• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This is more of a general nitpick with Japanese media, but it's overly excessive in Kingdom Hearts. When characters always say "ugh" when they hear something or see something. I find it so un-natural, it sounds like they're about to choke themselves to death.

Riruru

Kairi's dress in KH2. I'm sorry to anyone who likes it in advance, but I can't stand it. It makes her look like a Barbie doll with the short skirt and the excess amount of accessories. The fact that it looks like it could come apart any second made me really uncomfortable in any scene she was in. Kind of hard to take TWTNW seriously when I was just hoping that she would put some pants on the entire time.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Yeah, I liked her KH1 clothes a lot more. Also don't like that they changed her primary color.

Anyways. The localization is really... questionable sometiems, to put it kicely.
"You two would make the weirdest brothers."

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Yeah, I liked her KH1 clothes a lot more. Also don't like that they changed her primary color.

Anyways. The localization is really... questionable sometiems, to put it kicely.
"You two would make the weirdest brothers."

That doesn't seem like a questionable sentence to me.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Of course it is. The Japanese line of "you two act just like brothers" works so much better. And Willa's delivery doesn't help either.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I said it a couple of times before, but I also wished they made the characters more aware of what happened and what is happening.
Such disinformation is why we can't really pin "Mickey didn't recognize Terranorth as Terra" as a plot hole because we have no idea what he really knew at the time (and not until 0.2 we learned that the entire outcome post-final battle was a mistery for him and Yen Sid).
Same for what Sora and Riku truly know about BbS and Coded.

Ah yes, I've heard this one before yet still I haven't really heard a good reasoning as to why Sora and Riku should have been made "more aware" of what happened, especially in BBS, at anytime before the end of Re: Coded.
As it stands, until the events of Re: Coded, both Yen Sid and Mickey had absolutely no idea that Sora and Riku are even in any form connected to the events and/or people of BBS, so why would they have informed them/made them aware of something that, strictly spoken, is none of their business?
Searching for TAV and finding a way to save them was apparently Mickey's "side" job with Yen Sid providing assistance from the background, so only involving them after Re: Coded when they learned there is a connection (Mickey even states just that in the letter) seems pretty reasonable.
Afterwards though, meaning especially during DDD, not giving especially Sora a more detailled briefing on what his connections mean and what's up with the BBS-cast is a huge oversight and/or mistake on Mickey's and Yen Sid's part as armed with more detailled further knowledge Sora might have fared differently during the events of DDD itself.

That doesn't seem like a questionable sentence to me.

As Muke says, the content of the sentence makes no sense and therefore "kills" pretty much the whole scene.
The whole point of the thing is that Terra and Ventus really do act like a pair of brothers despite not being blood-related.
In the Xehanort Reports this point is also brought up and in the Japanese original Aqua does say something along the lines of "you two act just like real brothers", which in the supposed context makes much more sense than the mangled thing we got in English.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
How could Terra, Ven, and Aqua have tied for the Million Dreams award when they had 2 (Chip and Dale) 3 (Huey, Dewey, and Louie) and 1 (Horace) vote respectively?

Hakan Xatos

Awards
How could Terra, Ven, and Aqua have tied for the Million Dreams award when they had 2 (Chip and Dale) 3 (Huey, Dewey, and Louie) and 1 (Horace) vote respectively?
They probably let the unversed vote. Let's face it, Disney Town let them compete in the events. More than likely gave them citizenship as well.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Why was Terra such a horrible judge of character? If he had better judgement a lot of the pain inflicted to the characters could have been prevented

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Ah yes, I've heard this one before yet still I haven't really heard a good reasoning as to why Sora and Riku should have been made "more aware" of what happened, especially in BBS, at anytime before the end of Re: Coded.
As it stands, until the events of Re: Coded, both Yen Sid and Mickey had absolutely no idea that Sora and Riku are even in any form connected to the events and/or people of BBS, so why would they have informed them/made them aware of something that, strictly spoken, is none of their business?
Searching for TAV and finding a way to save them was apparently Mickey's "side" job with Yen Sid providing assistance from the background, so only involving them after Re: Coded when they learned there is a connection (Mickey even states just that in the letter) seems pretty reasonable.
Afterwards though, meaning especially during DDD, not giving especially Sora a more detailled briefing on what his connections mean and what's up with the BBS-cast is a huge oversight and/or mistake on Mickey's and Yen Sid's part as armed with more detailled further knowledge Sora might have fared differently during the events of DDD itself.

Yes, I meant during DDD.

