above the doors, Siam tried to figure out where would the most likely chance of there being other people; seeing the one that read "detention", opening the door she quickly slid in and shut it behind her; taking a few minutes to catch her breath before she turned around to see the group of people in it. Blushing slightly, Siam stammered, "H-Hi, I'm sorry to intrude, I--I just needed to find s-somewhere safe to hide for a bit."
 
Last edited:

TotalIndignant

New member
Joined
Apr 29, 2014
Messages
17
Age
22
Location
Oregon
Enzy looked out at the fog from her window. The fog had an ominous feel to it that made her stomach slightly turn with unease. The girl turned her head to look at her homework. She tried focusing on it but couldn't help looking out the window. Biting her lip, she tried thinking of a reason to slip out just for a few seconds. After a while of flipping her homework over and over again, Enzy got up and walked down stairs. Her parents sat on the couch, both clearly focused on different things.

"Um, is it okay if I go to the convenience store real quick," Enzy spoke quietly so the silence would not be too disrupted "There's something I need."

"It's kind of late, isn't it?" Her father raised an eyebrow at her. The young girl open and closed her mouth a couple of times, trying to find what it was she desperately needed.

"I'll be really quick. I promise." Enzy looked back and forth at her parents. He father sighed and then nodded. With that, Enzy smiled and was off. Once she set foot outside she felt the cold chill of the fog. She looked at everything carefully. It was awfully hard to see with the thick fog, so she worried about running into someone. As she walked she thought of the thing she needed. She didn't know what it was since it was just an excuse, but it would look bad if she came home with nothing. She kept walking and looking around. The fog seemed odd to her. She started walking a bit faster.
 

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
3,184
Location
Running for daylight, sleepless...
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Vulpes Union
  • This is Halloween
  • Character of the Week
~- Red Line Overload -~

"Hey, Sam! I'm doing fine, considering I'm back in Detention for the third time. It's not my fault if the teachers can't keep an eyes of those bullies, but I'm doing what I can do to make this school better. Don't you agree with that?"

Sammy grinned, his fingers drumming against his leg as they searched out invisible chords on the guitar leaning against his bedroom wall at home. Yep, typical Alex, just as he'd suspected. And his response was typical of him, "Have you tried dealing with the bullies in other ways before you beat them up? I know fur's gotta fly sometimes to keep the peace, but have you tried talking to them?"

The advice was a moot point; Alex was a good kid, but her temper got the better of her at times, especially where bullies and jerks were concerned, so she tended to deal with them the most efficient way possible. Too bad for her that that method also tended to get her in trouble. Sammy had similar views in regards to bullies, but he also had a tongue like quicksilver that could get him out of scrapes quite a bit, so he only had to use his fists when the other guy was a total and complete meat head.

"You know.. I'm starting to wonder if it's possible for you to let me go little bit earlier than usual? And if you do, well, I'm willing to pay for supper at whatever place we end up at, like.. Burger King!"

Sammy laughed. Between the conspiratorial grin she gave him as she signed, and the look that crossed through her eyes that said Alex hoped he wasn't thinking about Hip Hop, Sammy couldn't help himself. Eyes bright with amusement, he replied, "Give it ten more minutes. If no one else shows up, we can..."

A loud bang drew Sam's attention, cutting off what he'd been signing to Alex. Looking to the door, he saw a young blond come tearing into the room, her eyes wide as she threw herself across the room. The girl huddled in the corner next to the window, drawing Sammy's eye to a shape perched on the nearest tree branch.

"H-Hi, I'm sorry to intrude, I--I just needed to find s-somewhere safe to hide for a bit."

Something about her tone had Sammy on edge. Whistling a quick string of notes together, he walked towards the girl, only just registering that the shadow had disappeared from the tree.

Crouching low in front of the blond, Sammy said softly, "Hey, are you okay? Who are you hiding from?" A sharp bark echoed from the hallway into the room, causing Sammy's hackles to rise on end. Spinning to face the door, he barely remembered to sign instead of shout at Alex. "Alex, over here. Now!"
 

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Joined
Aug 29, 2012
Messages
4,303
Age
27
Location
Nix
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  • This is Halloween
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Writer of Writers
"Have you tried dealing with the bullies in other ways before you beat them up? I know fur's gotta fly sometimes to keep the peace, but have you tried talking to them?"

Her head down, Alex knew that, but talking isn't her forte.. especially considering she's deaf and whenever she tries to talk to people, she ended up smiling and walking away to somewhere else. Of course, that doesn't stop her from glancing at other girls' figure and wonder if she's like her or just curious.

It was at this time she felt the vibration of the door opening and closing quickly then turned to the side to see a goth-clothed girl panting and wondered what was wrong with her. She looked at Sammy as he walked up to her to see what was going on. As Sammy was checking on her, Alex felt a little jealous at this, but quickly dismissed it considering the girl probably liked men than women.

"What if she DOES like women? If so, should I flirt with her or not?" wondered Alex as she watches the girl intently then to Sam as she battles with the question of action or inaction.

While she internally fights herself with the question, she caught the look of Sammy's face, which was full of horror, as he looked outside the door. Alex turned to look out the window and gasped, for she saw what appeared to be an dark bear gaining speed toward the window. She barely had time to scream for Sammy when the window shattered in a million pieces and the force of it caused her to be knocked back to the ground, the nightmarish bear coming in full force, growling.

