• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LMNOP

Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

Unlike most I think if they do 2 HD collections itd be much more like this...
KHBBS,KH1,KHCoM
KH2 and KHDays

And if not days then
KHBBS and KH1
KHCoM and KH2

Chronologically it makes sence and it also makes more sence due to the length of each game.
BBS, 1, and 2 are the longest of the 5 being considered so why would they have them all in 1 collection, while a collection with Days and CoM was sold at the same price providing less then half the gametime of the first collection. It just makes more sence to split them chronologically

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Not really. The games weren't made chronologically so rereleasing them like that isn't going to really make sense. BBS' story won't be as impacting as it was if you played the games that came before it. BBS is meant to be a prequel to "link to the future", using your emotional attachments to the past games to lead into KH3D.

Then the gameplay changes would be extremely drastic. You'll go from an awesome KH combat system to a very basic and less-superior one (though not bad) with KH1.

KH1, (Re:CoM), KH2, BBS would be an ideal collection.

LMNOP

Im saying if split that is likely how they will release not as much for the fact that it is chronological but due to game lengths it makes more sence.Most new players that I know usually want to play them chronologically as well, if that helps my case, haha.
As long as I get it im fine i just think it would make more sence for SE

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Im saying if split that is likely how they will release not as much for the fact that it is chronological but due to game lengths it makes more sence.Most new players that I know usually want to play them chronologically as well, if that helps my case, haha.
As long as I get it im fine i just think it would make more sence for SE

If SE were to release them there first thought wouldn't be chronologically, their first thought would be "How can we get new players interested and informed enough for the next game?" and "How can we bring the old, casual players back and let them know what plot they missed out on because they considered the new games needless side stories/spin offs?" which would be KH1FM, KH2FM, and BbSFM. As great as Re:CoM is, it wouldn't be included before BbS would be. If anything I'm half-and-half over whether after those three if Re:CoM or a possible Re:Days would be next because while Re:CoM would be easier, you have the fact that there's the whole Xion arc in Days along with some important facts and story elements whilst Re:CoM contributes only to KH2's story.

Plus, if we were going from a "length logic", it still wouldn't make sense. KH BbS surpasses the gameplay and story length of KH1 + KH1 + Re:CoM which has two scenarios. Even KH2 + Days length would barely be half of that, more or less.

And most players (from what I know) like to go from how the games released versus chronological order because that's how the games in series are meant to be played. That's why I started Devil May Cry 1 first versus 3 which was a prequel.

Besides, there's the whole fact that Days is still less likely than the main games, and the fact that Re:CoM could always just be put as a Playstation 2 Classics on the PSN Store to leave for the three main titles for a collection.

But yeah, I'm fine with however they release the HD titles because I love every one of the KH games. It just wouldn't make sense to release them in chronological order, especially as BbS being the first game.

LMNOP

I dont think you completly understand what im trying to say. I dont care how they come im going to get the games. But we all know Square Enix. They are not going to give us the three longest game in the series on one collection and then two of the shortest on another.
Putting KH1 and KH2 on seperate collections makes them more money. It may not be as attractive to us but they do what they can to get top dollar. Think about how many less people would buy A collection with 358/2 Days and Re:CoM then would buy a collection with KH2 and 358/2 Days. And then to add to that it will be chronological. Thats all Im pointing out. Most people seem to the it will be BBS, 1, and 2 then CoM and Days. Call me stupid but last time I checked Square doesnt care about us as much as you think look at FF7.

Also this isnt an angry comment but i could understand if it was taken that way. Just my Thoughts.

And this is only if they even release ReCom and Days so it may not even matter.

Shinjuku

Entrapment

I see I'm among the minority who think that Re: CoM would get the HD treatment before BBS and Days. A PS3 HD collection would most likely look like this: KH/KHII/Re: CoM, hopefully with the FM extras.

No you're not actually I'd go a step beyond saying you're among the minority that's posting something more logical to happen.

I'd love to see BBS included in the HD collection, but the chances are small. We'd have a better chance of KH1, 2, and Re:COM the FM features are also much higher chance seeing as how other HD collections have done.

Ralkale

there is a secret report that you can access at the end of the game that states that we should prepare for the "New Number" and that "the past will be rewritten in greater detail" all hinting, if not flat out saying, "hey! we're gonna remake all the old games in HD to get ready for KH3!"

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I see I'm among the minority who think that Re: CoM would get the HD treatment before BBS and Days. A PS3 HD collection would most likely look like this: KH/KHII/Re: CoM, hopefully with the FM extras.

Honestly that's the one HD collection that makes sense currently and is what I figured we'd get if we ever got an HD collection.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Oh shit, well I guess I'm not alone then. Yeah, not to say BBS and maybe a Days port/remake can't come later, but KH/KHII/and Re: CoM would just take considerably less effort to get on the PS3, and they're the first 3 games to have been released in the series anyways (well, CoM was second, not Re, but you know what I mean), so it'd make more sense in terms of bringing in new players.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Exactly. Those 3 are on the PS2 so scaling up the quality and putting them on the PS3 would take substantially less effort.

LMNOP

Oh shit, well I guess I'm not alone then. Yeah, not to say BBS and maybe a Days port/remake can't come later, but KH/KHII/and Re: CoM would just take considerably less effort to get on the PS3, and they're the first 3 games to have been released in the series anyways (well, CoM was second, not Re, but you know what I mean), so it'd make more sense in terms of bringing in new players.

Im just having wishful thinking. I want to play them all again so im hoping we get BBS-2 but we will likely at best get KH1-KH2 excluding days but including CoM

crash13

Awards

I could see the HD collection being 1 and 2 with bonus content of cut-scenes re-capping all the other games. The GoW HD collection has bonus videos like that.

Shinjuku

Entrapment

Exactly the rest is just wishful thinking at this point although having them wouldn't be bad either, but it would take much longer.

State

Awards
[IDEA]Kingdom Hearts Saga Collection.

With how GoW has a Saga Collection that'll cover all releases (including PSP), I thought about KH; will they release an HD remaster of all games?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: [IDEA]Kingdom Hearts Saga Collection.

Not even in my wildest wet dreams will that happen.

Shoxir

Awards
Re: [IDEA]Kingdom Hearts Saga Collection.

I wouldn't count out an HD collection of all the PS2 titles (or at least 1 and 2, possibly final mix), but all the games in the series, I highly doubt would get a collection. Maybe a box set, but not HD re-releases for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back