• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III Famitsu Interview Updated - The Return of Meow Wow?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It get the feeling that more will return, based on how many came to greet Sora.

Dissidia did have an EX gauge, though. Nomura may have decided that EX was better suited for KHIII than FFXV.

She brought up XV specifically as an example to say that EX Gauge may not be permanent, as we saw with the EX Arts option from the 2011 trailer no longer being available.

TheSupremeFace

For those who are confused about NPC's fighting with you, here's how it'll probably look like:
- You'll play as Sora and you'll have your 2 party members
- An NPC will be fighting as an extra with you and your party members, but you can not perform any limit comands with that NPC
- Sort of like the Hades fight in KH2, with Hercules being an NPC:
[video=youtube;Zb253CB5rKg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb253CB5rKg[/video]

To those who didn't like the DE's...there were some pretty tough and vicious DE's...the worst DE was the T-Rex, that thing was annoying as hell

Silent hero_

Awards
Dream Eaters making an return..? Thanks but no thanks! They were cute and all in KH:3D, but I would rather have them as an "one game enemy", like the Unversed. They wouldn't just fit in KH3 with their bright and richful colors.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wow, not to be rude but hate much? Some might fine it funny. I said some and might

We don't need to start on that. The Dream Eaters were extremely controversial within the community. Whether someone likes or dislikes them for whatever reason they may have, just accept that they do and respect their decisions for it instead of judging them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Dream Eaters making an return..? Thanks but no thanks! They were cute and all in KH:3D, but I would rather have them as an "one game enemy", like the Unversed. They wouldn't just fit in KH3 with their bright and richful colors.

Unversed probably weren't a one-off, though. If Vanitas makes his return in KH3, and he will for sure do so, he will be using his Unversed.

Also, he only mentioned Meow Wow, not the rest. And we don't know if they will appear as enemies. It is more likely that we'll see Meow Wow as a summon over anything.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Re: Kingdom Hearts III Famitsu Interview Updated - The Return of Meow Wow?of tththe

We don't need to start on that. The Dream Eaters were extremely controversial within the community. Whether someone likes or dislikes them for whatever reason they may have, just accept that they do and respect their decisions for it instead of judging them.
I didn't want to start anything, just even if they stay or not people may accept them as part of the series or not their choice. We thought Nobodies (at least human ones) would only be relevant to 2, but now they are a part of series and Days and DDD expanded on what we did not know. So sorry.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
The only thing that annoyed me about the Dream Eaters in KH3D was that you HAD to take care of them in order to gain commands. The Command Melding system worked much, much better.

But because we obviously have the 3-party system back with Donald, Goofy, and <insert Disney character here>, I really think the Dream Eaters will be downplayed here.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Awesome interview! We finally have confirmation that the models they've shown are not using the KH shader and the Shader is not related to cel-shading.

billyzanesucks

She brought up XV specifically as an example to say that EX Gauge may not be permanent, as we saw with the EX Arts option from the 2011 trailer no longer being available.
I'm aware of that. My point is that Nomura may have realized partway through development that the EX gauge would be better suited to KHIII, and kept it out of XV to keep the two games' battle systems distinct from each other.

Also, he only mentioned Meow Wow, not the rest. And we don't know if they will appear as enemies. It is more likely that we'll see Meow Wow as a summon over anything.
The interviewer only mentioned Meow Wow, but Nomura didn't specify it.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Even better, Ven wakes up and bounces everywhere, having the mentality of a DE.
That...would actually be pretty hilarious and worthwhile.

Unversed probably weren't a one-off, though. If Vanitas makes his return in KH3, and he will for sure do so, he will be using his Unversed.
I hope so. The Unversed were my favorite enemies since the Heartless. Then again everything relating to Vanitas is just <3

It is more likely that we'll see Meow Wow as a summon over anything.
This could actually be totally alright. It's a nice way to include the Dream Eater concept for those who liked them, and people who don't could just avoid using that summon~. I also wouldn't mind the fusion ability they designed for Riku making a return; like you call on the power of whatever Dream Eater and get special abilities/different combat forms, etc. The less actual presence they have in the game, the more I'm OK with them being a part of it, since I know they will be regardless. xP

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It'll be interesting to see this NPC concept unfold. The Disney characters party-members haven't really been too fleshed out, as you're not able to transfer them from different worlds, or grow much inside of their own respective ones, which is unfortunate to some degree. They're practically a novelty at this point, but I like seeing them fight alongside me. Maybe they're the NPCs like the random party members we had in BBS, and like Hercules in the Hades fight above?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It'll be interesting to see this NPC concept unfold. The Disney characters party-members haven't really been too fleshed out, as you're not able to transfer them from different worlds, or grow much inside of their own respective ones, which is unfortunate to some degree. They're practically a novelty at this point, but I like seeing them fight alongside me. Maybe they're the NPCs like the random party members we had in BBS, and like Hercules in the Hades fight above?

