• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

    CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D's story "on par with main titles, will have shocking ending"



REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
6,422
Awards
1
Wonder if they'd still face the problem of "while traveling through Castle Oblivion, you lose your memories".....

Castle Oblivion doesn't make you lose your memories, it was Namine that did that. Riku was proof of that, he went through the castle and didn't lose any memories.

The reason Castle Oblivion is called that is because you can get so lost in there you'll eventually fade to Oblivion, atleast I think that's what Master Eraqus told Aqua from the voice flashback in Last Episode.
 

HeartSeams

is back?
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
3,758
Awards
1
Overall I think Aqua and Ansem the Wise will be rescued at the end of KH3D, because they have to rescue her before they can rescue Ven. She's the only one who knows how to navigate through Castle Oblivion. Although I could see Nomura make it to where the realm of darkness made Aqua forget how to get through CO and there could be a plot twist there.
Apparently saving people isn't a part of KH3D.

Wonder if they'd still face the problem of "while traveling through Castle Oblivion, you lose your memories".....
That was only because of Nami, not the actual Castle.
 

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Joined
Oct 22, 2010
Messages
10,531
Awards
37
Location
Germany
HeartSeams said:
Apparently saving people isn't a part of KH3D.
This.
If I remember correctly it was said several conditions need to be fulfilled and "preparations" to be made before Sora and co. can even think of saving one from the list.
KH 3D will lay the groundwork for the several "rescue" missions as well as preparing for the final struggle with Xehanort, which will all actually be featured in KH III then.
 

Crystal

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2008
Messages
3,384
This.
If I remember correctly it was said several conditions need to be fulfilled and "preparations" to be made before Sora and co. can even think of saving one from the list.

I may miss out something. It says in some interview?
 

Lingering Night

New member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
373
Location
Everywhere and Nowhere
...another thing. Canonically, is the card system really required in CO? Or was that for the sake of gameplay in that one game? I can't really see Aqua saying "alright, time to save Ven...shit! I'm all out of cards!".
 

Relix

A traveler
Joined
Jul 3, 2008
Messages
4,902
Awards
1
Let's pray to the Lord that we never need to have them cards again -____- you don't know how long it took me to get a blue 8 map card...UGH the tormenting memories
 

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
Joined
May 3, 2009
Messages
2,068
Location
Do I look like a freaking GPS!!??
Damn. Well played
Were you being sarcastic? Cuz it's hard to tell over the internet.
Let's pray to the Lord that we never need to have them cards again -____- you don't know how long it took me to get a blue 8 map card...UGH the tormenting memories
Al contrario, cards were a really good addition to the game; I hope they make a comeback somewhere. Kh com was the one that got me into the series...love that game, love the card system.
 

Memory Master

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
6,422
Awards
1
Let's pray to the Lord that we never need to have them cards again -____- you don't know how long it took me to get a blue 8 map card...UGH the tormenting memories

I liked the card system personally, I think they should fix a few things with it but overall I thought it was fun and it added a layer of strategy to GBA Chain of Memories, Re:COM was too easy it didn't need strategy at all XD


And I also liked looking around for map cards, I don't know why but I like games where I have to spend some time searching for certain stuff in order to proceed. And trust me that happened on the GBA version, I searched forever to get a blue number 1 card in order to fight Axel the second time.
 

Relix

A traveler
Joined
Jul 3, 2008
Messages
4,902
Awards
1
Don't get me wrong, it was pretty decent but in having to have that certain card to proceed. I mean you really have no idea how long it took me to find that blue 8 map card. Look at it this way, you know how it would be like a 98% chance that you'd find it in the next ten matches or something...I was that other 2% -__- no lie it took me days to find that card. and when I found it, it was bittersweet. ;A;
 

heartfiend

New member
Joined
Dec 28, 2010
Messages
11
I think what will happen in the end is master xehanort will take rikus body and rikus mind will possess his organisation coat and become the mysterious figure
 

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
35,648
Awards
96
Age
32
Location
California
Website
twitter.com
I loved the CoM card system. It was so fun. And the only way to get to the final part of the game was if you had 99 cards. The entire game mystified me with the cards.

I think what will happen in the end is master xehanort will take rikus body and rikus mind will possess his organisation coat and become the mysterious figure

Eh, no. I think we are over the "Riku getting his body possessed" thing. It happened once so it won't happen again. I'm pretty sure Riku will use his willpower to expel MX.

And MX still has Terra's body so he doesn't need Riku's.

And we also have two Lingering Sentiments. That is also not going to happen since it has already happened with one character. Riku threw his coat away so he doesn't have it anymore, therefore he cannot have his mind inhabit it.
 

HeartSeams

is back?
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
3,758
Awards
1
I think MX has MX's body, personally.

But yeah, having Riku get possessed again would just be devolving his character. The great thing about Riku was that he wasn't born with a strong heart like Kairi and Sora, but he gained one through all of the ordeals he went through. Having him get possessed again just seems like ten steps backwards and zero steps forward.
 

Revolution

New member
Joined
Apr 24, 2010
Messages
814
Age
28
Location
Sleepin' Somewhere
Could there be an idea that the MF could be a sort of sentiment?

I'm not even sure how it would work, just throwing it out there.

Since the Vanitas Sentiment shared traits with the original Vanitas
The Lingering Sentiment shared traits with the full bodied Terra (They are one in the same)
Master Swordsmen Sentiment(Whatever it's called) shared traits with the original Eraqus


MF shares traits with Xehanort in the cloak, as well as Xemnas with the blades he uses, just a different form, as well as a somewhat similar fighting technique (Fast paced attacks)
 

HeartSeams

is back?
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
3,758
Awards
1
Why can't sentiments be this one off thing that doesn't pop up again? Seriously.
 

Memory Master

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
6,422
Awards
1
Don't get me wrong, it was pretty decent but in having to have that certain card to proceed. I mean you really have no idea how long it took me to find that blue 8 map card. Look at it this way, you know how it would be like a 98% chance that you'd find it in the next ten matches or something...I was that other 2% -__- no lie it took me days to find that card. and when I found it, it was bittersweet. ;A;

I had to start a new game and get the blue 1 card early again and save it until I reached the end of the game, trust I took days looking for that card. But looking back on it I had alot of fun doing it.

I loved the CoM card system. It was so fun. And the only way to get to the final part of the game was if you had 99 cards. The entire game mystified me with the cards.

Actually you had to get enough cards whos values that added up to a sum of 99.



Eh, no. I think we are over the "Riku getting his body possessed" thing. It happened once so it won't happen again. I'm pretty sure Riku will use his willpower to expel MX.

And MX still has Terra's body so he doesn't need Riku's.

And we also have two Lingering Sentiments. That is also not going to happen since it has already happened with one character. Riku threw his coat away so he doesn't have it anymore, therefore he cannot have his mind inhabit it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it will probably be something that hasn't happened in the series yet.
 

minespatch

New member
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
8
Age
33
I'm late to the table on this one but I think the shocker is:
Spoiler Spoiler Show


Go on, Nomura, hit me with your best shot. s1britishguy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top