Alex groaned in pain as she felt herself drifting unto unconsciousness, not knowing that Sammy tried to warn her about it.

~~~


Alex woke up in a gasp and gingerly got up to her left side, wondering where she was. Groaning, she looks around her environment which shows darkness everywhere yet showing light at the same time. Shaking her head slowly, she took her time checking her body parts for anything broken, yet became delighted to see it was not so.

She got up on her foot and looked up to the sky, but there was no sky; only ties of darkness and light shined, yet she felt so safe around here, wherever this place was. While looking around, she suddenly hears a voice talking to her. "Wait.. did I just really hear that with my own ears?!" Alex thought to herself.

The voice laughed with a rumble. "Yes, you did hear me. And you do not have to ask questions as to where you are, for where you are is your heart."

"My heart?" asked Alex while looking for the source of the voice.

"Yes, that is right. You came here seeking refuge from the attack of the Nightmare. You see, that Nightmare came to attack the girl, which I suspect to be a Spirit but don't have enough evidence to say so," told the Voice to Alex.

"Spirit?" questioned Alex as she remembered the attack and the strange girl that came in an such panic.

"Yes, a Spirit. Alex, you have become part of an ancient war that spans thousands of years between the Tamers and the Reapers. You see, Tamers is the guardians of both realms in which is the Spirit Realm and the Mortal Realm while the Reapers is the tyrannical group that seeks to enslave the Humans as they did with the Spirits," the Voice told to Alex.

Surprised, Alex shook her head and told the Voice that she didn't want to join this.. this war! "What can I even do? I mean, I'm just an eighteen years old girl trying to live a normal life!" she screamed at the Voice.

The Voice spoke in a sympathetic tone, " I know, but this is your destiny. Just like the others that has been chosen to ensure the Spirits' freedom, you already are part of this. Yet, you do not like 'bullies'. This is your chance to help us!"

Shaking her head, Alex knew that, but she hated seeing innocent people get hurt just because bullies think they can. Snorting, she tells the Voice she'll do it saying to the voice, "Beside, it's time those Reapers got what they deserved!" she grinned in determination.

Pleased at this answer, the Voice responded to her. "I am glad at this. Now it is time you learned how to fight these Nightmares to help your friends and us. Please walk forward to this light," said the voice as a single beam of light shined in the center of what appeared to be her Station of Awakening pillar she was standing on.

With a deep breath, Alex walked toward the beam, not knowing what will happen yet at the same time she wondered what was going on outside of her heart.

~~~
 
Last edited:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
6,499
Location
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Vulpes Union
  • Whirlwind Lancer
  • Steadfast Heart
~- Feel the Need -~

Siam watched warily as the blonde haired boy walked over and crouched down in front of her; asking her who she was hiding from. She saw the look of jealousy on the pink haired girl's face, which caused Siam to recoil away from the blond, who suddenly got tense as a eerily familiar howl pierced the air. Her eyes snapped up to the door way as she muttered under her breath, "Nightmares, I've had a pack of them chasing me through the streets on and off for the past half hour."

Climbing to her feet, Siam called her weapon just as the boy ran away from her; heading to the door to try and fend off the hounds that were racing down the hall. Siam heard the sound of something charging toward the window behind her, falling to her knees, the cat-girl watched as a bear leapt through and slapped the pink haired girl, knocking the other one out. A surge of rage crashing over her, Siam swung her staff at the bear; even though she knew that her abilities were mainly supportive; but at that point it didn't matter to Siam.

Siam tensed as a tiger's roar reached her ears, this sound was shortly followed by a boy calling out, "Sorry about the delay Sammy, I had a little trouble fighting my way through the hounds and a couple of bears." Siam cocked her head to the left as a boy with red hair stepped into view, took one look at her and quickly crossed the room to her as his spirit partner padded over to check on the pink-haired girl who she believed was called Alex.

She stared at them cautiously for a moment, before she danced away from him and flicked a throwing a knife, she had stolen it from him, at a raven nightmare that was aiming for the back of his head. "Don't leave yourself open," she reprimanded. She felt the tiger's questioning gaze on her, causing her to risk a glance in the tiger's direction and add as an afterthought, "I'll explain how I can do this after this fight, okay? But the first matter of business is teaching these wretched nightmares their place!"

"Devon, we've got another wave heading in our direction!" The tiger shouted to the boy near her, tipping Siam off on one of the two newcomers’ identities. And judging from Devon's reaction, the tiger was his bonded spirit; so that just left his name. Even though it didn't sit well with her, Siam allowed the tiger to herd her into the corner to where Alex (Devon had moved Alex as Siam was attacking the raven) was tucked into so the girl wasn't getting hurt during the fight. Twisting around she caught Devon's gaze as he said, "Since I'm not sure what you can do, it'd be best for now if you stay over there with Largo."

Siam watched as Devon then tossed himself back into the fray, tightening her grip on her staff; Siam cast one boosting spell after another on the guys. During this whole time she kept her eyes open for the tiniest of openings for her to an offensive spell, and also for any indication that Alex was going to be alright just as Largo was doing.

~- Hunted -~

Angie paused as a girl across the street stepped out of her house and hurried down the street. She watched for a little longer, trying to think did she want to chase after them or not, only to eventually decide to skip since her would be prey was too skittish. Walking away down the street in the opposite direction, she listened as the girl's footsteps retreated, putting more and more distance between them. It was after walking a few blocks that Angie came across another candidate, and this one was a blond haired and pale blue-green eyed boy that had just left his apartment.

Angie smiled as he locked the door and then headed down the sidewalk, because while he was cautious like the previous candidate, he hadn't taken notice of her yet. Falling into step behind him, Angie kept just enough space between so it wasn't obvious she was following him. She could tell by look at his clothes that he liked to put on the air of a "tough guy". She watched him fish his phone out of his pocket and look at it; only to suddenly stop and turn to face her.

Raising her hands up in a nonthreatening manner, she smiled coyly and said, "I'm not here to hurt you, I'm just here to talk."

"Shut your mouth Reaper, what is it you really want?"

Her eyes darted to the Serengeti feline that slid up next to the blonde, she knew that Nightshade would be on edge with how open she was; but Angie didn't let her partner come to her defense. Holding the boy's gaze with her blindfolded one, Angie rose up a hand and briefly called her scythe to her before she dismissed it. It was clear with that quick display, she did just want to talk; but if the boy or his partner insisted on fighting; she'd fight. "Look Michael, I just want to talk, but if you force my hand you'll regret it. Don't bother calling for Sammy or the others, one of my coworkers have them busy fighting for their lives at the high school."

She watched Michael's eyes narrow, clearly curious and defensive about how she knew that stuff about them. Holding up a hand to stop his questions, she explained, "Me and my personal ring of coworkers, or friends as you Tamers and normal humans put it; stay in close contact when we're moving about. Besides, that canine right there just told me everything; and it had been at the school so it saw everything I told you." She nodded to the underbrush right next to her, where a large dog with dark green almost black eyes stared at them.

