• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ImVentus

Awards
Yeah but there were also the ones like

"I thought you didn't have a heart" looks at each other and starts laughing. Hahaha this is so funny.

While 358/2 days had some funny ones it was also filled with some forced ones that I can't deny.

SnowBunny

One thing that annoys me is when a character points something out, but the thing doesn't happen until 5 seconds after everyone is looking in that direction. How can you point it out if it hasn't happened yet?

*on the wings of a seagull plays in the distance*

Seagull: *quietly sobbing* WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, SEAGULL EGG? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

And thus the eternal search for Kingdom Eggs began...or the search for the 14 year old stealing egg thief at least.

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Yeah but there were also the ones like

"I thought you didn't have a heart" looks at each other and starts laughing. Hahaha this is so funny.

While 358/2 days had some funny ones it was also filled with some forced ones that I can't deny.

I'll post this tomorrow, but I found the worst. Dialogue. Ever. Earlier when Aqua was in Castle of dreams. It was hilarious; some people forget that Willa Holland's voice acting wasn't always great in that game.

And thus the eternal search for Kingdom Eggs began...or the search for the 14 year old stealing egg thief at least.

You know what? Giant darkness-filled birdman sounds scarier and more plausible the more we talk about it. I swear I can hear the scratching of Nomura's pen taking notes as I'm typing this.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
To be fair, 358/2 Days did have a couple of funny lines.

"Roxas... that's a stick."

Gets me every time.

xiNUOhM.jpg

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
- DiZ appearing during Roxas and Namine's conversation to kidnap her always annoys me, because he holds her by the arms there for what feels like 2-3 minutes. I mean, if the purpose was to keep her from talking, maybe he should have, I don't know, stopped her from talking??! Instead of letting her finish her paragraph first.

- Sora picking at Mickey all through the re-visit to Twilight Town about Riku. I was kind of hoping Donald would slap the shit out of him.

- Leon when you go to HB for the first time in KH2. "....is that" *screen goes black for 3 minutes* "And that." (in a super nasally voice). Better script, maybe?

- A lot of fake laughing throughout the series. Someone mentioned Aqua doing it above, and that's one of the worst ones. Another one that comes to mind is Aladdin and all laughing at Abu in KH2.

- I actually though Santa and SDG were kinda mean to Jack in KH2 when the presents had disappeared and they all accused him of it. I mean, why would he bring up the stolen presents in the first place if he was the thief?

- On the subject of being jerks, why were Hayner and co. so pissed off that Roxas wanted to know about the last wonder (the "haunted" mansion)?

SnowBunny

Yup the fake laughing is really awkward and cringy.

You know what? Giant darkness-filled birdman sounds scarier and more plausible the more we talk about it. I swear I can hear the scratching of Nomura's pen taking notes as I'm typing this.

Gonna be the new antagonist after KH3 I tell you. In fact pissed off seagull is probably already around right now. MoM is a birdman in a coat who went back in time so he could orchestrate a timeline where he can have a big showdown with Sora and the box holds his final precious egg to hide from grubby little 14 year olds who are egg thieves(aka Sora).

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
The Keyblades from the Nightmare's End and Mirage Split reality shifts each have one half of a heart as their keychain, yet when they form the combined keyblade they have a paopu fruit keychain for some reason?

Gonna be the new antagonist after KH3 I tell you. In fact pissed off seagull is probably already around right now. MoM is a birdman in a coat who went back in time so he could orchestrate a timeline where he can have a big showdown with Sora and the box holds his final precious egg to hide from grubby little 14 year olds who're egg thieves(aka Sora).

Wow - when you look at it that way, Xehanort just misunderstood Sora, if anything. And to think, the second great eggblade war could have been avoided if Sora was just a vegetarian.

SnowBunny

The Keyblades from the Nightmare's End and Mirage Split reality shifts each have one half of a heart as their keychain, yet when they form the combined keyblade they have a paopu fruit keychain for some reason?

Because the power of SoRiku love, my friend.

Wow - when you look at it that way, Xehanort just misunderstood Sora, if anything. And to think, the second great eggblade war could have been avoided if Sora was just a vegetarian.

Do vegetarians not eat eggs? I would go for vegan just to be sure but yes so many eggs cracked and eaten...so tragic.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Aqua using Rainfell when saving Terra but in the next cutscene it turns into Stormfall. Like why even go through the trouble of showing Rainfell when we know she had Stormfall prior to the Terranort fight?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
So... like, in the original game, the main characters of that world often handed you a keychain for your troubles. Did they know it was going to do that, or is universal currency in the realm of light decorations for your car keys? And can literally anything be a keychain? Because Kairi's good luck charm became one, so that makes me believe other random objects, like Sora's necklace, can just be slapped onto the end of the keyblade to transform it.

