• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained X Development Report #3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Glad to see that Enchanted Dominion and Castle of Dreams finally showed up in the Chi games. I was wondering about them, as all the other Princess of Heart-related Disney worlds were visited.

---

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Glad to see that Enchanted Dominion and Castle of Dreams finally showed up in the Chi games. I was wondering about them, as all the other Princess of Heart-related Disney worlds were visited.

---

Yeah, Enchanted Dominion especially is way overdue. We found Keyblades and Heartless data from that world like 3 years ago, shortly after Chi first launched. It's about time we finally go there~

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Throwing my money down on Jungle Book being the brand new world~~~

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
MMO LITE HAS FINALLY BECOME MMO <3

Praise be to the UX Development Team! Bless you Ito, Nomura, probably Kando too.

Definitely on the Jungle Book train.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Definitely on the Jungle Book train.

I honestly feel as though The Jungle Book may be a world that best served to be introduced in Kingdom Hearts III first.

Personally, I have a feeling that it's either going to be Pocahontas (going by the Fairytale theme), or, Hawaii from Lilo and Stitch (as Pranksters Paradise was considered a new world despite being from a familiar property).

And as far as Ventus goes, either he is the canon identity of the player, he's a key dandelion, or, we're delving into Ventus' dreams in Unchained season 2...

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I really wasn't expecting Nomura to comment on the Maleficent part, and definitely not on Ven being on the art, really cool to get confirmation on what most of us were already thinking. Something weird is going on, can't wait to know more! The multiplayer sounds cool, now if I only had friends to play it with lol. Hopefully my party will be active with it!

Chi ending made me realize how used to I've gotten to playing UX every day, it's going to feel strange when it ends... It's a completely different KH experience, but I love how involved we all get to be. Really feels like they're making the game for us fans, and it's also the first time I've gotten to interact with so many other KH fans! All in all good job on UX so far.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I honestly feel as though The Jungle Book may be a world that best served to be introduced in Kingdom Hearts III first.

Disagree wholeheartedly on a very subjective level. Not KH3-material at all. The animated film has nothing going for it besides the catchy songs. The CG film is great but not something I imagine they'd put in KH3. There are better films to pursue for KH3 than the Jungle Book.

The only thing it has going for it is being the only other jungle themed film Disney has.

Personally, I have a feeling that it's either going to be Pocahontas (going by the Fairytale theme)

Pocahontas' story might have been butchered from the events that really occurred in real life, but it certainly does not fall in the realm of fairy tale.

Hawaii from Lilo and Stitch (as Pranksters Paradise was considered a new world despite being from a familiar property).

I'd like to rather follow the trail of what we've gotten from UX on this, which brings this down to Zootopia and Jungle Book.

ImVentus

Awards
Even if it would end up be Jungle Book it doesn't haft to mean that they won't include it in KH3. they could easily come up with a different story for Unchained x and then continue like they did with Dwarf Woodlands. There's potential for a Jungle Book world in KH3 with stunning jungle graphics and fun boss battles.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I see, so Nomura drawing Ventus in that anniversary art really has some deeper meaning, lol.

So both Ven and Maleficent will somehow bring in "new developments" that may tie the whole Unchained/x[chi]-era further to the present day events.
As Maleficent went on with her new plan during/after DDD, maybe Ventus' heart being stirred over the course of DDD's story (and the indication that it has been healed up quite a bit by then) also results in him taking some strolls through dreamland, eventually "stumbling" upon the sleeping Daybreak Town/x[chi]-cast and our present Maleficent about to raise hell.

Who knows, maybe in "season 2" of Unchained the Player may get Ventus occasionally as a NPC party member?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Disagree wholeheartedly on a very subjective level. Not KH3-material at all. The animated film has nothing going for it besides the catchy songs. The CG film is great but not something I imagine they'd put in KH3. There are better films to pursue for KH3 than the Jungle Book.

The only thing it has going for it is being the only other jungle themed film Disney has.

If Tarzan was able to work for the original Kingdom Hearts then I don’t see why the animated version of The Jungle Book can’t work for Kingdom Hearts III. It’s too popular of a Disney property to be exclusive to Unchained X.

Pocahontas' story might have been butchered from the events that really occurred in real life, but it certainly does not fall in the realm of fairy tale.

Pocahontas does have a lot of fairytale elements such as Grandma Willow and the “spirits” of the forest. I think that’s far more fairytale than Olympus Colosseum.

I'd like to rather follow the trail of what we've gotten from UX on this, which brings this down to Zootopia and Jungle Book.

The new Disney world is confirmed for a 2017 release. I can guarantee that there’ll be new medals akin to The Jungle Book and Zootopia by then. The issue is with both those worlds, they’re animal centric. How would a human character work in Zootopia? I’m not ruling out The Jungle Book at all though, rather, if it ends up in the game then it’ll probably be for both Unchained X and III.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Pride Lands is inhabited solely by animals and Sora managed... by turning into a lion.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The Aristocats and 101 Dalmations were represented in X first, let them have a go before Zootopia or the Jungle Book :mad:

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm ashamed that a mobile game can get me so hyped, but playing with my friends is gonna be beyond amazing. And Ven on the artwork means something afterall! Dangit Nomura, stop teasing. But... continue being a dork. "We are connected." 100% Nerd material

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Pocahontas does have a lot of fairytale elements such as Grandma Willow and the “spirits” of the forest. I think that’s far more fairytale than Olympus Colosseum.

You can't call a story based on real life events a fairy tale. That isn't how that works, man. It has fantasy elements, which is either called a historical fantasy or called magical realism.

The Aristocats and 101 Dalmations were represented in X first, let them have a go before Zootopia or the Jungle Book :mad:

Damn, I forgot that! Tinkerbell/Pixie Hollow too. AHHH ARISTOCATS. I want them all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back