• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 will release on January 29th 2019

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meow Wow

Awards
It's not like the two week gap with 2.8'or even several month gap with previous kh games

Funny story, during my internet strike with 2.8, I decided to listen to 0.2s music. I had my friend click the video so I would avoid spoilery thumbnails and she clicked on Back Cover. I wound up accidentally throwing my headphones at her....

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Totally remember buying 2.8 at full price out of impulse and immediately regretting it lol. Should have waited for it to be on sale, that collection was NOT worth the $60 I paid for on release at all.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
1528613654469.png

Looks like Kairi still has her KH2 hair? I can't tell for sure though.

notnow123487

Awards
Not so. There was some pretty major signs that was pointing at a July release. This is ofc not taking into account that SE was being quieter than usual on the KH3 updates when the game was set to release in 2018 & now we know why.

Youre out of your mind. I don’t know what else to say. You clearly know nothing about Square Enix or how game releases work.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I got spoilers for the KH2 ending back in 2006. NEVER AGAIN.

Besides, if there aren't language options I was thinking about getting both versions anyway.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I think that's them in the training bubble thing that Merlin mentioned. It would make sense, and the shrubbery around them is Mysterious Tower-esque. Probably means that neither of them are in their outfits in this trailer, then. I'm fine with that. Hopefully Lea gets one at all lol

Squall Strife

What signs? There was literally nothing that any official source said that even remotely pointed to a July release. Notice how Master Xehanort has been in literally no trailers so far? Bingo. Practically nothing has been shown that even shows the skeleton of the plot in trailer form, so there's no way we'd expect a game on the horizon.

The game was said to have been in the later stages of development & that was in January. Obviously something happened during the showcase that made SE rethink the gameplay style had to change & in doing so delayed this during that time.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
It's just this "OMGAWD IT CHANGED BY A MONTH THE SKY IS FALLING" attitude that pisses me off tbh. Like, calm down and take a deep breath. Let's think this through. A lot of people are saying that "it was delayed 3 months", yet we never were told it was coming out in October. Sure, we had a release window, but nothing more. Being pushed back a month is god damn child's play, I've seen games get so much worse. There's no use speculating about what the "official date" was, and there's no use whining about waiting just one more month for this game to come out. Like, seriously, it's coming out. The YouTuber's can tell you that much.
Ok but bear in mind prominent members of the community regularly shut down anyone who said a delay was even possible saying things like it would take a ~miracle~ for it to happen and here we are. I agree that nobody should be flying off the handle over this but people have a right to feel disappointed and let down given the way the release date was basically framed as being 100% locked for 2018. The user you were responding to was not losing their cool over this or irrationally blaming others, they were just expressing their immediate response which seemed warranted to me.

It's also this dismissive attitude towards the people who playtested the game. Some people have said that "if those YouTuber's shut their damn mouths, we'd have the game this year", but there's some issues to that: we don't know if that would be true at all, and, if it was pushed back to listen to their concerns and improve the game, THAT'S NOT A BAD THING. Like, seriously, I know this is a vocal minority, but damn is this attitude just completely stupid. Why the diddly someone would rather have a subpar somewhat broken button masher instead of an improved, quality KH game is beyond me. Guess some people can't wait a month.
I agree that it's a good thing SE is taking criticism into account if that's indeed what's going on, and people blaming the YouTubers are speaking prematurely anyhow. We don't know what delayed it, but hopefully SE/Nomura will be forthcoming about that in interviews.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I think that's them in the training bubble thing that Merlin mentioned. It would make sense, and the shrubbery around them is Mysterious Tower-esque. Probably means that neither of them are in their outfits in this trailer, then. I'm fine with that. Hopefully Lea gets one at all lol
no that daybreak town actually and i thin kair is her new outfit i mean ux getting the sora and kair boards tomorrow

Pokie

Okay with this ! It means that they are going to spend a little extra time tweaking out some flaws so the game is more smooth and a better time for everybody. It's fine. If they delay again, then mood will change lol.