It'd be really great to see just how dynamic they plan to make the AI. The Dream Eater's AI was pretty sophisticated but clearly limited between the four dispositions and the abilities attached to them. Having the party members actively react to your play-style would be really great...Like if you tend to dive head in to battle, your party AI could react by becoming support, or if you hang off the side of battle casting magic from a distance they would react by fighting the enemy head on all without having to change their "objective" in a menu.

I'd like to see NPCs not in your party travel along with you and jump into battle like for example in a Tangled world: Rapunzel is your party member, and along with SDG, Flynn/Eugene and Maximus are following along with you, sometimes running up ahead of you or hanging behind, going off and finding things, etc. When battle starts, if they are still around Flynn might jump into battle and attack or heal depending on the needs of the party, if Rapunzel or Sora is about to take a critical hit maybe Flynn's AI will let him jump in front of the attack and take the brunt of the damage or you can do some kind of special attack. Of course because he isn't a party member you wouldn't be able to heal him or directly control his abilities.

Another could be that Maximus will let you ride him and do a special attack, like how Nomura was talking about how we will be able to use enemy Heartless as vehicles in battle xD

I hope so. The Unversed were my favorite enemies since the Heartless. Then again everything relating to Vanitas is just <3

Their entire concept was really great and I'd love to see Unversed appear without the necessity of Vanitas' existence in the next saga...if possible. It isn't hard to imagine negativity mixing with Darkness to create a physical entity, and it'd be great if Vanitas was the catalyst of sorts for these new beings to emerge...

And Vanitas was always intriguing since they first showed him in the secret ending of KH2FM.

This could actually be totally alright. It's a nice way to include the Dream Eater concept for those who liked them, and people who don't could just avoid using that summon~. I also wouldn't mind the fusion ability they designed for Riku making a return; like you call on the power of whatever Dream Eater and get special abilities/different combat forms, etc. The less actual presence they have in the game, the more I'm OK with them being a part of it, since I know they will be regardless. xP

Exactly! It doesn't hurt to add them as long as they aren't required. People did like them, and depending on how they are used they might be really handy.

Kind of like the D-Link in BBS mixed with the Dream Link in KH3D? That'd be really great to see, and it wouldn't be so overt.

I'm aware of that. My point is that Nomura may have realized partway through development that the EX gauge would be better suited to KHIII, and kept it out of XV to keep the two games' battle systems distinct from each other.

That is true. For now just treat the HUD we saw as a concept.

The interviewer only mentioned Meow Wow, but Nomura didn't specify it.

Not going to argue semantics, but since the interviewer was talking about Meow Wow specifically and Nomura didn't specify "Dream Eaters", then he was most likely referring to just Meow Wow.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
If by "Can Sora transform his keyblade?" they're referring to the BBS method of turning it into a vehicle and having Keyblade armor and Nomura's answer was yes...

CAN YOU IMAGE SORA, RIKU, AND KAIRI IN KEYBLADE ARMOR!?!?!? OH MY GOD.

Please. This must happen.

Wave57

Awards
I'm really liking all of these things. The 4 party system is something I've always wanted, I /hated/ taking Donald/Goofy out of my team. ;_;
Regarding Meow Wow, I oogled over it when I first saw it, so I'm really happy that he has a good chance of coming back! ^_^. The only thing is that I would prefer dream eaters to have as little presence as possible. Carrying it around as summon and/or for story purposes is what I'd prefer.
I was a bit surprised by keyblades transforming, then I remembered BBS. I want SRK in armor SO BAD!

billyzanesucks

Not going to argue semantics, but since the interviewer was talking about Meow Wow specifically and Nomura didn't specify "Dream Eaters", then he was most likely referring to just Meow Wow.
The one subject Nomura specified was the last scene, and there's not much that sets Meow Wow apart from the other Spirits in that scene.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I also don't think that Dream Eaters will become regular party members in KHIII, summoning sounds very likely (and better than Chicken Little) but there could also be a Sleeping World in KHIII, were at least some DE return to fight for (and against) you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back