Angie smiled as Michael clenched his fist, his blue-green eyes narrowed to slits as he glared daggers at her. "Fine Reaper, what is it you want to discuss?" Michael spat, venom dripping from every syllable, waiting for her to make the next move.

Motioning to the park that was covered with the heavy fog, Angie turned her back on Michael and headed in; knowing that he would follow so he wouldn't endanger his friends. Besides, he had such a strong desire to hit her that there would be no way he'd pass up on the chance to attack her hidden from watching eyes that may have stopped the fight to protect her.

This was just fine with her, because she wanted the cover for their fight anyway.
 
Last edited:

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Joined
Aug 29, 2012
Messages
4,303
Age
27
Location
Nix
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  • This is Halloween
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Writer of Writers
~~~

Soon as Alex stepped to the center of her Station of Awakening, she became startled as three pedestals appeared out of nowhere with what seemed to be different types of weapons. Curious, she went to the first one on her left and stared at the first weapon which looks like to be an sword. Next, she walked to the second pedestal on her right containing what appeared to be one set of knives that seems to pull her toward to it. Lastly, she went to the third pedestal straight ahead containing a large shield.

It was then the Voice rang out, saying "What you see lies here are weapons for your training and also what you will use in the aid of the Tamers' attempts to free the Spirits from slavery."

Alex nodded at this.

"The first weapon: The Sword of Dreams. It is the power of all warriors and gives off invincible courage yet it is a sword of terrible destruction," spoke the Voice concerning the Dream Sword.

Alex were intrigued about using the Sword, but she waited until the voice finishes its speech then she'll decide.

Continuing on as if nothing happened, the Voice told Alex of the next weapon which turns out to be the set of knives. "The second weapon: The Knifes of Dreams. It is the power of the ninjas and gives off amazing speed in the battlefield yet it is a knife of unstable being."

Alex's ear pricked at this while looking at the knives in wonder. "I feel like this is me.. Yet there is one more for me to consider."

"The final weapon: The Shield of Dreams. It is the power of guardians and grants kindness to aid friends while repelling all things," the Voice concluded.

With that, Alex took her time looking at the Dream Weapons while deciding the pros and cons. As she is thinking, she can't help but feel that the Dream Knives is calling her out. Looking at them all over and over, she decides to herself that the Dream Knives is the definite weapon to use to help out.

She makes her way to the second pedestal that is containing the Knives and doing a quick glance at it, proceeded to grab the knives she now dubbed Foudres. Setting the eight knives between her fingers, Alex decided to test it out by doing some martial arts and is happy to see that it is indeed what she feels comfortable using as a grin came across her face.

As soon as she picked her weapon of choice, there was a slight shaking sound coming from the three pedestals. Gasping, Alex quickly moved backward, staring as the three pedestals cracked slowly while disappearing into thin air. Once they vanished, Alex breathed a sigh of relief as the Voice, once again, talked to her.

"Now that you have chosen your weapon to combat the Nightmares, it is now time for you to fight one of them. I shall summon one for you in the form of a wolf. Be alert!" it warned to Alex as it summons a single Nightmare Wolf for training. Taking some quick but deep breaths, Alex summoned her Foudres and got into her fighting stance.

Snarling, the wolf ran toward Alex and jumped up high in the air as Alex's mouth dropped but quickly snapped into attention. As the wolf got close to her, she countered the lunge by step-siding and soon as the wolf landed, grabbed the legs of the Nightmare and with some effort, twirled around and around then let go of its legs which caused the wolf to howl as it was flying away from her.

Seeing the opportunity, Alex ran as fast as she could toward the wolf as it landed on its side and proceed to do some quick jabs and kicks at the Nightmare Wolf before jumping backward to avoid its deadly claws as it got up on its feet. Safely away from the claws, she threw her knives at the center of the wolf's head which caused it to howl in pain while shaking the knives off and growled at her. Once again, it ran at her, fang bared.

Eyes wide open, she quickly summoned her knives back to her fingers and managed to narrowly missed one of it's paw claws while giving the wolf a quick kick to its side with a grunt. She could feel something breaking inside the wolf's body and realizing that she broke one of its rib bone; Grinning in for what she suspects to be a victory, she immediately followed up with several jabs and ending with a roundhouse kick to the head while leaping backward, throwing all of her knives to the wolf's chest as it landed with a thud then vanishing away into darkness.

Panting, she summoned back her knives then with an flick of her wrists, desummon it away. Finally gaining her breath, she looked to where the Nightmare vanished and became shocked to see a door standing where the wolf was. Curious, she walked to it slowly, her hand trembling. Once she reached the door, she slowly touched the doors' handles and opened it, not expecting a bright light to shine through the cracks of it. Shielding her eyes with her hands, she slowly walked in through the door and as soon as she stepped in, she opened her eyes to see her high school but it wasn't her school; rather it was a facsimile of it and she could see three people standing in front of her.

Much to her surprise, she only recognized Sammy as one of the three person, she did not know the other two; The one on the left is a boy with blue hair while the other on the right is a girl wearing a white dress. It was then that the boy with blue hair came up to her and asked her one question: "What are you afraid of?"

"What am I afraid of?" Alex thought to herself. "Hm, that's easy enough."

Looking at the boy's face, she proceeded to tell him that while wrapping her arm around her waist. "I'm afraid of being different from the others." With that, the blue-haired boy smiled at this and disappeared from her sight then came next the white dressed girl. The girl prompted to ask Alex the second questions which was this: "What do you want to do out of life?"

"Hmm.." Alex pondered at this. "What do I want to do out of life? Well, it's pretty obvious and I can't just get rid of my curiosity." She smiled at this. Once again, she looks at the girl's face and told her this: "I want to be strong enough to do everything." The white-dressed girl nodded her head at this and disappeared.

Finally here came Sammy with his question to her, "What is the most important to you?"

Already knowing the answer to his question, Alex smiled to the fake Sammy and told him the answer to his question: "What is important to me is my friendships." The fake Sammy smiled to her and walked through her then vanishing, causing her to turn around to see the bright light shining on her. She covered her eyes as the light enveloped her, but as it appeared to her, it disappeared.

She slowly lowered her hand and opened her eyes to see an lion standing in the center of her Station of Awaking pillar. The lion took his time walking to her, his eyes indicting to her he was not a threat. Blinking her eyes, Alex did the same as well; by the time they reached each other, they were standing in the center, staring.

It was a long silence between them that Alex started to ask who he was, but her questions were quickly answered as the lion opened his mouth. "Hello, Alex." The lion smiled at her, which caused her to smile as well in return. "My name is Leo, the King of the Deep Jungle in the Spirit Realm which I have ruled for the second year of my kingdom."

She quickly recognized the same voice that guided her throughout this event. "Hey, you're the one that told me everything!" she exclaimed, her index finger pointing at Leo.

"Indeed, I am the one." Leo bowed his head to her then proceeded to walk around her while talking to her. "I am sorry for not revealing my true self, but I couldn't do so since we hardly knew each other. But once you answered the three questions those Tamers gave to you, I was able to appear to you now and we are now partners forever." The lion came back to the center after walking around her two times.

Alex quickly remembered them and smiled at the word, 'partners'. She chuckled, her eyes streaming of tears then proceeded to hug Leo, which he did in return, her knees hitting the floor, his paw on her back. After some minutes gone by, she let go and wiped her eyes away from any stray tears then once again, smiled at Leo.

"Thank you, Leo."

Rumbling with laughter, the lion responded to her. "You are most welcome, Alex. Now it is time to help our fellow Tamers and friends, hmm?"

Raising herself up from the floor, she simply grinned at her partner and nodded. "I am, but how do we do that?" she quizzed to Leo.

Leo simply smiled at her and told her this as they felt their hearts connecting to each other. "Simple. All we have to do is-"

"Open the door," Alex and Leo said this at the same time as they felt themselves floating then flying straight to the sky that leads them to the outside world.