Squall Strife

Okay with this ! It means that they are going to spend a little extra time tweaking out some flaws so the game is more smooth and a better time for everybody. It's fine. If they delay again, then mood will change lol.

Hopefully it isn't anything too serious & these tweaks are just that tweaks. When FFXV was finally released after delay after delay people was expecting it to be playable & oh boy it was bad.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Kairi definitely looked like she was in her new outfit to me, also for some reason my brain saw them in Daybreak Town for the .01 sec they were on screen but I guess I was wrong haha. Tbh y'all don't need this teaser, it was just a bunch of brief clips that will be expanded upon at E3, the only reason it was even at the Orchestra was to slap a release date on the end of it.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Not so. There was some pretty major signs that was pointing at a July release. This is ofc not taking into account that SE was being quieter than usual on the KH3 updates when the game was set to release in 2018 & now we know why.

There was never anything hinting at a July release. There never was. All they've ever said was 2018.

The game was said to have been in the later stages of development & that was in January. Obviously something happened during the showcase that made SE rethink the gameplay style had to change & in doing so delayed this during that time.

"Later stages" doesn't necessarily mean "5 months from now". A "stage" could take a year and just mean they're done with all the planning and are working towards implementing the games.

That is also a vague, nothing statement that should not be held up as the word of God.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

LOL in January he said that the last part of the game was like 30% complete! Also, even if he said that everything was close to done, IT WOULDN'T ONLY TAKE LIKE SIX MONTHS TO FINISH THOSE LAST PARTS UP AND PLAYTEST IT.

Sorry, I know that sounded mean, but Square wouldn't have delayed the game 6 fucking months because of the YouTuber thing. That doesn't make any sort of sense at all. Again, we saw practically nothing of the game other than some beginning worlds and a couple of minor organization members in detail (and Xemnas/YX), and the main villain hasn't even appeared yet. Jumping to conclusions like July 2018 just doesn't make sense in this scenario, and keep in mind that I'm not saying that you're blaming Square necessarily, but you can't expect them to comply to an arbitrary release date that you've speculated and then get upset when your date that no official source recognized turned out to be flat wrong.

no that daybreak town actually and i thin kair is her new outfit i mean ux getting the sora and kair boards tomorrow

I just assumed that since the outfit was all pink that she was still in her KHII one. And how do we know it's Daybreak Town?

notnow123487

Awards

Where did you get late stage of development from. In February they said the first three worlds were about 90% done, the middle worlds were 60% done, and the final worlds they wouldn’t even comment on so they were presumably much less than 60%. They weren’t just going to magically finish 50% of the worlds in 4-5 months time.

I think now is the time people realize this is Square. It’s a rude awakening, but it’s necessary. And what people need to see is that January 29, 2019 is the earliest day we see this game. I would not be surprised at all by another delay to spring 2019. They’ve eased into the delays by saying its coming less than a month after 2018. January is a bad month to release a AAA game like this. They might factor that in and realize they need a couple more months come the fall. From what we’ve seen, idk this game still just feels like it’s roughly a year away, maybe a little less.

Squall Strife

There was never anything hinting at a July release. There never was. All they've ever said was 2018.

"Later stages" doesn't necessarily mean "5 months from now". A "stage" could take a year and just mean they're done with all the planning and are working towards implementing the games.

That is also a vague, nothing statement that should not be held up as the word of God.

Well there was a specific date in July that would have been an ideal release date for KH3 & SE takes their release date significance seriously. Then again there wasn't anything to imply a Novemever release date was a viable choice as well other than a retail mishap that got people thinking that it was in November.

kingsoraful

Awards
I honestly think the reason there's a delay is cause of the complaints that people had from the premiere event. SE asked them for feedback so the delay is to give them enough to time to fix those small issues that people had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back