Aqua using Rainfell when saving Terra but in the next cutscene it turns into Stormfall. Like why even go through the trouble of showing Rainfell when we know she had Stormfall prior to the Terranort fight?

Ugh, and people wonder why other people have problems with Birth by Sleep.

Smithee

Awards
The sheer amount of Diabolus Ex Machina retcons in DDD. (Really, Nomura; time-traveling Horcruxes?)

Also, "X-Blade" being pronounced exactly the same as "Keyblade." (Yes, I'm aware of the Greek terminology involved -- but still, Nomura should've come up with something more audibly distinct.)

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Also, "X-Blade" being pronounced exactly the same as "Keyblade." (Yes, I'm aware of the Greek terminology involved; but still, Nomura should've come up with something more audibly distinct.)

Doesn't Xehanort even mention that it can also be pronounced as Kye-Blade? If so, THEN WHY DO YOU KEEP PRONOUNCING IT KEYBLADE YOU FUCKING MORON

Sorry, this is a very touchy topic for me :p

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Donald and Goofy say that Mickey banished Pete to another dimension, yet it was Minney that banished him and it was for a pretty arbitrary reason. It was demoted from a "this guy is dangerous" scenario to a "I'm going to put you in a time out" on Minney's end.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
-Aqua being able to read the subtitles.

Ven: Xehanort wants me and Vanitas to fight, and make some kind of "X-Blade". But the Master said we can't let that happen...and he tried to destroy me for it.

Aqua: X-Blade?

I, just, ugh. And of course the X-Blade being pronounced exactly like "Keyblade" even though Xehanort himself gave a perfectly alternate pronunciation with "Kye-blade".

-In DDD where it treats character knowledge as player knowledge.
Joshua: Shiki had more time on her clock than her partner. And when Beat's partner crossed over from the other side, she had less time.

Riku: So time flows differently here and there? So what? That's true of any two worlds.

It irks me so much because it acts like this is something we've always known, even though, despite us revisiting worlds several times in the series, having the worlds on different time axises was never used before much less discussed.

This probably isn't the only time the series has done this either.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
The "some say kye" part was literally there just to help people, it's supposed to be just chi-blade.
It's also not really the same as "keyblade", there are phonetic differencies between "chi" and "key", but I understand not everyone might be able to get them.
Just know they're there.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Oh yeah one thing that always bothered me is that Sora never asks anyone why the heck he was sleeping in a weird pod for a year. Like I'd be a biiiit more curious about why I apparently just lost a lot of time of my life and woke up in a place I don't know. The Mysterious Tower would have been the perfect situation.

Also another one is that in Coded Mickey promises to tell Sora everything that happened during it, but the only thing we see afterwards is him sending Sora the letter to come to the Tower. So did he visit the island before that to talk to Sora (and hopefully also Riku) about it? When did he have time for that when KH2 ending makes it seem like the letter arrived pretty soon after beating Xemnas, which also means the whole Coded incident had to happen quite soon too. Idk, the timeline there just feels a bit weird.

And then one more thing, I never really got how much of Roxas's memories Sora actually has. Apparently Data-Sora got at least some of them in Coded, though not all since he still didn't recognize Namine, but what about real Sora?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh yeah one thing that always bothered me is that Sora never asks anyone why the heck he was sleeping in a weird pod for a year. Like I'd be a biiiit more curious about why I apparently just lost a lot of time of my life and woke up in a place I don't know. The Mysterious Tower would have been the perfect situation.

Also another one is that in Coded Mickey promises to tell Sora everything that happened during it, but the only thing we see afterwards is him sending Sora the letter to come to the Tower. So did he visit the island before that to talk to Sora (and hopefully also Riku) about it? When did he have time for that when KH2 ending makes it seem like the letter arrived pretty soon after beating Xemnas, which also means the whole Coded incident had to happen quite soon too. Idk, the timeline there just feels a bit weird.

I said it a couple of times before, but I also wished they made the characters more aware of what happened and what is happening.
Such disinformation is why we can't really pin "Mickey didn't recognize Terranorth as Terra" as a plot hole because we have no idea what he really knew at the time (and not until 0.2 we learned that the entire outcome post-final battle was a mistery for him and Yen Sid).
Same for what Sora and Riku truly know about BbS and Coded.

And then one more thing, I never really got how much of Roxas's memories Sora actually has. Apparently Data-Sora got at least some of them in Coded, though not all since he still didn't recognize Namine, but what about real Sora?

He got the fake-Twilight Town events after his fight with Roxas and the whole Days stuff in DDD.
Maybe. Possibly.

Back