~~~

Alex's fingers twitched slightly then a sigh from her mouth.
 

Shinra

Banned
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
7,182
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy
-Mother Earth-
Rhea winced as she ran, two nightmares on her tail, a black and blue wolf-form, and a black and red Falcon-form. These two would be really tough to elude because the bird had the sight and speed to keep on top of her, and the wolf had the endurance and muscle to bring her down. They almost succeeded, leaving a gash in her side from a missed dive at her neck from the falcon. and she knew that she had to lose them quick because if she tires out the wolf, he'll call for his pack to come after her... She knew she had to take out the falcon... She could only give it one last burst.

She leaped over a fence and was surrounded by fog.
She swung back to face her opponents as she gathered energy. She let out a fearless howl as air swirled around her and lifted her up towards the falcon. Using the cyclone she seized the falcon and snapped it's throat in mid-air with a jerk of her neck. But as she tossed the falcon into the whirlwind she caught a slower updraft that eased her down to the ground. She also saw the wolf try to chase her as she made her way up but it only got thrown into a wall of a nearby school.

~When boredom strikes, so does destiny~

Renn thought about what he said to Meagan as he heard his sister and his cousin fussing about in the bathroom down the hall. He had actually lied to Meagan to draw her suspicions away from his troubles. He plugged his MP3 into it's charging dock/speaker set and set it to repeat on a track he had been favoring for the past 3 days and grabbed a book out of his bag and started reading. after about five minutes though his soundscape was shattered briefly by a howl. Renn soon yelled: "Kiki? Meagan? did you hear that?"

"Hear what Renn-kun?"

"Never mind... I'm going out to the store." He raced downstairs and back into his shoes. But as he walked outside he was greeted by a gust of wind that blew most of the fog down the street and the wind originated from the general direction of the school. He soon spotted a dog rushing for him.

"A blue healer?" The dog soon barked although he could hear a voice from it as well.

"Move you stupid human pup!"

Renn's eyes widened as he beheld the speaking dog.

Renn soon saw a black and blue wolf running toward him.

"Why would a wolf be chasing a dog? and in a city of all places?"


"Because it was sent to kill me you stupid boy!" Rhea screamed.

"Wait... you can see the nightmare so you can fight it! Please help me!"


"Why should I?"

"Because this is a war and you're one of the few people who can fight in it!" Rhea charged at the wolf and clenched the wolf's left foreleg in her jaw, sending it to the ground.

"A war... against nightmares? sounds like something out of a comic or a video game."

"This is no game boy and you were chosen now please help me!" She said as she tossed the wolf out to the street.

Renn soon took a stance and the wolf charged for him next and leapt right for his neck but he soon ducked and the wolf went right over him and he reached up with both hands, grabbed it's tail, and flipped it back over his head to slam it's spine into the concrete sidewalk. After the impact, the wolf seemed to fade away and the tail he was holding onto faded out of his grip.

"Whoa..."


"To think I would find a tamer after so long..."

"A tamer?"

"Yes... My name is Rhea... I have adopted this form to fight in this plane... I am a spirit and one of the oldest as well. I am impressed that you took on a nightmare all by yourself without a spirit to back you up."

"Well I don't have a 'spirit' to speak of."

"I see... so you only just realized."

"I heard a howl earlier and I came out looking to see what was going on I was sure if that was you or that wolf."

"That was me... I was commanding the wind to drive off my attackers..."

"That explains the fog clearing out."

"And I killed one of them in the confusion but the wolf-form persisted and you know the rest. Now I must ask you, can we forge a pact as tamer and spirit? It's so we'll be able to fight off more nightmares should the need arise... And it'll make us both stronger."


"If it means I'll be able to keep myself safe from those nightmares then fine. But I can't just bring a dog home right off the bat."

"Only nightmares, Spirits and other Tamers can see me so I don't believe we'll have to worry. Now... shall we go?"
They both went inside and back up to Renn's room.


"Okay so what should we do to forge this 'pact'?"

"We have to forge a bond within our minds and hearts... In order to do that we must perform a dive."

"A dive?"

"Yes... A dive is when I reach into your mind to learn who you are so I can know if I can forge a pact with you. now... you ready?"

Renn closed his eyes as he took a deep breath then exhaled. "Ok... let's do this..."

