• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D's story "on par with main titles, will have shocking ending"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
It was obvious to everyone back then. The only surprise was that he was technically Xehanort's Nobody instead of Ansem's (you know, because of the whole "Xehanort only pretended to be Ansem" thing). Everything beyond that though was obvious, and not just to me.

MF is a completely different beast in terms of mystery identity compared to Xemnas.

Lavender13

It was obvious to everyone back then. The only surprise was that he was technically Xehanort's Nobody instead of Ansem's (you know, because of the whole "Xehanort only pretended to be Ansem" thing). Everything beyond that though was obvious, and not just to me.

MF is a completely different beast in terms of mystery identity compared to Xemnas.
and youknow this how....................the game released in 2002, you joined january this year.

i would say it's obvious he was a nobody, but Xemnas's nobody? Either way...can't judge for everyone else. my friends were stuck on the idea he was Ansem SOD's master, and he was the true villain behind it all

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
and youknow this how....................the game released in 2002, you joined january this year.
Use your brain to figure it out. you may have to strain, but, I'm sure you'll get there eventually.

i would say it's obvious he was a nobody, but Xemnas's nobody?
Ansem's, actually. And yes, it was obvious.

Either way...can't judge for everyone else. my friends were stuck on the idea he was Ansem SOD's master, and he was the true villain behind it all
Fine, I meant it was obvious to all bright individuals back then.

Lavender13

stating it bluntly, i really don't see how you're helping yourself at all here...again, obvious to you, not to others. i'll leave it at that, you can say whatever you want from there.

you ccan't speak for others, even if you tried.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
stating it bluntly, i really don't see how you're helping yourself at all here...again, obvious to you, not to others. i'll leave it at that, you can say whatever you want from there.
Why would I need to help myself when I'm right? It was obvious.

you ccan't speak for others, even if you tried.
How do you think Governments work?

Anyway, my original point was that MF is completely different than the EM as the EM had plenty of hints (Reports, dialogue, Nobodies, Obviousness, etc.) while the only thing MF has is his emphasis on time (which may actually play no real part in his identity for all we know)

Lavender13

Why would I need to help myself when I'm right? It was obvious.
at the time, it may have been, may have not. depends on the person.

How do you think Governments work?

Anyway, my original point was that MF is completely different than the EM as the EM had plenty of hints (Reports, dialogue, Nobodies, Obviousness, etc.) while the only thing MF has is his emphasis on time (which may actually play no real part in his identity for all we know)
you're not the goverment.

For now, we should wait until BBSFM comes out to see if anything else is hinted, such as extra xehanort reports and such. though considering the pattern we have, the shock wouldn't be all that great.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
While I agree with the points HeartSeams is making as to the availability of "hints" for the "Enigmatic Man's" identity, very few of us had any idea who he was back then, especially before CoM and KHII had even been released. Maybe you're the exception, but acting as if it was obvious to everyone who wasn't an idiot only makes you look an ass, so fall back a bit. It's easy to say that something was obvious after it's already been revealed; it's called "hindsight bias". That's why they say that hindsight is 20/20.

But I do agree that compared to Xemnas/Enigmatic Man, the Mysterious Figure is a whole different level of obscurity. Or maybe that's the hindsight speaking. *shrug*

Lingering Night

While I agree with the points HeartSeams is making as to the availability of "hints" for the "Enigmatic Man's" identity, very few of us had any idea who he was back then, especially before CoM and KHII had even been released. Maybe you're the exception, but acting as if it was obvious to everyone who wasn't an idiot only makes you look an ass, so fall back a bit. It's easy to say that something was obvious after it's already been revealed; it's called "hindsight bias". That's why they say that hindsight is 20/20.
But I do agree that compared to Xemnas/Enigmatic Man, the Mysterious Figure is a whole different level of obscurity. Or maybe that's the hindsight speaking. *shrug*

Well said. I mean, what hints were there really. We didn't really learn the true nature of nobodies until KH2, except perhaps very slight hints in COM. What gave off that he was Ansem's nobody? He used completely different weapons in a completely different fashion. The only hint I could muster is that he
was fought in Hollow Bastion.

Now the mysterious figure may just be a little more...mysterious, if only because back then we had deep dive to show that there were more people with those black coats then just this man, even if it was just a conceptual design to hide any features back then. Now that we know those coats are the
Orgs uniform of sorts, with the exception of Mickey, Riku, etc., and we know he isn't a member, he's a completely different mystery altogether.

thewonderer

Well theres one thing about 3DS that we're all sure about or any KH for that matter

Its probably going to be released in Japan somewhere between March-July 2011 and in the U.S. December 2014 -.-

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Well theres one thing about 3DS that we're all sure about or any KH for that matter

Its probably going to be released in Japan somewhere between March-July 2011 and in the U.S. December 2014 -.-

Lmao, you're being extremely too optimistic with that Japanese release. At the earliest, I think the Japs will get it in winter 2011, meaning December 2011 through February 2012. Hopefully the localization isn't as long as BBS.

