• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D.... Your thoughts??

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oathkeeper01

I got bored and felt like seeing if anyone had any specific hopes/thoughts/ or see any potential for Dream Drop Distance. Well? Got any??

Gram

Banned
Awards
nope lost all hope after days.
my thoughts on it at the moment? between "eh -_-" and "where why the hell do i have to use soul eater and not wtd nomura!?"

noheartx

the only thing im excited about it the advancement of story. im not buying a 3DS, so i wont be playing. as long as the story is good and there arent a thousand more stupid plotholes, i'll be happy. im more excited for BBSV2 than DDD

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Can't wait to play it, looks great and its a true prelude to KH3 not to mention I can't wait to see that Secret Ending. :3

blueheart

Bronze Member
I'm expecting it to be the best pathway game since COM. Probably better because it actually has new Disney worlds and characters.

Gameplay wise, it looks to be at the same level of awesomeness as BBS. But hopefully it won't be too easy like KH2.

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.
Excited for it. Was confused a year ago with the trailer, but now that the whole "no, they're not magically a year younger now, the trailer is noncanon, new clothes." is through, I'm stoked. New Disney worlds, yeah, might as well be KHIII for me. Just because it's not on a console doesn't mean it can't have the same hype as one.

Also, on an unrelated note, how do we even know BBSv2 is a game? It was a message at the end of a secret movie. I imagine it's a message that holds significance for KHDDD or KHIII. Running the risk of going off topic, why do you think BBSv2 will be a game?

Arimith

Excited for it. Was confused a year ago with the trailer, but now that the whole "no, they're not magically a year younger now, the trailer is noncanon, new clothes." is through, I'm stoked. New Disney worlds, yeah, might as well be KHIII for me. Just because it's not on a console doesn't mean it can't have the same hype as one.

Also, on an unrelated note, how do we even know BBSv2 is a game? It was a message at the end of a secret movie. I imagine it's a message that holds significance for KHDDD or KHIII. Running the risk of going off topic, why do you think BBSv2 will be a game?

To just address the top part, didn't Nomura say that, albeit they're getting new clothes later on, story wise they had to be in their KH1 attire for something?? And since Nomura supposedly said it's about lost data inside of Sora, wouldn't surprise me if they both have some internal battle or something. Hence both of them in their younger forms, and both of them taking out their respective rivals, Ansem and Xemnas.

And as for my hype for the game, I plan on playing it and owning it, but whether or not I get a 3DS or just borrow my friend's is another story. The trailer looks fun as all hell though, so I'm expecting to be pleased by it.

αsiя

space coke
Depends on the gameplay and the new worlds that are going to be in it. Since the Osaka team is making it I have faith that they'll create a fun and addicting battle system just like they did with BbS. Hell if it's just an improved battle system from BbS then I'll probably buy it.

Story-wise: don't care about the story that much. Sure it's gonna be nice to actually play SORA (and Riku) after so long, but the whole story is just a mess and no point to actually care about it. Not that I hate the story since I'm not the type to just bash the story just because Nomura decides to add a million plot-holes but there's just no point to go so worked about it IMO. I just want to see Sora's and Riku's interaction with the new Disney worlds (hopefully some Pixar worlds) and see what's in store for KH3.

So I am interested in KH3D just because it's the return of the actual Sora and Riku, new Disney worlds, Osaka team is working on it which equals fun gameplay, and most likely another fantastic soundtrack by Yoko Shimomura. Now I just need to buy a 3DS.

Odysseus

didn't Nomura say that, albeit they're getting new clothes later on, story wise they had to be in their KH1 attire for something?? And since Nomura supposedly said it's about lost data inside of Sora, wouldn't surprise me if they both have some internal battle or something. Hence both of them in their younger forms, and both of them taking out their respective rivals, Ansem and Xemnas.

