• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Editorial ► KINGDOM HEARTS III First Impressions Review (Spoiler Free)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

shady543

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

not sure if it's spoilers so just spoiling it in case

Okay so, Corona was definitely the best "redo the movie" world ever by far. I mean it helps the world was super big and had a lot to do. And I really liked getting to be a part of Rapunzel's journey to discover the things outside like playing in the water together and collecting the birds for her. It was super cute. And her excitedly yelling the whole time in general.

Which is why I was very disappointed when they had to go and do what I was afraid of and have her not be a party member anymore just because they felt the stupid need to follow the movie exactly and have her cut her hair. Or rather, that they did that and also made her hair integral to her combat. It made her super fun when you first go through but now it kinda sucks, I almost would have preferred her using a frying pan and Flynn using something else like a dagger or sword. It really sucks it bummed me out right in the middle of the world especial since the mini-game was super cute and the end gauntlet of enemies and that FINAL HEARTLESS were super great. I loved it all. Shame they couldn't go without doing something to spoil it for me.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Neo_

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Yes! Galaxy Toys feels more like the Dead Rising mall than Toy Story (lol), but at least running through the ventilation gave me TS2 vibes.

mriku90

Awards
Pooh should have gone the way of a summon ala Bambi in KH1.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

not sure if it's spoilers so just spoiling it in case

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

notnow123487

Awards
I’m in corona and wow having the actual actors makes the dialogue so much less cringy.

furusatoe

My god, the Hundred Achre Wood was just a huge waste in potential, wasn’t it? I hate that style of mini game and they make you play it three times over?? I just aimed randomly and hoped I’d rack up enough points.

The Monster’s Inc world might be the first disappointing (full) world. It needed more location variety. Loved fighting the Unversed though. Perfect thematic match with the world, and it’s nice having them back for the first time since BBS. The Vanitas bits were great, too.

Question about something Sora says to Vanitas though:

He says something like, “You’re the one from the cathedral!” What is he referring to? I don’t recall Vanitas showing up in 3D, and that would have been the only time Sora could have met him.

furusatoe

Also, aren’t keybaldes supposed to be upgradable in this game? I’ve already gone through around four worlds and, to my memory, haven’t received any instruction about it.

notnow123487

Awards
Also, aren’t keybaldes supposed to be upgradable in this game? I’ve already gone through around four worlds and, to my memory, haven’t received any instruction about it.

You do it at any moogle shop. It gives you instructions when you enter one, have you not touched one yet?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Question about something Sora says to Vanitas though:

He says something like, “You’re the one from the cathedral!” What is he referring to? I don’t recall Vanitas showing up in 3D, and that would have been the only time Sora could have met him.

That was in DDD actually, in the cathedral of Notre Dame when Sora met Young Xehanort.
The whole "your heart is a prison"-scene.

furusatoe

That was in DDD actually, in the cathedral of Notre Dame when Sora met Young Xehanort.
The whole "your heart is a prison"-scene.

Thanks; that was the only cathedral I could think of, but I don’t remember Vanitas showing up there.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Thanks; that was the only cathedral I could think of, but I don’t remember Vanitas showing up there.

He didn't "show up" in a literal sense.
He was just a slightly blurry illusion appearing beside Young Xehanort.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Finished Arendelle and The Caribbean, and ohh boy, these two worlds reak favourtism from Nomura and Yasue. Both these worlds have plenty of scenes animated by Visual Works.

furusatoe

[video=youtube;X2yjbRhm1YE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2yjbRhm1YE[/video]

It is very much a "blink and you'll miss it" moment.

lol Sora has an amazing memory I guess! I like how that happens and yet Vanitas' presence is never even mentioned nor reflected upon for the rest of the game.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Finished Arendelle and The Caribbean, and ohh boy, these two worlds reak favourtism from Nomura and Yasue. Both these worlds have plenty of scenes animated by Visual Works.

I wonder if any top the one from Toy Box tho ;p

I mean I guess I knew the songs from Frozen would be Visual Works. I guess it makes some sense the Caribbean relied on it a bit too give the graphics the were trying to go for.

Laurel

Awards
I try not to get annoyed with the plot but
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Back