ActingDude17

Lmao, you're being extremely too optimistic with that Japanese release. At the earliest, I think the Japs will get it in winter 2011, meaning December 2011 through February 2012. Hopefully the localization isn't as long as BBS.

This is probably fairly accurate. Remember, Nomura-san wants to showcase 3D at E3 2011.

Crystal

Silver Member

I hope the game will release in 2012. 2014 for US is too far away xD

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
While I agree with the points HeartSeams is making as to the availability of "hints" for the "Enigmatic Man's" identity, very few of us had any idea who he was back then, especially before CoM and KHII had even been released
It was practically accepted fact to everyone I interacted with back then. It was pretty clear. Like "Terra will become Xehanort" kind of clear. We all knew it to be true, we just needed it to be revealed as true. That's how it was when I was on here so long ago, with -everyone- I interacted with. Maybe -you're- the exception.

Maybe you're the exception, but acting as if it was obvious to everyone who wasn't an idiot only makes you look an ass
You say that as if you think I care about looking like an ass this late into the game.

Well said. I mean, what hints were there really. We didn't really learn the true nature of nobodies until KH2, except perhaps very slight hints in COM. What gave off that he was Ansem's nobody? He used completely different weapons in a completely different fashion. The only hint I could muster is that he
was fought in Hollow Bastion.
What Nobodies were was detailed enough in the new Ansem Reports that came with KH:FM (In fact, I'm pretty sure the one explaining Nobodies is given to you when you beat EM). The minute he said he was a "mere shell" you knew exactly what he was. And, remember, this is back in KH:FM. That means, before any of the Org was even shown to us (with the exception of DD/ASAS of course) the only character other than the main trio we knew about was Ansem. And we knew that he had become a Heartless, meaning he spawned a Nobody (back then referred to as a NEO (Non-Existent One)). Honestly, the only person it could've been was Ansem/XH's Nobody. It was pretty clear.

Also, add in the fact that Goofy asks if he is Ansem and he responds by saying that name is familiar to him? Pretty obvious.

he's a completely different mystery altogether.
He's a completely different mystery because he has no dialogue, no report, no painfully obvious train of thought (such as with Xemnas). And he can't even exist in the story anyway (or, well, the fight can't). There is pretty much nothing to him that suggests who he is (except his maybe time-travelling aspects).

Lavender13

empty shell could've meant anything at the time. and the word nobody wasn't used or if they even existed. the last report only questioned what happened to the body and soul.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
empty shell could've meant anything at the time.
It was pretty clear what it meant at the time, actually. Like I said, the reports explained Nobodies. It was clear.

and the word nobody wasn't used or if they even existed.
"Who are the Nobodies, you ask? They are the Non-Existent Ones"
from DD/ASAS
and like I said, the report had them called Non-Existent Ones. And I never said we knew they were called Nobodies then (though that in hindsight should have been obvious given the line in DD that I just posted). Back then NEO was synonymous with Nobody.

Lavender13

It was pretty clear what it meant at the time, actually. Like I said, the reports explained Nobodies. It was clear.

"Who are the Nobodies, you ask? They are the Non-Existent Ones"
from DD/ASAS
and like I said, the report had them called Non-Existent Ones. And I never said we knew they were called Nobodies then (though that in hindsight should have been obvious given the line in DD that I just posted). Back then NEO was synonymous with Nobody.
eehh...you give yourself way to much credit. but anyways, i've said it before, clearly not everyone agrees with you. i admit evidence is there (most definitely not enough to know who he was exactly, but yes it was obvious he was a non-existent one at the time.) Either way, MF's identity will probably be a simple one. Sure there is hardly anything revealed at this time, but he has traits of a certain character that we already know, he gives us a keyblade called "NO NAME". i think thats some evidence.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
eehh...you give yourself way to much credit.
I'm not really giving myself any credit. I'm telling you how it happened because I was there. Everyone I interacted with at that time had taken this as accepted fact, and, if anyone said otherwise, it would be disproven with this (similar to how Terra-Xehanort theories would be dealt with before BBS came out). That's just how it is. I'm not saying "look how clever I was for figuring it out", I'm saying "look, everyone had figured it out".

clearly not everyone agrees with you.
lol suddenly you two are "everyone". i think -you- are giving yourself too much credit.

(most definitely not enough to know who he was exactly)
that was one of the most obvious parts.... You're forgetting, again, that at this time the Org didn't exist. It could ONLY have been Ansem if it was going to be related to a character already introduced. And since it was before the Org, no one even really considered it could simply be a new character (similar to how people are reacting to MF if you've noticed. They think it -has- to be someone connected to the story already instead of just a new character).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back