"Alright..." Rhea's dog form soon became smoke and wrapped around him and Renn fell back first onto his bed in unconsciousness.

 
Last edited:

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
3,184
Location
Running for daylight, sleepless...
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Vulpes Union
  • This is Halloween
  • Character of the Week
~- Lion Heart -~

Once Largo had the girls in some semblance of a safe corner of the class room, Sammy spun to face the Nightmares, his hand reaching under his jacket for the knife belt he kept hidden under it. Once he had the handle in his hand, he didn't stop to think; he snapped his arm straight out, throwing one of the blades wicked quick, impaling one of the Nightmare dogs straight in its eye. Even as the dog started howling, Sammy slammed his booted foot against the classroom floor, causing a small wave of seismic energy to roll under foot and throw the Nightmares off balance. Grabbing a larger knife from the holster on his ankle, Sammy went after the injured Nightmare as he shouted at Devon, "Where the hell's Sky, Devon? Now's not the best time to leave her alone!"

Devon swung at the nose of the bear Nightmare as he barked, "She insisted on staying outside to make sure the Nightmares didn't try chomping anyone on the teams. She's got Ezio to back her up, and he knows to make tracks in here if things get too hairy out there for the two of them. On your left!"

Sammy whipped around, instinctively using his Python ability to turn his skin hard as armor. Swinging his right arm up, he just barely managed to block the blow from the bear that had had intentions to crush his skull with one heavy paw. Slipping under the Nightmare's front legs, Sammy grabbed the bear in a choke hold and tried to extend his armor technique into giving him some extra strength. His concentration was off, so the new extension of the trick didn't work as well as he would have liked, but it did give him enough of a boost that he was able to haul the bear far enough from Devon to get the pressure of the red headed boy. Devon clenched his fists tights, causing rows of spikes to erupt from his knuckles. Once armed in such a manner, Devon leaped at the bear just as the Nightmare threw off Sammy, sending him flying into the wall next to the window.

Sammy's head slammed against the wall, causing his vision to explode in a star burst of black and white. Swallowing back a reactionary scream, Sammy instead choked out, "Noct, you better get your feathery, white furry ass in here right now!"

Even before the words were fully out of his mouth, Sammy felt a surge of energy come from Largo's corner. Turning to look, Sammy realized that the energy spike had come from Alex, and it wasn't just any old surge; it was the run off created by a newly forged pact between a Tamer and their Spirit partner.

The girl was one of theirs.

Climbing to his feet, Sammy was distantly horrified when he felt shaky on his feet and that he was freaking lightheaded. Before he could take a step away from the wall, the Tamer felt something brush against his leg. Looking down, he recognized Noct in his Savannah form just before the Spirit grew to be a lion with wings pressed tight against his back. Noct leaned against Sammy, providing some cover for the man until Sammy was able to suppress his dizziness.

Once the Spirit was satisfied the Sam wasn't about to fall over, Noct moved just a short distance from Sammy. Crouching low in preparation to pounce, Noct hissed, "We need to finish this, now. There's too many Unbonded here for any true safety, and I caught glimpses of Mor'du skulking around outside."

What little color Sammy had regained drained from his face as he uttered hoarsely, "Shit!"

~- Nightmare Central -~

Lucas' footsteps where muffled as he walked through the hall ways of the opulent apartments, his thoughts turned inward, his hand absently resting on the back of a deep black filly that trotted along side him. The filly studied him with a quizzical look in her blue eyes, but she kept her peace, too use to these moments of deep introspection to attempt a conversation with him. She knew Lucas would talk to her once he was good and ready.

After a while, the duo reached their destination when Lucas finally came to a rest outside of the door to the master suite. Turning his head slightly, he cocked a grin at the filly and said quietly, "Ready to greet the mistress, Twila?"

Twila snorted softly, letting Lucas know exactly what she thought about that statement. Lucas rolled his pale violet eyes, just as used to her bouts of sarcasm as Twila was used to his moments of being a million miles away while standing right next to someone. Choosing not to comment on her opinion or allow Twila a chance to elaborate further, Lucas turned the knob softly before opening the door. He waited a moment to allow Twila through first, then he followed close on the filly's heels.

Bowing low to the figure in the chair, Lucas waited a moment until he felt Twila incline her own head in respect before he said in a smooth, pleasant voice, "Good day, Lady Danu. Is there anything I can do for you today?"
 

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Joined
Oct 9, 2007
Messages
3,119
Age
31
Location
Where all universes connect...
----------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~The Calming Darkness~~~~~~

The once silent apartment had soon filled itself with the soft sounds of classical music, playing not from some kind of stereo or electrical device as one might first imagine, but from a rather elegantly grafted phonograph. The black disc placed within it spun around and around, allowing the sharp pin to scrap into the disc's delicately placed ridges and producing the soothing melodies of Bach's own "Little" Fugue(Link), being played in G minor to be exact.

The bright red liquid in the woman's glass, some kind of wine perhaps, was gently picked up and was soon tasted by the woman's lips, this being one of the rare occasions when she would stop her current place within the large book she held. Hearing the door slowly creak open, both the glass and book soon were placed down on the modest sized glass table before the woman, relaxing as she listened to the soft patter thuds of hooves on the carpeted covered floor. Once they stopped, as well as those of someone's much lighter feet beside them, the woman stood up from her large armchair, her thick red hair flowing down from her shoulders where they had been resting the last while.

"Good day, Lady Danu. Is there anything I can do for you today?" Asked Lucas, the Reaper standing by the black filly of his, both looking up to the woman that now stood to her full, almost towering, height.

"Little Lucas, you were always such a good boy to see if I needed anything." Danu said as he softly crossed her arms before herself, her sweet smile always present as she looked back towards the Reaper and Nightmare, the music still playing throughout the room.

"Please, do tell me how the others are below. I do hope the practise has been going well." Smiling, Danu made her way towards Twila and Lucas, making her way just past the two and soon reaching the large cabinet close by to them.

The collection of bottles held behind the wooden doors was definitely something to behold, so many labels and colours, many seemed to be quite old judging by the faded markings that remained, but all were most likely worth any price.