I just heard "new clothes," which to me sounds like a step in the right direction. I interpreted it as at the beginning of the game, to start off their quest. As for the data, yes, it may cover that, but I think the main thing is the MoM, and maybe the start of finding Aqua or Ven. As for the internal battle, it sounds plausible, but the trailer was deemed "noncanon," so I pretty much find that anything we see in the trailer doesn't depict how the game will be at all (aside from gameplay, which I think the trailer shows what the "Drop Meter" is). So, I'd rather think no Ansem or Xemnas, new worlds, new clothes, moving the plot forward. And that sounds like a proper sequel to me.

Arimith

I just heard "new clothes," which to me sounds like a step in the right direction. I interpreted it as at the beginning of the game, to start off their quest. As for the data, yes, it may cover that, but I think the main thing is the MoM, and maybe the start of finding Aqua or Ven. As for the internal battle, it sounds plausible, but the trailer was deemed "noncanon," so I pretty much find that anything we see in the trailer doesn't depict how the game will be at all (aside from gameplay, which I think the trailer shows what the "Drop Meter" is). So, I'd rather think no Ansem or Xemnas, new worlds, new clothes, moving the plot forward. And that sounds like a proper sequel to me.

Maybe. When did Nomura say the trailer was non-canon?
And while I want some new clothes, I kind of dislike how Soras very crappy KH1 design has like, 3 games, and his pretty cool base KHII design just has most of a game under it's belt. Very disappointing :(

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I thought they were in their younger forms for the Mark of Mastery exam..

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Yeah I don't think they get new clothes I believe they start off in there KH2 attire.

Odysseus

He says in an interview (which apparently has yet to be fully translated) that there is new clothing for Sora and Riku. It's currently up on KHWiki, but no citation is there. Regardless, if you look up "Dream Drop Distance New Clothes", a ton of results appear (none of them the interview, unfortunately) of people talking about the new clothing. Not if there is new clothing, but what the clothing will be like. Hopefully the interview will be translated shortly.

As for the trailer being noncanon, I can't find it anywhere, but I know I read it somewhere. I lack evidence at this point, but I know what I read.

Regardless, this'll all be cleared up when it's shown at the Tokyo Game Show next month. There they'll be showing the 50%-60% complete version, and not just a trailer they built, with the new gameplay and a new trailer with it. Maybe they'll even show their new clothing.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
the only thing im excited about it the advancement of story. im not buying a 3DS, so i wont be playing. as long as the story is good and there arent a thousand more stupid plotholes, i'll be happy. im more excited for BBSV2 than DDD
I won't be surprised if BBSV2 turns out to be a piece of crap.

Yeah I don't think they get new clothes I believe they start off in there KH2 attire.

What loke said is correct.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Game ain't exciting me. Come back in a month when I can muster a little bit of interest.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Apparently, they start off in there KH1 outfits at the beginning of the game (for a specific, unknown reason), then change to new clothing partway through. At least, this is what Nomura is considering.

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Sora and Riku to See Clothing Changes
lol no.
Of course, Sora and Riku have to appear in their original Kingdom Hearts forms as part of the story.Nomura said that he's considering having them appear in their current clothing at the start of the game, and change midway through.

They are starting in their current KH 2 outfits and changing midway through the game into KH 1.

Arimith

lol no.

They are starting in their current KH 2 outfits and changing midway through the game into KH 1.

What I think will happen, is that since currently they're in their KH2 clothes, start out with that until Yen Cid begins the Mark of Mastery exam.

From there, they switch to KH1, inner battles yadda yadda.

After they finish and are Masters, then they get new clothes...with armor I hope.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
What I think will happen, is that since currently they're in their KH2 clothes, start out with that until Yen Cid begins the Mark of Mastery exam.

From there, they switch to KH1, inner battles yadda yadda.
*Yen Sid.
And that's the most probable event. It's basically a given so far.

After they finish and are Masters, then they get new clothes...with armor I hope.
No armour. That was Eraqus' thing that he got from his own Master. Master Xehanort ditched his armour, Yen Sid didn't give any to Mickey, Sora travels in a gummi ship. If anything, Sora will get an elite Gummi Ship(I wish).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back