• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Editorial ► KINGDOM HEARTS III First Impressions Review (Spoiler Free)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

mriku90

Awards
So I'm on Tangled World and man this game is really long. Each world has so far taken me close to 3 hours. Really great stuff.

BTW if people think the game is too easy tthen just turn on zero XP that will make the game more challenging then Critical mode could.

furusatoe

As I mentioned in another thread, LV1 Proud is apparently more frustrating than challenging/fun (according to one of the most well-known KH speedrunners doing a LV1 Proud run right now). You do chip damage. The game needs a better balanced Critical mode to make the LV1 challenge great. Hopefully they're prepping that for the DLC/Final Mix.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
As I mentioned in another thread, LV1 Proud is apparently more frustrating than challenging/fun (according to one of the most well-known KH speedrunners doing a LV1 Proud run right now). You do chip damage. The game needs a better balanced Critical mode to make the LV1 challenge great. Hopefully they're prepping that for the DLC/Final Mix.

Yeah, the insane amount of HP regular bosses have, combined with Sora's wack damage later in, make it absolutely draining to do a level 1 run. Unless people find some amazing damage exploits like some of the style changes in BBS or Balloonra in KH3D, I don't see Level 1 being much fun.

@Tartarus what exactly is the problem with the egg? You tilt both sticks outwards until the L1-R1 symbol on-screen lights up (for most dishes you only have to tilt the sticks a tiny bit), then you press those together. Does it say you're too slow or too fast?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
GENERAL

-The form changes & attraction flows got old pretty quick. I rather just have the high level magic & team-up moves as they're quicker & do about as much damage.

-Similarly I have little interest in bothering with the food sidequest.

OLYMPUS

-Airstepping sucks. Little reason to use it outside of this world's mandatory segment. I felt like I was failing to understand something with the Tornado Titan battle, but watching a few youtube vids I didn't see anyone do it any differently.

-Herc looks great in motion & terrible in the pause menu.

TWILIGHT TOWN

-Wait, that's it? I even found all of the chests on the 1st visit?

TOYBOX

-Andy's front yard might be 1 of the most mesmerizing areas I've ever seen in a video game. Insanely realistic looking.

-Galaxy of Toys is a pretty well designed environment, There's a lot to it but it never takes very long to get to any specific area of the store.

-That said I wish more locations from the TS films were explorable. How did we not get Pizza Planet?

CORONA

-How long does this forest go on for?! Haven't had mini-map for most of it either, I can't entirely rule out that we're going in circles.

Youniquee

Awards
If you haven’t visited twilight town for the first time early in the game, dont open. Not really a spoiler, but still
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Omg this. I was sat there like, 'Aren't y'all gonna smack these dudes up or...?' like they weren't even surprised at all that they just popped up lol.

Neo_

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
You have to do it super slow... it's easy, but the hard part is achieving 'Excellent'.

-Andy's front yard might be 1 of the most mesmerizing areas I've ever seen in a video game. Insanely realistic looking.
This; this was so scary for me. It was literally right out of the movie. I wish there was no Galaxy Toys, and instead they did more of the neighborhood, Pizza Planet, Al's Toy Barn and Sid's bedroom at least; imagine the flowmotion from Andy's window to Sid's on the Xmas lights, or using the cones to cross the street to Al's.

furusatoe

wtf you get to fight a
Spoiler Spoiler Show
at Galaxy Toys and I am here for this bizarro shit.

EDIT: can someone tell me how to do black spoiler text instead of the block?

Xagzan

Awards
Well, I definitely never imagined when I was fighting Zexion that one day we'd be facetiming so he could give Sora sysadmin privileges.

That gives me an idea for a KH spinoff: Ienzo giving a keynote at a cybersecurity conference.

mriku90

Awards
BTW did the patch for the epilogue come out already? And the secret ending comes out today right?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
You have to do it super slow... it's easy, but the hard part is achieving 'Excellent'.
This; this was so scary for me. It was literally right out of the movie. I wish there was no Galaxy Toys, and instead they did more of the neighborhood, Pizza Planet, Al's Toy Barn and Sid's bedroom at least; imagine the flowmotion from Andy's window to Sid's on the Xmas lights, or using the cones to cross the street to Al's.

I personally wouldn't go that far. While I would have loved Pizza Planet or Al's Toy Barn for sure, as the original concept art for a Toy Story world in KH1 showed, this was so creative that I can't help but love it. It was also a great way to get around all the branded toys in the films, they got to make their own line of toys instead. Also it was something new to experience instead of just going places we have seen in the movies.