"And of course, those out preying in the fog. You have been watching them, haven't you?" She asked, her long slender fingers gripping one of the older bottles in the cabinet as it poured a small sample of the red liquid from before, this time into two much smaller glasses.
 

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Joined
Aug 29, 2012
Messages
4,303
Age
27
Location
Nix
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  • This is Halloween
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Writer of Writers
Alex's eyes opened then blinked a few times and exhaled to gain some air to be alert. She looked around her environment and realized someone moved her away from the window while she was out of it. From the corner of her eyes, she noticed a tail swishing around and remembered the girl that came in a such panic.

She turned to the girl and gave her a smile so she'd know she was okay and to show her she was a good person then gave her attention to Sammy. Alex gave out a squeak when she saw the winged lion in an attack posture and giving Sam some support. Unsure what the winged lion was up to, Alex got up slowly then made her way to Sammy as quickly as she could to help Sam.

As soon as she reached Sam, the same bear that knocked her out gave out a loud roar and ran for both of them. Gasping then anger seeping into her, Alex summoned her Fodures and got into her fighting stance then ran at the Nightmare, sliding under the bear while slicing its' chest and jumping on its back once outside, stabbing the bear with the knives as it roars and snorting in pain and annoyance.

Alex gasped and had to hold on tight, for the bear were shaking around like a bull trying to get rid of the brand-new Tamer. She felt like a rag-doll, but still held tight using her knives. It was barely a full minute when the bear gave its all and finally managed to shake off Alex, which sent her flying back to Sammy's side.

"That sure really smarted, but at least I got some damage in.." she thought to herself as she got up in her fight stance yet giving herself a brief smile. The Nightmare shook its head and gave out one loud growl, which Alex felt from the distance, and ran full power again.

Eyes wide, Alex called out to Leo by raising one of her hands to the air. "Leo, let's go!!" A bright light came forth and the King of the Deep Jungle lion came out from the portal, roaring proudly as he and the bear collided each other then let go of each other, growling at each other after rolling around.

"Lighting Roar!" Leo said as he gave out a roar that delivered a beam of light from his mouth, causing some damage to the Nightmare that was knocked away and through two walls, the pieces crumbling down. Leo turned his attention to some birds flying around and jumped at them, grabbing one of them and using his mouth, crushed its skull as it disappeared into darkness. He ran to Alex's side and noticed the winged lion as Noct.

Giving out a rumble of laughter, Leo gave him an slap to the back of Noct's. "Noct, you old beggar! I'm surprised to see you partaking in the war and looks like you have an partner, my friend. I suppose I should take it that you haven't found the source as to how the Nightmares are getting into the Mortal Realm?" asked Leo as he got himself into battle position.

Alex looked back and forth between Leo and this Noct in wonder, but she'd ask him later about it as seeing they're in the middle of a freaking battle in her school! Clearing her throat for Leo to catch her attention, she couldn't help but feel that somewhere far away, she was being watched and shuddered at the thought of it.

"Um, Leo? I think it's time we ended this, huh?" she asked as she threw couple of her knives toward some hawks that was coming to Sammy's back.

Snapping to attention, Leo nodded his head and both of them got into battle stances. "Agreed, Alex! Though, I'm sure when this is over, I'll have to ask your friend as to having a place to hide in so we can get some kind of peace," he said while looking at the boy and feeling a deep dark feeling from elsewhere.. The presence of a powerful Nightmare, Mor'du.

"Hmm, so that's where you disappeared to, Mor'du.." Leo thought to himself then shook his head to get rid of thoughts that wasn't needed right now in the midst of a battle.


 

Shinra

Banned
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
7,182
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy
-Into the depths-

Renn awoke slowly, working up his limbs to get to his feet. He beheld smokey darkness as he looked around, but then his eyes shifted downward to look at what he was standing on. Twas a dark blue stained glass floor supported by a pillar. He saw flowing white designs reminiscent of hearts in the glass, it felt solid so Renn knew it could support his weight.

"Where am I? Rhea?"
Yes Renn I am here... But also I am not...

"What's that supposed to mean?"

It means you must find me... Your trials await Renn.

Three pedestals rose from three points around the edge of the glass. Each showing a blade within a pedestal, a staff floating in the air, and a box resting on the pedestal closest to him.

Renn, you must choose what weapon seems best for you... to your left, is the sword of dreams, representing power beyond all others, but at the cost of inviting chaos.

To your right is the staff of dreams, representing the power of magic and potential but also represents the misuse of that potential and how it can lead to destruction.

and the box you see in front of you holds the Cesti of dreams, showing the power of discipline and also holds the power of the knight, to protect those that mean the most to you at the cost of appearing cold and distant.

It didn't take much thought as Renn stepped towards the box and grabbed a gleaming pair of Cesti out of their protective case.

So you choose to protect but also repel...


"Well it seems like the lesser evil of the three... "

So be it... On to your next trial.

Suddenly engulfed in light Renn covered his eyes and was soon met with a tropical landscape with his cousin, his sister, and the girl he saw in the detention room surrounding him standing on separate parts of the beach.

He walked up to his sister first who turned around and asked him. " Big bro, what do you wish for in your life?"

He thought about it for about a minute. "I want happiness..."

"What is happiness to you?"

"To have a worthwhile collection of memories at life's end."

"Ok Renn-kun, go shape your life with experience!" She soon faded from sight and Renn almost fell on his butt then turned to his cousin. " Renn-kun, what do you value most?"

"My family and friends, although I have no friends."

"Your relationships then?"

"I suppose."

"Ok Renn-kun."

His cousin soon faded from sight as well and he turned and stared at the girl with the pink hair for a moment before walking up to her. "What are you afraid of?"

"Uncertainty... not knowing what's going to happen."

"Uncertainty... you sure?"

"Yes."

"Ok then."

So you want a life that you can be proud of.
You value your friends and family
and you're afraid of uncertainty.


The tropical landscape seemed to fade out around him and Renn soon found himself standing on the stained glass pillar again, this time with Rhea sitting in front of him.

"So these are the trials?"

"Yes Renn they are... now there's one last trial... I won't surrender to a tamer who has a weak stomach for battle... We are going to fight and I shall see if you have the resolve to be my tamer."