Kairi's dress in KH2. I'm sorry to anyone who likes it in advance, but I can't stand it. It makes her look like a Barbie doll with the short skirt and the excess amount of accessories. The fact that it looks like it could come apart any second made me really uncomfortable in any scene she was in. Kind of hard to take TWTNW seriously when I was just hoping that she would put some pants on the entire time.

Never understood what people liked in KH II Kairi. And I'm a Kairi fan. Her style in the first KH was (yet) another thing I loved, and I just wanted that, but more grown up, for KH II.
Instead I got the most impratical dress ever which probably was put there for the little boys.
I mean yeah, you can now put the camera under her legs before the final fight and gaze at the deepest Darkness, but that's it

That still keeps me awake at night.
Also who voted for Pete.
And, did they vote "Pete", "Captain Justice" or "Captain Dark"?

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Characters reacting to somthing happening seconds before it actually happens.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Whose the tailor on Destiny Islands? Sora's & Riku's clothes just don't look like they have any place on a tropical island society.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
how can ymx reference the datascape when re:coded is like the only game where no xehanorts take a part in at all

Doesn't Xehanort even mention that it can also be pronounced as Kye-Blade? If so, THEN WHY DO YOU KEEP PRONOUNCING IT KEYBLADE YOU diddlyING MORON

Sorry, this is a very touchy topic for me :p
Also, "X-Blade" being pronounced exactly the same as "Keyblade." (Yes, I'm aware of the Greek terminology involved; but still, Nomura should've come up with something more audibly distinct.)
my understanding was that it was meant to be confusing. that the origin of Keyblades being key-shaped blades was due to people thinking "x-Blade" literally was "Keyblade" and so made the man-made keyblades in that image. That's what the DDD glossary implies anyway.

They of course undermine this very concept by having the X-Blade literally being two crossed Keyblades though of course.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
That still keeps me awake at night.
Also who voted for Pete.
And, did they vote "Pete", "Captain Justice" or "Captain Dark"?
My headcanon is Pete voted for himself (as Pete, Captain Justice, and Captain Dark) and no one actually voted for him.

Whose the tailor on Destiny Islands? Sora's & Riku's clothes just don't look like they have any place on a tropical island society.
On one hand, at least Riku's weird pants are probably meant to be water waders.

how can ymx reference the datascape when re:coded is like the only game where no xehanorts take a part in at all
uJiogNs.png

Smithee

Awards
They of course undermine this very concept by having the X-Blade literally being two crossed Keyblades though of course.

Literally just 2 Kingdom Keys surrounded by Ultima Weapon spirals.

Thus reinforcing the following:

IMO, it should've just been Ultima Weapon canonized.

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
If the Kingdom Key models that one part of the X-Blade, then does that mean the Kingdom Key is a special keyblade for some reason? It is literally just a keyblade; if you look at the other keyblades in the series, including the keychains, it's not even a great one.

Also, the stupid design of the X-Blade contributes to the thousands of designs of alternate X-Blade designs online, like Destiny's Embrace, Way to the Dawn, Kingdom Key D, etc. Just saying it looks dumb is all (the blade part is sick, though).

KudoTsurugi

Awards
The scene Ariel becomes human in KH2. Now I know they were trying to follow how the movie went, I don't mind that they revived Ursula, she's part of the story after all. But did the writers actively forget what happened in KH1? There had to have been another way to get Ariel to sign that contract besides giving everyone partial amnesia. Heck, I would've loved to see how Amano would've handled this in the manga, but that's probably not gonna happen sadly.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Scar is the only other being to retain his er, "human" appearance as a heartless aside from Ansem & the ramifications of this are not explored. Like why wouldn't he have an org-level nobody?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
My headcanon is Pete voted for himself (as Pete, Captain Justice, and Captain Dark) and no one actually voted for him.

That is actually a really good headcanon.

Scar is the only other being to retain his er, "human" appearance as a heartless aside from Ansem & the ramifications of this are not explored. Like why wouldn't he have an org-level nobody?

Dunno about that. I always thought others like Shan Yu were "Heartlessized", they just didn't make it obvious. If you look at what Maleficent's description of Clayton was, it's not that different from Scar.
(This created my own nitpick: if the Organization were the ones who released Jafar to make him a Heartless, did they do it? And if they didn't, why? Their overall absence there is weird)

Anyway, it's the amount of Darkness that decides what shape your Heartless will have, and the strenght of the heart decides if you get a human Nobody.
So they're not really connected, as Scar can have a relatively weak heart but tainted with Darkness, while Sora has a strong heart but with little Darkness (so he had only a Shadow but still generated a full human Nobody)

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Why was the organization so obsessed with turning other people into heartless? Did they really think that they would also take a human form like Ansem, or did they just not have enough nobody bosses like Twilight Thorn lying around to do the dirty work?

Back