So while I love the idea of exploring actual Toy Story areas, this was super great as well.

BTW did the patch for the epilogue come out already? And the secret ending comes out today right?

Yes it did, and I guess? I am nowhere near getting either yet so its no concern to me lol. I assumed they would be there by the time I finished.

GENERAL

-The form changes & attraction flows got old pretty quick. I rather just have the high level magic & team-up moves as they're quicker & do about as much damage.

-Similarly I have little interest in bothering with the food sidequest.

OLYMPUS

-Airstepping sucks. Little reason to use it outside of this world's mandatory segment. I felt like I was failing to understand something with the Tornado Titan battle, but watching a few youtube vids I didn't see anyone do it any differently.

-Herc looks great in motion & terrible in the pause menu.

TWILIGHT TOWN

-Wait, that's it? I even found all of the chests on the 1st visit?

TOYBOX

-Galaxy of Toys is a pretty well designed environment, There's a lot to it but it never takes very long to get to any specific area of the store.

-That said I wish more locations from the TS films were explorable. How did we not get Pizza Planet?

CORONA

-How long does this forest go on for?! Haven't had mini-map for most of it either, I can't entirely rule out that we're going in circles.

I think the only issue with Herc is his face, but you are right he looks way better in scenes and stuff than just static. His body is so spot on tho no matter what he is doing lol, and I love the physics on his cape.

And I guess I am a little tired of the attractions mostly cuz they give you them all at once. The only ones I have barely used are the river ride and the Great Thunder Mountain one. I like the Astro Blasters one a lot, but I have been getting it a lot recently. The Carousel and Pirate Ship are just boring since they are just button presses. But I predicted that would be the case.

I love the form changes personally, but I do love team up attacks more. My only gripe with the latter is at the times where 1 party member leaves in a world with 2 extra members, then you can't use a team up anymore since they only made one for them both. So I wish everyone had their own unique team up I guess is what I mean.

Oh, and air stepping is garbage. I hate it lol.

Last edited:

furusatoe

Finished Toy Box tonight and, wow, that was an impressive world. I can't believe how long it was! And I feel the Giga Mechs really added a cool dimension to the gameplay.

I'm starting to think Proud is maybe the right level of difficulty. I'm not dying all the time, no, but I'm having to be a lot more careful than I thought I'd need to. As others have mentioned, you can get thrashed by the Giga Mechs pretty quick if you're not in one yourself.

I mentioned this previously, but I absolutely love how the themes of each world are tying into the themes of the larger plot. It goes a long ways to making these Disney worlds feel relevant, rather than just filler content. I can't remember the last time I felt this way about a KH game, but it's been a long time.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm in 9.5 hours and only at the Corona - and I don't even feel like I'm exploring a ton, either. I will be surprised if I beat this within 30 hours.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well, I definitely never imagined when I was fighting Zexion that one day we'd be facetiming so he could give Sora sysadmin privileges.

That gives me an idea for a KH spinoff: Ienzo giving a keynote at a cybersecurity conference.

Honestly, Ienzo getting this much character development makes me so happy! So glad to see that Lea isn't the only member who gets to be heavily involved with the good guys. Nobody really predicted his importance in this game.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
What satisfies me the most about Ienzo's involvement so far (read: about half into Corona, the fourth world) is that his dedication and commitment to atone for his past misdeeds actually comes over as genuine and he takes actions to prove his words.

That's a redemption arc done right, fellas.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
What satisfies me the most about Ienzo's involvement so far (read: about half into Corona, the fourth world) is that his dedication and commitment to atone for his past misdeeds actually comes over as genuine and he takes actions to prove his words.

Same, I'm pleased they chose this route for him.

ethankaste

The graphics are incredible. So incredible that it almost felt like I was watching a different Sora than the last two main installments. Maybe this is just me, but I could do without so many different ways to attack. It gets to a point where the fighting gets too cluttered with so many different options or too cheesy for me with the keyblade being able to turn into different things. But, that's just me, maybe I just like the nostalgia in the simplicity of the older games.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Combined with his social media post, where he admits to his mistakes and says he wants to make a positive change, it is, indeed, the kind of redemption I wholeheartedly wished to see in at least one character.
No spoilers, of course, but this is emphasized even more for him later in. I've always loved kid-Ienzo and also kinda liked Zexion (especially in the manga, tbh), and 3D-Ienzo is such a pleasure to see. He's amazing, he deserves the world!!

Back