"Alright." Renn soon braced his fists as his Cesti appeared in his grip.
 

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
6,499
Location
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Vulpes Union
  • Whirlwind Lancer
  • Steadfast Heart
~- Cloaked Fight -~

Demona stopped in the center of the park and turned around, smiling as she saw that Michael had followed her. She placed a hand on her hip, and waited to see what he would do. She wasn't surprised when he slipped to a battle ready stance, if anything she would have been more surprised had he not done so. Tilting her head to the right, Angie teased, "Are you really sure you want to do that, hun?" She watched the way his eyes narrowed as he glared at her, and if she was honest, it was pretty cute.

Neither of them moved for a few heartbeats, making the eerie silence of the park even more noticeable. She heard both her partner and Michael's moving around them, stalking each other and making sure that neither of the humans made a threatening move toward the other. "Your move," she said coldly, after all she wasn't going to be reasonable for throwing the first punch...

And just as she thought, Michael did throw the first punch. Raising her hand, she grabbed a hold of his fist and slid backward; a little shocked by just how strong he was. Letting go of his fist, Angie back flipped away and called her scythe, her eyes narrowed to slits behind the protection of the blindfold. Sidestepping to the right, she flipped it so the blade of the scythe was facing her and swung, catching the boy in the left side and causing him to stumble. "Bitch!"

She rolled her eyes at the insult, it wasn't anything she wasn't used to. She'd heard far worse from older, more experienced players in this game. It took a moment to realize that Michael had attacked her again, hoping out of the way, she crouched down and performed a low roundhouse kick, knocking Michael off of his feet. She was mildly satisfied when he jumped back to his feet after only a moment of being down, causing Angie to take several steps back to put enough distance in between them even as she readjusted her grip on her scythe.

Angie could tell that she was being watched, but she wasn't sure who the person was. Dismissing the person from her mind for the time being; she took another swing at Michael just to have the swing blocked, negating the attack for the most part. She smiled in satisfaction as the scent of blood reached her nose, alerting her that she had nicked him; only for the smile to slide off of her face as a pain and rage filled yowl sliced the air, causing both combatants to freeze as they tried figure out if it was their partner.

~- Hit the Floor -~

Samara's eyes tracked the nightmares that had flooded into the room, ducking as a raven nightmare dove at her, thrusting her staff upwards as soon as it was overhead; she forced the bird to crash into the wall behind her. She ignored the low, rumbling laugh that Largo let escape him at her little display. She watched Sammy, or she believed that was the blonde's name, get thrown against the wall and stay there for a few minutes. She almost went toward him, but Largo forced her to stay put as Devon went after the bear.

Turning her attention to where Alex was as she sensed a spike in power, telling Siam that the other girl had just finished forging a pact. Cocking her head to the side, the spirit watched as Alex woke up and smiled at her, before jumping straight into the fray. Staying back behind Largo, Siam continued giving the other combatants support as they continued chipping away at the hoard. Eyes darting off Sammy again, Siam held out her hand and called, "Heal!" It only took a few seconds for the spell to rush over and start strengthening Sammy after his collision with the wall.

She tensed as a roar reached her ears shortly followed by a scream, Siam watched as Devon froze, trying to figure out what to do. She even sensed Largo's indecision on what he should do too, stepping out from behind him, Siam remarked, "You two should go, obviously you guys know the one that just screamed so you'll be too busy worrying about them then focusing on this fight."

She knew it could sound sarcastic, but it's not the way it was not how it was meant. Siam smiled slightly as Largo smiled and nodded, heading straight for Devon so the two could head out the window and check on whoever it was. Siam danced out of the way as a hound leapt at her, irritation flashing in her eyes at the dirty, vicious mongrel. Pulling out another knife that she had lifted from Sammy, flicking her wrist, she smirked as it hit another nightmare in the eye. Dancing out of the way again, Siam caught the look on Noct's face and shrugged in nonchalance at the disapproving look. "What? A girl's got to protect herself," she said dismissively.

Dodging another hound, she glanced quickly at the bear that was approaching Alex and Sammy; totally ignoring the humans respective partners. Siam returned her attention to the hound in front of her, and for a second that's all that happened, the hound lunged at her and she raised her staff to block its strike, or at least slow it down. Landing hard on her back, Siam kicked it in the stomach in an attempt to get it to back off. An idea coming to her mind, Siam placed her hand on its chest and muttered, "Holy."

A satisfied smile crossed her face as the dark creature was sent flying backwards and burst into a dark cloud as the powerful light spell tore through it. Scrambling back to her feet, she looked around to see that there were no more nightmares nearby, only to notice that both Noct and Leo were surrounded. Pulling out another knife, she flicked it in Noct's direction as she quickly made her way over. Clicking her tongue, she joked, "Really boys? You're having a trouble with some mutts, shouldn't you be able to take care of this easily enough?"
 

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Joined
Aug 29, 2012
Messages
4,303
Age
27
Location
Nix
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  • This is Halloween
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Writer of Writers
"Really boys? You're having a trouble with some mutts, shouldn't you be able to take care of this easily enough?"

Leo gave out a rumble of laughter at her comments and said this to her. "That is true; however, as a King, I am able to fight well on my own, but I also do not turn away help from allies like you," his eyes twinkling at her.

Alex looked at the strange girl yet felt better that this girl knows some magic as she took down couples of Nightmares birds out of commission with her Foudres. Rolling her eyes and knowing the goth-clothed girl isn't much of a fighter, Alex leaped to the girl's side, determined to keep her safe as possible.

Noticing her partner's look of determination, Leo decided to stick with Noct and the boy, seeing the boy was slowing feeling better but not in a fighting shape. With a loud roar coming out of him, he delivered couples of Lightning Roars at any Nightmares that attempted to get close to the boy then followed up with quick slashes to some wolves that started to hunt down the Spirit girl, vanishing almost ten Nightmares at once.

"Alex, on your left!" warned Leo as Alex was able to block two wolves with her arms then gave out an shout of anger when she pushed them away and zipped around with amazing speed, taking down the same wolves with her daggers, cutting them down employing lightning speed and agility. Panting and taking the time to collect her breath, she stopped the second she felt something twig inside her.

Alex looked down to her body and gasped audibly enough for the goth-clothed girl to hear her. On her right side what appeared to be claw marks from one of the wolves that came after the girls and she was losing blood which stained her favorite shirt.

"Damn it.. Not my shirt!" she muttered to herself, knowing only Leo could hear and understand her, but not the cat-girl. Alex started to swoon, feeling dizziness come upon her and fell down hard on the floor. "Leo.."

His ears pricking up on Alex calling him for help, Leo turned his head and was shocked to see her partner on the floor, bleeding. "Alex!" he shouted with a roar, attacking Nightmares that threatens to block his way to her, clawing and slashing in anger and protection.

As soon as he reached her, he pulled her back into the corner with his mouth and were able to get her to lay on her back so he'd check her wounds. Despite having paws, he checked her the best he could. He became certain that one of her ribs has been cracked, possibly broken.

Alex could distinctly tell that Leo was at her side, but she hated being so weak like this.. especially in front of the goth-clothed girl which made her face flush in embarrassment. She gave out an groan and when she looked to where the hordes of Nightmares should be, she was shocked to see there was none except for the Bear, which came back after being knocked back and through two sets of walls.

Weakly, she pointed it out with her hand. "Leo.. Behind you.." she spoke groggily.

Quizzing, Leo turned his head to look and growled in defense as he quickly turned around in protection, wondering what to do. Looking back and forth between the bear and Alex, he quickly nodded his head to himself with a plan in mind. Turning his head to the Spirit girl, he quickly spoke to her. " Listen to me: I need you to keep her safe as possible while I keep the damn Bear busy, all right? Hopefully, by the time the boy recovers from his dizziness, he'll be with me batting the Nightmare Bear."

He quickly ran into the battle before she could give off some kind of response to him, eyes full of anger and roaring mightily as a King. The bear and the lion fought each other ferociously, blow by blow, claws by claws, tooth by tooth. Eventually, Leo was able to lead him outside to prevent anyone else getting injured.

"Alex, my friend, I promise to end this battle for everybody's safety and yours!" Leo thought to himself as he leaped high in the air, aiming at the face of the Nightmarish Bear and seeing the reflection of himself through the bear's eyes as he got closer and delivering a single Lightning Roar, not knowing Mor'du was the one that told the other Nightmares to return back so he'd see how skilled the second year King of the Deep Jungle were, compared to his.
 

Shinra

Banned
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
7,182
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy
-Clash of wills-

Renn gritted his teeth as he narrowly escaped from a claw swipe from a wolf nightmare. He swung his left fist to nail it in the side with his Cesti and it connected, sending it over the edge of the glass pillar. But he knew the fight was not over because a second wolf nightmare tried to jump him from behind. But he turned around quick enough to nail it in the ribs and uppercut it right over his head and kick it with a well placed kick to the pelvis area that sends it flying past the threshold like the last.

He fell to his knees, his right arm bloody when he blocked a bite from reaching his throat. His jeans were torn too in places where cuts were from the claws of the multiple nightmares he had taken down. "Five... Five nightmares..."


Rhea smiled. "Satisfying. Now you have proven yourself to me... I shall be your spirit."

"Okay now is there anything we have to do to finalize our bond?"


"Nothing... I have sealed our bond already and now we will return to the conscious world."

Renn soon shot awake from his slumber. "Rhea?" He soon felt the comfort of fur curling against him. Seeing her in her dog form.

"Oh yeah I forgot... You can change my form so it will suit you..."

"Since you can read my thoughts can you change to match a picture in my head?"

"Yes..."

His mind drifted to a picture of a White Tiger and nodded. His eyes expanded as Rhea changed, matching the image perfectly.
"Ok... now... anything else?"


"We must find the other tamers like you."

"Ok let's go."
 

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
3,816
Location
I have no idea XD
  • 2013 Roleplaying Awards
"Oh?... Sorry for the noise I just didn't want this little rubbish to ruin your... little play date I guess it would be called," a voice spoke out in the fog followed by the familiar sound of a nightmare dispersing upon the death blow. Had Demona's partner just been killed... it seemed that wasn't the case as with a sudden unnatural pulse of wind most of the fog around the two combatant's clear revealing both their partners who were just as confused probably as their masters.

"I apologize for the interruption, but you see I am a bit... lost as it were," the soothing voice spoke out as a figure walked out into view of both parties. He was dressed in a gothic appearance his clothing though light in size was deeply pitch black seemingly more appropriate for a funeral or a dreary nights stroll. A oddly patterned black and white scarf covered his neck almost about to cover his chin two black gloved hands seemed to adjust the scarf to lower it slightly as piercing and almost animalistic unnatural deep yellow eye's pierced forward at both human hosts. Even more uncommon deep purple hair swayed lightly to the now dying down wind current as the unknown teen continued to watch them both with a unsettling innocent look. It was even more unsettling as the fog retreat revealed more and more spots where nightmares had been slayed a simple black spot on the ground symbolizing where they had once existed. How had he killed them all? Currently whatever he had used to execute the task was now gone... but one thing was clear he was either a tamer or a reaper to have such a overpowering aura exerting without him even doing anything...so much that normal people... would possible be unable to handle it. Yet his simple charming that he gave to the two would make it seem like he was a simply human being... with a unsettling fashion sense that is.

"I am glad to find out that the rumors seem true... the war has truly moved to the big apple it seems," he tilted his head to the left as his left hand rested a few fingers on his chin.

"Though it seems the real fight is happening a bit further out from here... so why are you two here prancing about," he asked with a confused look as he continued to watch them.

"Oh? I apologize that's really none of my business probably... I should have just been patient and let you settle your fight, but I am in a real hurry you see, and I have lost those I was traveling with so my good sir I really need to borrow the young lady... that is if you don't mind," he said switching all view onto the male... it was clear this newcomer was a reaper with that request thrown out their.

"I would really hate to have to harm someone I just met you see, and besides its to early for such hostile intent in the from of one on one's wouldn't you agree," he asked tilting his head no to the right still with his hand on his chin.
 
Top